PES2008 PS2 version is the lost game / video thread

that was my first pes for psp and i played it a lot, good game. would've tried it again if i didn't break my psp 5 years ago. but i really can't get back into oldgen games, everytime i try it feels too outdated and i don't enjoy controlling the player at all because of that 8-direction grid, still shooting is so rewarding

Yeh i get what you mean with old gen games but having played this in the last month. I have enjoyed it far more than any of the NG PES'. Yes the 8-direction grid is a pain but with passing you can use use 'through ball' for a more manual / diagonal pass. Obviously dribbling is different. But like you said the shooting is so rewarding. When you work that bit of space and sky it it is such a pain but when you keep it on target it is so rewarding. That is main problem for me in the new games, yes the build up is great but once i know i can get a shot in 9 times out of 10 it is on target and that is with Basic, Advanced, and Manual regardless of player, foot, body position, and defender pressing.

I'm most impressed by the offensive ai, the defensive ai was already quite good on we9le, maybe with less pressure though. The cpu is really aggressive too.

I don't mind these kind of weird bugs concerning player values in ml. The algorithm used by konami seems really buggy. To be honest, cpu makes really bad transfers(ronaldinho free agent going to newcastle) , but then again i prefer that to the cpu making one transfer per transfer windows as in we9le, i roleplay a bit and think that newcastle was bought by a suggardaddy or some stuff.

Yeah, the people who liked pes 5/6 should try it. It really looks like the pinnacle of the old gen pes. We never know about that export to pc thing. I was sure we9le would never get hd stadiums, and it did finally. But it is surely something more complicated.

I don't mind playing on psp. I like the fact being able to play or edit anywhere and whenever. There aren't much differences compared to ps2, except the stadiums and the commands.

Yeh i am all for imagination in this game it is all part of the emersion for me. So pleased to have rediscovered this game. I'm itching to start a ML but I want to update at least the English teams first so that it adds realism.

What time do you play on? I am flirting between 10 and 15 mins at the moment. I find that on 10 mins it can go too quick but maybe shot count is more realistic but corner kick and free kick is not. But on 15 mins I can have on average about 10-15 shots for each team but then the corner kicks and free kicks are fine. It's a tough one for me to decide because even on 15 mins i have had 0-0's and also some 3-2's so it still varies.

Can you play 'Selection Match' on PSP?

I played a couple of games and lost both 3-2. I was a mixture of Iran, Portugal, Norway nationals and the AI was Chelsea, Tottenham, Newcastle, and Stoke. Absolutely excellent games. I had this Iranian SB who kept getting forward on the left and put 3 good crosses in for Ronaldo in the first half. He scored from 2, one was a first time volley and the next was a header. What was good is that i knew my SB was playing well so i kept trying to feed the ball out to him for him to cross. But then in the second half he was marked out of it and rarely got a touch. All part of 'Teamvision' me thinks.

Then in one part of the match i played the ball to Ronaldo, he was in the centre circle with his back to goal. The way he turned the midfielder i have not seen before. It wasn't a simple turn, he turned one way but then turned completely round the opposite direction and left him for dead. Missed the shot though.

I may get this and use it on my PC ps2 emulator. Do you know of many option files for it?

Hi, yes the option file i use is probably a few years old and i am updating it a bit at a time.

It may seem strange that the teams i have done so far is...

Chelsea, Newcastle, Stoke, Tottenham.
Fulham, Middlesbrough.
Lazio.
Norway, Portugal, Iran.

I am playing a tournement with my brother using every team and i am editing the ones next in the draw. :)

We see each other every 3 weeks so i edit them for when we get to play.

The other teams are quite up to date though. Let me know if you would like me to upload what i have done so far for you?

Also, what file would it be? Max file is for PS2 would it be the same because it is a emulator?

