FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Kinda unexpected for FIFA to work so much on gameplay instead of introducing new useless modes. I am a bit hopeful that one now they are finally introducing player individuality and team individuality. Hopefully that means a player from League 2 doesn't play like Hazard and terrorize my defense whereas Hazard is always invisible when I play against him. It all depends on the scripting and if the AI is still crappy that they have to use cheating.

The little things
Some of the little improvements EA Sports has made for FIFA 18 are just brilliant, and make you wonder why it's taken them so long to appear in the game. For the first time you're able to make subs without having to go to team management. When there's a replay, the option to press a trigger button pops up at the bottom of the screen. Hold the trigger and you can press a button to make one of either a custom substitution or a suggested substitution based on who's tired or has a yellow card. And then the substitution happens without a break. Just brilliant!

+1

guys sorry out of topic, but i am installing fifa 16 i need a footy fix, since i already own it, does fifa 16 play like pes 5?, i heard many people praised the game, but which camera should be used? thx

guys sorry out of topic, but i am installing fifa 16 i need a footy fix, since i already own it, does fifa 16 play like pes 5?, i heard many people praised the game, but which camera should be used? thx

I don't know if it play like pes 5, i just know i enjoy it as much as pes 5 and that says a lot. I personally use co-op camera, which is a camera similar to wide in pes 5 (quite zoomed out). Don't forget to install modddingway patch + Matt10 sliders. There also is a stadium server if you're interested.

I don't know if it play like pes 5, i just know i enjoy it as much as pes 5 and that says a lot. I personally use co-op camera, which is a camera similar to wide in pes 5 (quite zoomed out). Don't forget to install modddingway patch + Matt10 sliders. There also is a stadium server if you're interested.
thx a lot man, cheers

The graphical engine is definitely new so we have similar amounts of bs as we did when the impact engine was introduced. Some of these bugs are massively gamebreaking and I feel like EA hadnt tested their game enough last year to spot them pre release. I wish for KSI to begin uploading again about the FIfa fails so EA will actually start caring about thes glaring issues

The issues are certainly not glaring in FIFA 17, sometimes (once in 10 matches) there is a wonky collision between players, but that's it.

actually if u watch replays closely u see much clipping and animation fails

The issues are certainly not glaring in FIFA 17, sometimes (once in 10 matches) there is a wonky collision between players, but that's it.
lol okay

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-11_13-3-32.png
    upload_2017-7-11_13-3-32.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 7
There is one interesting part when Sam Rivera compares Pes to Fifa.

He says:
I think some previous FIFAs were too complex in certain situations, and the hardcore players don’t have a problem there, they’re very good and they get used to it, but a lot of people were having trouble and they’d rather have a more fluid and not super-hardcore game maybe like PES for example.

So he is saying that Pes is the more hardcore player game and that amongst Fifa players there are many not so hardcore players that are having with hardcore elements in Fifa, so they have to adapt to that.

He says:

So he is saying that Pes is the more hardcore player game and that amongst Fifa players there are many not so hardcore players that are having with hardcore elements in Fifa, so they have to adapt to that.
No, he is saying that PES is the less hardcore game.

Isn't he saying that some Fifa players don't like complex situation and they prefer Fifa not to be the super hardcore game like Pes is?

Even if he says that Pes is the less hardcore game he says they are trying to give a more responsive and fluid gameplay, that can't be good in my opinion, considering i don't think Fifa is super hardcore game at all, but that's just me.

Isn't he saying that some Fifa players don't like complex situation and they prefer Fifa not to be the super hardcore game like Pes is?
No, they want FIFA to be more like PES, which is less hardcore in their opinion.

Even if he says that Pes is the less hardcore game he says they are trying to give a more responsive and fluid gameplay, that can't be good in my opinion, considering i don't think Fifa is super hardcore game at all, but that's just me.

We have to wait and see.

If more "responsive" and "fluid" means something closer to what PES have succeded, then it's more than welcome to me.

[...] he is saying that Pes is the more hardcore player game and that amongst Fifa players there are many not so hardcore players that are having with hardcore elements in Fifa, so they have to adapt to that.
No, he is saying that PES is the less hardcore game.
Yeah, the language is pretty confusing, but he says that "people would rather have a not super hardcore game, like PES [is]", so (to be super reductive about it), I'm pretty certain that what he's saying is that PES is an easier game (and less hardcore). BUT, it's not as simple as that - it's more of a compliment...

I think the point he's making is that, to dribble in FIFA, you need to have a degree in engineering, whereas in PES it's a little more automated and stat-based (and left-stick dribbling is possible).

That makes dribbling more natural (and more realistic when it's tied to a player's ability), rather than describing it as too easy.

To me, FIFA's dribbling system is ridiculously convoluted, and gives an advantage to kids with more elasticity in their minds, who can remember all the button/stick combos and combine them to create a "skillz" session in the middle of your supposed-to-be-a-game-of-fucking-football-not-a-video-shoot.

So I'm delighted to hear him sort of say "we're working on that".

As always, they're making all the right noises (especially the PR claim that they're focusing on "team individuality"), but the implementation is key...

