Fallout 4 [PC/PS4/XB1]

That's what the PC version should look like!

Don't be stupid when it gets downgraded for the consoles cos they can't do a stable 30FPS it will look like this..

manic_miner_360_screenshot4.png

Yeah a lot of people are reporting the same, if mine do they'll be arriving to my Sister along with the two pipboy editions next week which I need to get couriered on to Sweden.

I was desperately trying to avoid the leaks, but after seeing (on Twitter) that it's a ten minute walk from one side of the map to the other, and seeing console screenshots that look pretty ropey, I'm starting to regret the MASSIVE amount of hype I've had for this (and the Pip Boy Edition pre-order that cost me £100).

You can easily sell the Pipboy edition for £150 or more on Ebay if you change your mind.

From what I understand the map is bigger than FO3's map and also space is better utilised so that's good enough for me.

Because I'll be waiting for the Pipboy editions to arrive from the UK I need to buy a cheap key so I can play it as soon as it unlocks, anyone seen cheaper than about £28 for a PC key? Would rather buy from GMG but their cheapest offer is only 20% off now so that's £32.

Cheapest is £26.49 from CDKEYS.com

Bit worried that they'll be slow sending out the keys like they were with Fifa IIRC? I'll probably just bite the bullet and go with GMG if no better deals show up on Friday. I know I'll have a spare key to sell at some point when my Pipboy editions arrive.

NO SPOILERS:

I've had the retail PS4 version since Friday and played alot this weekend. I recently emigrated to Dubai so found some backwater shop in the middle of nowhere who sold it me as soon as stock arrived. Still got the Pipboy edition arriving to my UK home next week.

It is excellent, very similar to Fallout 3, and the settlement options seem great. It is one of them where you wish you had ages to put into it, as there is so much to do and explore.

I'm Level 9, so barely scratched the surface, but happy to answer any basic questions if anyone has any.

Cheers

Yup, two from the UK are for the wife and I, originally the Czech one was a backup in case Game screwed up the order, now I'll probably sell it to recoup some of the extra £70 or so I'll be paying in courier costs to get the two from the UK to Sweden.

NO SPOILERS:

I've had the retail PS4 version since Friday and played alot this weekend. I recently emigrated to Dubai so found some backwater shop in the middle of nowhere who sold it me as soon as stock arrived. Still got the Pipboy edition arriving to my UK home next week.

It is excellent, very similar to Fallout 3, and the settlement options seem great. It is one of them where you wish you had ages to put into it, as there is so much to do and explore.

I'm Level 9, so barely scratched the surface, but happy to answer any basic questions if anyone has any.

Cheers

i understand you've barely scratched the surface, but from what you played is the variety of quests better than previous games, not saying previous was bad tho and also are the graphics better than what the videos have shown.

i understand you've barely scratched the surface, but from what you played is the variety of quests better than previous games, not saying previous was bad tho and also are the graphics better than what the videos have shown.

Graphics are fine. People seem to want to pick holes. Yes it isn't cutting edge, but it is great to me, as a huge fan of the series.

Not done many quests at all. Usual sort of get rid of raiders at x location, retrieve dead persons item etc. The Settlement options are quite early on, so you have a few missions which work as a basic tutorial of settlement building.

People moaning about the map forget that like in other games you have the internals of buildings, tunnels below etc.

What I do like is I've come across 3 legendary enemies. For instance a legendary radroach, was much harder to kill, and dropped a cool weapon at the end. Another "bosslike" enemy had a red skull by their name, and destroyed me twice. Leaving that one for another day.

Finished on level 10 last night, got to go to Kuwait for work for a few days so you will all be ahead of me by the time I'm back.

Graphics are fine. People seem to want to pick holes. Yes it isn't cutting edge, but it is great to me, as a huge fan of the series.

Not done many quests at all. Usual sort of get rid of raiders at x location, retrieve dead persons item etc. The Settlement options are quite early on, so you have a few missions which work as a basic tutorial of settlement building.

People moaning about the map forget that like in other games you have the internals of buildings, tunnels below etc.

What I do like is I've come across 3 legendary enemies. For instance a legendary radroach, was much harder to kill, and dropped a cool weapon at the end. Another "bosslike" enemy had a red skull by their name, and destroyed me twice. Leaving that one for another day.

Finished on level 10 last night, got to go to Kuwait for work for a few days so you will all be ahead of me by the time I'm back.

great to hear thanks

Not only my GOTY, it's the best game I've ever played. Forget GTAV, Skyrim, The Last of Us and so many other great games. This is the One.

War... war never changes.

Not only my GOTY, it's the best game I've ever played. Forget GTAV, Skyrim, The Last of Us and so many other great games. This is the One.
That's all very well, until... You get stuck in an elevator.

I'm slightly worried (especially considering that I've ordered the Xbox One version, with the GAME UK website having a freak-out and not allowing me to order the game on PS4 back when they still had stock of it).

Was hoping our box would arrive today but no luck. I suppose this time can be spent deciding who to be.

That's all very well, until... You get stuck in an elevator.

I'm slightly worried (especially considering that I've ordered the Xbox One version, with the GAME UK website having a freak-out and not allowing me to order the game on PS4 back when they still had stock of it).

That would end me. I had something kind of similar in Fallout 3 where I managed to get myself locked in some vault somewhere due to a bug, a REALLY long way into the game.

Kind of unacceptable, and not really 'charming Bethesda'.

I've never seen a bug that can't be gotten around wihtout loading from day old saves though...that's terrifying.

Back
Top Bottom