FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

I haven't played much of PES 2018 but fifa assisted is really assisted. To a point where you press directly up and you do an angled pass.

In terms of individuality the answer is yes. Just choose napoli and you will see the difference when insigne gets the ball compared to the rest. He is very fast and has excelent dribbling however is finishing is not so great. And then you have mertens who plays nothing like insigne but he finishes from every angle, distance, with both feet and headers.

Lack of individuality is a problem of the past when it comes to fifa. To me at least.

I haven't played much of PES 2018 but fifa assisted is really assisted. To a point where you press directly up and you do an angled pass.

In terms of individuality the answer is yes. Just choose napoli and you will see the difference when insigne gets the ball compared to the rest. He is very fast and has excelent dribbling however is finishing is not so great. And then you have mertens who plays nothing like insigne but he finishes from every angle, distance, with both feet and headers.

Lack of individuality is a problem of the past when it comes to fifa. To me at least.

Ok, cheers for your input. If it's that assisted sadly the individuality you describe won't be enough for me to buy it. :II

You can play semi-assisted and restrict the level of assistance of your opponents online. Unless your playing online competitively don't let this discourage you.

You can play semi-assisted and restrict the level of assistance of your opponents online.
Have you ever managed this successfully in 18? If so, what platform, what mode?

No joke, I've searched at least 70 times now, half the time for a semi-manual game and half the time for a manual game (ten times a day for the last week at LEAST). On Seasons. PS4.

Not found a single game. Open NAT and all that. 25,000 people online in Seasons, on average, and all of them assisted. I'd say I'm shocked, but I'm not that shocked, sadly.

Ultimate Team is horseshit (also, you don't have the option to search for any kind of lower-assisted games there).

Could someone who plays FIFA online give me some info about a couple of things.

First, semi- assisted, is it more/less or the same assisted as Passing assistance 1 is in PES? For online that is, I hate ping pong- passing.

Second, individuality in players and teams, are there differences? This has always been the main thing that have put me off when it comes to FIFA.
Semi-assisted passing in FIFA is MUCH less assisted than Passing Assistance 1 in PES 2018. I use both and Passing Assistance 1 in PES feels fully assisted in comparison. I hate ping-pong passing too.

There is a plenty of individuality in FIFA 18, both in individual players and teams. Things have changed enormously since the old days, thankfully.

No joke, I've searched at least 70 times now, half the time for a semi-manual game and half the time for a manual game (ten times a day for the last week at LEAST). On Seasons. PS4.

Not found a single game. Open NAT and all that. 25,000 people online in Seasons, on average, and all of them assisted. I'd say I'm shocked, but I'm not that shocked, sadly.

Ultimate Team is horseshit (also, you don't have the option to search for any kind of lower-assisted games there).

Really? That's incredible I have to say. Sure, PES in Online divisions is hard as well to get a game against another manual player but you always find one after, at most, 5-7 minutes (I know this is a lot for you kids out there...;)).

I mean, at least SEMI- assisted should have SOME players out there, FIFA I huge mind you. I guess that says something about PES as well, why bother from KONAMI with making PA 1 less assisted if this is how the majority wants to play gaming- football...

I have yet to try this in fifa 18 but you could get games in fifa 17. I'm on ps4 too, I will check this next time I'm online.

Maybe start a gamertag thread?

Semi-assisted passing in FIFA is MUCH less assisted than Passing Assistance 1 in PES 2018. I use both and Passing Assistance 1 in PES feels fully assisted in comparison. I hate ping-pong passing too.

There is a plenty of individuality in FIFA 18, both in individual players and teams. Things have changed enormously since the old days, thankfully.

That’s good for offline players but if what Chris describes is true it won’t matter for us online players...

I have yet to try this in fifa 18 but you could get games in fifa 17. I'm on ps4 too, I will check this next time I'm online.
I managed to get them in 17 too, which makes me wonder if it's a bug or something... But, tried again last night, five searches for a semi game, five searches for a manual game, nothing. (Alternating between a 3* and a 4.5* team, with "any star matching" or whatever it's called switched on.)

Almost a month in as a single player and i haven't touched PES since FIFA was released. With sliders in my opinion it is light years ahead of PES. After last year which was the first time since 08 that in my eyes PES was better/on par with FIFA I thought 18 was going to over take it in terms of gameplay but it hasn't. FIFA this year has been like the sleeping giant, quiet all through the summer whilst PES was going all out promote promote promote and then bang FIFA release a really quality game of football with enough modes to keep the single player happy probably to the WC DLC or whatever it will be arrives.

