I like Unicorns
17 August 2007
Cascais
Estoril | Knicks
The Olympics are about to start lads!

Here's the full schedule for the Games:
tabelajo.png

good win for england.

but some useless cunt put the south korean flag next to the north korean players name on the big TV.. i dont blame north koreans for walking off. north korea will nuke glasgow for this.

Never mind the North Korean flag incident, the LOCOG numpties have upset the Welsh too (or are about to!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18997930

This is what happens when you waste billions on stupid nonsense like security (or lack of!) and totally skimp on valuable research when producing official material. So that's two incidents where two countries who don't like each other get mixed up, I dread to think what gaffe is going to happen next? Might just lump some on a "wrong national anthem" incident in the track and field, bound to happen!

good win for england.
but some useless cunt put the south korean flag next to the north korean players name on the big TV.. i dont blame north koreans for walking off. north korea will nuke glasgow for this.

Oh dear, misconception and contradiction in two sentences. :DOH: :COAT:

Last edited:
nah mate, no misconception or contradiction. how many welsh players are in the women football team? exactly 0. this is ENGLAND team. you don't want to be part of the GB olympic squad but if we leave your name out you start crying? i think you are the one contradicting.

nah mate, no misconception or contradiction. how many welsh players are in the women football team? exactly 0. this is ENGLAND team. you don't want to be part of the GB olympic squad but if we leave your name out you start crying? i think you are the one contradicting.

Yep, can't have it both ways.

I'm not crying at all, in fact I'm not arsed that there are no Welsh players in the women's team, in fact I wish the five Welsh players in the men's team weren't there but they made their minds up for the sake of playing in a "major" tournament. My point for stating you contradicted yourself is because there are TWO SCOTTISH PLAYERS in the women's team, that's right, SCOTLAND, but said about the North Korea/South Korea flag incident, when I know a lot English people still think the Union Jack is the "English flag".

I have said it before and I'll say it again, I'm against the concept of a GB team, like a number of other Welsh national team supporters, because FIFA quite simply cannot be trusted to guarantee the four home nations' own statuses within the governing body. When you get Sepp Blatter releasing contradictory statements about the home nations (even as recent as this week), and others on the bandwagon who have so much power that its affected their heads, you do worry. The English FA won't be arsed, because having ridden roughshod over the rest of the UK FA's, they'd end up assuming control completely if a UK national team was forced through, hence why they haven't been in opposition to the plan.

The misconception comment is because how often do some English people and foreigners think that England and Great Britain are the same thing? Just the other day I heard Chris Evans saying about the "English Olympic Football Team" on radio.

That's just my 2p.

P.S. also notice that Giggs, Bellamy, Taylor and Allen all remained silent when they lined up for the "UK" national anthem, says it all really. Bellamy looked embarrassed to be honest.

jackarmy said:
I'm not crying at all, in fact I'm not arsed that there are no Welsh players in the women's team, in fact I wish the five Welsh players in the men's team weren't there

same.

jackarmy said:
My point for stating you contradicted yourself is because there are TWO SCOTTISH PLAYERS in the women's team, that's right, SCOTLAND,

ye only 2, and the rest are all ENGLISH.

jackarmy said:
but said about the North Korea/South Korea flag incident, when I know a lot English people still think the Union Jack is the "English flag".

no they fucking don't.

jackarmy said:
I have said it before and I'll say it again, I'm against the concept of a GB team, like a number of other Welsh national team supporters, because FIFA quite simply cannot be trusted to guarantee the four home nations' own statuses within the governing body. When you get Sepp Blatter releasing contradictory statements about the home nations (even as recent as this week), and others on the bandwagon who have so much power that its affected their heads, you do worry. The English FA won't be arsed, because having ridden roughshod over the rest of the UK FA's, they'd end up assuming control completely if a UK national team was forced through, hence why they haven't been in opposition to the plan.

i agree, i don't want a GB team, but this team is just for the olympics. and tbh olympic football isnt important. this team has only been created for 2012 because we are the hosts. when the tournament ends this team will end. there will be no TeamGB for the world cup or euros.

jackarmy said:
The misconception comment is because how often do some English people and foreigners think that England and Great Britain are the same thing? Just the other day I heard Chris Evans saying about the "English Olympic Football Team" on radio.

who the fuck is chris evans? he sounds welsh...

jackarmy said:
P.S. also notice that Giggs, Bellamy, Taylor and Allen all remained silent when they lined up for the "UK" national anthem, says it all really. Bellamy looked embarrassed to be honest.

then why he there? this isnt a major tournament so i aint buyin that excuse...

Really good opening ceremony, I thought. A few parts were a bit baffling (the music and TV section), but it had many impressive moments. The industrial revolution part with the chimneys rising from the ground and the olympic rings being forged was awesome. The cauldron was pretty special too.

The only real downer was Paul McCartney. Why is he always booked for these kind of events? The man can't sing!

You know it's good when someone as unpatriotic as me is wallowing in it's Britishness.

A lot of it must've been lost on a lot of the foreign viewers but I thought it was great.

Really good opening ceremony, I thought. A few parts were a bit baffling (the music and TV section), but it had many impressive moments. The industrial revolution part with the chimneys rising from the ground and the olympic rings being forged was awesome. The cauldron was pretty special too.

