FIFA 16 - SLIDER THREAD

The advantage in acc also reflected in my def,I could press CPU to pass way worse than usual, and most importantly,they made bad decisions
I think setting up sliders equally for both CPU and human has one disadvantage,icpu will always calculate and react faster than you.
Sunderland vs Leeds was my game 1-1
Fab game
When it works out I think it has the potential to be breathtaking - in the West Brom game I mentioned, I used the knock-ahead to draw a foul from the left-back and get him a yellow card. When you see the physics come together, and in real-time you see your input result in what you were after (not just the action but the REaction)... It's just absolutely organic (that's FIFA's strongest suit, in my opinion). Individuals feel human.

But put it all together and every team's positioning etc. is so perfect that it becomes robotic, frustrating, and eventually boring.

I've said it before but it makes me laugh how opposite PES & FIFA are... I don't enjoy scoring in PES because it isn't "organic" and I don't feel like my input is what scored the goal etc., but I'm enjoying PES more at the moment because the satisfaction comes from shifting players around, changing your strategy and finding an advantage based on your analysis.

Put the two together and I'd never play another game again for the rest of my life.

When it works out I think it has the potential to be breathtaking - in the West Brom game I mentioned, I used the knock-ahead to draw a foul from the left-back and get him a yellow card. When you see the physics come together, and in real-time you see your input result in what you were after (not just the action but the REaction)... It's just absolutely organic (that's FIFA's strongest suit, in my opinion). Individuals feel human.

But put it all together and every team's positioning etc. is so perfect that it becomes robotic, frustrating, and eventually boring.

I've said it before but it makes me laugh how opposite PES & FIFA are... I don't enjoy scoring in PES because it isn't "organic" and I don't feel like my input is what scored the goal etc., but I'm enjoying PES more at the moment because the satisfaction comes from shifting players around, changing your strategy and finding an advantage based on your analysis.

Put the two together and I'd never play another game again for the rest of my life.
Same here,I switch on and off between the games,perhaps that's the solution,we won't get a perfect from either,but playing both,at least to me,makes it ok.
Might have to start playing Basketball again:)

FIFA 16 Slider Set [Xbox 360 PS3 Last gen]

Win, lose or draw, I find FIFA 16 a joy to play with these. (Finally no more pining for old school ISS/PES games) So much more fun and unpredictable than the default sliders. Now the CPU goals having me laughing rather than cursing.

CPU play long balls. Both I & the CPU have scored goals from long balls played up to a striker, the keeper has come rushing out from his goal, only to have the ball headed over him and into a empty. I've also seen the CPU defenders misjudge headers from similar long balls.

CPU try long /shots from edge of Box
. I've had Brazil (CPU) score from way outside the box & even a CPU player tried a shot just past the halfway line the other day!

Varied attacking play
I've made the game very stretched (the midfield can admittedly easily be bypassed at times) this means the CPU creates lots of chances, from all areas.
I think I've got player runs just right. They make runs into space but stop. This means you & the CPU always have an option in attack. (Knock downs, lay offs in and around the box, work so much better, the CPU tries them too) The same goes for defense, your players come back, so you always have the chance to snuff out an attack.

Been playing with this set for a week now and haven't had many goal fests, there's usually one or two goals in it. I did have a fun 4-0 game against Shakhtar Donetsk with Juventus, Shaktar actually dominated me in the first half, but I made some changes at half time and then when they had a player sent off in the second half they fell apart, conceding two late penalties in quick succession and to cap off their collapse their defender sliced a clearance straight to my player in front of goal!
Another thing I like with this set, I played a game between two teams in the Irish League and was actually second best, the CPU created more chances than me and I was lucky to get a 1-1 draw.

FIFA 17 will probably be exactly the same as 16 on last gen, so if anything, playing with these for the final few weeks will make that seem different at least. (Although now I might not mind so much.)

Camera: Tele Broadcast, Height: 15 Zoom: 9
World Class, 7 Minutes
Slow, Semi, Legacy Defending

User/Cpu

Sprint 51/50
Acceleration 52/51
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 47/52
Shot Speed 48/48
Pass Speed 51/51
Injury Freq 77/77
Injury Severity 17/17
GK Ability 39/39
Marking 62/62
Run Freq. 35/30
Height 40/40
Length 60/60
Width 48/48
Fullbacks 45/45
First Touch 37/40

Last edited:
Hey.
I just wrote a post over in the FIFA 16 thread,and I'd like to put up my slider settings here
Since I'm using Matt10 settings,he's the guy to give praise to,good job mate.
The only thing I didn't like/felt comfy with was the CPU defending.
I know they were tested for WC,and not LEG,which I play.
Defenders felt rock hard (pun intended) and very robotic,never making mistakes,always being in perfect position etc,on Leg,that's very tough to play against.

