The Movies Thread

Suicide Squad - 4/10

really didn't like the jared leto's take on joker. I felt if you take will smith out the film, the film is shocking, very underwhelming

that movie is a mess but it had a dope first trailer...too bad

another decent trailer

The most badass x-men + johnny cash + phantom pain character ideas + last of us character ideas = packed theatres

Too bad hollywood knows much more how to make trailers than movies nowdays.

That robo arm dude (Donald Price) look like the mixture of these two
maxresdefault.jpg

and ofcourse the main protagonists
hjx2iPm.jpg

Last edited:
Alien Covenant: a great deal better than Prometheus. However, going a bit into the last part (massive end spoilers):
That switcheroo was the most obvious twist in the entire history of cinema, a better thing would have been to just reveal it to the audience and have the tension based on the fact that the remaining crew didn't realize it. It might have fooled about 12 moviegoers in the world put together. Not worth it.

Alien Covenant? Meh.. Aliens is one of my fav franchise yet Ridley lost it a bit i guess. Its not about Aliens its about robots and apart from the visuals & music its a terrible movie in every department. Story, characters, flow, everything else. Just dumb movie. A proper C category.

And just came back from Blade Runner 2049. In a handwave beats Ridley's new Blade Runn...khm Alien movies with David. Watched it with open mouth.

Watched Blade Runner and then Blade Runner 2049 the next night. Both great.

Kind of want to watch both of them again right away!

I'm glad Ridley Scott didn't direct this. He hasn't been himself for a while now. Directing-wise, that is.

Thor : Ragnarok - 9/10

the best Thor movie, brilliant, Taika Waititi brought a fresh air to Thor's films. Some high level comedy, great action scenes, and amazing ambiance.

Thor: Ragnarok is fantastic, utterly hilarious, has more genuine laughs than most modern comedies. Still, unlike maybe Guardians 2, the jokes never feel forced or out of place. Fantastic action as well, comic-book-y and very exciting.

The earlier Thor films are not required watching before this, only The original Avengers and maybe Age of Ultron but it's still not essential.

Thor was good. A bit too many jokes for my liking though. Don't read the comic so I'm not sure if this an accurate portrayal. I always thought the character was supposed to be a lot more serious/badass like Kratos from God of War.

Justice League : 6/10

And I'm being generous because it was enjoyable overall, but it was also very weak, cartoonish, cheesy, chaotic.

Don't have a star rating but my family enjoyed Justice League a lot more than Thor. I thought they were pretty much equal though. Can't wait to see Star Wars.

Not seen the new Thor, but Justice League was a very average, forgettable experience.

The problem for me was that the pacing was not consistent.

5/10.

Star Wars will be next film to watch, but after Force Awakens, I am just not excited.

Has anyone else managed to see Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Disappointment??
Thought it was absolutely brilliant, miserable sod.

Don't want to spoil it for anyone, so don't click below if you've not seen it.

Loved seeing Adrian Edmondson in it, and I thought he was perfect for the role really! The humour was very "dad jokes" but I think that reflects the age of the people who are still desperate to see Star Wars films (I'm very much not, I hadn't seen any until about three years ago and I enjoyed them, but I wouldn't buy the T-shirt, put it like that).

I was a bit miffed about Luke at the end, I thought that was a bit of a naff ending - and the end of the film had Leia's dialogue so clearly cut-and-pasted from previous dialogue, which left a bad taste (especially when she could be seen talking during the end music playing, it looked so off to me). I'd rather they'd cut that.

Loved it overall, though. I think most people will never get back the feeling they had watching them as a kid and I don't like how they then paint the latest films as bad pieces of work, because they're not. As someone who was never overly attached to the franchise, I think I've got the benefit of being eager to see the future development of Rey, Kylo etc. as opposed to just comparing it to the "old" relationships between Luke, Leia etc...!

I liked Stars Wars : The Last Jedi, an absolute brilliant film. Very bold and well-grounded vision, character development for Luke, Ray & Kylo was top.

phew im not a big sw fan but the Last Jedi is even more bullshit than the Force Awakens. and a boring bullshit on top of that. and somone got paid for that script! what am i doing with my life? that begs the question

dont get me wrong i have guilty pleasures as well like Mortal Kombat or Deep Rising

Loved seeing Adrian Edmondson in it, and I thought he was perfect for the role really! The humour was very "dad jokes" but I think that reflects the age of the people who are still desperate to see Star Wars films (I'm very much not, I hadn't seen any until about three years ago and I enjoyed them, but I wouldn't buy the T-shirt, put it like that).