Yeh i get what you mean with old gen games but having played this in the last month. I have enjoyed it far more than any of the NG PES'. Yes the 8-direction grid is a pain but with passing you can use use 'through ball' for a more manual / diagonal pass. Obviously dribbling is different. But like you said the shooting is so rewarding. When you work that bit of space and sky it it is such a pain but when you keep it on target it is so rewarding. That is main problem for me in the new games, yes the build up is great but once i know i can get a shot in 9 times out of 10 it is on target and that is with Basic, Advanced, and Manual regardless of player, foot, body position, and defender pressing.

Yeh i am all for imagination in this game it is all part of the emersion for me. So pleased to have rediscovered this game. I'm itching to start a ML but I want to update at least the English teams first so that it adds realism.

What time do you play on? I am flirting between 10 and 15 mins at the moment. I find that on 10 mins it can go too quick but maybe shot count is more realistic but corner kick and free kick is not. But on 15 mins I can have on average about 10-15 shots for each team but then the corner kicks and free kicks are fine. It's a tough one for me to decide because even on 15 mins i have had 0-0's and also some 3-2's so it still varies.

Can you play 'Selection Match' on PSP?

I played a couple of games and lost both 3-2. I was a mixture of Iran, Portugal, Norway nationals and the AI was Chelsea, Tottenham, Newcastle, and Stoke. Absolutely excellent games. I had this Iranian SB who kept getting forward on the left and put 3 good crosses in for Ronaldo in the first half. He scored from 2, one was a first time volley and the next was a header. What was good is that i knew my SB was playing well so i kept trying to feed the ball out to him for him to cross. But then in the second half he was marked out of it and rarely got a touch. All part of 'Teamvision' me thinks.

Then in one part of the match i played the ball to Ronaldo, he was in the centre circle with his back to goal. The way he turned the midfielder i have not seen before. It wasn't a simple turn, he turned one way but then turned completely round the opposite direction and left him for dead. Missed the shot though.

Hi, yes the option file i use is probably a few years old and i am updating it a bit at a time.

Fulham, Middlesbrough.
Lazio.
Norway, Portugal, Iran.

I am playing a tournement with my brother using every team and i am editing the ones next in the draw. :)

The other teams are quite up to date though. Let me know if you would like me to upload what i have done so far for you?

Also, what file would it be? Max file is for PS2 would it be the same because it is a emulator?

Yeah, stats system is still quite a problem in new pes. Old gen pes did it right.

Same as you, still hesitating between 10 and 15min. I used to take 15min everytime in we9le/pes 6, but 10min could be enough for pes 2008 (take in consideration that i didn't decrease the speed like you did for the moment).

No "Selection match" in psp sadly. Nice mode but still not necessary.

Yeah, i'm sure there is some sort of "teamvision" in this game, i always thought it was only on next-gen but the cpu seems to adapt or if not it has a lot of variations. New animations compared to pes 6 is something i noticed too.

I also saw that Laziale option file is quite good, there is one for 16/17 season on his facebook page if interested (for ps2 and psp)

Yeah, stats system is still quite a problem in new pes. Old gen pes did it right.

Same as you, still hesitating between 10 and 15min. I used to take 15min everytime in we9le/pes 6, but 10min could be enough for pes 2008 (take in consideration that i didn't decrease the speed like you did for the moment).

No "Selection match" in psp sadly. Nice mode but still not necessary.

Yeah, i'm sure there is some sort of "teamvision" in this game, i always thought it was only on next-gen but the cpu seems to adapt or if not it has a lot of variations. New animations compared to pes 6 is something i noticed too.

I also saw that Laziale option file is quite good, there is one for 16/17 season on his facebook page if interested (for ps2 and psp)

Thank you so much for the info regarding Laziale option file. It was actually their one that I was using from a few years ago. Didn't know they brought out a new one.

I also saw this but I think it is only for PS2...
It looks like excellent work, the guy makes me laugh the way he is whizzing round the teams lol.

It will save me so much time. I will just update transfers and do the Championship Teams and then start a ML. I won't get PES2018 this year until it comes down in price. Unless it gets really reviews from the evoweb guys.

