Star Wars (all new films / shows)

Godotelli

Stroking Silva's Hair
27 July 2012
Manchester
Manchester City
Wow! I was sceptical after the crap prequels and the pointless 1st teaser but this 2nd teaser has blown me away. I feel like a little kid again :LOL:

JJ has really nailed the atmosphere of what Star Wars once was. Just need the plot to be tight and the new characters to not be all boring.

33 yr old grown man tearing up over a fucking teaser trailer :R1

YouTube - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

I am going to hold judgement until the movie is released..

After all this is the guy who fucked up Star Trek, although I don't see how he can mess up Star Wars anymore than the Prequels did..

3580810-9049500674-jar-.j.jpeg

he actually killed 2 franchises, you forgot about indiana jones...the fourth movie was probably even worse that sw123...

problem being...is kinda sad to see an old harrison ford...

he actually killed 2 franchises, you forgot about indiana jones...the fourth movie was probably even worse that sw123...

problem being...is kinda sad to see an old harrison ford...

Who are you referring to for killing two franchises?
JJ Abrams wasn't involved with Indiana Jones.

Heres the entire 7 hours of yesterdays stream at the Star wars celebration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBx5OqAWeW0

ranchise was destroyed with 1,2&3. No matter how huge a part of my childhood 4,5&6 were.

Amen to that, utter trash, all of them.

I remember in 99 (or 2000? I forget now) I got a pirate VHS copy of Episode 1 and was very excited ... I was trashing it within 20 mins and didn't care by the end. I remember meeting friends and saying id seen it before release in Uk and they were all asking "so.. what's it like!??" ... I laughed and said ... "ruined and utterly shit".

Peoples faces were worth more than the film at that point.

Last edited:
Hopefully they'll be good, I can't wait myself.

Whilst I agree that the 3 new movies were nowhere near what we expected, I think people go way over the top with giving it abuse, the 3rd one wasn't too bad I thought.

FD

The thing is tho with Star Trek, Abrams might have ruined it for Trekkies but to people like me who were never into Star Trek (except maybe enjoying a few episodes of The Next Generation) the 1st Star Trek movie he made was really good. He kind of Star Warsified it a bit. So in that respect I'm not as concerned about him 'ruining' Star Wars - even outside of the fact that lucas ruined the prequels

JJ's Star Trek movies are fun scifi but as a fan of Star Trek (everything after TOS) I certainly don't like what he's done to the franchise.

JJ's Star Trek movies are fun scifi but as a fan of Star Trek (everything after TOS) I certainly don't like what he's done to the franchise.

Agreed.. He tried to make Star Trek fun and Star Warsy, but for me he completely ruined what Star Trek is meant to be about.

could this become the highest grossing movie of all time maybe...?

IMO No..

I don't even think it will even be the highest grossing this year. (Avengers: Age of Ultron)..
My Mrs would go to watch Avengers, but she thinks Star Wars is extremely geeky and full of complete nerds.. I reckon there are an awful lot of women who share her opinion.

Last edited:
I agree, tho only because Star Wars is coming back from the terrible prequels and The Avengers is coming out on the back of a well received movie

If ep7 is good and is praised then ep8 will probably walk all over most movies

Section of JJ Abrams and cast members (30 mins) before the trailer 2 reveal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yleHFE9b1mY

Most important is JJ Abrams reply to asthetic of the film and not using CGI to death, also BB-8 for all reasons (hard to make in real life) would have been a CGI job but no ... even comes on the stage. What tech they used to get that movement is incredible ... again, more proof JJ wont ref EP 1/2/3 and simple go back to "original saga" and is sticking to that.

Quick ref to BB-8 moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABzjUf3E_0c

Elephant in the room is EP 1/2/3 ... all those fans, all the talk ... and they are skipped over :) JJ knows the score here and I am pretty sure hes sticking to the plan for the fans with look & cgi balance.

Also Star wars Battlefront game team with trailer and one hour talk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brNTpnUR61g&feature=youtu.be&t=38m1s

Trailer on its own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEKSEWpz40A

That games looks incredible.

Last edited:
I will still wait till the movie is released to see if it is any good or not, my opinion in Star Wars has changed dramatically after the prequels.

I have booked to see it though in 3D iMax on the opening day.

Can't wait for this now, I'm not a huge cinema goer and I usually just do the normal seating etc, but I'm thinking of doing 3D and also the D-Box seats.

Can't wait.

FD

I was asked to go to see this in full 3D surround cinema on the 18th, maybe im getting old but I want to see it once all the hype dies down, the adults have put the kids to bed (who are too young to watch but they drag them to see it, and then get fidgety and talk through it) ... and no idiots with light sabres running around down the front of the screen before it starts.

Once they have all dispersed I think I will watch it when school holidays have finished Christmas is over and I can see it in peace :)

I still want to see this in its full 3D glory no matter what I hear about it after the dec 18th ... will pick some obscure morning daytime slot after holidays when everyone else has moved on from it.

I was asked to go to see this in full 3D surround cinema on the 18th, maybe im getting old but I want to see it once all the hype dies down, the adults have put the kids to bed (who are too young to watch but they drag them to see it, and then get fidgety and talk through it) ... and no idiots with light sabres running around down the front of the screen before it starts.

Once they have all dispersed I think I will watch it when school holidays have finished Christmas is over and I can see it in peace :)

I still want to see this in its full 3D glory no matter what I hear about it after the dec 18th ... will pick some obscure morning daytime slot after holidays when everyone else has moved on from it.

I feel exactly the same... BUT... How the hell are we going to avoid spoilers! The films plot will be EVERYWHERE within a few days! Everyone will not be able to keep quiet about it.

Unless you switch your phone off, avoid the internet, do not put your t.v on, stop talking to humans, I see no way of avoiding knowing how the film ends if we don't get to the cinema within a week of airing!

I'm open to suggestions!

That is a bit of a worry, hopefully be able to avoid spoilers though.

I'm probably going to use the Meerkat Movies so it'll be the following Tues/Wed just before Xmas.

I do agree that it'd be better leaving it till after Xmas, but for some reason I want to see it before Xmas. I am off on holiday the week after, but think I'll try and book for 22nd/23rd.

FD

Back
Top Bottom