The General PC Questions Thread

Yep same problem with every browser and I have like 5 installed right now!

Pale Moon:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Pale Moon is permitted to access the Web.

Sure it isn't an ISP issue.

Try using google dns 8.8.8.8

Or put the ip in the browser rather than the dns

Do some googling regarding your ISP and twitter see what comes up.

Also check your host files for something funky

Yeah checked hosts earlier, googled for my ISP and twitter and just found loads of twitter accounts related to Telia but no actual info.

Doing a full malwarebytes scan currently, will try googles DNS :)

Deleted all cookies and saved passwords, managed to get the front screen, logged on, sent a tweet, tweet sending failed with "Internal server error." (been getting that issue as well numerous times on the rare occasion I could access twitter, running Wireshark to capture the traffic between myself and twitter but can't make head nor tail of it, some of it doesn't look good though:

gm9s.jpg

Ok.

With it happening on your mobile then to me it either points to either router, dns, ISP issue.

If VPN works then this is passing you through someone else's to get to twitter.

How are you changing the dns, is it on PC and is it onto forced on router or ISP?

Can you show me a tracert from your PC?

Strange one.

Normally I have OpenDNS set on my router and SmartDNS (to get US on Netflix, UK in iplayer, Egypt on Al Jazeera etc) set on my network adaptor, this set up worked fine on Twitter up until maybe a few days ago.

Tracert:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert twitter.com

Tracing route to twitter.com [199.16.156.198]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms gw-n1-vb-d2.ias.bredband.telia.com [212.181.174.129]
2 5 ms 5 ms 4 ms s-b2-link.telia.net [80.91.246.228]
3 5 ms 4 ms 4 ms s-bb2-link.telia.net [213.155.133.104]
4 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms kbn-bb2-link.telia.net [213.155.130.51]
5 104 ms 145 ms 105 ms nyk-bb2-link.telia.net [80.91.254.91]
6 122 ms 122 ms 122 ms chi-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.249.110]
7 127 ms 127 ms 127 ms twitter-ic-302236-chi-eqx-i1.c.telia.net [62.115.33.178]
8 128 ms 128 ms 128 ms 199.16.159.34
9 148 ms 148 ms 148 ms ae50.atl1-er1.twttr.com [199.16.159.73]
10 146 ms 146 ms 146 ms 199.16.156.198

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\system32>

And this morning so far it seems to be working fine, sent two tweets no problem, did a tracert and it seems to be routed a little differently:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert www.twitter.com

Tracing route to twitter.com [199.16.156.198]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms gw-n1-vb-d2.ias.bredband.telia.com [212.181.174.129]
2 6 ms 5 ms 5 ms s-b2-link.telia.net [80.91.246.228]
3 6 ms 5 ms 4 ms s-bb2-link.telia.net [213.155.133.104]
4 19 ms 14 ms 90 ms kbn-bb2-link.telia.net [213.155.130.51]
5 105 ms 104 ms 105 ms nyk-bb2-link.telia.net [80.91.254.91]
6 113 ms 113 ms 113 ms ash-bb4-link.telia.net [80.91.245.98]
7 132 ms 165 ms 108 ms ash-b1-link.telia.net [213.155.130.73]
8 111 ms 111 ms 111 ms twitter-ic-302255-ash-b2.c.telia.net [62.115.33.198]
9 128 ms 127 ms 127 ms ae50.atl1-er1.twttr.com [199.16.159.73]
10 125 ms 125 ms 125 ms 199.16.156.198

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\system32>

Download malwarebytes on a different computer, try and get latest updates too.

Disconnect Internet on hacked. PC.

Then install it and run a scan, see if it finds some hack tools

Cheers mate. Ended up re-installing Windows 7 and it fixed it. Luckily I managed to save important files.

Guys i'm in the hunt for a new laptop and was thinking about getting a touchscreen one.

Is it worth having touchscreen on a laptop and if so does anybody have any recommendations?

hey, i just formated my pc im using win7 but now the dvd drive dont work, i tried to install a game but it will not read it, also tried 2-3 cd but non worked. it says that the last drivers are installed but it wont read cd any help

guys im having a wired problem

my Acer mini laptop was working fine until tonight , but just few hours ago when I on it I saw that mouse wont work , It was plug on power as soon as I take it off and use it with battery it work perfectly fine , idk what problem is anyone can help me ?

p.s adapter isnt original since original one was broken few years ago and I bought this "Intex" universal one and was working just fine for almost 2 years now .... o what can be problem ? maybe adapter ? it gives power and everything its fine just mouse wont work at all

Is there a function key to disable the mouse.

Check this is not enabled

Googled this..

Actually, you DON'T press Fn and F6 together. I also have a Acer laptop (mini) and my mouse just got stuck today, I tried pressing FN + F6 like someone said above but it didn't work, then I saw a key with a hand icon printed on it (which is F7) so I pressed Fn and F7 together and my mouse unfroze. Hope this helps you (if your problem isn't fixed yet) or anyone else for that matter, who may need help too.

Guys i'm in the hunt for a new laptop and was thinking about getting a touchscreen one.

Is it worth having touchscreen on a laptop and if so does anybody have any recommendations?

