FIFA and corruption

And the progressive nature of FIFA shines through.....

- Manual baloting, so it takes about 2 hours for delegates to walk up one by one
- votes are in, 133 septic sepp, 73 for ali, but with fifa logic/rules everyone has to vote again.....so another 2 hours of this bullshit!

And the result is a crook in charge for another 4? years of standing still.

I don't like the idea of a breakaway competition, one of the great things about a World Cup is you see the best teams and the best players* in a big competition with each other, you get to see different styles and concepts and while it perhaps isn't as true as in the pre-internet age, you still get pleasantly surprised by teams (Costa Rica, Colombia etc).

i completely agree with u. getting the chance to watch something fresh and different from what we usually watch is one of the most appealing aspects of a world cup, and i would have very little interest in a world cup without any real susprise (such as colombia and costa rica were last year).....
... but as jamezinho pointed out, even just the mere threat of a breakaway (assuming it would be felt as a serious threat and not an empty one) could be a very powerful leverage.

however, like u, i doubt many federations would show such determination and balls to really follow through.
take italy for instance; the italian federation clearely stated they're not gonna vote for blatter, but splitting up would be a whole different thing and i'm not sure they would go for it.... even if the the hypothetical breakaway party would get some serious traction.

on a different note, in a corruption world cup, the azzurri would easily secure a semi-final spot for themselves..... at the very least! :((

on a different note, in a corruption world cup, the azzurri would easily secure a semi-final spot for themselves..... at the very least! :((

I have to say I think you are being hard on yourself there. I lived in Italy for a few years, is there corruption there? Well yes there is and, as much as I hate to say it, it is more prevalent in some regions of Italy than others. But I've also lived in other countries like England and France and there is corruption there, but it is in some ways more hidden. Is Italy more corrupt (and generally less upstanding) than other countries? I'm not so sure. The UK defense industry wouldn't exist without corruption and much of the UK's "International Aid" is in fact government sponsored sweeteners to get foreign firms/governments to by British products. I've already mentioned the Yamamah deal - it was staggering in scale and the fact the investigation into it was curtailed by Blair (the then PM) in the interests of "National Security" says it all. Look at the way he also courted Libya in 2000s. Even last night there was a respected program (BBC Panorama) which detailed how the state security services "protected" (and in some cases) encouraged murders during the troubles in Northern Ireland. There are countless other examples, the other day the mayor of a London borough got kicked out for corrupting the mayoral elections, in the last general election one of the candidates was left off (missing) from hundreds of the ballot papers. Elements of the police are corrupt (look at the way they took money from the media during phone hacking), elements of the police are racist (look at Steven Lauwrence), a lot of politicians are corrupt (look at the expense scandal or google Neil Hamilton). It's easy to believe (especially for those in Anglo Saxon countries) that you live in a fair corrupt free country, but once you scratch the surface you will see it's there.

CONGRATULATION BLATTER for winning 5th team, massive hero!:WORSHIP:

na for real when FBI gonna drop this fool off at guantanamo bay?

The major countries need to come together and grow some balls.

Even if we miss a world cup, fuck it FIfa and blatter need to be taken out and reformed.

Just discovered that Platini's son works in Qatar.

So the only hope we got is the USA justice.

O6hqoYp.jpg

Why Now???? May 2016 - elections. This won't stop America from arresting ... They love jailing rich folks .

I was hoping for Blatter to say 'FIFA Go! Let go FIFA! Arrogant prick.

Last edited:
After Indicting 14 Soccer Officials, U.S. Vows to End Graft in FIFA

They can careless about the sport,but stopping corruption in sake of a hero like applauds . USA has been hated (world-wide)for awhile they need to do something to win the love .

They must have something on him and gave him the option of stepping down instead of smashing him down.

Thank fuck, hopefully they get rid of all of the shitty people and fully turn Fifa around.

NOOOOO BLATTER MAN!! WHY RESIGNING :(

can FBI take down greg dyke next? he's not corrupt (i think) but his ideas are shit and hes a cunt.

finally!!! Though I have to say he still remains in power until 2016 march or may before they can vote for a new guy is more than enough time for him to do stuff to protect himself...

Will this mean Qatar get changed?? stop the slaves from dying? I think it's too late to change Russia now...

It's a good thing that he stepped down in the end, but isn't it hallucinating that he still went for office last Friday and was elected.

One might wonder how much money was wasted on this...

One can only hope that he will be succeded by somebody who cleans up the mess, but i'm not sure about that...

And yes let's hope that thios Qatar madness stops (i don't think so).

Who's next?

UEFA?

One might wonder WHO pressured Blatter and what they used as leverage to force him to step down like that, after less than a week of being re-elected. Was it the FBI or was it some kind of powerful group of ("businessmen"???) people, oddly enough more powerful than him.

