The Movies Thread

She gets a calling from a lightsaber (?) and knows how to use the force better than anyone in the film without any training whatsoever or knowing anything about mindtricks that even ben took years to learn .. check out the whole feminism Disney angle via reviews, bit of an eye opener for sure.
:

It is easy to criticize but that was no different with Luke. Did you forget that he could block the little flying ball droid shots blindfolded without any training from Ben?

It is easy to criticize but that was no different with Luke. Did you forget that he could block the little flying ball droid shots blindfolded without any training from Ben?

no...he couldnt...

btw the thing is annoying about Rey that she can do EVERYTHING yet she was raised on a planet where she works as a scavenger

- she can fly anything
- she can fly...fly? do maneuvers with the millenium falcon (she never ever flew ) like Poe cant do, the best pilot in the galaxy
- she can fix anything on a ship, put together stuffs...again she is a scavenger
- she can speak Wookie....how many Wookie could be on a desert junkyard planet?
- she can fight with sticks, swords...thats acceptable since that was demonstrated early on
- she can shoot more precisely than a stormtrooper

and im not even against the mindtrick or telekinesis abilites since those could be instinctual, awoken by Kylo. but really she never ever does any human like thing, she never make mistakes. Luke was a whiny brat who made lot of mistakes and it took 2 episodes to become a badass. Even a fully trained Anakin ...Windu...Obi Wan made mistakes.
its just look dumb and poorly written for me. IF all these stuffs were highlighted in a few scenes like "- how do u know these Rey?! - i dunno i just do somehow!" it could have been a great addition and we could discover later on her past like in Total Recall and could make total sense but nothing like this have been added. she just the perfect warrior, pilot, scavenger, jedi, electrician in the galaxy altogether for no reason

Last edited:
10 Cloverfield Lane is a great little film. It's been a long while since I was this excited watching a movie. Edge of seat stuff. John Goodman Brilliant. Mary Elizabeth Winstead fantastic as well. Also, damn she is hot.

I went in not knowing much about this, and although I saw Cloverfield it didn't spoil anything happening here. This movie is veeeery different.

Deadpool - 9/10

I found it highly entertaining, obviously with the quips he throws in you just can't take this movie seriously, but so so funny.

Mockinjay, Part 2 - 8/10

Another decent watch, I've really enjoyed this series when I never thought I'd take to it. Not the best of the series, I actually did prefer the opening movies as opposed to the latter ones though, but still enjoyable enough.

Hail Caesar

Not going to rate it, but by god what a pile of shite this movie was, complete and utter waste of my time, I deserve a slap for actually managing to stay to the end.

FD

Last edited:
got tickets for free on London Has Fallen..

i laugh through the whole movie..and sometimes i felt offended.

most stupid movie i have ever seen...certainly top 5.

10 Cloverfield Lane is a great little film. It's been a long while since I was this excited watching a movie. Edge of seat stuff. John Goodman Brilliant. Mary Elizabeth Winstead fantastic as well. Also, damn she is hot.

I went in not knowing much about this, and although I saw Cloverfield it didn't spoil anything happening here. This movie is veeeery different.

It was alright, but jesus that ending took the biscuit.

Watched Terminator: Genisys was okay, at best a 7/10. Started to get bored a bit of it now with all this jumping here and there.

FD

Captain America: Civil War - 8/10

Nice to see some real conflict, I hope they don't bottle it in future films and go soft.

Civil War is the new GOAT hero movie for me, 10 out of 10.

Some remarkable scenes and nothing felt messy like Age of Ultron.

But yea, they totally need a time out now, time for Dr.Strange, Panther, Spidey and maybe some new characters.

An Avengers reunion better have some real good motives to happen.

Captain America Civil War: I love Captain America 2, and so I was excited to watch Captain America 3. But I was a bit disappointed, there was no real antagonist, the civil war aspect was more like a friendly banter between the heroes, and the explanation for the idea to put the heroes under UN-rule felt hokey to me (because a) without the avenger's "actions" against the aliens and the robot, the whole world would have been destroyed and b) even if they were under UN-rule, they would have been ordered to act and the same amount of civilian casualties would have happened).