I was a bit miffed about Luke at the end, I thought that was a bit of a naff ending - and the end of the film had Leia's dialogue so clearly cut-and-pasted from previous dialogue, which left a bad taste (especially when she could be seen talking during the end music playing, it looked so off to me). I'd rather they'd cut that.

Loved it overall, though. I think most people will never get back the feeling they had watching them as a kid and I don't like how they then paint the latest films as bad pieces of work, because they're not. As someone who was never overly attached to the franchise, I think I've got the benefit of being eager to see the future development of Rey, Kylo etc. as opposed to just comparing it to the "old" relationships between Luke, Leia etc...!

F me? Luke wanting to kill his sisters and bffs son? his nephew? the Luke who didnt even kill a wampa? the Luke who went on the deathstar to turn the most evil guy in the universe? a much wiser Luke wanting to kill his blood?!
fuck that noise. the movie is stinks with BS

And Rey is still a perfect Mary Sue.

Snoke is an idiot.

And we have 30 minutes of whatafuck with the two most boring characters ever.

Oh yeah and Holdo and Leia are dick to everyone on the ship causing a lot of death by keeping secrets of their plan for no reason rather than share it and do that in the first place. With that the 30 minutes of side quest would have been spared and a lot of rebel soul.

i mean damn! Adam Driver and porgs were the best thing in this movie and Alien Covenant isnt the worst movie of the year now!

Thankfuly there are some great movies out there. Only just saw the Arrival and Get Out. Instant classics!

Last edited:
Y'all old and cynical motherf##kers are old and cynical. I enjoyed this movie. It didn't blow me away but I felt it was solid, just like Force Awakens and Rogue One.
Straight talk though, many of the jokes were just plain bad and should have been cut. Not the sight gags (porgs, those poor caretakers) but stuff like Hugs (really???) And some others I have now forgot.
But man, some of the action is reaaaaally good. The soundless bit. The salt plains.
The fight with the... Dudes.

Y'all old and cynical motherf##kers are old and cynical. I enjoyed this movie. It didn't blow me away but I felt it was solid, just like Force Awakens and Rogue One.
Straight talk though, many of the jokes were just plain bad and should have been cut. Not the sight gags (porgs, those poor caretakers) but stuff like Hugs (really???) And some others I have now forgot.
But man, some of the action is reaaaaally good. The soundless bit. The salt plains.
The fight with the... Dudes.

Totally agree with the bolded.
That soundless bit was stunning. I want to watch the movie again when they release it on Blu-ray for that scene. (Well the whole movie is great but that I really loved that scene, a hell of a work).

how awesome would that be if Lea or Ackbar would have been in that soundless bit!!! would have been real impact, now its just a visually great scene

im thinking about watching the new Jumanji. seems like more fun

how awesome would that be if Lea or Ackbar would have been in that soundless bit!!! would have been real impact, now its just a visually great scene

I can see both sides of that. For one, having for instance Ackbar there would have given him a more meaningful death and a better send-off. But the point of the Laura Dern character was to create someone that some characters and the audience would not trust. Poe staging a mutiny against Ackbar would never fly with the audience.

While I agree that a lot of things in The Last Jedi made absolutely no fucking sense, both in the movie itself as in the universe.

Boy is that a refreshing and exciting Star Wars. Love the direction some of the major plot stuff went, they are taking risks but smart risks imo, if they don't fuck up the third of this trilogy we will look back at a lot of those and appreciate it.

Sure if we nitpick there was out of place stuff, like the weird humor, and I totally get it if you're that attached to the past, cause the movie does kinda of put an end of some 'myths'.

But its time to move on, and that movie does that, I'm sure they got a lot of new fans with this movie.

I rather have a refreshing Star Wars than the nostalgia fest Force Awakens was.

Yep, need to watch Bladerunner.

I loved Last Jedi, although I am a SW fan.

Just watched Dunkirk, absolute brilliant film.

FD

Back
Top Bottom