NBA Thread

My ISP says "no" and I can't be bothered with VPN's etc.

Here's another rant, why does the PS3 have the NBA Gametime app but the PS4 doesn't (in the UK and probably the rest of Europe)?

It does if you make a US account on ps4 account which is a kind of lame way around it.

It does if you make a US account on ps4 account which is a kind of lame way around it.

II forgot about that, I have a US account.

Jalen Rose was right about Drummond.

Also ESPN are idiots for killing Grantland.

Last edited:
Porzingis is God.

He's good. KAT will win ROY though. Good start to the season. Crry's Win Share per 48 right now is off the charts. He is breaking basketball. Had a good discussion at b-ball game last Thurs with some guys who were sitting next to us. The topic was peak Shaq or current Curry?

Shaq commanded double teams all the time which allowed his teammates to get open looks. That said, Curry is commanding that same kind of attention except beyond the 3 point line. Curry makes defenders go over the screen on every pick and roll which leads to easy dunks and layups for teammates.

Yup Steph is breaking the game, the space you have to cover on defense is huge and gives the whole offense room to work.

Ethan wrote a nice article about the fear of Steph and how its as important as his numbers itself.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14110312/how-golden-state-warriors-use-fear-stephen-curry-weapon

But Klay game this season is subpar and he is another huge part of that offense because he gives Steph a break, not to mention you kinda of need to cover him close as well, both guys need to be on top of their game for our best basketball to flourish.

Last edited:
Nice article. It's a very long season but if Curry's true skill for shooting three pointers is 50 percent for an entire season then it will be one of the greatest seasons we have ever seen, if not the greatest. I don't think he can sustain this level though. Curry still has a long way to go to match Shaq. Aside from defense and rebounding, the foul trouble Shaq put other teams in was huge.

I released Beal (currently injured AGAIN).

PHX is a mess right now but the coach isn't the problem.

Knight has a tendency to make silly mistakes in the 4th quarter.

I only like Warren, Booker and Len this season.

Booker has been good in the times I have seen. Ok, we are getting close to the ASG break so I`ll give my view on the season so far.

Early NBA finals champ pick is GS or SA. Will defn be an awesome WCF if it happens. However, a key injury could derail either teams championship. Lets hope they both stay healthy and we get an epic series.

Sleepers: OKC has a shot, they have been playing much better as of late. Cavs are in the mix as well. Their weak link is Kyrie Irving's health. Even with Love's defensive issues, Irving missing so many games and being in and out so much hurts them more.

If I can`t catch a full game I usually go here for 9 min game highlights

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9DUGev3HOf1tl1E3XgK-hw

My mid-season Awards

MVP

1. Curry
2. Leonard
3. Westbrook
4. Lebron
5. Draymond Green

All NBA 1st team

Curry
Westbrook
Leonard
Lebron
D.Green

All NBA Defense 1st team

Wall
Leonard
George
Green
Whiteside

Rookie of the Year - Karl Anthony Towns

Side note: LSU freshman Ben Simmons might be the best prospect I have seen since Lebron James. The guy just flat out dominates.

I'd like to wish Hornacek all the best, no doubt he'll go on to bigger and better things.

The Los Angeles Clippers are determined to play out the season with Blake Griffin despite receiving trade calls on his availability.

The Clippers are expected to pursue Kevin Durant in free agency and wouldn't hesitate to trade away Griffin for him.

The Thunder would resist a sign-and-trade deal involving Durant until they're sure he would leave anyway.

Griffin is an Oklahoma native and he would give the Thunder the opportunity to acquire another perennial All-Star.

ADRIAN WOJNAROWSKI/YAHOO! SPORTS

Good deal for OKC if they know Durant is leaving. Better to have something than nothing at all. It took the Toronto Raptors a few years to recover after the Chris Bosh fiasco.

I highly doubt Durant will leave OKC though...it's not like going to LA is a sure hting for a ring anywayz, it'd make more sense to stay and see how the management can build on what they have now...