So I made a few changes.
Especially in passing/FTC and marking.
I feel that CPU plays more direct when pass acc and FTC are lowered,those settings doesn't really affect passing percentage that much either,and marking is lowered to make Both CPU and Human a bit more human,making mistakes,not being perfect all the time.
These work great for me on Legendary and manual/semi I'm playing 15 minutes
Sprint 52/52
Accel 48/48
Shot 55/55
Pass 60/60
Shot speed 52/52
Pass speed 38/38
Inj 70/70 sev 60/60
GK 48/48
Marking 45/45
Run freq 10/20
Height 60/60
Length 45/50
Width 50/50
FB 5/5
FTC 60/60

Might go with Matts suggestion on 46/48 acc and checking on width
But these work fantastic for me on Leg,go 48/48 in acc and you'll have tough games,but probably win games you shouldn't:) but 46/48 is a different ball game.
And needless to say,15 min games makes a huge difference to 7-10 min,in all perspectives

Last edited:
Thanks guys for trying out the sliders. I made some very small, personal adjustments, and it may not be for everybody - but I am sticking with them.

Accel 46/48 (I personally got sick of the being able to glide past the CPU with ease. Not saying this is the absolute fix, but it does result in more physicality more than anything.

If you're okay with sacrificing the "faulty" stamina gauge (I can feel my players fatigue, I don't need to see it on a bar), then try the adjustments I'm testing.

Shot Speed 52/52 (better keeper animations, less backward save)
Shot Error 55/55 (personal preference, shots just look so good with plenty of variety, and still fantastic goals can be scored)
GK Ability 51/51 (aggressive keepers and less backward save animations)
Run Freq 10/20 (increased since I forgot length was lowered, so now there needs to be more runs off the ball, and it pairs up very nicely with the acceleration discrepancy)

Everything else is 1.07 update.

Archive of the matches:

Sorry, just to clarify.

Are these changes to your sliders above, or do you only change these settings and leave the rest default on patch 1.07?

Thanks

Sorry, just to clarify.

Are these changes to your sliders above, or do you only change these settings and leave the rest default on patch 1.07?

Thanks

Hi sorry for the delayed response. These are changes to the sliders above. However, I'm about to post the newest and final set.

Everyone, here is the final set. I've included the changes highlighted in yellow, with a brief explanation. I hope we do not spend this much time on getting the base of 17 right, but you just never know with EA. Maybe tactics will actually work so the focus doesn't have to be to get more variety on the CPU via sliders....

AY6Wll.png

FIFA 16 Xbox 360/PS3/Last Gen Sliders

While I wait for 17, I've found a nice alternative to the Dynamic Camera, Tele, zoomed in.
I didn't want to change my last set too much, as I love the way the CPU mixes up it's game and tries long balls and long shots. But I've upped injuries and first touch error. With the increased FT and zoomed in camera, the set plays very differently, games can be scrappy affairs, with poor touches leading to lots of random moments. Player individuality stands out so much more with these camera/slider settings, whether it's pace, ball control or strength. (Players feel more weighty in general.) My favourite moment from using this set was my player fighting off and bundling his way past two smaller players in midfield and leaving them both on the floor looking injured!

Camera: Tele, Height: 0 Zoom: 20
World Class, 7 Minutes
Slow, Semi, Legacy Defending

User/Cpu

Sprint 51/50
Acceleration 52/51
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 47/52
Shot Speed 48/48
Pass Speed 51/51
Injury Freq 87/87*
Injury Severity 7/7*
GK Ability 34/34*
Marking 62/62
Run Freq. 30/25*
Height 40/40
Length 60/60
Width 48/48
Fullbacks 45/45
First Touch 57/60*

**Please Note**

I enjoy playing friendly games with the wide variety of teams in the game. If you just play with the top teams, you won't get the most out of this set.

Last edited:
Everyone, here is the final set. I've included the changes highlighted in yellow, with a brief explanation. I hope we do not spend this much time on getting the base of 17 right, but you just never know with EA. Maybe tactics will actually work so the focus doesn't have to be to get more variety on the CPU via sliders....

AY6Wll.png
Hey matt do you know any way I can check what version my Fifa is? My origin says no updates are needed but whenever I right click on my .exe and go on properties it says that the version is 1.0.0.0

Back
Top Bottom