PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

I honestly thought the PC Thread would be HOT like fire this year.
But it's so quiet in here. It makes me wonder whether Konami was right in relegating this version for so many years.

But it's so quiet in here. It makes me wonder whether Konami was right in relegating this version for so many years.

I think this thread tried to get what we will get this year: a Next Gen version. We got it and seems that this thread is no longer active. Maybe because the ones who hated the PC port cannot hate it any more...

It's quiet because we have no real news until E3. We know everything about the 2018 game now as far as gameplay and features go. Now its just wait for gamescom to see licenses, leagues and stadiums which they won't announce before.

It's quiet because we have no real news until E3. We know everything about the 2018 game now as far as gameplay and features go. Now its just wait for gamescom to see licenses, leagues and stadiums which they won't announce before.

And the minimum specs.

Makes you kinda wish we got a watered-down version again, so that we could've shitposted away! :D

Question may have been asked: with the PC version being on par with consoles will it be more difficult for patch makers?

Hi all of you. Anyone knows if we will have the posibility to play PesLeague in Pes 2018 as in Ps4? I mean, can we get the same prizes? Thanks in advance.

Its a given that pitch & weather mods will have to do some digging to check all textures types and location for 2018, things wont be the same in that regard, face makers ... hmmm not sure. Also lets hope all editing tools stand up to the new size res and formats (especially older non updated tools).

Sorry thats a bit offtopic.

Anyway I came here to say thank the lordy we will have on par graphics for 2018, im fully in and will be looking to pitch & weather mod the life for the next game :)

Its a given that pitch & weather mods will have to do some digging to check all textures types and location for 2018, things wont be the same in that regard, face makers ... hmmm not sure. Also lets hope all editing tools stand up to the new size res and formats (especially older non updated tools).

Sorry thats a bit offtopic.

Anyway I came here to say thank the lordy we will have on par graphics for 2018, im fully in and will be looking to pitch & weather mod the life for the next game :)

Not off topic at all Matey, got to hope that current editing tools are going to be fairly easily adaptable for PES2018.
Cant wait to see the file structure.

Last week i have played with one of my friends (he got the free myclub version of the game) online and there was no lag at all on either end. It was an on couch experience.

I'm afraid that a lot of stadiums was released only for console version leaving to PC olny the damned 15 stadiums (in e.g in 2017 SIP,Anfield,Orione, Sagittaire,etc missing)
Ok, all of you know that we can use 40 stadiums slots (so they could do the same) So i ask to myself, why they never used all the slots? License issue again?
Maybe use all yours fake stadiums is better than nothing ,raise the numbers of stadiums available and PLEASE LICENSE ALL OF THEM (really there is a law that speak about license a fake stadium in a videogame?)
fake for fake , who cares about that?
In this manner also users without too many editing skill could understand what you've selled to them
No-one had never take cares of Mobruc (fake version of Modric)....

Last edited:
License problem is serious, besides of many people saying "PES've never had licenses", the actual EA license system is rigid, konami isn't allowed to license more than 3 teams (if i remember well) for the Premier League, also any kind of reference to something real that they don't have licensed can end in a court, even the thing with players like Lewandovski having their stats but no face or name could end bad if a lawyer notices it, it has happened before.
The problem start when something is similar to a real thing, but I've been thinking the same last years, i would like to have more fake leagues to edit, and for master league besides of an option to activate all these leagues, a selector league per league (like football manager)

IMO this post of zlac from here explain a lot of things and i hope that some things that him said will never happen in PES :P

Licensing games on the largest possible scale. Hint: Fuck you a) EA and your exclusive arrangements, b) Weird national-level legislations (Brazil, Germany, ...), c) Overly passive Konami when it comes to acquiring available licenses ...

ACL (and other similar databases from previous games - Copa, Sudamericana) is basically frozen in time - every player that participates in any ACL team may be fully licensed to be used within ACL mode when the game was released, but then player X from some ACL team may transfer during the winter break to some club for which Konami does not have the right to use real player names and voilà - they need to make duplicated player with fake appearances.