Last edited:
The problem with FIFA is that all the new gameplay features get nerfed or sometimes removed all together with patches later in the year!.

- For example they announced clever goalkeepers as a new feature yet now they're stuck to their lines and go out for every corner without any input from the user

- They added different types of through ball, Then scripted the whole game in a way that you can't use the threaded or normal through ball effectively

- The guided and driven and placed shots were announced then were all tampered with that every shot is a dipping effort or a far post curler

- Add to that having fouls when playing the AI then after the 2nd patch they disappeared!

SO it starts with FIFA 18 and around January we're relegated to FIFA 15 LOL

Yeah, the language is pretty confusing, but he says that "people would rather have a not super hardcore game, like PES [is]", so (to be super reductive about it), I'm pretty certain that what he's saying is that PES is an easier game (and less hardcore). BUT, it's not as simple as that - it's more of a compliment...

I think the point he's making is that, to dribble in FIFA, you need to have a degree in engineering, whereas in PES it's a little more automated and stat-based (and left-stick dribbling is possible).

That makes dribbling more natural (and more realistic when it's tied to a player's ability), rather than describing it as too easy.

To me, FIFA's dribbling system is ridiculously convoluted, and gives an advantage to kids with more elasticity in their minds, who can remember all the button/stick combos and combine them to create a "skillz" session in the middle of your supposed-to-be-a-game-of-fucking-football-not-a-video-shoot.

So I'm delighted to hear him sort of say "we're working on that".

As always, they're making all the right noises (especially the PR claim that they're focusing on "team individuality"), but the implementation is key...

They should make a new Fifa Street just to please those kids that wants to do skills with any players and doesn't care about football/realism.

The problem with FIFA is that all the new gameplay features get nerfed or sometimes removed all together with patches later in the year!.

- For example they announced clever goalkeepers as a new feature yet now they're stuck to their lines and go out for every corner without any input from the user

- They added different types of through ball, Then scripted the whole game in a way that you can't use the threaded or normal through ball effectively

- The guided and driven and placed shots were announced then were all tampered with that every shot is a dipping effort or a far post curler

- Add to that having fouls when playing the AI then after the 2nd patch they disappeared!

SO it starts with FIFA 18 and around January we're relegated to FIFA 15 LOL

I've noticed that low driven shots (double press of shoot button) are not as powerful or anywhrere near as satisfying as they were when the game first came out. I just presumed I was gettig used to them but going by some comments here, have they been patched somewhere along the line?

I've noticed that low driven shots (double press of shoot button) are not as powerful or anywhrere near as satisfying as they were when the game first came out. I just presumed I was gettig used to them but going by some comments here, have they been patched somewhere along the line?

Yes most of the new gameplay features have made it difficult for EA to balance in their online games so just removed them. Crosses, Shots have all been nerfed to allow for scripting.

more responsive the game is, fifa or pes, the more arcadey it feels to me, no simulation, lot people complain with both pes and fifa cos when they press pass or shoot, its not instant cos ball is not at feet, and animations dont look right, thats how i see it.

more responsive the game is, fifa or pes, the more arcadey it feels to me, no simulation, lot people complain with both pes and fifa cos when they press pass or shoot, its not instant cos ball is not at feet, and animations dont look right, thats how i see it.

That is definitely true, 99% of people that buy Pes or Fifa these days are not patient, they just want to attack, attack, attack (and score) in the fastest way, even if it brings to unrealistic gameplay.

We hardcore players are relegated to forums and one would think reading on here there are lots of us, but the truth is we are an extremely small minority.

i agree, IRL if a player is running with the ball he can't shoot until he completes his cycle or he will fall.
this crying for more responsiveness just makes a more arcade passing and shooting system with unrealistically faster pace. Hopefully in time the developers realize this and make a player in game have physics that work like real life. So you can't pass in the middle of an animation cycle, not creating a end to end football game.... Hope is, as the technology advances in the future this will happen..Yeah and adults quit listening to kids crying for more responsiveness so they can ping pong there way to high scoring football games, there brains are still developing...

Last edited:
That is definitely true, 99% of people that buy Pes or Fifa these days are not patient, they just want to attack, attack, attack (and score) in the fastest way, even if it brings to unrealistic gameplay.

We hardcore players are relegated to forums and one would think reading on here there are lots of us, but the truth is we are an extremely small minority.
i agree, IRL if a player is running with the ball he can't shoot until he completes his cycle or he will fall.
this crying for more responsiveness just makes a more arcade passing and shooting system with unrealistically faster pace. Hopefully in time the developers realize this and make a player in game have physics that work like real life. So you can't pass in the middle of an animation cycle, not creating a end to end football game.... Hope is, as the technology advances in the future this will happen..Yeah and adults quit listening to kids crying for more responsiveness so they can ping pong there way to high scoring football games, there brains are still developing...
wont happen too many casuals playing and Konami and EA know it, if less responsive the amount of bitching there would be on social media would be chaos, I understand EA not doing it but neither have the balls to do a dark souls type football game, honestly thought Konami being Japanese had the best chance, but ever since FIFA upt there game and Konami went down hill, Konami then were trying to get the FIFA players to play there game and that's when the responsiveness went to shit.

Back
Top Bottom