MMA thread

that's ace, the amount of stars you met and spoke to, would like to meet a few of them myself, think the silva diaz match will be a big one!

Ya, the most interestimg guy I got to talk to wasn't even a fighter though. if you ever get the chance to meet Greg Jackson shoot the shit with him for a bit if he has the time. The guy is so knowledgeable about MMA in the way he analyzes fighters strengths and weaknesses it absolutely blew my mind.

Bisping spoke to me on twitter that's as close as I've got speaking to a fighter :LOL:

The Jon Jones thing is a bit weird, it was a random test with nothing to do with his fight so imo he shouldn't have been tested and should be able to do what the fuck he wants when he aint fighting.

So much ado about nothing for me.

I`m not a twitter guy, but will look at Dana`s page a few times a month. Sometimes the exchanges he has on there with fans can be pretty funny.

UFC Fight Night 59. Main card was meh. Skip everything and go straight to the main.

Conor mauled Siver. Siver didn`t even look like he belonged in there. Looked like a C level fighter last night. At least we get Aldo vs Conor. Aldo should handle him but it won`t be easy

There's Dublin out the window, back to Vegas now Due to all the PPV revenue they would lose.

Looking forward to Seeing Rumble Johnson tonight, he's fighting like a fucking killer again.

He sure is. Would love to a see a stoppage rom either guy in the main today. My head says Alex takes it on points as both guys are really tough. Cro Cop will fight Gonzaga in his return. Winnable fight for Mirko even though he's past his best.

Rumble Johnson, wow!!!

You gotta love a guy with power, gotta be my favourite fighter to watch atm.

That being said Anderson Silva's back on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rumble Johnson, wow!!!

You gotta love a guy with power, gotta be my favourite fighter to watch atm.

That being said Anderson Silva's back on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1. I think Diaz will stand and trade with Anderson. He could knock Anderson out like Weidman or get KOd himself. Looking forward to it.

Like they say styles make fights.

Straight up boxing match this will be, with the 2 of best boxers in the UFC, I cant wait.

Silva win in this for me though unless Diaz plans to try and take it to the ground. Silva's at his best when people come at him and Diaz will do just that, also Silva has knockout power whereas Diaz doesn't imo or he just chooses not to use his power and prefers pitter patter punches in volume.

I love watching these 2 fight so its a bit of a shame its against each other :)

Roll on Sunday!!!!

Last edited:
I think Silva will remind people how good he is. I believe Weidman just had the style, wrestling, and power to dethrone him.

UFC 183 gets a thumbs up from me. All of the fights on the main card delivered. Silva and Diaz did their thing.:)) Didn`t see the prelims so I don`t know if they are worth checking out.

Conor vs Aldo is off. The UFC will lose millions because of this, not to mention all the cash they spent on billboards and promotional things in Vegas. Mendes might be a tougher matchup for Conor since he is a better wrestler/grappler and has good subs. If Conor can keep this fight standing he will win with his reach and powerful strikes. If it goes to the ground Mendes has the advantage. Watch out for the RNC.

Conor has a huge reach advantage and he uses it well. I expect him to beat Mendes.

Also, Rory vs Lawler is on that night. I expect Rory to finally become champ.

I'm not sure if he'll beat Mendes but I want him to. Why? Because it will help grow the sport. Remember, Aldo is one of the worst drawing champions on the roster. Ppl will pay to see Conor win or get his ass kicked. I'll be rooting for Robbie in the other main. I've always liked his style and hope he knocks Rory into next week.

Yeah super dissapointed about that main event being cancelled, MGregor is the only thing which captivates me from UFC recently.

Mendes is now the underdog on the betting lines in Vegas, primarily because of all the Irish fans that placed money on McGregor. Mendes is the smart bet, and best bet I have seen in a long, long time. This is a guy who has dominated everyone he has faced except for Aldo. McGregor looks like he had a really hard cut. If he loses this fight going up to lightweight is a possibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8IZ5p8uJzY

UFC 189 is in the books and boy did it deliver. 10/10. Easily the greatest MMA EVENT of all time, and it had the greatest mma fight I have ever seen. Every fight delivered. It was absolutely insane. This event reminded me why I fell in love with this crazy sport.

What a fantastic main card! All five fights were absolutely amazing.

How about that Conor McGregor?! The dude is one of the best fighters to ever enter the octagon. Fantastic entertainer, technique, heart, power, and athleticism.

What a fantastic main card! All five fights were absolutely amazing.

How about that Conor McGregor?! The dude is one of the best fighters to ever enter the octagon. Fantastic entertainer, technique, heart, power, and athleticism.

Regarding the spoiler:

A bit early to call him one of the best ever, but he's definitely got the entertainment package. Along with the Diaz brothers, there's not too many who I love watching for the entertainment as well as their ability

But yep, superb event and one of the best (if not the best) I can remember seeing.

Regarding the spoiler:

A bit early to call him one of the best ever, but he's definitely got the entertainment package. Along with the Diaz brothers, there's not too many who I love watching for the entertainment as well as their ability

But yep, superb event and one of the best (if not the best) I can remember seeing.

Conor has that aura of greatness around him. Nobody has handled Mendes like that on the feet, not even Jose Aldo. He backed him against the cage, made him stand still, and picked him apart. What's remarkable is, he has done that to everybody he faced in the UFC. The Aldo fight is much more interesting now.

His ground game and wrestling got really exposed though. But looking at the FW division now, he passed the biggest test.

Conor has that aura of greatness around him. Nobody has handled Mendes like that on the feet, not even Jose Aldo. He backed him against the cage, made him stand still, and picked him apart. What's remarkable is, he has done that to everybody he faced in the UFC. The Aldo fight is much more interesting now.

His ground game and wrestling got really exposed though. But looking at the FW division now, he passed the biggest test.

Did you not think it was an unfair fight against Mendes given he only had 2 weeks notice rather than months to train?

It looked like McGregor did well with the body shots but I really got the impression that Mendes just wasn't as fit as he has been.

Back
Top Bottom