FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

well there is a fifa&pes contrast and compare thread
I don't get why ppl still go to a fifa or pes thread to say one is better than another
and it looks biased to say something like light year ahead
for example if you say pes is better than fifa, you can say it in pes thread or the compare thread
here most ppl probably prefer fifa than pes thats why they are in the fifa thread, you don't need to talk bad about the game by saying another is better, it may become annoying
same as opposite, I don't think ppl in pes thread would like to see a fifa player go to pes thread just saying fifa is light year ahead blah blah blah

You are right, I apologize for posting in the FIFA thread. Sometimes I don't even pay attention to which Sub-forum I'm posting in. I just get carried away.

I still mean every word I said. If you didn't like the term "light years ahead", that's ok. That might have been a little exaggerated but it is ahead, to say the least.

its very different to pro evo dribbling but i use this method and it works:
also shielding is very important , if you dont do this ...sorry but you have to lose a ball

Last edited:
also shielding is very important , if you dont do this ...sorry but you have to lose a ball

No, that won't work. He's using it against other human players.
I've tried this and every other possible combination and the AI will ALWAYS dispossess you.

Playing against the AI makes dribbling a useless weapon. Playing against other human players it's a whole different thing.

Getting frustrated at this game now. This is such a turn off.

You and Chris need to make a video, would be enjoyable :)

In all seriousness, yes, the ball to foot ratio is much more significant now. The CPU hones in very accurately to the ball. It's something I'm looking into, but nothing to report yet.

Hi all. We updated our OS sliders to Version 3. Hope you guys try it out and enjoy!

FIFA 18 Operation Sports Sliders | Version 3
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed
as of 10/14/17

Sprint Speed - 51/50 - The idea of a slight increase for the user is so the user is not constantly barged off the ball by the CPU. Also allows the user players to react better to loose balls, etc. Increases good chance of physicality as well.

Acceleration - 50/50 - Has been no reason to change this value as it is continuing to be solid.

Shot Error - 52/52 - Good mix of efforts from distance, shots on target, and wayward shots. Adjust as necessary, and minutes chosen.

Pass Error - 55/55 - Solid balance here of bad passes, good passes, driven passes and varied crossing. Best part is that the pass values do not affect variety.

Shot Speed - 50/50 - Happy with this value as lower will look too floaty, and higher will be a bit of a rocket. Shot error has a role to play as well.

Pass Speed - 45/30 - One of the elements to get the game playing on an even level playing field. The user's defense is just too passive by default, unlike the CPU defense which is ultra aware and react well. Lowering the CPU's pass speed allows the user's defenders to react to the ball much better, and with the adjustment to the length below it lets everything come together nicely. Remember, the driven pass is still used by the CPU, so if the value is at 30, a driven pass can look like a true 50.

Injury Frequency - 50/50 - Still being looked at, no set value just yet.

Injury Severity - 50/50 - Same as above, still being looked and no set value yet.

GK Ability - 42/42 - No real complaints here. It has room to go lower, but too low and the GK will duck below shots when he should be staying upright.

Marking - 50/50 - Happy to be able to move this up for the user from the previous 40 value. With the adjustments to the lines, the even marking now lets the CTT's to take place and bring in a bit more individuality from a defensive point of view. The CPU's auto-passing is lessened, so the user's defense has a fighting chance in the defensive third instead of being dominated constantly.

Run Frequency - 50/50 - Does what it should, and is still a bit strange to have it this high. Lowering will sometimes cause more tiki-taka rather than a more controlled approach, so higher pass % that way. As Orion always says, keeping it closer to default does allow the CTT's to stick out a bit more, so we'll go with that unless things go awry.

Height - 52/50 - Gives the user just a slight bump in their defensive presence. The CPU plays like they're on a 60 height because of how well they react to the ball, so again we need to balance things here.

Length - 50/50 - Love this change. Oddly enough it's a basic one, but we've been all over the map, and the concept is simple. Lowering the value under 50 seems to promote more passive play by the User's teammate AI. The thinking here is that the defensive line places a priority for the midfielders to go mark the forwards. So once the forwards get past the midfield, like they do on lower lengths, the midfielders are dropping into the position of the defenders, so the as a result - the defenders don't have a big emphasis to do anything. With the length increase, we now see an increase in attention and reaction. In addition, the increased length lets the players to "meet" and thus create more physicality. More players in the passing lanes is always a catalyst for more variety as well.

