NHL Thread

Damn shame but we just missed out on promotion to the Elite division.

Kazakhstan along with Italy will return to the top division for 2012.

Russia after winning the u20 title in superb fashion in Canada's own backyard lost their semifinal disappointingly to Sweden 3-1 and USA overcame Canada in a thriller in the u18 championships.

What is worrying for a former hockey giant is Slovakia. They were bundled out of the elite u18 division by Norway 6-2 in the relegation round.

On the other hand Switzerland and Germany showed impressive progression and potential future stars like Tobias Rieder played very well.

Caps knocked out the Rangers as well with Ovy scoring a lovely deked finish against Lundqvist. :SMUG:

I don't know if you like roller hockey albi but Argentina finished 3rd in Montreaux tournament while Portugal beat Spain to take the first place. :D

I thought you're talking about Argentina when you refer 2011 IIHF World Championship Division I then minutes later I realised you were talking about Great Britain. I didn't even know that Great Britain and Spain have ice hockey teams. I have to go deeper into this.

Back to NHL, as you said the Rangers are done. Finally the Caps took their talents to ice to confirm they are strongly enough to win the Stanley Cup after years of disappointing early exit. I started to like the Rangers thanks to the Knicks broadcaster so it's a bit sad to see them go out in the first round. I hope the Red Wings do well in the West hereafter.

Canucks-Blackhawks must be an interesting display tonight.

Congratulations to Portugual....you must have enjoyed that beating the bigger neighbours. :BOP:

Argentina are very strong in roller hockey indeed amigo.

There is a programme aimed at developing ice hockey based at Ushuaia in the far south of the country and aims to build ice rinks.

Some of the roller hockey players do indeed also play ice hockey.

We in GB have had a hockey team for a lomng long time and in the thirties were one of the strongest teams in the world.

You can find more information on all the divisions of the World Championship at
http://www.iihf.com/en/channels-11/iihf-world-championship-wc11/homeiihf/division-i.html

Hopefully Anismov joins up with Team Russia for the forthcoming WC in Slovakia and home fans must be awaiting news on the Slovakian rocket and one of my favourite players Marian Gaborik now the Rangers are out.

Visnovsky may also join as the Ducks crashed out.

I thought either the Caps or Pens would win it this year so who knows.....

I thought it was a good choice but the Blackhawks have come back from 0-3 and look to have the momentum particularly with the arrival back of Bolland their centre.

crying here..

391969794.jpg

RIP Demitra

I'm gutted with such a tragedy. :SHOCK: Don't follow the KHL but I knew some of those who played in the NHL.

My condolences to the families of the Lokomotiv team.

of all the people in our country, the most greatest, humble and iconic player who was a hero for whole generation including myself had to go..

whole nation is mouring, hockey means everything in our country but this is undeserved..

goodbye Pavol, we will never ever forget :,(

YouTube - Pavol Demitra - rozlúÄka MS 2011

RIP to whole team and our Czech brothers who also had 3 players there :(

What a terrible news. My condolences to all the families affected by this and hope they will get over this tragedy. :(

of all the people in our country, the most greatest, humble and iconic player who was a hero for whole generation including myself had to go..

whole nation is mouring, hockey means everything in our country but this is undeserved..

goodbye Pavol, we will never ever forget :,(

YouTube - Pavol Demitra - rozlúÄka MS 2011

RIP to whole team and our Czech brothers who also had 3 players there :(

sincere condolences to all victims' families :(

RIP! :(

p.s. You guys also heard about a week about the supposed suicide of former Leafs Wade Belak right? :(

Not a good couple weeks for hockey!

some very tragic things happend..maybe you can´t understand how i or my best friends feel but i saw guys crying that i never saw cry before.. he was that type of man who you would want your kids to have as idol, very good family man with big heart..

i´m very very sad since yesterday almost as if someone from family died..

this is web cam from my town with candles burning for Pavol Demitra and all who died..
http://www.michalovce.sk/webcam/index.html?cam=1

this is similar in every city here..

Last edited:
very very sad tragedy i still cant believe that it happened!!
Many stars now will shine in the skies not in the hockey arena!!

A huge loss to our little country Latvia!!

Kārlis Skrastiņs was unique guy every one was saying only good words about him:nice guy, loved his family - doughters, always gave everything to his team!!

Thats our IRON MAN!!

Proud that we have him!!

YouTube - R.I.P Karlis Skrastins 1974.-2011.

Last edited:
Horrible what happened:(. I still can't believe it... Those guys made everything for hockey and now they are gone.
Our country lost three amazing players - Karel Rachunek, Jan Marek and Josef Vasicek. It is really difficult to believe that they won't be here anymore... They were our heroes and because of them we were able to forget on troubles, draw as a country together and be proud to be Czech. It is really sad event. R.I.P. to everyone who died there. Demitra was also amazing guy and player. I still remember matches between us and Slovaks where he was one of the best players. Simply he was our "brat".

Bump this thread just to say that it was hilarious to see Crosby banging Giroux last game. Those teams hate on each other. :LOL:

Hopefully the Rangers can pull a win at Ottawa.

Hahah yeah the two Canadians going at it lol.

I can't believe LA Kings and Flyers lead the series 3-0!! Canucks and Penguins who were the two biggest favourites to win the whole thing are now on verge of elimination.

Luckily as long as NY Rangers and Bruins get past this round, I make good $$ so I've my fingers crossed for tonight with series tied at 1-1 so far.

King Henrik saving NY and Sina's pocket. :D Huge huge exhibition at Ottawa last night resulting in another shutout for the best golie in the NHL.