Guys, is there a PC version of PES 2008 last gen? The emulator makes the game look really bad and stutters. Thanks!

Not sure Topaz. It's a shame it stutters :(

Thank you so much for the info regarding Laziale option file. It was actually their one that I was using from a few years ago. Didn't know they brought out a new one.

I also saw this but I think it is only for PS2...
It looks like excellent work, the guy makes me laugh the way he is whizzing round the teams lol.

It will save me so much time. I will just update transfers and do the Championship Teams and then start a ML. I won't get PES2018 this year until it comes down in price. Unless it gets really reviews from the evoweb guys.

Not sure Topaz. It's a shame it stutters :(
I'm on the lookout for old Pes games,that's why I bought a PS3 dirt cheap last year,and yeah Pes 2008 is available both for n PS3 and xbox 360, how easy it is getting it,don't know,but it's out there

I'm on the lookout for old Pes games,that's why I bought a PS3 dirt cheap last year,and yeah Pes 2008 is available both for n PS3 and xbox 360, how easy it is getting it,don't know,but it's out there

Hi rock, fancy seeing you here :)

Being honest from what I have read the PS3, XBOX, and PC versions of 200& were pretty bad. But the PS2 version, for me gameplay wise, is very good better than PES5, WE9LE, 6, and the latest ones. Yep 8 directions but the individuality of the players, the shooting, the AI attack and defence stands out. :)

Fulham, Middlesbrough.
Lazio.
Norway, Portugal, Iran.

MAX should be fine because i have a converter for it. But it seems you may download the updated one from those guys now anyways :) so i may take a look too.

MAX should be fine because i have a converter for it. But it seems you may download the updated one from those guys now anyways :) so i may take a look too.

I just downloaded the Winter Update one and it is very good.

Although i have adjusted some stats globally to slow it down.

Top Speed -15
Accleration - 15
Dribble Speed - 15
Short Pass Speed - 10
Long Pass Speed - 10

I played a couple of games this morning on 15 mins and it was at a better pace because i was able to time tackles against the AI better (but still hard).

Also the shot count was reduced significantly because there is more midfield play.

I could not play without adjustments because for me it will be like PES2017 on +2 :)

I may increase Stamina by 5 as reading some reviews people say you need to rotate the squad quite a lot in ML.

I might just start a test ML while i am editing to see how it all works. Hmm... or shall i keep playing my World Cup competition? Hmm...

Hi rock, fancy seeing you here :)

Being honest from what I have read the PS3, XBOX, and PC versions of 200& were pretty bad. But the PS2 version, for me gameplay wise, is very good better than PES5, WE9LE, 6, and the latest ones. Yep 8 directions but the individuality of the players, the shooting, the AI attack and defence stands out. :)
Hey Geeeeee,yeah I haven't tried the PS3 version of it yet,maybe I should get myself a PS2,the only game I remember being horrible for real is 09,IF i remember correctly

I just downloaded the Winter Update one and it is very good.

Although i have adjusted some stats globally to slow it down.

Top Speed -15
Accleration - 15
Dribble Speed - 15
Short Pass Speed - 10
Long Pass Speed - 10

I played a couple of games this morning on 15 mins and it was at a better pace because i was able to time tackles against the AI better (but still hard).

Also the shot count was reduced significantly because there is more midfield play.

I could not play without adjustments because for me it will be like PES2017 on +2 :)

I may increase Stamina by 5 as reading some reviews people say you need to rotate the squad quite a lot in ML.

I might just start a test ML while i am editing to see how it all works. Hmm... or shall i keep playing my World Cup competition? Hmm...

For me, i would of maybe kept top speed as normal, its acceleration that makes the difference in football games in MY opinion.

I think maybe you should boost all stamina by 10 MINIMUM then run a ML on 5 min games just to see the affect it has on squads ect.

Hey Geeeeee,yeah I haven't tried the PS3 version of it yet,maybe I should get myself a PS2,the only game I remember being horrible for real is 09,IF i remember correctly

Heh it's funny how we are all different. The first PES I played on PS3 was 2009 and I actually liked it. I remember I really struggled with the game but then I studied the piggyback book which had so much info on tactics and players. And it actually worked. I think that was the first time tactics worked for me on PES.

