FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Man when you find a slider set you're happy with, this game can be so great! My favourite Fifa game was probably the South African WC one, as I loved how responsive it felt, like you could score any type of goal. (Given I scored a overhead kick in like my 3rd game on it, helped.) And I just wanted that with club teams and now I have. (I even finally managed to score with the classic fake-shot around the keeper from my beloved ISS 2) But while it's easy now for me and the CPU to create lots of varied chances, I haven't had many goal fests, there's usually just one or two goals in it. But I did have a classic one last night, a 4-0 victory against Shakhtar Donetsk with Juventus. Shaktar actually dominated me in the first half, but I made some changes at half time and then when they had a player sent off in the second half they just fell apart, conceding two late penalties in quick succession and to cap off their collapse their defender sliced a clearance straight to my player in front of goal! - That's how football games should be! I'm on last gen, so 17 probably won't be much different anyway but I really hope they don't mess it up now!
Most of my games are 1-0,1-1 or 2-1.
Played Palace away and murdered them 5-1,and my Derby vs Newcastle ended 3-3.
Hope that 17 is a big step up,otherwise I see no point buying it,I'll stick with this one,and of course the other 17

Hope that 17 is a big step up,otherwise I see no point buying it,I'll stick with this one,and of course the other 17
FIFA 17 is incrementally better than FIFA 16, which was incrementally better than FIFA 15, etc. It's the exact same EA FIFA-style game with better, smoother animations and noticeably better graphics. But it's the same game, game play wise, no real difference there. CPU defenders don't let you get by as easily as in FIFA 16, that is one area of game play improvement.

But no "big step up" if that's what you are looking for.

FIFA 17 is incrementally better than FIFA 16, which was incrementally better than FIFA 15, etc. It's the exact same EA FIFA-style game with better, smoother animations and noticeably better graphics. But it's the same game, game play wise, no real difference there. CPU defenders don't let you get by as easily as in FIFA 16, that is one area of game play improvement.

But no "big step up" if that's what you are looking for.
Keep my eye out for progress on 17, one of the problems I've had on 16 is WC with a good team is a little to easy,Leg makes the CPU play like robots in defence,never making mistakes.
But like 16 a lot still,gets harder to play now that I'm used to PES again though
And want to check out if there's any changes to player career
Thanks mate

Last year this time I did not want to give up on playing 15 because the gameplay to me was so awesome.
This year I told myself because of the incremental changes made to all of these football games I would hold out on 17 untill I can go and pick it up for 30 retail. Since I live in the States that will not happen till April or May.
I can safely say that my backlogs of games I will probably never get around to.
Still finding so many little animations and hidden ways to shoot at goal.
Best soccergame I have ever played can not wait to get 17. Just so damn content and happy with 16

I returned to fifa 16. I see no point playing fifa 17 over fifa 16 with moddingway patches at this point. Gameplay is meh for me in 17. Vanilla fifa 16 without day1 patch ftw.

Oh man the South Africa WC game was sublime!

Nooo the SP AI was horrific, they first brought in their bastardised version of park the bus so when you played lesser teams they'd get 10 men behind the ball then when they won it back they'd hoof it upfield and it always landed perfectly in front of their sole forward, horrible game!

Nooo the SP AI was horrific, they first brought in their bastardised version of park the bus so when you played lesser teams they'd get 10 men behind the ball then when they won it back they'd hoof it upfield and it always landed perfectly in front of their sole forward, horrible game!
Oh yes I remember that now! The general play was lovely though.

Anybody still playing this beauty ? No football game comes close in terms of goal diversity, really brilliant (You hear me pes 17?). Fifa 17 feels bland compared to this, even though i must admit that having a lot of mods help.

Hi, I have just got back into this. It was uninstalled from my PS4.

Before I install the updates can somebody please tell me what version is best? The original 'out of the box' one or the latest I think it's version 1:07?

Thanks

Thanks fmica, I turned off auto updates in case it messed it up.

I read somewhere that in CM the CPU picks weak teams in EPL, leaving Costa out etc... Do you know if that was fixed in the latest version?

Thanks again.

Hmmm, never noticed this bug as far as i know, and i played both out of the box and last version... I had moddingway patch installed though, maybe the patch corrected this issue, i don't know sorry gee

Ok no worries. I read it on Operation Sports that the CPU never picked a full strength squad in CM but that was earlier posts.

I have started a game as QPR so I won't know until I (if I) get promoted.

