FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Haven't played in a while. How has all these patches changed the game offline?

I hadn't played for a few weeks either up until today. Fired the game up with latest patch. Back to default sliders on legendary, all assisted, but set match time to 8 mins (10 min matches produced too many goals). I've only set first touch control to 60, to slow the game down a bit. It plays a good game of football. Won 3-2 at Arsenal (as Spurs), won 4-1 away to Newcastle, drew 2-2 at home to Chelsea, beat West Brom 2-0 at home, and Swindon 3-1 away (with my reserves). All very enjoyable games. It's still too easy to string passes together on assisted, but too difficult on semi or manual(on legendary), in my opinion.

I can only wonder how good this game would've been if player stats mattered more (especially passing). It's a mystery why they don't at least make the offline experience depend more on stats.

Okay I am having a major game breaking issue. For some reason, top/world class teams does not perform at all but midtable and lower-rated teams are the hardest to play against. Look at this: This is on Legendary.

Easily beat Man City who is at the top of the league

07b65e9b9b73c154c87d38bec7fdc2a4.jpg

Got beaten by Southampton who is on the 13th of the league:
3f32a6742bbe7fbcad01442d41daa868.png

Any fix for this?

i think this happens againts big teams because when you score a goal againts them(leading) ex:1-0,"they" dont want to lose and are going all attack,and as you can see they wer eplaying "home" and more like dont want to lose home game something like juventus,when they are down 1-0 or 1-2 they always go all attack when they are playing home because they dont want to lose home

Okay I am having a major game breaking issue. For some reason, top/world class teams does not perform at all but midtable and lower-rated teams are the hardest to play against. Look at this: This is on Legendary.

Easily beat Man City who is at the top of the league

07b65e9b9b73c154c87d38bec7fdc2a4.jpg

Got beaten by Southampton who is on the 13th of the league:
3f32a6742bbe7fbcad01442d41daa868.png

Any fix for this?

And Penaranda got 10.0! :CONFUSE:

I don't recall seeing that last year, or the year before - really annoys me too, because I'm sure it's another gameplay sacrifice for the sake of graphics.

What's even worse is the fact that it doesn't take stats into account either. It's basically a trigger whenever I take a bad touch. On that gif, it was a striker that took the ball from me. Dribbling is no fun due to this and 100 other issues.

I am really glad it isn't just me who has noticed the super teleport tackle the CPU does.
It is something that has annoyed me since day 1, although it is not so prominent in Legendary as WC, it is still incredibly annoying.

Tackling has been broken since release, I said from a few games that it seems to be down to block tackling doesn't really work anymore.
I have just changed the way I defend on FIFA this year, I find that you now have to be more patient when defending and now try to intercept the passing and a lot of jockeying, a lot of jockeying to stop crosses and vital passes being completed.

Overall I have now adapted my game enough so that I win the majority of games and now enjoying it, but I still believe there is a few issues with the gameplay which need improving, and then FIFA would be a decent enjoyable game.

Tackling has been broken since release, I said from a few games that it seems to be down to block tackling doesn't really work anymore.
I have just changed the way I defend on FIFA this year, I find that you now have to be more patient when defending and now try to intercept the passing and a lot of jockeying, a lot of jockeying to stop crosses and vital passes being completed.
Absolutely hate the defending. Started playing a career mode with a friend on Legendary and there's a lot to love, but I just don't understand how defending is supposed to work.

I got rid of FIFA 18 last week because of the Defending. Its an absolute JOKE! Especially online where every match I can't do fuck all to stop people using pace and power to run through my back 4.

What's the point in posting that..disregarding multi player as I don't play it the single player game in many people's opinion is superb..trying not to compare but it's light years ahead of PES this year and any other year. If it's not for you then that's ok but to label it just shite is just rubbish

I've been giving the FIFA18 demo a try. I think the last time I played FIFA was the 15 demo.

I wasn't expecting much, but I've been quite enjoying it. More than I expected. Playing on Legendary with Manual shooting, Semi everything else, as Atleti away in the Madrid derby, is a serious challenge.

With non-assisted passing I'm finding you really have to pay attention to the motion of the intended recipient. There's a lot involved in timing the release and angle of your pass to meet the direction of the teammate's movement, or he won't be able to re-adjust and the defender will get there first. It makes you pick your passes very carefully.

Defending has been my only big issue. On Tactical Defending, you're so hamstrung by the controls. Jockey is not empowered enough, it's simply too slow and sluggish to keep up with CPU dribblers 1v1, and tackling is so weak. It doesn't matter how intelligently you try to defend, retaining shape and anticipating passing lanes etc, if movement isn't responsive enough to allow you to physically put your player where you need him to be.

I've been enjoying it far more since switching to Legacy Defending, while being very disciplined about when and where I use it. I basically only allow use of the pressure button within 25 yards of my own goal, because there comes a point, when the CPU is twisting and turning on the edge of your area, that you realistically *have* to engage the dribbler or charge down a shot attempt - and you cannot respond quickly/precisely enough without the assist of legacy pressure.

I had a run of a few fun matches tonight and considered maybe buying the game, until I looked at the price on Origin. The f**k? Since when have PC football games cost £54.99??!!

I had a run of a few fun matches tonight and considered maybe buying the game, until I looked at the price on Origin. The f**k? Since when have PC football games cost £54.99??!!

Since licenses have become more than the representation of the sport itself!
And licenses are expensive as fuck!

Finally getting full manual games in Seasons and man, what a game this is on FUMA. It has its faults, but the shooting, physical play (awesome!), atmosphere, goalkeepers etc is so much ahead of PES, its unbelievable. Im not a fanboy of either of the games, I just play the one a find better and this year the winner is FIFA for me, clearly.

