Rangers Thread

what happend, did Rangers realy droped in to third division...that´s disasteur for them and whole Scotland league...Celtic might as well join the Premier League wich won´t happend...but it would benefit them as a club...

sad times, i liked Rangers

It's not confirmed yet, it seems it will depend on the Chairmen of the other SPL clubs. Each club, including the now defunct Rangers get to vote on if the Newco FC (new Rangers team) stays in the SPL or not. It needs 8 chairmen to vote for it (i.e. seven plus Rangers's chairman). I dont think they will get the vote, a lot of fans of other clubs are telling their chairmen to vote no. A lot of Scottish fans, and not just Celtic fans, are pissed off with the lack of contrition or even admission that the club did anything wrong. They were effectivly financially cheating, neglecting to pay tax enabled them to offer salaries and sign players for fees far in excess of what they could afford in real terms. Instead of accepting wrong doing the club has gone down the, "We wont walk away" route and has challenged major decisions (e.g. transfer embargo) in court, which is against the spirit of football. The SPL should decide if a transfer ban happens, not the courts - it's shades of Sion (Swiss team) and it could land the Scottish national team, and other Scottish clubs who are playing in the CL / Europa league in trouble if there is an arguement with UEFA/FIFA. I think all the mess the club has made of this means it will be stripped from the SPL.

Personally I think they should go to the Scottish third division and have to work their way up, and the new club should be called Glasgow Newco FC (not Rangers) for five years. The financial dishonesty was bad enough, but the reluctance to accept any culpability is what is really shocking - the should be stigmatised via name.

Can someone please explain what's happening to the club now?
Like what's going on with regards to what League they'll be in next year, and with regards to players?
I've been trying to keep up, but it's hard to! Appreciate someone clearing it up, it's sad what's happened though.

Can someone please explain what's happening to the club now?
Like what's going on with regards to what League they'll be in next year, and with regards to players?
I've been trying to keep up, but it's hard to! Appreciate someone clearing it up, it's sad what's happened though.

They've been liquidated as a company and will have to be reformed as a new company.

The political game begins now with the other clubs, the league, TV, all trying to influence where Rangers go from here. I don't know too much about the system, but I'd imagine it'll be voted on by the other clubs.

All signs point to them being relegated and perhaps applying to start in the third division. Even that's no guarantee, but it's hard to imagine them not being permitted into the league.

Essentially, what happened Fiorentina a few years back.

Yes they have to vote to be re-elected into the SPL top division.

They need seven votes from the other eleven clubs in order to do so.

Now the chairmen of those clubs are in a quandary. They know the Sky TV deal relies a lot on the Old Firm derby drawing in a large viewing audience and fear that if Rangers start off in Division Three that deal may be affected.

Also their travelling support as with Celtic provides a lot of revenue.

They have to balance it out with the attitudes of their own supporters who almost to a man want Rangers to start from Division Three. These supporters see it as a matter of principle and have said they will refuse to attend matches if Rangers are allowed to remain as a reconstituted club in the top division.

The SFA want a streamlining of organizing bodies in Scottish football which is overdue. They also should restructure the divisions but having say only 2 Old Firm derbies is not conducive to the Sky deal although it might be better for Scottish football.

The positive might be that Rangers would be forced to develop more domestic talent. Given the size of Glasgow and sucess of other small sized countries population wise the lack of production is alarming.

Numerous reasons for this. I expect the clubs in Division Three would welcome a demotion for the revenue it would bring (unlike certain so called big clubs ie Chelsea whose support was pitiful in the lower reaches of the English pyramid in the eighties unlike say Manchester City) in the form of masses of Rangers away fans.

Ah, thanks.. Guess its a prime example of money running the game the these days. Still whatever happens, Rangers are a huge club and hopefully will come what may, remain as or return to being one I the SPLs top teams.. Love watching the Old Firm on tv!

Ah, thanks.. Guess its a prime example of money running the game the these days. Still whatever happens, Rangers are a huge club and hopefully will come what may, remain as or return to being one I the SPLs top teams.. Love watching the Old Firm on tv!

Spot on. Sky ruined British football and continues to do so.

Rangers need to be relegated, simple as that. If this was any other club other than the Old Firm, it wouldn't be a question, they'd be out on their ear.

Spot on. Sky ruined British football and continues to do so.

Rangers need to be relegated, simple as that. If this was any other club other than the Old Firm, it wouldn't be a question, they'd be out on their ear.

Taking bias out of the equation, should Celtic have been in the same situation hypothetically the same arguments to retain them in the division would apply.

WTF? as if Bury are going to agree to this, that is worse than the shit that happened with mk dons/wimbledon. i dont really want rangers in english football but if they do they gotta start right at the bottom of the pyramid. and its weird how scotland is always going on about how they want to be independent but there teams want to play in our league lol. gtfo

It's only Celtic and Rangers in the past that have made overtures about joining the English Leagues.