Fortunately it wasn't completely bad, the action was cool, some comedic moments were nice and the revelation about the fate of Tony Stark's parents and the consequence was good (and the different point of views of Iron Man and Captain America made sense regarding their characters).

6/10

Captain America : Civil War

watched it last friday, and I hugely enjoyed it. amazing in every aspect.
Better than BvS by miles.
Marvel did it again.

X-Men : Apocalypse : Meh ! maybe 6/10, let's make it 6.5 for the awesome Quicksilver scene. Lame script, dull dialogues, and as always having an overpowered villain makes him superficial, despite their pretensions to make him have some solid motivations, which is of course some non-sense supposed to be somehow philosophical :D.
but overall, there's a good feel and some fun surrounding this movie, not like the shit we saw in BvS when they tried to make themselves sound too serious and dark, despite the emptiness of the story.

Agreed 100 percent, its move of a confined to a house film and watch the characters unravel .. much better than I expected.

X-Men Apocalypse: Eventhough Singer was directing it, it was imho nowhere near as good as Xmen 1 and 2. Even the newer X-men movies, "First Class" and "Days of the future past" were imho way better. It was imho on the level of Xmen3, actually a little worse than that one, many things were introduced and dealt with in a clumsy way. The biggest problem was the lack of a good screenplay, the whole story felt lame and lacked refinement, the main antagonist was shallow and posed no emotional or thematical challenge for Xavier and the other "good" mutants.
The scenes with Stryker were completely irrelevant to the story of the movie, probably only shoehorned in to show Wolverine.

The scene with Quicksilver in Xavier's school was awesome though, and young Jean Grey was nice, and some of the action had some fitting harshness to it.

5/10

Last edited:
Hardcore Henry - 9/10

Its action, it FPS - its a game? Its a film! .... all I know is I hope this genre of film making gets Japanese martial arts style treatment ... insane.

Hardcore Henry - 9/10

Its action, it FPS - its a game? Its a film! .... all I know is I hope this genre of film making gets Japanese martial arts style treatment ... insane.

I gave it 40 minutes and hated it. Turned it off.
Just didn't work for me.

10 minute clips of this type of video action are all over YouTube and for me, that is what this type of 'style' is best suited to.
Over an hour of this was too much.

10 minute clips of this type of video action are all over YouTube and for me, that is what this type of 'style' is best suited to.

Well its not for everyone, I still feel this FPS style has legs (excuse the pun) if they can steady the cam a little more and maybe work with japanese martial arts/samurai director I think that really would be something. Maybe FPS for action and then standard camera angles for story.

Zootopia 10/10

seriously, one of best movies i seen this year...i don´t remember ever having so much fun watching a cartoon.. this movie is full of surprises, not just for kids, in fact the movie is realy deep in terms of challenging even adults to think of current situation in the world and how we treat people... realy i was blown by this movie and the secret message of it.. also there are many cultural references to different movies etc... it was simply amazing, go watch it.

Batman vs Superman.

I mean...i liked the Batman parts, especially the costume. But he is not the best on screen Batman at all, for me Batfleck is on the same level as Keaton and Bale only that he plays in a crapy movie a dumb Batman. This movie was a mess, like Jurassic World. I dunno who the f love these and why.

And you were right about X-men: Apocalypse. It was boring. Fassbender was good but nothing new in this movie.

10 Cloverfield Lane The best way to watch this is to not know anything about the story, better yet to see no trailer for it, just to watch. I like it, John Goodman acted well. Yeah, the ending is a bit controversial, but still not so bad that it would ruin the movie as a whole. 8/10

watched the Ultimate Cut of BvS, slightly better than the original cut, but it just made more sense to the bullshit. They already went to the wrong path, so, all those supposedly fixes to the editing issues and the plot holes didn't do the movie any favour, in fact, that 2nd watch made me decide to even decrease my first verdict, from 6.5 to 5.5. This movie is a big mess, the more I think about it, the less verdict it gets.

Suicide Squad 5/10

an other flop, good chemistry between the characters, some nice moments and fun, other than that, nothing.

Back
Top Bottom