They have seemed to plateaued and maybe need a change of staff or something like that to get over the hump...

I think he stays as well. The whole playing in a big market thing is overrated in the NBA. If you are a top 10 player in the league you will get prob get a signature shoe deal. Moreover, ppl WILL know who you are. Most guys want to go to a place where they can win. Miami and SA are not big markets. Those are just two examples.

Derek Fisher fired!

Sleeping with Barnes' ex-wife put the nail in the coffin on this guy's fake ass nice/good guy persona. Billions of women in the world and he chooses an ex of his former teammate. Walton or Thibs to NY

Back to back :BOP:

Let's hope the real Warriors win it all again too.

I honestly was afraid this time, my guys weren't performing that well on the last couple of weeks.

But once again I had good bets in the draft, such as KAT, Lillard, even Draymond and LaMarcus, who weren't as good as I expected, but were consistent as hell.

Remember when we used to joke about sauce? "What's the difference between sauce and a cell phone? The cell phone has a ring." Oh man, good old days ahahah

Parabéns ex-pé frio!

Remember when we used to joke about sauce? "What's the difference between sauce and a cell phone? The cell phone has a ring." Oh man, good old days ahahah

Parabéns ex-pé frio!

Its incredible how much I won since then, Warriors won the league and became the best team in basketball, something I might have saw in theory, if everything went perfect, but never actually really believed it. And it happened.

And lets not forget the back to back Brasileirões with Cruzeiro and the Fantasy Basketball.

Feels good to win :PINKS: Its a shame I never got the predicts tho.

Back to back :BOP:

Let's hope the real Warriors win it all again too.

I honestly was afraid this time, my guys weren't performing that well on the last couple of weeks.

But once again I had good bets in the draft, such as KAT, Lillard, even Draymond and LaMarcus, who weren't as good as I expected, but were consistent as hell.

Congrats. You beat me in the final again. I got fucked with Davis being out and the Nets resting Lopez and Young. Not sure it would have made a difference though. See you all in October.

What a final day!!!! Steph Curry make history with 402 3 pointers in the season, and the Warriors make history with a 73-9 season record AND Kobe Bryant said his farewell to a 20 year season with a 60 point final game to come from behind and beat Utah (Most in any final game in NBA History and most points scored by any player this season)

Never been a huge fan of Kobe, but definitely an admirer of his game. Sad to see him retiring and also means the last of the NBA killers are gone. No one in the league now will play with his competitiveness, his killer instinct and fight that in 48mins, he is going to own you in every play possible. In 48mins, there are no friends nor respect for opponents, just the goal of victory. As talented as the NBA is now, no one has that heart and fight as the Greats!

And roll the playoffs this Saturday!! Lots of pressure on GSW as with this season, if they don't win the championship, their seasonal record is for nothing...

Can you think of a better fitting way to end an absolutely outstanding career by setting a 60 point scoring record to come from behind and beat the Jazz in the most Kobe-esque clutch way? I certainly not.

What a cracking perfomance! What an extraordinary career! What a fucking motherfucking player that motherfucker was (can't believe I'm already writing in the past tense)!

Yesterday Kobe was part of a group with DLo, Nick Young, Randle and Clarkson. Today he is part of the group with Kareem, Magic, West and Wilt. Now Kobe Bryant belongs to the ages because heroes come and go but legends live forever.

In the meantime, you'll be missed, man! Farewell Kobe!

‪#‎ThankYouKobe‬ ‪#‎MambaDay‬ ‪#‎MambaOut‬ and all those hashtags I love on Twitter!

50 shots to get 60 points is not my cup of tea but props to the man for going out how he came in. As a gunslinger. I'll always remember Kobe for his epic 1 on 1 battles against Iverson, T-Mac, Wade, and Lebron, his will to win, and his great in-game dunks when he was in his prime. Top 10 player all time for me.

Back
Top Bottom