FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Breaking news: EA got an exclusive license for Bundesliga match simulations until 2021/22.

SEGA and KONAMI only managed to aquire non exclusive licenses for Bundesliga manager simulations.

FIFA 18 will apparently also feature a DFB-Pokal license next to the new 3. Liga license.

i agree, IRL if a player is running with the ball he can't shoot until he completes his cycle or he will fall.
this crying for more responsiveness just makes a more arcade passing and shooting system with unrealistically faster pace. Hopefully in time the developers realize this and make a player in game have physics that work like real life. So you can't pass in the middle of an animation cycle, not creating a end to end football game....

You make a fantastic point. However IRL it is possible to somewhat adjust your tempo, stride and balance to rush a shot or pass. My hope is that FIFA 18 gets this 'right', so that you won't see a ball leaving someone's foot the instant they touch a button, but somewhat faster response than it appears to have been in FIFA 17. I believe the transition to the new graphic engine introduced a delay in feel/responsiveness. FIFA 16 had this about right IMO. In 16 responsiveness was very good but it definitely helped to observe your player's stride and the ball's position relative to their preferred foot. Looking at videos of FIFA 18 the newly overhauled animation system looks and sounds promising to me.

FIFA 17 in my opinion was a complete mess in the AI, Defense and Dribbling department. It's annoying how the CPU AI always have pin point magnetic tackling ability and players like Sanchez, Hazard, Messi, etc are useless because a Skybet league 2 defender is Maldini in this game. The scripting is at it's worse. When the scripting gets triggered, my players make 0% off the ball movement, my players jogs around, the AI is like the best team in the planet regardless of any stats and passing accuracy of the AI is atleast 95%. Honestly I don't have much hope for FIFA 18. They don't give a crap about singleplayer users so why should I give a crap about FIFA 18?

FIFA 16 is still the best FIFA game IMO. If only it had more team variety, a better speed burst from pacey players and the passing stat actually mattering for the CPU and remove any scripting/handicap/rubber banding/jogging/lethargic/etc, it would have been the perfect game.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE with this ^.. FIFA 16 was the most balanced logical fifa to date. But fifa 17 is horrendously programmed. You fight your controller

FIFA 17 in my opinion was a complete mess in the AI, Defense and Dribbling department. It's annoying how the CPU AI always have pin point magnetic tackling ability and players like Sanchez, Hazard, Messi, etc are useless because a Skybet league 2 defender is Maldini in this game. The scripting is at it's worse. When the scripting gets triggered, my players make 0% off the ball movement, my players jogs around, the AI is like the best team in the planet regardless of any stats and passing accuracy of the AI is atleast 95%. Honestly I don't have much hope for FIFA 18. They don't give a crap about singleplayer users so why should I give a crap about FIFA 18?

FIFA 16 is still the best FIFA game IMO. If only it had more team variety, a better speed burst from pacey players and the passing stat actually mattering for the CPU and remove any scripting/handicap/rubber banding/jogging/lethargic/etc, it would have been the perfect game.

the best which has lots of issues :P

OMG... are they actually branding simple curled crosses as a new feature?.
Running. Passing. Shooting. Crossing. Heading. Basic football...

I mean, it's OK that they added some curl to it, it looks good. But to advertise it like that?.

I mean, it's OK that they added some curl to it, it looks good. But to advertise it like that?.
I'd say that the fundamentals are 100% the most important stuff for FIFA to work on (given how weird the game feels at the minute), and the important stuff to advertise changes to as well. It's crucial gameplay - it's what matters. I like it.

I'd MUCH rather see a trailer that says "look, crosses aren't lasers to the defender's head any more, and it's not the exact same cross every single time" than "LOOK HERE'S RONALDO DOING SOME TRICKS ISN'T IT COOL YOU CAN BE JUST LIKE RONALDO".

unamused.gif

aaaaaaaaaaads.jpg

sarcastic.gif

Still nothing I have seen from FIFA 18 that makes me want to buy the game. FIFA 17 was the worst purchase I have ever made whereas FIFA 16 was the best. I think EA is losing their plot at this point and don't give a crap about singleplayer issues.

Still nothing I have seen from FIFA 18 that makes me want to buy the game. FIFA 17 was the worst purchase I have ever made whereas FIFA 16 was the best. I think EA is losing their plot at this point and don't give a crap about singleplayer issues.

This is what I'm talking about.
FIFA is a rather expensive game.
And nothing they've shown so far justifies that amount of money. I'm very worried.
Either there's nothing to be shown that would make it worth the money or there's a lot and they are going to tear Gamescom down and crush PES like a giant smashes a village by just walking.

What's wrong with advertising it?

And atm, I've been hearing that PES 18 dribbling response is similar to PES 14. So that makes it worse than FiFA 17. And it seems like responsiveness of FiFA 18 is same as FiFA 17. So for people like me, FiFA 18 is definitely the winner.

And atm, I've been hearing that PES 18 dribbling response is similar to PES 14. So that makes it worse than FiFA 17. And it seems like responsiveness of FiFA 18 is same as FiFA 17. So for people like me, FiFA 18 is definitely the winner.

That's not true. Maybe people have some lag, but in lag free matches there is no dribbling responsiveness issues at all.

Comparing it to Pes 2014 response issues is absolutely wrong.

That's not true. Maybe people have some lag, but in lag free matches there is no dribbling responsiveness issues at all.

yep I We do g this I hated pes 14 due to lack of response. All my games on 18 have been super responsive ..its very good..looking forward to what fifa 18 offers. Need a to be good or it's another year with pes

yep I We do g this I hated pes 14 due to lack of response. All my games on 18 have been super responsive ..its very good..looking forward to what fifa 18 offers. Need a to be good or it's another year with pes

That's very good to know. I don't play online matches anyway, so if its fine in Single Player, then I will be happy.

That's very good to know. I don't play online matches anyway, so if its fine in Single Player, then I will be happy.
this is the question..even if it's on par with 17 I'll but it , again depending on what fifa release. I think the AI will be good though especially with the catch up 'bug' removed. FIFA 18 needs to do simething to remove the horrible memory of 17

This years pes is the best dribbling I've ever played in a footy game

Yeah @Sami 1999 I think you were in a laggy match because that kills any responsive. However if you find a good connection, then this year dribbling responsiveness is the best since PES 2010. Anything that can come to the control we have over dribbling this year is probably FIFA 16.

Is it contextual based on the player or is it like you smash a couple of buttons together with any player to do more tricks? If it's the latter then it's nothing new.

their torsos are too upright to make it look realistic.. THINK Alexis sanchez and what he does to stay on the ball

Back
Top Bottom