That is pretty Obvious.
Blatter saw reason after it became clear that his right hand Valcke used FIFA money to bribe Jack Warner.

It's a good thing that he stepped down in the end, but isn't it hallucinating that he still went for office last Friday and was elected.

One might wonder how much money was wasted on this...

One can only hope that he will be succeded by somebody who cleans up the mess, but i'm not sure about that...

And yes let's hope that thios Qatar madness stops (i don't think so).

Who's next?

UEFA?

I got the impression that he wanted to make sure one of his cronies got the job. Apparently he is keen on a guy from Kuwait to take over from him, member of the OPEC and IOC.

Blatter needs to set fire to his office, then himself.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some suicides over the next few weeks.

I was reading about one of them(officials)Chuck Blazer -having a luxury hotel in lower Manhattan , Trump Towers for his cat only ($4k a month) !!! FIFA should help world hunger and such...another 86yrs old is in Paraguay whose been in office since 1986 .

Chuck Blazer the drunk looking Santa Clause looking dude. Is opening all sorts of dealings from France WC'98 to S.Africa '10 and Gold Cup to the U.S. with all the corruption I haven`t heard any officials (ref) influences of matches.
here the link . http://bigstory.ap.org/article/9167...utive-committee-member-blazer-admitted-bribes

Last edited:
Chuck Blazer said:
I and others on the Fifa executive committee agreed to accept bribes in conjunction with the selection of South Africa as the host nation for the 2010 World Cup. During my association with Fifa and Concacaf, among other things, I and others agreed that I or a co-conspirator would commit at least two acts of racketeering activity. Among other things, I agreed with other persons in or around 1992 to facilitate the acceptance of a bribe in conjunction with the selection of the host nation for the 1998 World Cup.

“Beginning in or about 1993 and continuing through the early 2000s, I and others agreed to accept bribes and kickbacks in conjunction with the broadcast and other rights to the 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2003 Gold Cups. Beginning in or around 2004 and continuing through 2011, I and others on the Fifa executive committee agreed to accept bribes in conjunction with the selection of South Africa as the host nation for the 2010 World Cup. Among other things, my actions above had common participants and results.

“Between April of 2004 and May 2011, I and others who were fiduciaries to both Fifa and Concacaf, in contravention of our duties, I and others, while acting in our official capacities, agreed to participate in a scheme to defraud Fifa and Concacaf to the right to honest services by taking undisclosed bribes. I and others agreed to use e-mail, telephone and a wire transfer into and out of the United States in furtherance of the scheme. Funds procured through these improper payments passed through JFK Airport in the form of a check.

“Between December 2008 and May 2011, I and others agreed to and transmitted funds by wire transfer and cheques from places within the United States to places in the Caribbean, and from places in the Caribbean to places in the United States. I agreed to and took these actions to, among other things, promote and conceal my receipt of bribes and kickbacks. I knew that the funds involved were the proceeds of an unlawful bribe, and I and others used wires, e-mails and telephone to effectuate payment of and conceal the nature of the bribe. Funds procured through these improper payments passed through JFK airport in the form of a check.

“Between 2005 and 2010, while a resident of New York, New York, I knowingly and willfully failed to file an income tax return and failed to pay income taxes. In this way, I intentionally concealed my true income from the IRS, thereby defrauding the IRS of income tax owed. I knew that my actions were wrong at the time.”

snitches get stitches lol.
So , basically the FIFA came down by the IRS! Didn`t he watch Al Capone and all other Mafia bosses got caught by IRS-not paying their taxes !

Just discovered that Platini's son works in Qatar.

So the only hope we got is the USA justice.

Sorry for being cynical, but I don't believe these 2 words can be used together in the same sentence :)

There's always a materialistic motive.

I got the impression that he wanted to make sure one of his cronies got the job. Apparently he is keen on a guy from Kuwait to take over from him, member of the OPEC and IOC.

I second this as well. Not necessarily the Kuwaiti, but surely one of his cronies with him in the shadows.

Last edited:
Well Lami, in the end Lance Armstrong also fell because of the USA justice and he was something of a national hero...

I already saw him as governor of Texas and perhaps even one of the future presidents of the USA...

U.S. Justice gets you in the end , they even impeach president Clinton for lying about having sex !!! The justice is blind they say. I didn't know is was stupid too.

Well Lami, in the end Lance Armstrong also fell because of the USA justice and he was something of a national hero...

I already saw him as governor of Texas and perhaps even one of the future presidents of the USA...

I'm just a bit too cynical about their justice system after all the stories I've read and heard. But if all this is true and pure, with no underworldly motive, I'd be very happy and all for it.

Back
Top Bottom