What's the point in posting that..disregarding multi player as I don't play it the single player game in many people's opinion is superb..trying not to compare but it's light years ahead of PES this year and any other year. If it's not for you then that's ok but to label it just shite is just rubbish
It's not "light years" ahead of PES at all.

You're like an EA rep the way you protect this game.

FIFA 18 has tonnes of glaring issues. It's fun for a few games and then the faults all rear their ugly head.

PES is light year ahead of FIFA, in greaphics, that's for sure. And certainly not up for debate.

In terms of gameplay... well, that's very much debatable to say the least. In PES you can actually dribble (with the right players) to get past rivals. In FIFA though no matter who you are and who you are facing, you will never succeed at dribbling. You're either stuck with the trick stick or outsprinting your opponent, but you'll never wrong foot him or outsmart him (against the AI).

If you're talking about animations, then I'll say it's very even. The animations PES has are superb and very well implement, but FIFA has 4x times more animations. So that's a draw right there.

Ball physics, I'd say it's even too. Under certain circumstances, FIFA is better. But in others, I like PES' ball physics a little more.

Physical battles. FIFA has more of that, and more often. So, for me, FIFA wins in that department.

Stadiums, lighting and the little details (such as Exterior Views, Tunnels) PES is..... a dream.

The rest (customization, game modes, atmosphere, menus, broadcasting feeling) is all for FIFA, hands down.

The thing is though, the things PES does right, they (KONAMI) do it MUCH better than FIFA.
The areas FIFA is better at, it's simply because KONAMI/PES TEAM doesn't have the money or the resources to focus on.

well there is a fifa&pes contrast and compare thread
I don't get why ppl still go to a fifa or pes thread to say one is better than another
and it looks biased to say something like light year ahead
for example if you say pes is better than fifa, you can say it in pes thread or the compare thread
here most ppl probably prefer fifa than pes thats why they are in the fifa thread, you don't need to talk bad about the game by saying another is better, it may become annoying
same as opposite, I don't think ppl in pes thread would like to see a fifa player go to pes thread just saying fifa is light year ahead blah blah blah

It's not "light years" ahead of PES at all.

You're like an EA rep the way you protect this game.

FIFA 18 has tonnes of glaring issues. It's fun for a few games and then the faults all rear their ugly head.
I still own pes and played it thouroughlly until fifa was released after a week I wasn't seeing anything New, just rinse and repeat So yes fifa is light years ahead in every department except player models, anyways just coming on here saying something's shit then calling someone an ea rep because the enjoy the game is laughabable and enough to end the discussion.

I still own pes and played it thouroughlly until fifa was released after a week I wasn't seeing anything New, just rinse and repeat So yes fifa is light years ahead in every department except player models, anyways just coming on here saying something's shit then calling someone an ea rep because the enjoy the game is laughabable and enough to end the discussion.
You making sweeping statements like 'FIFA is light years ahead of PES' as though it's fact is laughable.

I also own both games. But you're always in the FIFA thread telling us that this is the best game ever and trolling the pes thread telling us all that you dislike pes 2018 on a daily basis. You're like a dog with a bone - let it go, we get it, you love FIFA. You're one of the lucky ones. I still think FIFA is an easy, fast, ridiculous representation of video game football; with and without sliders.

I think FIFA still needs to embrace the frostbite engine and the player models that come with it.

There is a sense of resistance, but not in a good way. It feels, like @Topaz illustrated, more magnetic than anything. I think the threshold needs to be found and balanced relative to the players on the pitch.

Something that has helped with other EA Sports titles is the player disparity/threshold scale, which determines the true separation between players speed, and in my opinion, the determination of the magnetic "force fields" that occur all over the pitch.

If we can find how to create this effect, then I think we will be on a much better track. FIFA has a lot of slider related variables, and their sensitivity is quite high. This opens up a lot of possibilities, but of course that means a lot of hours to commit to testing.

I think FIFA still needs to embrace the frostbite engine and the player models that come with it.

There is a sense of resistance, but not in a good way. It feels, like @Topaz illustrated, more magnetic than anything. I think the threshold needs to be found and balanced relative to the players on the pitch.

Something that has helped with other EA Sports titles is the player disparity/threshold scale, which determines the true separation between players speed, and in my opinion, the determination of the magnetic "force fields" that occur all over the pitch.

If we can find how to create this effect, then I think we will be on a much better track. FIFA has a lot of slider related variables, and their sensitivity is quite high. This opens up a lot of possibilities, but of course that means a lot of hours to commit to testing.

I also don't notice stats when it comes to CPU defending either. That needs to be fixed. A defender from Crewe Alexander shouldn't be easily dispose-sing Ronaldo/Messi/Hazard.

You making sweeping statements like 'FIFA is light years ahead of PES' as though it's fact is laughable.

I also own both games. But you're always in the FIFA thread telling us that this is the best game ever and trolling the pes thread telling us all that you dislike pes 2018 on a daily basis. You're like a dog with a bone - let it go, we get it, you love FIFA. You're one of the lucky ones. I still think FIFA is an easy, fast, ridiculous representation of video game football; with and without sliders.
please quote my saying it's the best game ever and also show me a post from everyday trolling pes ..you are the one making sweeping statements, false ones. Andcaa far I'm concerned I've give Konami 40 quid so I can write what i want providing it's truthful and the only negatives I have wrote about are fouls and space which is say 9t% of other players agree with

Back
Top Bottom