I remember playing someone online. The game was 1-1 in injury time and I brought on Bentley and Pavlyuchenko for a corner. Bentley took the corner and Pav headed the winner. My first win online. :)

I think you should wait until 2018 comes out before you get yourself a PS2. Some of the posts look quite positive. I will post a 2008 ML story soon so you can see what it's like compared to 2018.

For me, i would of maybe kept top speed as normal, its acceleration that makes the difference in football games in MY opinion.

I think maybe you should boost all stamina by 10 MINIMUM then run a ML on 5 min games just to see the affect it has on squads ect.

I normally reduce everything to do with speed as it helped improve PES5 a lot when I was editing that.

Just started a tester ML, i will probably do what you say and increase stamina by 10 because they do tire pretty quickly.

Heh it's funny how we are all different. The first PES I played on PS3 was 2009 and I actually liked it. I remember I really struggled with the game but then I studied the piggyback book which had so much info on tactics and players. And it actually worked. I think that was the first time tactics worked for me on PES.

I remember playing someone online. The game was 1-1 in injury time and I brought on Bentley and Pavlyuchenko for a corner. Bentley took the corner and Pav headed the winner. My first win online. :)

I think you should wait until 2018 comes out before you get yourself a PS2. Some of the posts look quite positive. I will post a 2008 ML story soon so you can see what it's like compared to 2018.

I normally reduce everything to do with speed as it helped improve PES5 a lot when I was editing that.

Just started a tester ML, i will probably do what you say and increase stamina by 10 because they do tire pretty quickly.
Sounds cool geeeeee,post em,love to read em,we miss you over there lad.
Think my issue with Pes 2009, don't know if you played it on Ps2?, mine was on Xbox 360,bought it few years back for,in your currency,50p,used.
And it was an awful game,game speed +99, they probably messed that one up properly,like I said,bought my PS3 just to get old Pes games,got 10-11-13 already

Great thread I used to love this version of PES had it all modded on my PS2 shame they removed the boots and other edit options this would still be played by a bigger community today if it was given the PC treatment.The AI were a lot more aggressive (especially going forward in attack which was a problem vs AI on PES 5/6) it was maybe a bit too fast but it made for exciting games vs CPU

I took Zenit to WEFA championship glory was easily one of my best ML experiences

Sounds cool geeeeee,post em,love to read em,we miss you over there lad.
Think my issue with Pes 2009, don't know if you played it on Ps2?, mine was on Xbox 360,bought it few years back for,in your currency,50p,used.
And it was an awful game,game speed +99, they probably messed that one up properly,like I said,bought my PS3 just to get old Pes games,got 10-11-13 already

Anything after 2008 on ps2 was pretty poor. If I remember the AI very rarely passed backwards in fact didn't pass much at all. They would just pick up the ball and run through your defence.

It's a shame because they had more teams in the leagues in ML and the CL and Europa League was sponsored. They had so much potential but gameplay sucked.

Great thread I used to love this version of PES had it all modded on my PS2 shame they removed the boots and other edit options this would still be played by a bigger community today if it was given the PC treatment.The AI were a lot more aggressive (especially going forward in attack which was a problem vs AI on PES 5/6) it was maybe a bit too fast but it made for exciting games vs CPU

I took Zenit to WEFA championship glory was easily one of my best ML experiences

Yep I have to agree that the attacks do vary a lot. I love the unexpected shots that they take. Some blaze way over the bar but then some are fantastic like Ibrahimovic's one that the AI scored against me in the 90th minute which I put in an earlier post.

It is fast that's why I have to global edit it slower. It's funny because reading the reviews on Amazon some talk about the speed as an improvement. But for me if I couldn't slow it down I probably wouldn't play it.

It's a shame that the PC version is different from the PS2. If it was the same and could be patched then it would be bigger than 5, 6, and WE9LE without a doubt.

