FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Still no gameplay videos... In terms of 'openness' PES 2018 is miles ahead. Maybe EA has some fantastic news to announce...

sweet! We should be able to score even more GPG.(goals per game):CONF:
Hmmmm....I suppose we will have to reserve judgement here to see how these gameplay "additions" feel once we actually play the game.

Personally, i will be very happy to see game fundamentals such as crossing and dribbling improved. Crossing in particular is appalling in FIFA 17.

However, i am always a bit uneasy with the way that EA sometimes packages features that have, for all intents and purposes, been present in the game for a while as brand new features. What can you do? They are always going to try marketing slogans to try and flog the game. EA loves a buzzword. Hopefully there is actually some substance to these features.

They really managed to screw up the player models this time.

Just compare the upper torso of FiFA 18 videos with that of FiFA 17. They look weird on FiFA 18.

Still no gameplay videos... In terms of 'openness' PES 2018 is miles ahead. Maybe EA has some fantastic news to announce...

If they did, they wouldn't be releasing this pathetic short clips that make you feel dizzy after watching them.

I do find it funny on here every year it's the opposite end of the spectrum ..people full of optimism for PES and criticism for FIFA without playing any. FIFA does this every year drip feeding and I'm sure it can't be as bad as last year.PES looks class again this year but I'm cautiously optimistic FIFA mat pull something out of the bag

I do find it funny on here every year it's the opposite end of the spectrum ..people full of optimism for PES and criticism for FIFA without playing any. FIFA does this every year drip feeding and I'm sure it can't be as bad as last year.PES looks class again this year but I'm cautiously optimistic FIFA mat pull something out of the bag

Hilarious how ppl are jumping to conclusions and making judgements without watching any videos, If you jump to the PES thread they're abusing others for doing exactly this lol

FIFA won't have big changes as there's still no serious competition and they've got all the important licenses.

I've watched all the fifa videos and played the beta. Pes looks better so far but you can only tell when you've played the demos to see how it feels. Of course fifa will out sell pes it always will and always has ..still made huge improvements up to 17 and was arguably the better game from 08 to 16

All I want from Fifa this year is AI that is more aggressive in the final third and able to score when good chances come along. Something that is badly missing from 16.

Having said that all I want from PES this year is shooting to be a lot more random and passing to have elements of error applied. SLIDERS!

All I want from FIFA is a realistic career mode, but ain't going to happen.

I think playing Football Manager gives me massive expectations for FIFA, which every year are never met.

Is that suppose to be better than FIFA 17?
PES 2018 - Gameplay France Vs. Brazil - PS4 Pro

It's a matter of tastes.
But I can relate a lot more to Konami's approach at making football games in a realistic way, than EA's (as of lately, at least).

The hate in here is unbelievable, the same guys who were saying "you can't judge a game from the videos" are saying that FIFA 18 is clearly a terrible game... From the videos...

The latest video on Twitter (see the link above) shows some promising positioning changes I think, along with (what I've been waiting for) team styles.

So, they're showing gameplay - not bragging about graphics... The PR talks about gameplay improvements... The videos show they've been working on the basics too (which we've all complained about)... So what's the problem here? I mean, what would people prefer?!

Looking forward to trying the game out against the AI.

The hate in here is unbelievable, the same guys who were saying "you can't judge a game from the videos" are saying that FIFA 18 is clearly a terrible game... From the videos...

The latest video on Twitter (see the link above) shows some promising positioning changes I think, along with (what I've been waiting for) team styles.

So, they're showing gameplay - not bragging about graphics... The PR talks about gameplay improvements... The videos show they've been working on the basics too (which we've all complained about)... So what's the problem here? I mean, what would people prefer?!

Looking forward to trying the game out against the AI.
This!

People seemed to hate FiFA too much. But I think EA knows what they're ding. FiFA kinda feels arcady, but that's exactly what they're looking for. I enjoy both arcady game of FiFA and simulation of PES. Having different gameplay types is good too. Makes buying both of them for different taste worth..

This is the first time IN YEARS that I hated on FIFA. And it is only because FIFA 17 was such a let down for me.
Plus, this crick on the neck has been in FIFA for as long as I can remember. Player running like the where holding a stone with the back of their heads.

I tend not to hate on either game unless I can't take it anymore. I've hated on PES for the catch-up bug, for example, until just now... when they've decided to get rid of it.

I only want the absolute football game. I don't care if it's called PES, FIFA or SHIT FOOTBALL 2018.

But don't sweat it, I've been wrong before. Last year, for instance, I thought PES 2017 was going to be ridculously bad and FIFA 17 was going to be just perfect. I bought both and guess what? I haven't played FIFA 17 more than 20 matches tops, but I'm still playing PES 2017 to this day.

Footplanting seems improved, I hope I am right :)
Terrible player models, some of the disgusting keeper animations seem still there, I hope I am wrong :(

PS: Why twitter videos?

Very happy to hear about the work this year on AI, animations, dribbling, crosses and atmosphere. At this rate FIFA 18 might pull me away from a modded FIFA 16.

We have a lots of gameplay videos but i have no hype. Something is broken i can't explain why.
Pes 2018 have a simulation gameplay. Fifa 18 we don't know yet how it feels. Gamescom will be really décisive this year because pes 2018 hype is Big. A lot of people didn't feel this Fifa this year. Wait&see

We have a lots of gameplay videos but i have no hype. Something is broken i can't explain why.
Pes 2018 have a simulation gameplay. Fifa 18 we don't know yet how it feels. Gamescom will be really décisive this year because pes 2018 hype is Big. A lot of people didn't feel this Fifa this year. Wait&see

Yep not feeling it either especially how bad FIFA 17 was. It seems like they haven't changed much at all from the snippet videos. Just adding more control for crossing and some running animation and some team tactics(which is probably added half-assely). I bet you that when we play career mode, it's going to be the same all Sunderland playing godly with 95% passing accuracy with a team full of prime Messis and prime Maldinis.

Back
Top Bottom