FIFA 16 Ultimate Team Thread

Thx sauce!

Well just by playing games you can´t get a team like that...it takes ages.

What I do is trading. Via the fut web app I can do that from work by spending a couple of minutes to buy contract cards cheap in the morning and sell them 100 - 150 coins more in the evening. Best to sell them is on weekends.

By that you can make up to 50 K in a week...depending on how many you sell.

I feel you. Actually FUT is a love/hate thing to me.
But MLO on PES was love and hate too. Actually football online in general is.

Since the latest patch I can have much more fun with it, as the stupid penalties seem to be gone.

What you describe there is the same way I feel about it and it´s that stupid balancing/scripting/momentum which is there.
Like for example when I shot a goal and my opponent knows that he can just dribble zig zag style right through my defense and sometimes he´s succesful cause it seems he´s having an extra dribble boost now.

Or that 45 min 90 min goals. These though I have to say seem to be toned down.
At least I had them more often in FIFA 15.

Well I´m also not that much of a skillplayer...I lose, I win, have draws...somtimes I get punished big time 5:0 and sometimes I beat others 3:0, 4:0, also often 1:0...

I´m on division 4 now.
And yeah, sometimes I need one victory only to climb up but I can´t make it.

For example a few days ago I started very well in division 4, won most of my games. Then lost some and there were 3 games to go and I needed 3 points to get into the higher division.
Means, only one victory is needed.
Well, didn´t happen...the games were all ugly.
And I asked myself either. Is it me? Did I take those 3 matches too easily?
Or were them others too good?

There are doubts though when you hit the post 3 times in a row or passes are too weak even you loaded up the pass bar to the max.
That doesn´t happen in every match though.
If there weren´t enough matches I enjoy (even when I lose), I´d have given up on it long time ago already.

Also now since they worked on that penalties and on attacking runs I´m having some more fun again.

Of course there are very annoying matches and ugly games but since I play footy games online I experienced good and bad games.
Not talking about winning or losing but matches were my opponent uses bugs or tricks, wastes time by passing around, presses pause on purpose, does zig zag runs etc etc...these make me go AAARRRRGGHHHH!

What I wanna say is that it´s not necessarily a FIFA thing.
I had that annoying matches in PES online games as well.
PES ML offline matches were a lot smoother...just like FIFA´s CM.

So until it fucks me up completely I´ll keep playing FUT since it´s so much fun building up your own team and caring about team chemistry and stuff.

Btw,
Just bought Iniesta and this guy is a beast!

I replaced Kroos which is a pity as I like him a lot and his stats are good too.
But he seems to be too slow in reaction as he loses the ball way too often when he gets attacked.
Rakitic is a lot better on that one. Never scored with him but his positioning and passing is great.
And Iniesta is good in positioning, passing and shooting.
Scored some nice screamers with him.

Just to mention player individuality which is often critised on FIFA 16, imo it´s there.

Last edited:
Oh, I know about trading, but I only manage to do in the beginning of the game, now I'm just lazy, all I wanna do is play. Also is like everybody know the methods now, its hard to find cheap stuff these days.

But you are right, if I put on a balance, I get more good fun games than shitty ones, the thing is the shitty ones comes right when you are in a must win situation, its frustrating.

These scripted games makes me play like a cheap player, trying to dribble right into the box to score those cheeky goals that abuse the gameplay, that's the only way I can beat the system, but that's not really how I want to play, I want to try different shots, scores from places people don't usually expect, but the script turns me into a monster.

About the new patch, I'm yet to try it out, I'm on the PS4.

And Rakitic is great, I have him too, his shots are insane, scored a volley with him that was just beautiful, my best goal in this FIFA.

Yesterday I got another beast, Lacazette, I'm pairing him with Griezmann, its one hell of a pair of strikers, they move like crazy wingers but they are really dangerous finishers. I do have a Jackson Martinez on the other team to mix it up though, play more like a big ST.

Individuality for players is there definitely, but teams personalities are not, every AI team plays mostly the same, which is why I just play online.

Yeah I´m interested in Griezmann too.

I have him on loan but never tried him yet.
Yes, the must win ones are really shitty.
That´s why I only play seasons and no tournaments.

About cheap stuff:
My cousin told me that around xmas and new year, players are gonna be cheaper cause of all them packs coming out.

I´m interested in Pique and De Gea and I´ll wait a bit to see if he´s right about that.

Griezmann is quite nice, but for your team the only thing missing is a Neymar in the Konoplyanka spot, everything else I'd be really satisfied.

But that whole thing I was talking about the other day still happening, my first 3 games of the 5th division were all relatively easy, even won a match 4-1.

Then what happens. I lose 4 in a row, with 4 opponents that were honestly worse than the first 3 I won.

One of those four even had a top-top Bundesliga squad, with Boateng, Hummels, Reus, Vidal and more, again not that he was a good player at all, but every through ball to Aubameyang was a success, that auto anticipation thing is gone after the patch, I just could not beat or anticipate him myself I was a disaster at defending that game, the other 3 games were nearly the same, including a 3-0 to 3 more through balls.

I'm not sure I like this patch, pace is back at being key, and through balls are as deadly as in 15. I'm thinking about sinking my defense way back again and rather deal with zigzag than those easy through balls that goes right next to your defenders, if not under them legs, its too easy again.

Last edited:
MMhhh well I felt the PS4 version always a bit faster than the PC version.
Could be only me though.

Somehow I felt that the latest patch made it a tiny bit more pacey...I´m not sure about that though.

And yeah, I experience the same thing:
My first games in a season are mostly victories - no matter how strong that teams are - and the ones in the end are often defeats - no matter how weak those teams are.
Once I had a game with someone who had team chemistry 45 and a team of around 73 strength. Even I dominated the whole match, all my shots went straight to his keepers hands or hit the post.
He had like two chances only but scored in these two.
If I remember correctly one of my defenders made an own goal too.

And yesterday - I wish I would have recorded it - I mostly had draws.
Just couldn´t beat my opponents even I had so many chances.
And then it happened (never seen that before in any footy game):
Benzema is really a beast. I shot so many nice goals with him, volleys, long shots, headers, you name it...
But yesterday I had following situation; he received the ball and was all alone in the box.
No defender near him.
I was holding down R2 (I set sprint to R1) for controlled shot and aimed to the right corner and then he tried to kick the ball but he slipped...he slipped!!!
He friggin´ slipped over his own legs!

I was like WTF!??!??

So yeah, so many people keep saying it either that there is too much scripting/momentum to balance matches out.
I guess to bring satisfaction to the not-so-skilled players as well.

And what fucked me up too was another zig zag dribbling whore I played against.
I scored and right after kick off he zig zag dribbled with Lacazette and scored.
Wonder if this ever will be sorted out.

You lads heard about the 'chem glitch'?

Chemistry not actually having effect over cards that were not on the game on release day.

The news of the 'glitch' been out a week, and its been my best week on FUT ever.

Not that I'm winning more, but I'm enjoying some cards so so much without having to think about chemistry and actually thinking about who I like in which position.

Been using a lot of beasts, like inform Danilo Pereira, inform Eremenko, upgrades for Guardado and the beast Layún.

And I'm gonna keep my team even when they 'fix' the glitch, cause I'm not sure chemistry works even when its 'working'. Beast players will be probably less beast but totally worth the risk trying.

Maybe for 17 they should consider abandoning chemistry or changing how it works so we can get fresh and creative squads.

Back
Top Bottom