Width - 48/48 - Have kept this value for a bit. Don't want to go too wide because then it takes players out of those passing lanes, and the CPU will just pass the ball forward as quick as possible.

FB Positioning - 50/50 - One of those values that is a bit temperamental, and can affect the value of run frequency. Would be a bit of a balancing act, and the CTT's seem to control the way teams attack anyways, so no need to look into this area too far.

FT Control - 55/55 - Good balance of bad touches, touches under pressure and with the user's Sprint at 51, it allows the user to have a fighting chance in 50/50 challenges. Can see some great tussles and physicality as a result.

Been playing with these again tonight, and really enjoying them. I really liked them when they first were posted, can't remember why I dropped them, probably went on to the "next" slider set at some point. Semi pass on legendary, slow. Try it if you're sick of the game, maybe you'll enjoy. :)

Been playing with these again tonight, and really enjoying them. I really liked them when they first were posted, can't remember why I dropped them, probably went on to the "next" slider set at some point. Semi pass on legendary, slow. Try it if you're sick of the game, maybe you'll enjoy. :)

I still use these sliders. Best IMO.

Like Chuny said, this is against other Humans, dribbling against other humans is incredibly easy.

This year against the AI it is very difficult, and since the invention of the magnetic super shoulder barge this year it is now impossible to dribble past the CPU.

I started enjoying the game a little bit when I switched to Legendary, but now I am finding it really dull and frustrating again, hard fast low passing, super shoulder barge, inability to tackle the CPU, constant having to jockey and hope for the best.

FIFA 18, is for me the without doubt the least enjoyable FIFA I have played since the PS2 days, when PES was king.

I prefer professional level now and give them a slider boost ..very enjoyable game ..the patch made it harder imo although I don't play everyday

Like Chuny said, this is against other Humans, dribbling against other humans is incredibly easy.

This year against the AI it is very difficult, and since the invention of the magnetic super shoulder barge this year it is now impossible to dribble past the CPU.

I started enjoying the game a little bit when I switched to Legendary, but now I am finding it really dull and frustrating again, hard fast low passing, super shoulder barge, inability to tackle the CPU, constant having to jockey and hope for the best.

FIFA 18, is for me the without doubt the least enjoyable FIFA I have played since the PS2 days, when PES was king.

FIFA 16 have everything right that FIFA 18 had wrong and FIFA 18 have everything right that FIFA 16 had wrong. EA is definitely capable of making a proper footie game but clearly aren't planning to do so.

FIFA 16 have everything right that FIFA 18 had wrong and FIFA 18 have everything right that FIFA 16 had wrong. EA is definitely capable of making a proper footie game but clearly aren't planning to do so.

Fifa 16 is still the best and most realistic Fifa till today.With Matt's sliders and low speed it was very good,more smooth and more fluid than this magnetic clunky 18 bullshit,the ball size was great not ugly small like now and it was moddable and you could add litterally tons of additions.I've said it before,Frostbite ruined this game,they should have stayed with Ignite which had great potential and improve it furthermore.Too bad some fucking hacker hacked my origin and i cant play it anymore and also it's the only Fifa that hasn't been cracked lol.Maybe i'll buy it again because it's cheap now.For the moment i play pes18 which is great and even better for me.F@ck you EA!!:BLEH::PP

Fifa 16 is still the best and most realistic Fifa till today.With Matt's sliders and low speed it was very good,more smooth and more fluid than this magnetic clunky 18 bullshit,the ball size was great not ugly small like now and it was moddable and you could add litterally tons of additions.I've said it before,Frostbite ruined this game,they should have stayed with Ignite which had great potential and improve it furthermore.Too bad some fucking hacker hacked my origin and i cant play it anymore and also it's the only Fifa that hasn't been cracked lol.Maybe i'll buy it again because it's cheap now.For the moment i play pes18 which is great and even better for me.F@ck you EA!!:BLEH::PP

Sorry to hear you were hacked. BTW I wonder why will you buy it again, whilst you can report it to EA, and then you can retrieve your precious games all?
It seems to me as if you got banned due to using pirates, rather than were hacked. Sorry if not.

When we adjust sliders it's out of necessity. 1.04 and 1.05 just approached the game differently. Sometimes you'll see these title updates go backwards, and I too have been hoping for them to return to 1.03 level.

Intrigued to pull them back up and see how we can blend the sliders together. I don't think the current ones are off the mark, but they were created for 1.04, before 1.5 dropped of course.

