Tottenham Thread

Well that is a serious anti-climax.
What a disgusting match. Spurs could have had at least 2 sending-offs.
3 quality goals in a battle.

Hazard made the difference. Oh and Arsenal will end before Spurs.
we don`t deserve to be in the top 4!

I never seen such brutality from any Spurs before this. They must of felt the pressure like Leicester has in the last 2weeks. Chelsea has resorted to this behavior before vs Arsenal n others this season. We can blame Spurs for falling into their tactics. The media kept airing Fabregas/Hazard wanting Leicester to win the league. Spurs have a good future no denying that (lovely direct football). I think Leicester was going to win it regardless what Spurs did, it was The World n Leicester vs Spurs.

once in a lifetime friendly post, never again

Last edited:
Thanks bebo, that was a nice and gracious post.

To be honest, i'm not sure Chelsea started this. I think Mousa Dembele of all people started this...or maybe something happened before the match.

It seems that both Alderweireld and Dembele weren't very amused with Haezard's commentary that he wanted Leicester to win it (if he said that, because after the match he said he didn't care who would become champions). This might have consequences for our national team too...

Hope Alderweireld's injury isn't that bad.

And about Arsenal. For years i loved Arsenal's football. This year the football they played (after new year) was very stale. Can't understand that with players like Özil, Sanchez and others. But despite all this, Arsenal have something that Spurs haven't, look at both Noth London derbies. Spurs dominated both for very large parts, yet in the end they had to be happy with two draws (and Arsenal could have won both games at the end).

Last edited:
Arsenal are in decline it seems. Players like Theo, Alex Ox ,Campbell , Gibbs & Giroud are losing belief under Wenger and vice-versa. Look at the top scores in the league and Arsenal`s leading scorer is nowhere near the top 5. Ozil creates more then anyone in the PL. If you have no one to finish it means nothing.

The supporters are split ,So many deluded fans supporting Wenger`s reign on decline and singing his name over the protesters ,but they moan just as much during the match. Spurs will take advantage and they have belief where Arsenal can`t decide to pass :BRMM: more and walk the ball in the net. While direct football get`s things done. This post is not well formatted I'm everywhere like Arsenal footy :LOL:

Wow, just saw the Lamela 'highlight' - that is seriously cowardly - stepping on a grounded player with your studs?

Crazy that there could be 6 players suspended on video review of the 2 top teams shortly!!!

After the match Hiddink got his clock cleaned fell hard on his back :( . I hear Cesc n Lamela started the melee in the tunnel. I bet saying all sorts of life threatening words in Spanish to each other. It's typical for South Americans to takes things to the next lvl . I have tickets for (3) Copa America matches next month. They don't call it 3rd World countries for nothing lol.

It's disappointing that they took the bait, awful second half.

Given the way Chelsea suddenly decided to turn up for the first time this season, I think even if we'd won and taken it to last day they would have found a creative way to make sure Leicester got the result they need.

I'm looking forward to the final two games, hopefully the players will take their anger out on Southampton and Newcastle and end a very good season in the right way.

Beach is talking about Arsenal vs Mutd back room brawl -pizza throwing bust up. Cesc has gotten bolder w/ age. He started throwing pizza , to spitting (Hull City) to proper fist fighting.

I hope Leicester aren't having pizza ffs!

It seems the Spurs player can't be arsed to finish above our Arsenal friends.
I've been thinking about this and i've decided that this is positive.
I might suffer from sour grapes (but i don't think so), but they went for the title, lost that battle and don't care about consolations that don't mean anything...

Spurs can only win if they get rid of this Arsenal fixation (and vice versa, but i think Arsenal as a club are less fixated on Spurs, and to be honest in the long term, they are not in the same league).

The season is ending in a bit of an anti-climax, but now we should build on this wonderfull season...hope we can buy 3 or 4 good players...

Spurs should go for Michy Batschuayi, i know West Ham want him too, but they should really go for him...he's very good. I prefer him to Lukaku. I think Lukaku has had is wonder season and it will not get better than this...his first touch really is too bad to do better than this season...

What positions do you think need strengthening? You watch Spurs more than me. From the outside it looks to me like another CB to cover Vert+Ald, another CM to compete for a place (Mason is 3rd choice after Dembele and Dier?), a Kane backup and a wide player.

BTW, hands off Batschuayi for now. West Ham deserve him if they don't lose tomorrow! :)

Perhaps another cb, but Wimmer did very well, not so sure about that.

Another striker who can also play with Kane as a number 10 (i expect a difficult season for Alli).
Two SMF's.
Another DMF or CMF.
Various Spurs podcasts also want another GK as back-up for Lloris.

But most of all, i want Kevin! (I know, he will not come).

Yes West Ham deserves Batschuayi, i really liked them.

We need a fit Bentaleb, a player that can dribble and create and a striker that's completely different to Kane.

We should also use 4-3-3 more but that's a dream.

What a disappointing end to the season. After the hammering against Stoke and the good first half performance against West Brom we struggled to keep our composure.