It's good that you took ZENIT to WEFA champ glory. In those days when we used our imagination too it really added to the emersion. Fantastic experiences back then. Not so much now on the new ones for me. They very rarely get a fist pump or a "whooaah!!!" Unlike this game. :)

Damn, I wish they'd released this version on pc instead of the crappy next genified version. Thanks for giving the ps2 version some recognition, I might have to try it now. Can you sidestep in this? Cause they nerfed the sidestep in pes 6. And how about the shots, do they still have those unrealistic super sky high shots from pes 6? If this is seriously better than pes 5, this game must be the most underrated pes ever.

Last edited:
Damn, I wish they'd released this version on pc instead of the crappy next genified version. Thanks for giving the ps2 version some recognition, I might have to try it now. Can you sidestep in this? Cause they nerfed the sidestep in pes 6. And how about the shots, do they still have those unrealistic super sky high shots from pes 6? If this is seriously better than pes 5, this game must be the most underrated pes ever.

You are able to get round defenders if that's what you mean regarding 'sidestep'? It all depends on stats for both defenders and attackers. Not sure about an actual 'sidestep' command though.

There are high shots in this game but again it depends on how good or bad the striker is and position etc...

You are able to get round defenders if that's what you mean regarding 'sidestep'? It all depends on stats for both defenders and attackers. Not sure about an actual 'sidestep' command though.

There are high shots in this game but again it depends on how good or bad the striker is and position etc...

Thanks. Well in 3 and 4 you hold r2 and then press a right angle direction to do a pronounced sidestep. In 5 it's an auto sidestep on the right angles which I find more realistic. You can still use diagonals or r2 to avoid the sidestep. In 6 you can't really choose when to do it's more random/contextual. It just adds to the easier dribbling in 6 which I don't really like. The shooting in 6 is way too sensitive too, even with decent players. You can have a good player in a good position with a tap in, and he can still balloon it into the heavens with minimal power. Obviously stats, position, power, favored foot, aiming etc made a difference in 5, but they upped the sky high shots in 6 to an unrealistic, comedic level so hopefully this is a little more toned down. Anyhow, you got me curious now, particularly about the AI, so I'll most likely grab a used ps2 and a copy of this. It will be nice to have a new challenge. Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks. Well in 3 and 4 you hold r2 and then press a right angle direction to do a pronounced sidestep. In 5 it's an auto sidestep on the right angles which I find more realistic. You can still use diagonals or r2 to avoid the sidestep. In 6 you couldn't really choose when to do it as was more random/contextual. It just added to the easier dribbling in 6 which I didn't really like. The shooting in 6 was way too sensitive too, even with decent players. You could have a good player in a good position with a tap in, and he could still balloon it into the heavens with minimal power. Obviously stats, position, power, favored foot, aiming etc made a difference in 5, but they upped the sky high shots in 6 to an unrealistic, comedic level so hopefully this is a little more toned down. Anyhow, you got me curious now, particularly about the AI, so I'll most likely grab a used ps2 and a copy of this. It will be nice to have a new challenge. Cheers.

Oh ok, I have never been one for performing skills. Normally just time my movement to get past players ;)

I haven't seen that high shooting much in this one and when I have its only with poor players thankfully.

I was wondering if / how the AI uses the Strategies when they are on automatic.

Anyway here are the next two games from my WC.

Group E...

Brazil (me) v Ireland

Heh for the first couple of minutes I couldn't get the control to work.

Loved this game, a bit frantic though. Long highlights as a lot was happening.

Netherlands v Slovakia (me)

Sorry they are both long. It can be a pain editing the videos from PS2 :(

Oh ok, I have never been one for performing skills. Normally just time my movement to get past players ;)

I haven't seen that high shooting much in this one and when I have its only with poor players thankfully.

I was wondering if / how the AI uses the Strategies when they are on automatic.

Anyway here are the next two games from my WC.

Group E...