I did several market researches (window-shopping) :JAY: on this. I found that it just can not alter the regular need of a mouse for me + i can't stand something on a laptop screen. I just count that as a bonus, not a priority to choose a laptop.

You may consider this..
47829.jpg

http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/asus-n550jv.aspx

There are also non-touchscreen, resolution variant to choose from.

Is there a function key to disable the mouse.

Check this is not enabled

Googled this..

Actually, you DON'T press Fn and F6 together. I also have a Acer laptop (mini) and my mouse just got stuck today, I tried pressing FN + F6 like someone said above but it didn't work, then I saw a key with a hand icon printed on it (which is F7) so I pressed Fn and F7 together and my mouse unfroze. Hope this helps you (if your problem isn't fixed yet) or anyone else for that matter, who may need help too.

thanks buddy but problem its different...

yeah function key its like u said FN + F7 but thats not the problem , because mouse its frozen only when its plugged on power as soon as i "unplug" from power and i use with battery it work good .

its just mouse because I play a movie with battery and than make full screen and i plug in power and movie works well , everything work fine even buttons for click just the touchpad doesn't work so i just cant move mouse!!!

Last edited:
I have a question. I'm trying to listen to music with my 5.1 system. It works so far that I hear the music from the front boxes. I don't expect the music to be played from the rear boxes (as music is normally stereo) but I would like to hear sounds from the subwoofer. But I don't hear anything.

Could you guys please help me?

I did several market researches (window-shopping) :JAY: on this. I found that it just can not alter the regular need of a mouse for me + i can't stand something on a laptop screen. I just count that as a bonus, not a priority to choose a laptop.

You may consider this..
47829.jpg

http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/asus-n550jv.aspx

There are also non-touchscreen, resolution variant to choose from.

Thanks

What i will be doing if i do get one is installing Android on it so i can use the apps off it.

At least that way I don't need a iPad when more game company's start making phone/tablet apps for the next gen consoles.

Hi,

As I want to get the most out of PES I have decided to buy a PC. Is there something I should keep in mind when building one? Especially in terms of OS.

And how difficult is it to add the mods and tweaks presented here?

Just want to thank the modders and OF makers, you deserve a beer and a hug. The work you do is fantastic.

Cheers

Hi,

As I want to get the most out of PES I have decided to buy a PC. Is there something I should keep in mind when building one? Especially in terms of OS.

And how difficult is it to add the mods and tweaks presented here?

Just want to thank the modders and OF makers, you deserve a beer and a hug. The work you do is fantastic.

Cheers

How much you're gonna spend ?
I would build a good PC if I were you, not just for PES2014
i7-4570k
8 or 16 GB ram
GTX 770 or 760 if you're on tight budget.
SSD for OS, 128GB
A good 600-700 watt PSU
Windows 7 home premium 64bit

guys I want to buy a graphic card , not enough money to buy a "great" one so going for something between $60-80

first I was looking at this

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/gt630-2...54967&skuId=6248763&st=graphic card&cp=1&lp=9

than this other one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xfx-amd...05322347&skuId=4677014#tabbed-customerreviews

this are my pc performances , matherboard its DDR2 so should consider this too , any recommend will be appreciated

I want to be able to play some games , I know maybe I cant play in high settings but medium its okay too , want to play FIFA 14 , COD , and some games like this !

l6et.png

Ey up,

I have a networking problem that I am trying to solve. I recently bought an extra pc to use as a renderslave ( win 8.1 pro), however I havent managed to get the networking to work as I want.

The issue is this, I need to connect the two pc's by lan due to the file sizes that need to be shared for rendering, however my main pc (win7 ultimate) has a wifi connection to the router for internet. So i figured a crossover cable between the 2 pc's would be fine, and to a certain extent it is. However for some reason I can only create a working network from the win8 pc and not from the 7. Ideally I want to be able to control everything from my main pc ( win7) and have the slave (win8) as a passive pc that receives jobs and supports the main pc. But for this to work I need my win7 pc to be the boss and create the homegroup, however when I do this my win8 pc wont connect to the homegroup, even though it can see it and attempt to connect to it. If i do it in wifi it works fine ( but the bandwidth is too low to actually use it for rendering).

I thought the issue might be due to the fact that using the lan creates a 2nd unidentified network on my main pc and that that screws up the network. Ive gone through the settings to make it private and stuff like that.

My conclusion was to go out and buy some kind of switch / router, that i can then link to the main router by wifi. This would then work as a main link to both the network and wifi, thereby creating a single network that both pcs can use that also has webaccess. However I dont want to go out and buy this if it wont work. Also I dont want it to just forward the connection to the main router as it will then just be wifi again.

Thinking of it some more Im not sure the above would solve anything, it seems to be stuck in the settings from win7 to win8...
I also cant swap the pcs, or windows, as the renderslave is a stripped down pc.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Nevermind,

After another round of googling and pissing about with settings I have managed to get it working.

The solution was to move away from homegroup and do it the traditional way. ANd then the final part was to set the ipv4 adress (as homegroup uses ipv6). Now I can send render jobs to the slave, or, which is even cooler, combine the two pc's for a single render. So now instead of 8 buckets on screen (8 core pc) I now have 16! whoooo!

Back
Top Bottom