In today's game did Walker go off injured after Mitrovic's horror tackle? I heard it on the radio and it seemed more of a tactical change to bring Chadli on and play 3 at the back. We should have kept our composure and kept 4 at the back and not go all out to attack because we were playing well and looked like we would score.

All in all a good season and it says a lot about our improvement when I'm disappointed to finish third instead of the usual disappointments of finishing fifth. :)

A finish like this suggests a mentality issue - likely the negative side of having the youngest team - but, despite finishing below them, you still had a better season than Arsenal as you challenged for the title.

or maybe they got satisfied with CL and focus on EURO?

i guess they wanted Wenger to have an excuse or reason to stay? :D

A finish like this suggests a mentality issue - likely the negative side of having the youngest team - but, despite finishing below them, you still had a better season than Arsenal as you challenged for the title.

Yes I think you are right their age has a lot to do with it and they can only get better under Pochetino. That's a good point regarding us still having a better season than Arsenal, I will keep that in my mind when I see my two Arsenal supporting brother-in-laws. :D

The day we don't care anymore about Arsenal, then we can be a big team.
Fantastic season, but a very disappointing end.
This last match makers me worry for next season.
Couldn't care less about Arsenal, but loosing 5-1 to Newcastle is worrying.

The day we don't care anymore about Arsenal, then we can be a big team.
Fantastic season, but a very disappointing end.
This last match makers me worry for next season.
Couldn't care less about Arsenal, but loosing 5-1 to Newcastle is worrying.

Our main problem is that we could not cope without Ali and Dembele. That was why we struggled in the last few games. With Poch insisting that we invest hopefully we can strengthen in depth for the new season, its not all bad as the spine of the team is good despite it being disjointed today.

I personally think the league will be tighter and tougher next season.

You have Chelsea and Man City who will perform better, Arsenal and Spurs in the mix, Leicester may continue to surprise to defend their title, Liverpool will get better and better, West Ham also are tough. The team i see struggling is Man U unless they get Mourinho. Yep its gonna be really tough next season.

Well that was unexpected , I'd imagine a slip, but to fall towards the end was a utter shock. To lose 5-1 to a 10 men relegated Newcastle is pathetic . The worst part is Wenger thinks it's his doing! :( . It's over now and Euro will wipe all of the crazy season away. Funny , Arsenal was out of the race months ago and finishes 2nd. We know one thing every club has money to spend n no one can buy everyone!

Wenger Out! Don't sig da tig!

Missing both Dembele and Alli, i don't buy that.
Both weren't even starters at the beginning of the season.

Missing both Dembele and Alli, i don't buy that.
Both weren't even starters at the beginning of the season.

Some Tottenham EPL stats...

With Dembele and Alli playing...

PLAYED 20
WON 14
DREW 6
LOST 0
FOR 49
AGAINST 13
POINTS 48 out of a possible 60

With one or other missing...

PLAYED 15
WON 5
DREW 7
LOST 3
FOR 19
AGAINST 13
POINTS 22 out of a possible 45

With both missing...

PLAYED 3
WON 0
DREW 0
LOST 3
FOR 3
AGAINST 7
POINTS 0 out of a possible 9

With both or one missing...

PLAYED 18
WON 5
DREW 7
LOST 6
FOR 22
AGAINST 20
POINTS 22 out of a possible 54

Sorry gerd but the stats don't lie. We really struggled without those players. Yes you are right they were not both playing at the start of the season and if you remember we started slowly and Kane didn't score for about 7 games. If they had played more we would have pushed Leicester a bit further without a doubt. ;)

Yeh definitely. The pundits would mention a lot how Kane, Alli, and Erikson had an almost telepathic connection. Playing perfect balls to eachother without even looking. Without Alli we lost a lot of our creativity. Things can only get better.

Looking forward to seeing our Spurs players playing for England and Belgium :)

Well only 3 Spurs Belgians in our selection, Chadli isn't ther eunless there will be injured midfielders or attackers.

Wimmots never plays Dembele, so we you will only see Alderweireld and Vertonghen. Vertonghen at left back and Alderweireld either as CB or as right back. Wilmots will never play Vertonghen-Alderweireld as CB because we don't have SB's who are good enough...

I think wwe should play 3 at the back (Vertonghen - Denayer-Alderweireld) then we could play a 4 man midfield: Witsel- Dembele-Nainggolan-KDB and 3 upfront (Hazard-Batschuayi and Mertens or Carrasco).

I have a feeling England will be very good at the Euro's and Belgium will be the big deception. We have problems at the back and Courtois just had a bad season...

Spurs has a good amount on the NT which is good for the club. It works two ways they build more confidence and could be exhausted by the start of the season. Ozil and Per had to miss 6-8 games after winning the World Cup . It was said due to their mental state and exhaustion . I know that Brazil is much further then Europe. So it's a positive , not sure about Liverpool players hopefully Spurs get the nod before anyone.

Kane- must
Alli- must
Rose- must
Drier- must
Walker- ?

Me personal I support Germany although my wife is Spanish n me Hispanic . I love German folks more then any other nationality.

Back
Top Bottom