Another reason for fully separated ACL database might be that Konami probably has the rights to use licensed ACL teams only in ACL game mode - e.g. clubs from Chinese league (if I'm not mistaken, CSL recently signed an agreement with EA). If they would allow some of the CSL content to appear outside of ACL, they could be in violation of licensing agreements and could be sued.

National teams - have to be negotiated one by one. Croatia in PES 2014-16 for example - no agreement between Konami and Croatian football federation -> fully unlicensed Croatian NT with fake players. Licensed Modrić plays for Real Madrid and is available in database? Doesn't matter - for NT they had to invent 'Mognac', his fake duplicate with +0x40000 ID. Licensed Croatia in PES 2017 -> only one Modrić in database.

Legal considerations, more legal considerations, laziness and passivity, and then some more legal considerations ... in a nutshell.

PS. Oh, and praise the Lord that there is only one separate database in PES 2017 - just for ACL. Should Copa Libertadores and two Sudamericanas reappear as licensed product in 2017 or later in PES 2018, there will be three more separate database and even more weird ID prefixes. Just like they were until 2017 (Konami lost Libertadores/sudamericana license this year).

anyway in my opinion they should just unlock any kind of customization... there is the only a way to drive in a run versus a game with tons of license when you have a really poor choice. And i repeat again that count from 1 onwards without assign fake billion ID could be more simple for all. Also numbers have a license????

@Rydimir
About FM any kind of db structure and development should be taked like a paradigma , i'm totally agree with you

Last edited:
And i repeat again that count from 1 onwards without assign fake billion ID could be more simple for all.
Sorry but I disagree. Having "fake" players in a different ID range (completely separated from the one used by the 'real' ones) helps editing in two ways:
  • By looking at the ID, you know straight away if a player is real or fake
  • By subtracting from the fake player ID a set amount (which is the same for all the fake players) you can see if a "licensed" version of that player exists or not (so it's way easier to track and nuke duplicates).
A random guy with the Cunturipa crest as avatar talking about nuking fake players is kinda hilarious though, I know.

A thing guys, i'll be attending to PES WT here in southamerica, my intention is to have a list of things to try in-game to check how has it got better, I would appreciate you to help me with what to test.

A thing guys, i'll be attending to PES WT here in southamerica, my intention is to have a list of things to try in-game to check how has it got better, I would appreciate you to help me with what to test.
Would you really do that for us? :LOVE:

I have a question then: do players feel heavier compared to PES 2017?
I currently love PES 2017 but my almost only gripe with it is that the players are feeling too 'light' for my liking, they are too agile in my opinion.

Thank you!

Sorry but I disagree. Having "fake" players in a different ID range (completely separated from the one used by the 'real' ones) helps editing in two ways:
  • By looking at the ID, you know straight away if a player is real or fake
  • By subtracting from the fake player ID a set amount (which is the same for all the fake players) you can see if a "licensed" version of that player exists or not (so it's way easier to track and nuke duplicates).
A random guy with the Cunturipa crest as avatar talking about nuking fake players is kinda hilarious though, I know.

Ok, you're right about that ( i know these structures) , but this is just cuz they use fake players, if they remove the fake players (i mean a way where all the player have a real iD like marcelo hitler has done here) this is not anymore necessary.. i don't want any kind of double triple player, they could just make a fake player with real ID without duplicate nothing.. fake player with right stats of a real player is again useless (really we need them???)
e.g. in zlac explanation the case of Mobruc, i don't want Mobruc in croatian NT i can put him by myself with in-game editor and i can use the replaced croatian player to make a new player
and sorry but try to check db about PAS PLA PEU leagues... all the players have real id but are fake, what sense have that? Or other discutible choice like license serie C brasilian team (Red Bull Brasil) without licensing players (both things are totally useless) . Or important thing ... Created player by ingame editor why should have fake id?
Anyway is just my POV, for me all this structure could be more better than the actual one.