Sorry to hear you were hacked. BTW I wonder why will you buy it again, whilst you can report it to EA, and then you can retrieve your precious games all?
It seems to me as if you got banned due to using pirates, rather than were hacked. Sorry if not.
But i wasn't using any pirates,i had bought the original game.It was a hacker issue because i googled it and saw many people had the same problem.It's EA's problem that they can't protect their customers.On Steam for example there's no such issues.Anyway it's been a long time now so i left it behind and i play pes18 now which i like a lot.If i want to buy fifa 16 again it's like 6-7 euros now on cd keys so it's not a problem,maybe i will.

This is Hazard being pulled by an imaginary force whilst trying to cut-back. Suddenly Hazard is slow-mo.

source.gif

When we adjust sliders it's out of necessity. 1.04 and 1.05 just approached the game differently. Sometimes you'll see these title updates go backwards, and I too have been hoping for them to return to 1.03 level.

Intrigued to pull them back up and see how we can blend the sliders together. I don't think the current ones are off the mark, but they were created for 1.04, before 1.5 dropped of course.

Yeah, I understand. I don't think it plays too differently in this version from the 103 version though, but I don't think I pay as much attention to details as you guys perhaps. One thing I haven't noticed since updating to 105 is the sudden speed increase - it seems to be gone, well over 10 matches in. Which is really a blessing!

Played a league cup match against scunthorpe and got three penalties last night! Won 4-0 and bossed them with Tottenham's second string.

Try version 3 of the sliders, maybe you'll find you like it. Perhaps some adjustments were made in 105 to go back to where 103 was or something. I'm really enjoying it anyway. :)

Topaz : did you reported this bug ? Ea must to know this otherwise they will not fix it.
It's not so much a bug as EA's way of interpreting attributes in the new FIFA games (the last two in-particular). It's not something they can just "fix" without changing the whole engine.

Topaz : did you reported this bug ? Ea must to know this otherwise they will not fix it.

I think they won't fix it regardless, because that's the only way EA could balance the game. Otherwise, because of how the game is set up, great dribblers and speedsters would just be unstoppable and would make the game unbalanced.

So, for example, Konami's fix for this is, usually, to add catch-up bug. EA, adds this little strange magnetic forces that look very subtle and unless you're willing to watch the replay in order to find out what he hell just happened, you end up thinking it was fair or that you just bad-timed the move.

I think they won't fix it regardless, because that's the only way EA could balance the game. Otherwise, because of how the game is set up, great dribblers and speedsters would just be unstoppable and would make the game unbalanced.

So, for example, Konami's fix for this is, usually, to add catch-up bug. EA, adds this little strange magnetic forces that look very subtle and unless you're willing to watch the replay in order to find out what he hell just happened, you end up thinking it was fair or that you just bad-timed the move.
Dribblers and speedsters already ARE unstoppable! Especially with Tactical Defending and Online Head to Head Seasons.... Sick of it now. I have got rid of FIFA 18.

This is Hazard being pulled by an imaginary force whilst trying to cut-back. Suddenly Hazard is slow-mo.

source.gif
I understand what are you talking about, for me trying to make game more physical need more animations and get the ball from opponent with shielding is really difficult in these situations BUT animation wise it`s not wrong, you can`t make 90 degrees dribling in full speed and don`t lose from your acceleration, no one player can do that in real life...

you are right guys but at least we should try to report this issue , if they can not fix 100% of this magnetic crap ... is ok but at least they will reduce a little bit and it will be still fine for us. We dont want same story like in pes where all players got same speed and other stats. People didnt complain about that so Konami dont give s.... since 2014.

I understand what are you talking about, for me trying to make game more physical need more animations and get the ball from opponent with shielding is really difficult in these situations BUT animation wise it`s not wrong, you can`t make 90 degrees dribling in full speed and don`t lose from your acceleration, no one player can do that in real life...

Hazard in real life:
hazardvsarsenal.gif

Hazard in FIFA 18:
source.gif

Alright guys, I got Fifa bundled with my PS Pro, time to check it out. Can you recommend settings for someone used to Top Player and zero assist passing in PES?

They don't care about single player. Look at FIFA's single player - it's still laughably bad, with and without sliders. It doesn't represent football in any way, shape or form.

FIFA 18 plays nothing like real football. To even suggest it is laughable.

EA need to scrap this damn awful Frosty Engine and get back to basics. Game is a mess.

Still trolling I see!

Back
Top Bottom