The only real downer was Paul McCartney. Why is he always booked for these kind of events? The man can't sing!

the man cant sing!!!!!!! WTF are you smoking son!!!!

That was very bad publicity for cycling...
Both Uran and Vinokourov have a talk and then Uran very intently looks left while Vinokurov rides away on his right side...jesus...

We have a gold medal winner who had taken drugs and has literally bought one of his biggest victories (Liège-Bastogne-Liège) and well i guess now he also bought his gold medal...disgusting. And this from somebody who really loves cycling. This is already the most disappointing moment of the games.

I didn`t get the whole open ceremony thing this time I see myself as an open person the time warp from past to future was a educational. I was bored until the kissing part and dancing bit I don`t know who the party house thing was about look like some Glee stuff I was somewhat entertain.

The big thing here is about the 2 swimmers Lochte n Phelps the rivalry and Lochte is talking about being better than Phelps . Americans love a good rivalry !

IMO, the fact of the day was portrait by that young Chinese lady Ye Shiwen. Impressive performance. :CONFUSE:

That was very bad publicity for cycling...
Both Uran and Vinokourov have a talk and then Uran very intently looks left while Vinokurov rides away on his right side...jesus...

We have a gold medal winner who had taken drugs and has literally bought one of his biggest victories (Liège-Bastogne-Liège) and well i guess now he also bought his gold medal...disgusting. And this from somebody who really loves cycling. This is already the most disappointing moment of the games.

Vino is quite the opposite of the Olympic spirit. I'm may be to rude towards him but he's a completely cheater in my eyes. His victory was a punch in my stomach.

Besides, the whole race disappointed me as I was all in for a Cavendish vs Greipel battle. In my point of view the German team should have helped Sky chasing the fugitive group.

I do hope Spartacus fully recovers for Wednesday's TT. Cancellara is one of my fav riders.

IMO, the fact of the day was portrait by that young Chinese lady Ye Shiwen. Impressive performance. :CONFUSE:
Yes, 16 years old and it has already the Olympic champion and updated of the world record! I can not imagine how China is preparing its athletes to achieve such results, it is simply stunning. :SHOCK:

Btw, after the first day of competitions, China leads team standings with four gold and two bronze medals, and it's amazing!

Last edited:
Vino is quite the opposite of the Olympic spirit. I'm may be to rude towards him but he's a completely cheater in my eyes. His victory was a punch in my stomach.

I do hope Spartacus fully recovers for Wednesday's TT. Cancellara is one of my fav riders.

Completely agree with both points i quoted.
I thought the race was great. The Brittish team were the big favourites of the race and the other teams knew what they had to do: attack. They did that. Would have been a totally different race if Cancellara had not fallen, but that fall was a mistake by him...i also like him a lot (my 9 year old son is a big Cancellara fan, he cried hot tears yesterday).

Normally Wiggins will win the TT, but i hope Cancellara can win the gold medal. Great rider and true gentleman.

PS: do you know that Johan Van Summeren ended the Tour de France with damaged vertebrae? This shows what heroes those cyclist are (and what madness cycling is).

Completely agree about Vino winning the gold medal being a terrible moment for cyclism. The race was great but I wanted some unknown cyclist to win it! The british team should have searched for alliances but I guess the group of escapees was too big for that.

Good game between Brazil and Australia (basketball).

I miss Barbosa!

Hi Gerd,

Surely this was the highlight of the opening ceremony..... :)

untitled-1261khl.gif

I don't know much about cycling so bow to your superior knowledge, but for me the lowlight was the delegate (presumably from Germany?!) who appeared to be giving a Nazi salute as the German team came into the stadium...

Hahhaha classic DeniroBob!! :D :WORSHIP:

Good to see you back bro! It's been so long! Hope all's well.

Hi there mate

All very good thank you. Hope you are really good too

Just a shame that with two children I just don't get the time to participate on here as I used to.
Am looking forward to the time when like Gerd, I can play Pro Evo with my oldest!

Btw, the girl who caught the attention is called Leryn Franco of Paraguay

db

Good to see our Marítimo friend around here. :)

PS: do you know that Johan Van Summeren ended the Tour de France with damaged vertebrae? This shows what heroes those cyclist are (and what madness cycling is).

Much respect for those guys. One of the most dramatic images of last TdF was when they showed Sorenson's fingers bleeding like crazy after sticking his fingers in his front spokes. Amazed how he managed to finished the race. Impressive stuff.

Good game between Brazil and Australia (basketball).

I miss Barbosa!

Did you watch Argentina-Lithuania? The beauty of the PnR have been teached by the Argentinians. Glad that NY picked Prigioni. He's way too good for a third string PG.

Scola was huge btw. Good pick for the Suns.

Last edited:
Hi there mate

All very good thank you. Hope you are really good too

Just a shame that with two children I just don't get the time to participate on here as I used to.
Am looking forward to the time when like Gerd, I can play Pro Evo with my oldest!

Btw, the girl who caught the attention is called Leryn Franco of Paraguay

db

Good to hear from you again my friend.
Who is Leryn Franco?

Considering gaming with the kids: mostly it's awesome but sometimes some diplomacy is required too...

Back
Top Bottom