Sorry for the almost Off-Topic

for me all this structure could be more better than the actual one.
Oh, definitely. I fully agree that the DB structure could be way better.
The way it's done now is confusional and definitely not optimal: think about the fact that a player's appearance is stored in a different file than his age/stats or about the list of deleted players who don't get removed from the DB, but get hidden from the game if their ID is in the list...
In comparison, FIFA's database is soooo neat (and it's far from perfect, either).

The practice of not using consecutive IDs for players is also sensible in my opinion (and it's used also by FIFA): a player gets assigned an ID and he will most likely keep it throughout all of his career (in the worst case, his ID would be "shifted" to the corresponding unlicensed one, which will be the "real" one + 262'144 or 040000 in HEX).
My only gripe with this system is that, well, in the future the licensed players who appeared at least once in PES since the inception of this system (PES 2008 maybe?) will be more than 262'144...

Also, I believe there's no need to feel sorry: it's true that this is not 100% PES 2018 related, but it's still a technical discussion about a feature that, most likely, will be in the upcoming PES too. :)

Oh, definitely. I fully agree that the DB structure could be way better.
The way it's done now is confusional and definitely not optimal: think about the fact that a player's appearance is stored in a different file than his age/stats or about the list of deleted players who don't get removed from the DB, but get hidden from the game if their ID is in the list...
In comparison, FIFA's database is soooo neat (and it's far from perfect, either).

The practice of not using consecutive IDs for players is also sensible in my opinion (and it's used also by FIFA): a player gets assigned an ID and he will most likely keep it throughout all of his career (in the worst case, his ID would be "shifted" to the corresponding unlicensed one, which will be the "real" one + 262'144 or 040000 in HEX).
My only gripe with this system is that, well, in the future the licensed players who appeared at least once in PES since the inception of this system (PES 2008 maybe?) will be more than 262'144...

Also, I believe there's no need to feel sorry: it's true that this is not 100% PES 2018 related, but it's still a technical discussion about a feature that, most likely, will be in the upcoming PES too. :)

My two cents:

In my opinion the solution could be different.

I don't know if anyone of you knows the FM DB.

That DB is really huge, and is the same since first time it was developed.

Only one DB contains all staff of a team (from players to CEO) and each entry had is role status (player, coach, manager, chairman ecc...) and his career status (is active, is retired from football, is deceased). Year by year new entries are added, and the only deleted entries are the ones which resulted duplicated (commonly low league players erroneously added during the former years - e.g. Abdoulaye Tiné in former edition of the game was present both as Mohamed Abdoulaye Tine and Abdoulaye Tine due to a mistake in adding the second one).

In this way you can manage:
1- a great, incremental, DB on which you can regionalize names and surnames in order to regenerate completely new player instead of respawn the retired ones through the ML seasons (This is the way used by SI to assign a name to regen players)
2- a single DB on which you can change the status of e.g. V. Montella from player to manager, or retire him
3- manage classic players easily (you already have them in your DB, they are only to be activated)
4- avoid duplicated players (to be clear, FM DB have more than 300.000 entries of players, and except for rare cases, there are no duplicated)
5- applying the same to team DB, you could manage to have some non playable lower division, in order to implement promotion and relegation even in 2nd division.

These are the first 5 thing I have in mind right now.

Considering the issue of unlicensed teams, it could be managed by a second db (like player4.bin) with all its players in deletelist (not shown in ML mode) and assigned to NT or fake teams.

Foul cpu at sidelines of your half to let them have indirect free kick into your penalty box.. in my experiences in pes 2017, their indirect free kick always go out if play from that locations.. same with 2016.

Good!
I've been invited as well (to the one in Argentina). So I offer myself to lookout for anything you guys want to know about the game.

Adam just confirmed to me, that we'll be playing a build that's newer to the E3 and Beta. So I guess it will be Gamescom's build.

Oh man, it's going to look so pretty on PC this year.

I just wish we could have all these angles for recording like Weedens has, the free camera in replay is so limited.
Maybe an idea for a 2018 mod or a sider module at least if not from Konami, it shouldn't be too hard to code.

Back
Top Bottom