Liverpool Thread

A big name forward added, with Mané, Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana as chance creators (and scorers), now that's an exciting team in the making.

The Top 6 is super competitive, i don't think anyone can guarantee anything, you just have to fly out the blocks, continuity is important as Spurs have shown.

Coutinho seems to have handed in a transfer request. If he leaves now, Liverpool will have to start from scratch, with the spine removed from the team. Maybe they can throw 100 mill at someone last minute but it will be rebuilding time none the less. Top 4 and CL suddenly up in the air. Dick move, Coutinho.

Maybe they can make him a new deal for one more year as they did Suarez, seems like the best thing that could happen now.

Should be fine in the longer run but this season is hard f**ked if we lose him now.

He was making absolute magic happen in pre-season with Salah as well.

Saw this coming. Arsenal are in shambles.

Liverpool weren't spectacular. It was just routine business for you guys.

our problem with the team is the lack of cohesion on the team. We have some really good individual players like Mane, Coutinho, Firminho, Lallana, etc but if one of them gets send off or injured, our whole team falls apart. We cannot be so depended on one specific player. We need a player like Keita so i am pretty much excited about that prospect

what a disappointing match. Chelsea i thought were pretty lucky at the end. We deserved the 3 points. We dominated them. *sigh

Coutinho looks good as gone. Don't really see why he would rather leave now and miss CL altogether than wait until summer. At least Liverpool should have money for a decent replacement, if it's being paid out and not tied to some clause bullshit.

Mahrez maybe, I can't really get excited for him but seems solid enough. More psyched for Lemar but he will probably cost 2/3 of the Coutinho money and is not a proven PL player

Considering how the market is now it isn't.
All pontentially top players transfers will be 100m+..
Now more interesting will be his replacement:SS

Not sure about that. Barca had 100m burning a hole in their pocket and a promise to Messi to buy big. The Neymar money has a limited reach, and will dissipate completely if LFC sign Lemar (doesn't look like Monaco are interested in changing their current transfer policy)
Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I can't see where the clubs will get the money from to sustain the prices involved in the latest 100-200m fees. Revenues haven't jumped that much

Think £145m is ridiculous for someone who, as talented as he is, has yet to have a vgood full season. If he was 19/20 having done what he's done I could understand the fee but he's 26 before next season.

IMO Mahrez is a much better player than Lemar...
About the inflation of transfer money, well PSG and both Manchester clubs have more than a hand in this.

The current City are playing astonishing football, but if you see that their net spending over the last few seasons was more than 300 million pounds, than it's very logical that City completely outplayed Spurs (24 million pound net spending in the same period).

Am i jealous? Perhaps...but as a Spurs fan i'm proud that our club tries things a different way...Spurs will win less (no) trophies, but i'm convinced this way of managing a football club is more sustainable in the long run... And look at United, they spent even more, and they play piss poor football...

I'm happy for Liverpool they get that amount of money for Coutinho (imo Liverpool don't really need him, he is a luxury player, more than a very important one... hope they can attract some good players for that amount of money...).

If Spurs don't win the EPL (and they will not, not this season, not next season) i want Liverpool to win it...apart from Spurs this is my favourite top six club.

What a match. Annoyingly exciting in the end but I'll take it.
Important to end that absurd winning run from City as well.

They are still obviously going to stroll towards winning the League and all but at least they are a well playing team and no bus parkers.

Last edited:
Hardly a City-level destruction but a good win against a very solid Palace team. And man, those Crystal Palace kits are maybe the best in the league this year! Great design!

Back
Top Bottom