This year, it had been frustrating. Both games got the base game rather nicely but have minor issues that cannot be unseen/unfelt. I don't get frustrated when a game is broken to begin with. I get frustrated when the game isn't broken but there are minor problems that drives you nuts.

FIFA has so much more variety in shots and finishing in comparison to PES.
Keepers in PES I feel are just too hard to beat at times.
Never liked a FIFA better before in my life, but it's growing on me.

Oh my pro evo..

- Ai is so limited , Konami had no choice so they decided to force AI to spam through balls all of the time , no through ball spam = no goals from AI Lack of good programmers ? Konami is in bad financial condition ? well , nobody will tell you truth.. who knows....

- biggest issue for me is lack of individuality , well , to be honest there is almost zero individuality when it come to players Speed , shooting , passing etc, seems like stats are the same for everybody , just replace your goalkeeper with your CF like Lukaku and you will see no difference at all. You can easly dribble 3 or 4 players with 60 or 90 overall rated player and u will see no difference. this all figures like 90 ,80 ,75 means nothing . It was issue since pes 2013 but who cares :) it reminds me ,,good'' old fifa's when you got 22 clones on pitch. Most funny thing is that Fifa when it comes to individuality is better than Pes . Players speed, passing , ball control does matter :D

- defenders in pes is another story, you can easly(even when you not trying hard) dribble them with anybody 60 rated player. They just letting you do what you want , there is just no reaction :D

Eh there is some good things about pro evo like ball phisics , game speed , body ballance but who cares if pes looks like budget game ? I just cant play more then one game every day , game is so predictable and boring. i wonder , how konami is not ashamed to release such a kind of thing like Master league ? its 2018 , not 2006. Well , its amazing but fifa is better when it comes to player individuality , variety of goals. can you believe ? , its wasnt possible in past years. Fifa is still too fast(sliders help a lot) but overall gameplay , career mode , premier league athmosphere and many small touches makes fifa better game.

sorry for my engilish ;)
-

Last edited:
I saw a video yesterday on Twitter were he used the GK dribbled around 3 attackers then passed it via a one two ..he then received the pass back in the box on the keepers chest and half volleyed into the net..absoultely ridiculous

I saw a video yesterday on Twitter were he used the GK dribbled around 3 attackers then passed it via a one two ..he then received the pass back in the box on the keepers chest and half volleyed into the net..absoultely ridiculous

I think they have thrown stats out of the window.

I've played about 20+ games manual seasons. Usually find a game within a couple of mins.

I only change controls, not the team levels.

Oh my, I wish I could do that.

What platform?
Even on PC in FIFA 15 (last one I played much) I could search for manual games and not have to wait too long. I think pretty much nobody searches for semi-assisted, but enough should be playing manual to get a game especially at peak times on PS4...

Soooooo, a good couple months in - what's the word for single player fans? Is either worth picking up this year? Deliberately didn't jump right in as I wanted to give time for the new iteration euphoria to subside - anyone loving it?

PES with patches? FIFA with sliders? Which is the better single-player experience?

(apologies for being lazy, but value folks on here opinions far more than online reviews etc)

At the current state superstar difficulty you will meet ai that play quick accurate one touch pass including using backheel, that's pes 2018 i must admit worst issue i think in terms of gameplay. We'll see whether patch coming this month can reduce that.
But hey it's so cheap now the pc version $25 on cdkeys.

As of Fifa, i don't see big issues in gameplay apart from gameplay speed and the game/animation mechanic itself.

I do prefer pes though.. much more enjoyable football game on the pitch.

Soooooo, a good couple months in - what's the word for single player fans? Is either worth picking up this year? Deliberately didn't jump right in as I wanted to give time for the new iteration euphoria to subside - anyone loving it?

PES with patches? FIFA with sliders? Which is the better single-player experience?

(apologies for being lazy, but value folks on here opinions far more than online reviews etc)
For me, PES isn't fun, or realistic, and it's not as good as last year's game. Every team I've played repeats the same patterns - particularly the bastard lofted-through-balls. When it's not that, it's first-time ping-pong backheel not-football (I'm not that frustrated by the lack of fouls etc. but I just can't bear the AI, and online people take advantage of the passing model). Plus, attributes mean less now than they ever have.

However, a gameplay patch is on the way, and I've got big hopes for it. (Out of desperation - because it's the first PES since 2014 I really don't like, and I'm hoping they can turn it around.)

FIFA, for me, feels like a step backwards from an AI perspective - they do play with more variety, but somewhat paradoxically they all seem to want to get the ball to the striker ASAP most of the time. Unfortunately, it's on purpose, too.

But I still play it, because I've had some great games on it (and some terrible ones too), and the latest patch has helped a little - whereas PES, I just haven't enjoyed it at all. I've had more fun installing option files than playing it.