Brazil (me) v Ireland

Heh for the first couple of minutes I couldn't get the control to work.

Loved this game, a bit frantic though. Long highlights as a lot was happening.

Netherlands v Slovakia (me)

Sorry they are both long. It can be a pain editing the videos from PS2 :(

No, the long ones are good, allows me to check the AI out properly. Very good games. I assume this is on 5 or 6 star right? It amazing how much better the cpu were at defending in the older pes games. They call it zonal defending but you constantly feel like you're being man marked with players chasing you down at every turn. Makes it more challenging and rewarding compared to the newer ones where the defenders give you too much space and back off too much.

Last edited:
No, the long ones are good, allows me to check the AI out properly. Very good games. I assume this is on 5 or 6 star right? It amazing how much better the cpu were at defending in the older pes games. They call it zonal defending but you constantly feel like you're being man marked with players chasing you down at every turn. Makes it more challenging and rewarding compared to the newer ones where the defenders give you too much space and back off too much.

On this one I think it is only 5 levels and the one I am playing is Professional, one from the top. I found Top Player too hard.

Yeh they definitely cover better and hound you down a lot. Another thing is that when you have a corner and it's headed out it very rarely drops to your player because it is defended well whereas on new games the ball normally drops to a player for him to shoot from 30 yards. It is also good the way players cover for others. Maybe because of the 'Cover' skill.

Do you happen to know how the AI uses strategies?

For example I can change the strategies so that the AI activates them but does it know when to. For example I may have CB overlap, does the CPU use that for corners or when losing or is it random?

PS I'm itching to start a ML but want to edit all Championship Teams first and change Classic players to random named players that range from 15-17 years old with low stats to add realism.

On this one I think it is only 5 levels and the one I am playing is Professional, one from the top. I found Top Player too hard.

Yeh they definitely cover better and hound you down a lot. Another thing is that when you have a corner and it's headed out it very rarely drops to your player because it is defended well whereas on new games the ball normally drops to a player for him to shoot from 30 yards. It is also good the way players cover for others. Maybe because of the 'Cover' skill.

Do you happen to know how the AI uses strategies?

For example I can change the strategies so that the AI activates them but does it know when to. For example I may have CB overlap, does the CPU use that for corners or when losing or is it random?

PS I'm itching to start a ML but want to edit all Championship Teams first and change Classic players to random named players that range from 15-17 years old with low stats to add realism.

Nice to see professional giving that much of a challenge. They've definitely improved the cpu attacking AI over 5 and 6 which is great.

Not too sure about the strategies. You mean the computer opponent right, not your own team? I've never changed the opponents default strategies or thought too much about when they activate them, but I'll look into it. I'd like to think the cpu is smart enough to know when it's a good time to activate them so it's probably somewhat contextual. They most likely mix it up differently according to how the game is going but try make a smart choice rather than being completely random. I'll do some testing on 5 and we9le.

Nice to see professional giving that much of a challenge. They've definitely improved the cpu attacking AI over 5 and 6 which is great.

Not too sure about the strategies. You mean the computer opponent right, not your own team? I've never changed the opponents default strategies or thought too much about when they activate them, but I'll look into it. I'd like to think the cpu is smart enough to know when it's a good time to activate them so it's probably somewhat contextual. They most likely mix it up differently according to how the game is going but try make a smart choice rather than being completely random. I'll do some testing on 5 and we9le.

Yes i am referring to the CPU teams. Its just that you can make formation changes with 2 strategies For example i can change from 1 up front to 2. But i don't think the CPU will know to activate that one unless it 'knows' its for when it needs a goal.

With testing i'm sure if it would not help testing it on 5 and we9le as the CPU in 2008 is so much more advanced.;)

I was playing an Exhibition game today v Fulham and their striker was attacking pretty much the same (just running in on goal and trying to shoot). So about the forth time he was making the same route so i moved to block him but this time he stopped and done a cut back pass to the guy on the edge of the box and he just slotted it into the corner. Really good stuff from the CPU.