Thanks

I really like this game. Something gets on my nerves though. I can't score 1-on-1 with the goalkeeper. He seems to always win this battle. Any tips there ?

Hi guys.I have a problem running fifa 16 on my laptop.When i press ''play'' button the game starts with cloud sync and loading from 5% to 100% and then nothing happend.Anyone can help?Thank's

Well there is that struggle every hardcore footie gamer face. My opinion, play what you like and roleplay in situation where it's clearly unfair and unrealistic. Like whenever I play FIFA 14 and the handicap kicks in, I imagine it's my team getting complacent.

I tried another sliders set for this tweaked fifa 16 demo exe + gameplay patch : i think these sliders are more balanced, most of the values come from matt10 demo sliders:

+60 power bar
+90 injury frequency
+60 injury severity
Slow/full manual/legacy defending/10min/legendary/co-op camera

The goalkeepers are good but not invincible. There are more injuries. The first touch error slider really brings more individuality. Still not enough fouls, but i can live with that.
I also tried to use the custom tactics project for fifa 17 and they work very well with this tweaked fifa 16. In fact, i can say the team individuality is as good as fifa 14 with them.
Here is the link : http://www.operationsports.com/foru...0-custom-ai-tactics-formations-fifa-17-a.html

You can try these settings and tell me if you like, i personally love it, can't stop playing it for now.

Edit: didn't realise it was fifa 18 topic, off-topic sorry.

Last edited:
I tried another sliders set for this tweaked fifa 16 demo exe + gameplay patch : i think these sliders are more balanced, most of the values come from matt10 demo sliders:

+60 power bar
+90 injury frequency
+60 injury severity
Slow/full manual/legacy defending/10min/legendary/co-op camera

The goalkeepers are good but not invincible. There are more injuries. The first touch error slider really brings more individuality. Still not enough fouls, but i can live with that.
I also tried to use the custom tactics project for fifa 17 and they work very well with this tweaked fifa 16. In fact, i can say the team individuality is as good as fifa 14 with them.
Here is the link : http://www.operationsports.com/foru...0-custom-ai-tactics-formations-fifa-17-a.html

You can try these settings and tell me if you like, i personally love it, can't stop playing it for now.

Edit: didn't realise it was fifa 18 topic, off-topic sorry.

FIFA 16 demo tweak is the only FIFA 16 version where I felt custom tactics made a difference. But after a certain point in my career mode, the game crashes or my origin updates my game.

Yes something like that. But I accidentally turned Origin to online mode whilst I was playing FIFA 17 and it updated my FIFA 16 Demo/Full Version and it updated my files and pretty much screwed my whole setup.

I guess you should just reinstall everything sadly.

I had almost 500 hours of FIFA 16 logged before FIFA 17 came out, but I've recently switched back to 16 for a change of pace. With the latest Moddingway patch and Supernova gameplay, I'm pleasantly surprised how well it plays! I honestly thought I'd never return to FIFA 16, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than 17 (at the moment that is. It's just because it's something different). Been playing career with a friend via GeForce Experience and we're having a blast. That, and at this stage of a football game's lifespan, I need aesthetic mods to freshen things up.

Last edited:
Don't know if it has been mentioned before. If you are a console user, don't do any live update (post September 2016) or you will lose the original Brazilian teams content. I did and all these teams are now made of fake players.

I had almost 500 hours of FIFA 16 logged before FIFA 17 came out, but I've recently switched back to 16 for a change of pace. With the latest Moddingway patch and Supernova gameplay, I'm pleasantly surprised how well it plays! I honestly thought I'd never return to FIFA 16, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than 17 (at the moment that is. It's just because it's something different). Been playing career with a friend via GeForce Experience and we're having a blast. That, and at this stage of a football game's lifespan, I need aesthetic mods to freshen things up.
You were playing using GameStream Co-op, right?

I tried to play with my friend using GameStream too, but he keeps getting error for some reason..

You were playing using GameStream Co-op, right?

I tried to play with my friend using GameStream too, but he keeps getting error for some reason..

Been using it to play various games since last fall and it's worked fairly well. If I try to connect to my friend, it never works. He can connect to me just fine, though. He'll get disconnected every once in awhile, but nothing too major.

I got an issue for almost every FIFA I play and that is the league standing. I have noticed that good teams can almost never get more than 21 wins in a season and random teams such as Watford, Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough ends up being 2nd or 3rd. What's going on with that?

This is happening on PES and Football manager also bro,so its not only Fifa
happend to me few times on all of this games Fifa,pes and football manager

Back
Top Bottom