Fifa 17: The Journey - For discussions solely based on the story mode.

Another good bug I found in the Journey..

I was booked so got substituted in the 92nd minute with 3 mins injury time - Game was 0-0.

I decided to simulate the match although there was absolutely no time left - I won the game 2-0..

Also annoys me that your meant to be a pacey player yet your pace stats are in the 70's.. I thought that if you had pace you have pace it isn't something you massively improve..

Walcott has always had pace from when he was 16..

I've never been subbed off even when I wasn't having a very spectacular game, is that because I'm playing as the whole team? Annoyingly the manager always subs Bernard? Off early, he's Boro's best DM!

I have also been subbed but only once in whole mode.

I missed a 90 min sitter in the FA cup final was absolutely gutted lost on pens :((

Loved the mode though even with its flaws it was great fun and that ending!!! cant wait for next year version going to be a long wait unless DLC coming?

My story is pretty similar started at Crystal Palace only got sub appearances and Walker has got in the team and has totally blanked me :), they then signed Kane which signalled the end for me. Out on loan at Newcastle atm just played a cup game and won on penalties which is the only goal I've scored.

Never been subbed, averaging about 7.0 rating per game.

What level is everyone playing on. I am on professional.

I was at Arsenal on professional, striker but kept being put in Ozils position for the last 30mins and struggled.

They brought di maria in amd i had to go.

Now at Newcastle and doing well. Averaging just over 7s i think maybe nearer to 8.

How do you see top goalscorers in the league and other stats etc?

I laughed at one scene (dont think i am giving anything away) where I am in a hotel room in newcastle and hunters mum comes to give him some food....she lives in London, came in for 2mins and then left....she is a great mum.

I play on World Class..

I average mid to high 7's every game - don't score many but as long as you don't give the ball away stupidly it is pretty easy to get high ratings and keep the boss happy.

Does anyone one find that when you call for the ball, no matter how close you are to a player that cannot play a ball across the ground it's always through the sodding air which is more difficult to take control of.

Does anyone one find that when you call for the ball, no matter how close you are to a player that cannot play a ball across the ground it's always through the sodding air which is more difficult to take control of.

Never had that.. Always ground passes for me, unless you call for a long ball or cross.

BTW am I the only one that took ages to realise you can choose what training you do yourself from the two that are pre-selected? You lose the manager's favour bonus but better that than doing training that's pointless for your position (or training that's tedious/difficult). It wasn't until I was right near the end I realised I could change the training, felt very silly!

BTW am I the only one that took ages to realise you can choose what training you do yourself from the two that are pre-selected? You lose the manager's favour bonus but better that than doing training that's pointless for your position (or training that's tedious/difficult). It wasn't until I was right near the end I realised I could change the training, felt very silly!

Now I feel like a dick too..

Never knew you could do that and now I know you can I will be changing it all the time too..

Shooting and El Rondo everytime it is.

Oh I hate El Rondo I get bored of it (ie I suck at it). There's a "hard" dribble one I find fairly easy that's in three stages, I'm doing that one with my VP in league 2 and getting excellent, nice boosts :)

Glad to know it wasn't just me ;) Weird that they didn't tell you you could change the training, I just realised one time I could move the cursor over the training so I was like "duh I wonder what happens if I press the button on it!" :)

Finished the journey last night and must say that overall I was disappointed with the ending and general story.

Main gripe is that the story ends after a season and you can't even continue the game as Be a Pro or anything it just ends.

It seemed early on from the start the way would progress - You would fall out with your best mate about who would start although this goes no-where as he leaves when you return.

You also play him in the FA Cup Final with some banter at the start of the game, but nothing at the end, except picking him up of the floor.

Your Dad turns up for a pointless chat right at the end.

But the end is just you are about to get a Shock call up for the England squad and then it just ends.

So I would avoid The Journey and just play be a Pro, as least you have a career rather than just a season.

I'm not a FIFA player, but enjoyed this, got a loan of the game from my nephew to try this out.

Was hoping I coulda went Wolves, but alas no, so went Everton. Went to Newcastle and not long back again to Everton.

Playing it on a low skill level, but just playing as Solo.

Loving the story, although some of it is bizarre. I'm not getting any FA Cup games, but as said cutscenes suggest I would have been playing and going by tweets which are new it says I scored again, which seems bizarre as wasn't playing.

Into the bargain team selections very bizarre too. Even though Everton sign Kane, he never gets a game. Also when I was on loan at Newcastle that annoying git Williams, who I now love never got any game time too.

All in all thought I am enjoying the story as it goes.

FD

My story is pretty similar started at Crystal Palace only got sub appearances and Walker has got in the team and has totally blanked me :), they then signed Kane which signalled the end for me. Out on loan at Newcastle atm just played a cup game and won on penalties which is the only goal I've scored.

Never been subbed, averaging about 7.0 rating per game.

What level is everyone playing on. I am on professional.

Went back to Palace where we had a good run but ended up finishing 6th in the premiership.

Did however win the FACUP against West Ham who my best buddy had skunked off too. Own goal won it from my deflected shot.

When announced, I said I wasn't interested and wouldn't touch this mode. I got this game for about 2 weeks now and never bothered playing the journey. But I tried it last night and couldn't stop playing, had to force myself to go to sleep as it was already 2 AM. It's really something fresh and fun, this could only get better in the future.

Back
Top Bottom