I am so looking forward to starting a ML. Just got to finish some teams. Also i will edit the Classic players to random names aged between 15-17 with low stats. I also want to change the Default ML players to mostly English random names to make it more realistic when i start. Hopefully get started by the weekend hah when everybody else is playing 2018.

Yes i am referring to the CPU teams. Its just that you can make formation changes with 2 strategies For example i can change from 1 up front to 2. But i don't think the CPU will know to activate that one unless it 'knows' its for when it needs a goal.

With testing i'm sure if it would not help testing it on 5 and we9le as the CPU in 2008 is so much more advanced.;)

I was playing an Exhibition game today v Fulham and their striker was attacking pretty much the same (just running in on goal and trying to shoot). So about the forth time he was making the same route so i moved to block him but this time he stopped and done a cut back pass to the guy on the edge of the box and he just slotted it into the corner. Really good stuff from the CPU.

I am so looking forward to starting a ML. Just got to finish some teams. Also i will edit the Classic players to random names aged between 15-17 with low stats. I also want to change the Default ML players to mostly English random names to make it more realistic when i start. Hopefully get started by the weekend hah when everybody else is playing 2018.

I see what you mean now. I'll try and help more when I get a copy of the game. You should also try and learn all the skills, and try manual passing too. You can even confuse the AI by using the manual short/long pass to shoot.

First time i edit the kit in-game in pes, i always used the kitserver ones, i think the amount of options is pretty amazing for kits.

Shame that they removed the possibility to assign special hairstyles to players, can bypass that by importing in pes editor but it's pain in the ass.

I also want to change the Default ML players to mostly English random names to make it more realistic when i start. Hopefully get started by the weekend hah when everybody else is playing 2018.
is this possible?
then i'll be doing that as well, i hate Looking at those weird unreal names that's why i don't even look at them

Thanks for that great idea!

First time i edit the kit in-game in pes, i always used the kitserver ones, i think the amount of options is pretty amazing for kits.

Shame that they removed the possibility to assign special hairstyles to players, can bypass that by importing in pes editor but it's pain in the ass.

Yeh the in-game editor is pretty good. I was doing Brighton and Huddersfield today. Its quite satisfying when you do. Im not too fussed with them being spot on though. Just getting the colours right is fine for me.

It is limited with the hair styles. I think you can do it in game as long as you know what players have the special haircuts. So you could select the preset face, then select Special Hairstyle 2, then change the face to one that you can edit. Thing is you cannot change the hair colour.

is this possible?
then i'll be doing that as well, i hate Looking at those weird unreal names that's why i don't even look at them

Thanks for that great idea!

Yeh but you can only do that in PESfan editor not with the in-game editor.

Yeh the in-game editor is pretty good. I was doing Brighton and Huddersfield today. Its quite satisfying when you do. Im not too fussed with them being spot on though. Just getting the colours right is fine for me.

It is limited with the hair styles. I think you can do it in game as long as you know what players have the special haircuts. So you could select the preset face, then select Special Hairstyle 2, then change the face to one that you can edit. Thing is you cannot change the hair colour.

Yeh but you can only do that in PESfan editor not with the in-game editor.

Amazing. Didn't know about the special hairstyles in-game, that'll save me some time. Thank you.

Amazing. Didn't know about the special hairstyles in-game, that'll save me some time. Thank you.

Being honest I've only noticed, while editing, that some players have different hairstyles. And when I change the face the hairstyle remains as Special Hairstyle 2 (only one specific hairstyle for that face) but once I scroll through the different options (bald, short etc...) then the Special Hairstyle 2 disappears. I'm guessing that if I select a preset face again then it will open up the Special Hairstyle 2 option again.

I haven't actually used it I've just noticed that happens.

So don't build your hopes up too much just yet! :P

You would think with how horrible PES 2008 next gen was, that they would release the PS2 version in PC form to kinda subside the damage but nope. What a shame. This is the one of the best PES but can't be played without an emulator or if you still own a PS2(mine's broke).

Back
Top Bottom