PES hasn't changed since release so check out the video review in my sig...!

Last edited:
at the moment i think fifa is better choice when it comes to single player . Pes 2018 is no more fun to play , personaly ,biggest issue is individuality , there is almost zero individuality , speed , passing or shooting are the same for 60 rater player and 90 rater player , just different animation. Fifa AI is better , i am pes player but when it comes to pes 18 i will get bored after one match , in fifa carrer mode i will player 3,4 games then i will stop for couple of hours. Pes 18 AI is so predictable and boring to play against. I play pes 5 sometimes and there is still feeling ,,one more match''

Last edited:
Clear choice of FIFA for me this year. PES 2018, while graphically outstanding, was a disappointment from gameplay perspective, as hard as it is to admit this, being a PES fan for many years. FIFA18, while not perfect, with Matt10 sliders, capped FPS to 30 (on PC) and Fidel's broadcast camera tool (on PC too), plays a solid football simulation, as much as it's possible for a video game. One of the best FIFA's ever for me.

This will be sort of a follow-up to this other post of mine

I've been playing FIFA 18 for 3 days in a row, about 10 matches of 20 minutes a day.
Trying different gameplay mods, DBs, squads files, etc. Really enjoying it. 4K TV made every bit of difference for me.

I forgot about PES during this 3 days. Didn't even play it on the TV because I was having problems setting it up to make everything work smoothly between my GFX card, Monitor and TV. And when I got it right I tried FIFA first and stuck with it.

Yesterday after hours of playing FIFA, right before going to sleep (about 2.15 AM....... having to get up at 7.30 for work), I thought to myself "Hey now that I got the TV working smoothly with the PC, let's try PES on this set up" and boy did it look good! And most importantly, FELT good!.

Right now I can't decide which game I like the most.
I would give an arm to be able to sort of... overlap the best of both games (well, not really an arm! Otherwise I wouldn't be able to play the best game in the history of games).

Of course PES out of the box is kind of garbage, but once you install a good option file, and tweak all teams to be less stretched, more compact, in order to force more battle for midfield as opposed to straight passes to the wingers who are very much always free, it becomes a GREAT game, with spectacular graphics, VERY nice animations and some exciting matches.

On the other hand you have this giant monster which also looks very good nontheless (specially in day time matches IMHO), even if not as good as PES (again, my personal opinion) but it still sums up everything you'd want from a football game. And with the Modding Community finally breaking through the (fucking) Frostbite engine, nobody knows the things that could be achieved in FIFA in the future. Sky's the limit. Because all the basis have been layed properly. So the few things that most of us don't like about it are tweakable. We don't even need EA for that. We just need to find the right files and values and boom... FIFA 18 can become an epic game.

Unfortunately in this case, PES loses. Because we do need Konami to fix their annoyances. The community can only help up to a certain point.

So at the risk of repeating myself:
I can't decide which game I like the most. And you know what? I don't even need to! That's the beauty of owning both games and not being a fanboy.

I really enjoyed pes 17 and didn't touch fifa the 17. This year is completely the opposite. I still own pes naively thinking all the issues are going to be sorted in November but it's so much a mess on single player that it's very unlikely. PES has taken 2 steps backwards this year where as FIFA has leaped forward imo.

I don't know how some people enjoyed PES 17 but don't enjoy PES 18. I mean, leaving the fouls and player switching aside for a moment (which are supposed to be corrected in the upcoming patch), the rest of the issues were there in 17 as well. The gap between midfield and defence, the repeatitive long balls from the AI, even the little-to-no amount of fouls was there in PES 2017. And PES 2018 has the same issues, but it also has tons of new great additions, better animations, better ball physics, better graphics, etc.

Thanks for the feedback! Am thinking it'll be a FIFA year...will be interested to see if they've made any advancements since 16 which I liked.

I don't know how some people enjoyed PES 17 but don't enjoy PES 18. I mean, leaving the fouls and player switching aside for a moment (which are supposed to be corrected in the upcoming patch), the rest of the issues were there in 17 as well. The gap between midfield and defence, the repeatitive long balls from the AI, even the little-to-no amount of fouls was there in PES 2017. And PES 2018 has the same issues, but it also has tons of new great additions, better animations, better ball physics, better graphics, etc.
for me it was probably because I disliked fifa 17 that much I went back to pes. If 18 would have been around I might not have played ped 17 because the same issues were there In 18 though the scripting has been notched up another level. The last game I played which i didn't finish in career mode went something like AI gets ball in midfield , perfect 25 yard pass forward, flick On, backheel, backheel , flick on , goal ..and that was a championship game ..total nonsense

Back
Top Bottom