UEFA wouldn't let it happen. And no club in any part of the English pyramid would be happy either even if they started in the lowest tiers.

The fact Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham and Berwick are in the English/Scottish leagues is a historical anomaly.

At the time the clubs were founded there was no League of Wales so naturally the teams became part of the Southern League (later the Third Division).

The FAW are concerned that as a result FIFA might take away their seat at the International Board so urged all Welsh sides to join the LOW.

Obviously for financial reasons Swansea and Cardiff and several others refused as it would have become akin to the Old Firm in Scotland.

Interestingly enough as an aside Oswestry Town now TNS are an English team competing in the LOW. Puerto Rico is the only other nation which has its teams competing in another country's leagues namely America.

FIFA and UEFA have allowed these historical 'accidents' to occur but have poured cold water on ideas such as a Benelux league, Scandinavian league, Iberian league.

As for Rangers they should take their punishment. It's not the end of the world. Indeed some time away from the top division might allow the organization to become healthier, leaner and more focused on youth development.

There is no way Bury fans would allow their club to be taken over either. I also feel sorry for them having to hear such nonsense.

The Hibbies are voting no to Newco FC staying in the SPL:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footba...rm-they-will-vote-no-to-newco-86908-23900556/

If one more club votes no then Rangers will start next season in the Scottish 3rd Division. Mother-well have a public vote on the 29th June (Friday) so it could happen then, also St. Mirren are in fan-takeover talks, but the talks are on hold until after the Newco FC decision is made.

Personally I think it's looking very much like there will be at least 5 no to the Newco FC votes.

Interestingly enough as an aside Oswestry Town now TNS are an English team competing in the LOW. Puerto Rico is the only other nation which has its teams competing in another country's leagues namely America.

Technically Derry City too. Their ground and city are within the Northern Ireland border, but the team plays in the LoI (Republic of Ireland) League.

They ain't helping themselves, seems it's everyone's fault bar their own.

The meeting is today to decide their SPL future, I think it'll be Division 1 for them, however there is already SFL teams wanting them out and into the 3rd at the very least. And Clyde FC have already said to save their dignity at least they should start in the 3rd also.

They have lost all their best players now though.

As a Celtic fan I am going to miss the game but for Sporting Integrity (this word has been constantly banded about) they have to goto the 3rd.

A quickstart in the 1st Division will widen the gap between Celtic (especially the fans) and the SFA even further (although granted it is the SPL and not the SFA actually, but people think they should be stepping in).

FD

Oh my god! :SHOCK: Where modern football is heading with his system of finance ... such a great club and ... no words. Now, at some time in the Scottish Premier League begins an era of individual domination of Celtic FC. :FAIL:

Yep, your probably right there, could be right with that.

Celtic are 1/50 to win the league.

As said I'll miss the Old Firm games as they're the best in the world for me with the whole package, but I want to see my club winning and I can see a lot of that happening in the future. But deep down I do know that my club will be impacted on with this decision as it was hard enough bringing shall we say a bigger name to the country to play in, now with Rangers out it's going to be even harder.

FD

They are awesome, why do you ask :D
I know, thanks you for the answer :D I asked because I wanted to know how the club is faring now, I sincerely want to see them again in the elite of Scottish and European football. ;)

Good luck, Rangers! I hope in next season you will already in the Scottish Championship.

The second stage is passed!​

PA-19278358-630x334.jpg

:WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

I hope, 2015/16 season, these guys will start in the Scottish Premier League! Be ready, Celtic, They come back! ;)

Actually looking forward to them coming back, might put a bit more fire into the league, however they are in a terrible mess still and there is no guarantee that it won't blow up in their face and they'll go back into Admin again.

FD

Rangers is BACK!!!

050416_dumbarton_dressing_room_celebration_01.jpg

THE JOURNEY started on July 13 2012 when Rangers and tonight on April 5 2016 the story finally comes to an end.

The 2015/16 Championship title marks the end of four seasons spent in the lower leagues of Scottish Football for the club. Gers have conquered Division Three, League One and now the Championship and will return to the Premiership in style. Only two players are still in the Gers squad that fell into the Third Division, Barrie McKay and captain Lee Wallace. Dean Shiels arrived in the summer of that season from Hibernian and he has played a significant part in last four seasons. The journey began at Brechin in the Challenge Cup before beating East Fife in the League Cup. Gers first league game away from the top tier came at Peterhead and current Ger Barrie McKay scored along with Andy Little. Mark Warburton was recruited to at last end the Ibrox institution’s spell in the lower leagues – and he has done so in some style, wrapping up the title with four games to spare with a 1-0 win over Dumbarton at Ibrox.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/the-end-of-the-journey/

Back
Top Bottom