The Official London 2012 Olympic Games Thread

I supported Murray today for GB but at Wimbledon he can do one because he's Scottish :LOL:;)

:D

Finally Murray didn´t yellow in a final. Perfect game for him and a well deserved gold medal!

Why don't the Scottish/Welsh mind all of their athletes competing for GB but when the football players wanted to be part of the GB football team, there was a problem?

I am genuinely interested to know, not on a windup or anything.

Does the passport say Great Britain ?! I assume alliance are small endearment of heritage. In the states the (-) hyphen adds to what you are and your embraced heritage. German-American...etc

It says "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

Inside the passport it says Nationality is British.

Well, that's what mine says anyway! Don't know if it's different in Wales?

Yep, trying to disturb an Olympic final: Fail.

Great race by the way, Bolt is so incredible reliable when it comes down to be there in deciding races. Has a "weak" year and then presents the world a new Olympic record, this is how legends work.

Just seen this thread, been amazing couple of days hasn't it! never thought the Olympics would be this enjoyable.

Look at the reaction of the woman besides him...she really doesn't like it.
Thousands of people would like to go to the stadium and this idiot gets in (not that i blame anybody).

Why don't the Scottish/Welsh mind all of their athletes competing for GB but when the football players wanted to be part of the GB football team, there was a problem?

I am genuinely interested to know, not on a windup or anything.

This question got lost a bit with people talking about what our passports say on them :LOL:

Are there any Scottish/Welsh members that can explain their feelings about it?

Look at the reaction of the woman besides him...she really doesn't like it.
Thousands of people would like to go to the stadium and this idiot gets in (not that i blame anybody).
The woman beside him was a Dutch judo athlete! She hit him on the back of the head after he did it!

Did she? I didn't see that.

p.s. Congrats to Andy Murray! Finally he wins something! :P

As for Roger, it looks like an olympic medal is the only thing he won't have in his career!

and a Davis Cup as well. Sadly, Murray was too good yesterday. Made Federer look like Sharapova against Serena Williams.

:COAT: :JAY:
less splash is better ?
feck.gif

Nicolas Batum: "I wanted to give him a good reason to flop".

633216458.gif

I'm not able to see the movie. But i suppose it's the punch at the end of the match that you are referring to. That was a rather scandalous foul...I don't know much about basketball, bit in football this would be a straight red card.

yep he'll definitely face a lengthy suspension in the end, may deservedly be banned from participating to Olympics in future as well. Batum was completely guilty but Spanish players had it coming. their basketball is just no different than their football in terms of attitude. tbh I'd be lying if I say I felt sorry for Navarro.

I only found a gif Sina:

nic-batum.gif

Batum was completely guilty but Spanish players had it coming. their basketball is just no different than their football in terms of attitude. tbh I'd be lying if I say I felt sorry for Navarro.

Second that. Their flopping is disgusting. Seriously, I love Marc and Pau Gasol but I can't stand with this team anymore, specially because of the tanking thing...

IMO Spain's attitude is not the point, the point is that foul...a player who will go to the NBA should be above that...

Back
Top Bottom