Oh, it was a really nice day for you my friend as Boston beat the Caps at DC. :D Ovie's bad luck at the PO's seems to continue. :(

I still can't believe the Kings are up by 3 against the Canucks! Major upset in the verge. Hard task for the Pens too. I hope both the Kings and the Flyers don't choke coz it would be nice for the Rangers to see their 2 top opponents down at the early stage. :P

Yeah I still can't believe those two are on verge of elimination and down 3-0 as well.

Don't think Flyers or Kings will choke but it won't be easy.

As for Henrik, yeah man definitely the best goalie this year! Mr. PlayoffS Tim Thomas did well for Bruins too.

I'm one step closer to being $100 richer as they lead 2-1 each now and got important AWAY victories. :)

What a crazy NHL play off it's been.

The two biggest favourites who many thought would meet in the finals are already out. Sydney Crosby, Malkin and the rest of the Penguins are gone as are is the strongest Canadian team in Vancouver Canucks. Luongo might be getting traded with the emergence of Cory Schenider.

Blackhawks are gone too along with the mighty Detroit Red Wings!

Lot of surprises already but I hope there will be NONE tomorrow and the day after as I've money on NY Rangers and Boston Bruins BOTH making it to next round. They've both made things a LOT harder for themselves than people expected and now have an all important 7th game against Senators and Washington Capitals.

I hope the favourites in these two games win and in Tim Thomas (Mr. Playoffs) and King HEnrik we trust!! Let's do this!

Wow, I love the NHL! Unlike other major leagues, in the NHL there are no guarantees. The #8 seed can easily beat the #1 seed and grab the title. Are you imagining the Sixers winning the NBA title? Well, here in the NHL it's very possible that, for instance, the Kings could win it all! :D

So the Rangers grabbed a crucial over the Sens at Ottawa. NY gotta win this one, the Nucks and the Pens are out so we have a big shoot at bringing another title to the city of New York (yeah, the Giants won the SB and we all know that Melo and company are going to win the NBA title! :LOL:).

In other series, I see Boston (Thomas!!) and NJ (in Parise we trust) going through.

I HOPE The Bruins and Rangers make it to next round and they SHOULD as they are big favourites and playing at home for the crucial game 7.

But like you said, NHL makes me VERY nervous! Literally on any given night, ANYTHING can happen! It's been a pain in the ass predicting the results in this sport for our business! :P

And still we're up 7 units which is $700 or $70 for those betting bigger and IF Bruins AND Rangers make it through, we'll have extended our profit to 18 units which is $1800 or $180 for those betting as little as $10 per unit.

So we're doing okay still and after tomorrow can say we've had an even better year but yeah NHL is a BITCH to predict! anything can happen!

Did anyone see the EPIC battle between Capitals and Rangers last night? The New York Rangers won the LONGEST NHL game since 1939 in 3OT.

What an hockey war out there I've witnessed last night lads! Sick game. Thanks God Gaborik scored the goal that finally led me to my bed! :LOL:

PS: btw, I've been looking into getting a Rangers jersey (King Henrik FTW!) but I found it too expensive. Seriously, 160 bucks for a damn hockey jersey? My Godness!

PS2: This is a cheap one although I don't know if it is legit. http://hockeyjerseyspot.com/new-yor...st-dark-blue-premier-third-jersey-p-4136.html

Last edited:
Hahah yeah that was a crazy game!! Rangers struggled to beat Senators and they're now struggling against Capitals but getting the job done so far.

F'n LA Kings are now leading the series 3-0 and are fav to take it all down lol. NHL is crazy!

Mike Smith (Coyotes GK) has been awesome this season. Probably 2nd best after King Henrik!

fuck the rangers, caps in 7!!!! ROCK THE RED BITCHES!!!

Enough is enough! You are proving your own medicine bro. I remember the Blueshirts always struggling to beat the Caps and inevitably fall against you. This is NY time baby! :BOP:

F'n LA Kings are now leading the series 3-0 and are fav to take it all down lol. NHL is crazy!

Mike Smith (Coyotes GK) has been awesome this season. Probably 2nd best after King Henrik!

Favourites? Where? I still think the Rangers are the favs to win it all! :) NY has been solid so far, despite a little struggle against the Sens (they were a very matchup for the Rangers) Nonetheless, more often than not, the key to winning the Stanley Cup is all about having a hot goalie. That's why in the NHL playoffs you'll regularly see lower underdog seeds upset the higher seeds (look at Kings with Quick!) and Lundqvist has pretty much been hot the whole season. Moreover the Rangers happen to be an excellent defensive team with great defensemen also. :P

Talking about goaltenders (why don't they call them goalkeepers just like us?), imo, Jonathan Quick and Havlak also deserve a mention. I would put Quick above the others tbh, guy is the reason LA is taking over! :D

Yup Quick has been great!

Lundqvist #1, Mike Smith #2 I'd say and Quick #3.

Been the best 3 goalies in NHL this year imo. :WORSHIP:

In the meantime, we'll find out if Luongo will go to another team with the emergency of Cory Schneider this year.

And that my friend is why Rangers aren't favourites. It's not even a sure thing they'll get past The Capitals who also eliminated the defending champs Bruins, let alone win it all.

They're generally solid defensively and organized but they don't exactly score at will. They struggled against Senators and are now struggling against Washington even if they get through.

I wish we could have signed Rick Nash! This team needs a scoring threat so badly! I thought Brad Richards would be that threat but isn't having is best season so far (he's still adjusting to NY's game, he'll be better next year) and Gaborik has been off during PO time (fortunately he seems to be back, he's doing well against the Caps).

If NY get past Washington I think they will reach Finals. NJ is a good matchup for this team (Philly has been awful against the Devils so I don't think they will go through).

Btw, Torts said this team isn't Stanley Cup material atm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom