PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

(my opinion it's related to the offline game ;) )
Mine too, and I'm also targeting offline multiplayer (as in "open a beer each, sit on the sofa, grab two gamepads and start playing") as it's a mode in which this PES shines even more than when you play the CPU.
The only thing I haven't really played is ML, as I still have a FIFA career going which I started before buying PES (but, reading this thread, it looks like I've spared myself some heavy frustration).

Totally unrelated thing: it's always nice to meet a fellow member from PESMania! :WASTED:

The only time I've seen long shots on PS4 are those ones where the ball is cleared to a striker who's outside the box (sometimes MILES outside), and literally 100% of the time (no matter the player), they attempt a volley, which ALWAYS goes wide. Never on target.

But I've never seen the AI hit a shot from long-range, catch the keeper out and score a Gerrard-style goal, for example.

Yes I mean like real long range shots, not first time volleys from cleared corner kicks. Not too many but I've seen them.

Mine too, and I'm also targeting offline multiplayer (as in "open a beer each, sit on the sofa, grab two gamepads and start playing") as it's a mode in which this PES shines even more than when you play the CPU.
The only thing I haven't really played is ML, as I still have a FIFA career going which I started before buying PES (but, reading this thread, it looks like I've spared myself some heavy frustration).

Totally unrelated thing: it's always nice to meet a fellow member from PESMania! :WASTED:

Tournament and league mode in my opinion is better than master league, less scripting the better.

If you comeback on pesmania, you will find the solution to play a very good masterleague without the frustrations due by Konami's scripting ;)

I play a very good masterleague now ;)

On PC, now, with Sider by juce and the gameplay2.lua module you can change the gameplay as you want... FMOD v3 by Fruits, for example, has inserted the PS4 gameplay into pc (Fruits has both versions... PS4 and PC)..

But you can change the gameplay also more close of your preferences if you don't like the default ps4 or pc parameters
I'm not doubting that what you say is possible but I've tried at least 10 gameplay patches (Parham for example) but none of them changed things dramatically if it all. The tools you mention, I don't know so can't comment on that..

The only time I've seen long shots on PS4 are those ones where the ball is cleared to a striker who's outside the box (sometimes MILES outside), and literally 100% of the time (no matter the player), they attempt a volley, which ALWAYS goes wide. Never on target.

But I've never seen the AI hit a shot from long-range, catch the keeper out and score a Gerrard-style goal, for example.

Fast forward to 1:10 and you will see one from me (sorry I had to include it because I loved the bounce on the ball) fast forward further to 6:38 and you will see one from the CPU albeit a volley. Fantastic commentary on both.

On PS4 on Prof level.

[...]fast forward further to 6:38 and you will see one from the CPU albeit a volley.
I have never seen a goal like that from the AI - which leads me to believe:
On professional there are way more cpu shots from distance. Superstar is where gameplay eventually "breaks".

I'm playing on Superstar at the minute and after getting Hull's team spirit to the 80s-90s, I'm winning every game - though I'm not playing manual (and although I've experimented with it I can tell you it's 100% not for me, it ruins the flow of the game no matter how much I practice).

It's no wonder one half of us sees a flaw in the game that the other doesn't see - I would never have predicted that you only get to see long-range shots from the AI on Professional...

(Cracking goal by the way Gee! :D)

Never had the CPU score from outside the box, not once - so maybe I need to try the PC version...

Really Chris not even the lay back from the guy in the box? ... .I've actually conceded goals from at least 30m when the cpu gets frustrated if you are defending deep. . .absolute screamers.

Really Chris not even the lay back from the guy in the box? ... .I've actually conceded goals from at least 30m when the cpu gets frustrated if you are defending deep. . .absolute screamers.
Nope - volleys that go miles wide, yes (any kind of clearance that lands at an AI players' feet they just HAVE to smack). But I've never seen the AI go on a little dribble and then take a long-range shot out of nowhere, that goes in.

But as I've said above, I think it's probably a difficulty level thing, and once you manage to achieve a high team spirit, you have to play on Superstar (especially if you don't play manual) or it's like Real Madrid versus the local schoolkids.

I have never seen a goal like that from the AI - which leads me to believe:

I'm playing on Superstar at the minute and after getting Hull's team spirit to the 80s-90s, I'm winning every game - though I'm not playing manual (and although I've experimented with it I can tell you it's 100% not for me, it ruins the flow of the game no matter how much I practice).

It's no wonder one half of us sees a flaw in the game that the other doesn't see - I would never have predicted that you only get to see long-range shots from the AI on Professional...

(Cracking goal by the way Gee! :D)

Yeh that was on Professional and I was literally clapping when the CPU cracked that one in. Ive since notched it up to Top Player. That goal I scored I was just as shocked but loved the way it kind of dipped before bouncing in. It wasn't even hit that powerful.

Nope - volleys that go miles wide, yes (any kind of clearance that lands at an AI players' feet they just HAVE to smack). But I've never seen the AI go on a little dribble and then take a long-range shot out of nowhere, that goes in.

But as I've said above, I think it's probably a difficulty level thing, and once you manage to achieve a high team spirit, you have to play on Superstar (especially if you don't play manual) or it's like Real Madrid versus the local schoolkids.

Heh heh I think it's time to have an 'AI smackers from 30yrds' thread.

I was playing full manual Chris but recently I've gone to 1 bar assisted passing but stuck with manual shooting. Sorry these posts are off topic. ;)

I think since the latest patch(1.04.01), I conceded some mid and long range goals from ai that I had never seen before
I play on ss/top player and ai try to attempt more long range shots than before (not only volley but also after dribbling)
they may not be enough but I can see the difference after the patch

I disagree with you on this, Chris.
I've had several goals scored against me by the CPU the way you describe (Corner Kick - Clearance - Volley), and remember thinking "shit... what a goal! The CPU is cheating now...", because it was usually to set an equalizer or win over the last minutes of the match.

So I guess this is that typical "damn if they don't, and damn if they do" kind of situation.

This is the only iteration of PES where I have admired AI goals so much.I think its a touch that was needed.
( btw I have always played professional as everything else seems to unleash the scripting demon even more.)

I disagree with you on this, Chris.
I've had several goals scored against me by the CPU the way you describe (Corner Kick - Clearance - Volley), and remember thinking "shit... what a goal! The CPU is cheating now...", because it was usually to set an equalizer or win over the last minutes of the match.
Are you playing on Superstar too? That's the only reason I can think of that we'd be seeing different things.

I love being shocked by the AI doing something, particularly a long-shot I didn't see coming (when there's a passing option on, but the guy decides to go for it). I haven't seen that in PES this year, but I guess that's because on Superstar, the AI will ALWAYS take the best option (i.e. the pass) and take the least risky shot.

This is the only iteration of PES where I have admired AI goals so much.I think its a touch that was needed.
I love to see that - I remember a match years ago where I was positioning defenders and I almost didn't notice the AI shoot, and it flew in. Brilliant. But I don't see that any more (again, probably because of the difficulty level, I'd imagine).

I was just interested to see long-range goals from the AI mentioned on PC - I haven't played it on PC this year, only PS4. But it would seem the difficulty level is having a hand in this.

There's a definitely a marked difference in attacking play on professional. This is partly why I always begin on professional in master league and work my way up to superstar. The attacking variety of the cpu on professional is much greater than on superstar but unfortunately it is way too easy.

It makes sense. I remember in the early versions of pes 2016 when the cpu only makes low shots to bottom corner, I tried playing on regular and the AI made a high shot from the edge of the box, no one believed me though. I'm guessing that the higher the difficultly level the CPU is programmed to make moves which has the highest possibility to score, and shooting from long range is not one of them. On superstar the cpu tend to do this really quick on touch passing on first time shot inside the box.

It makes sense. I remember in the early versions of pes 2016 when the cpu only makes low shots to bottom corner, I tried playing on regular and the AI made a high shot from the edge of the box, no one believed me though. I'm guessing that the higher the difficultly level the CPU is programmed to make moves which has the highest possibility to score, and shooting from long range is not one of them. On superstar the cpu tend to do this really quick on touch passing on first time shot inside the box.
Exactly. On superstar the cpu just looks for the quickest route to goal. Path of least resistance.

Don't expect rockets from 50 yards though, I'm talking 18-20 metres. But yeah, they definitely did (albeit not too often). I'm going to play a couple of other matches in the coming days, I'll record a clip if it happens again so you get what I mean. :)
As promised:
This didn't go in but several do... And I can confirm that I also hardly play at' Superstar' level, but I usually play at the one just below (it must be 'Top Player') so that must explain why I see such variety in the way the CPU attacks.

with all the latest lua modules and sider, i think now pes 2017 is totally revolutionated!
I suggest to all people that doesn't know what I'm speaking about to check the pes 2017 edit section of the forum...

Exactly, I was playing Everton V Leeds in a very decent Goodison,with Everton fans on song with chants,a real good pitch,electronic adboards,hd boots,kits & ball,and I was just thinking to myself its a long time since I enjoyed it this much.The game ended 0-0 and it was a really testing game,love it.
Would never have thought that what I bought could end up looking & sounding so good.

Exactly, I was playing Everton V Leeds in a very decent Goodison,with Everton fans on song with chants,a real good pitch,electronic adboards,hd boots,kits & ball,and I was just thinking to myself its a long time since I enjoyed it this much.The game ended 0-0 and it was a really testing game,love it.
Would never have thought that what I bought could end up looking & sounding so good.

maybe now pes 2017 could be better also respect pes 2018 until same stuffs aren't made also for the new konami next generation game

PS: with the new snow-mod-gp.lua module we can also have three differents gameplay style, second the weather we encounter (with snow)

Last edited:
Out of interest, have not applied snow module yet, but can You select hi-vis balls automatically to match the weather conditions?

Exactly, I was playing Everton V Leeds in a very decent Goodison,with Everton fans on song with chants,a real good pitch,electronic adboards,hd boots,kits & ball,and I was just thinking to myself its a long time since I enjoyed it this much.
Any videos that show all this stuff off anywhere? I'd love to see what you're talking about!

Somebody try it GeForce Experience?
db0ac017_o.jpeg

Yesterday I bought the Palit GeForce GTX 970 and until 2:00 in the morning, with friends, we tried to play online co-op through the GeForce Experience share feature. We tried most PES 2017 and PES 2013 sometimes . It turns out ... it works. Yes somewhat lower resolution 720p and maybe30 fps but .. it works. Here's the supporting games :
5325ff42_o.jpeg

EVEN we managed to play PES 6 online co-op this way :D .

That mean that you can play ANY PES game on PC, Co-op or 1 vs 1 , Co-op Master League or Cup or League or .. hell what you want :D

Last edited:
About the shots from outside, I managed to record some footage of two goals that I conceded against the CPU last weekend (I just recorded the videos, I couldn't edit or upload them because I would've lost the flight had I done it, and I'm currently still abroad) and both of them felt great.

One of them, scored by FC Tokyo, started with a cross: their main striker, instead of heading the ball towards our goal, headed it back outside the box for a teammate that took the shot from there (a thing that I am almost sure I had never seen before).
The other one, scored by Boca Juniors, was fired from a longer distance but once again I felt like "ooooh, what a beauty".
I was angry with myself for conceding but I was also amazed to see such beautiful goals (at least, they were so in my eyes).

It's great how this game still feels "new" to me at times, still giving me that feeling of amazement, that "I can't believe it happened for real" thought.
It's those moments that make me love PES like I've probably never done before.

Amazing, just amazing.

This is the Boca one, the other one is still undergiong editing:

Many of you would question the keeper's behaviour and it made me angry too at first, but then I realized it looks like he didn't see/expect Bentancur's shot so he couldn't react on time.

...and finally this is the other one: it shows how their striker passed it back twice with a header on purpose, and... Well, I had to include a save from my GK because it was really another of those "oh wow, I can't believe to what I saw" moments:

None of these videos has been recorded on Superstar so maybe that's really the key: on lower difficulty levels the CPU plays in a more varied way and is all in all more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom