Earphones

R

Rob92

Hey,

All of my earphones seem to break soon after I get them, and it's pissing me off :P Usually one side stops working so I can only use them in one ear...

I am looking for durable ones that will last me a while, which block background noise and don't let much sound escape for around £30, preferably with tips like this:
FoamSuperTips.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations? Is £30 not enough for good ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Headphones

I want to get some good ones too, if you get those will you let us know if they are as good as the reviews say? Would be useful. :)

Just to be a pedant, these are earphones, not headphones. ;)

There's a pair that I was going to buy and the sound is supposed to be superb for the price that they are, one sec...

Edit: http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/sou...nd-isolating-earphones-pl-11-prodid-1829.html

Try and get some Comply foam tips with the rest of the money, really comfortable and good sound as well :)

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/comply-foam-ear-tips-t400-black-small-3pairs-prodid-2152.html
Thanks, they seem good from the info and reviews, will probably go for these, good price too, thanks :).

I want to get some good ones too, if you get those will you let us know if they are as good as the reviews say? Would be useful. :)

Just to be a pedant, these are earphones, not headphones. ;)
Thread title changed ;)

And yeah, I'll let you know if they are any good

I found those earphones for £17.99 on eBay with free delivery, so I ordered them from there.

Looking to get some of those Comply ear tips, are these the same as the ones Dags linked to?:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Comply-T-400-...420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cb021bb54

They have the same name (T-400) and again, delivery is free, but the SoundMAGIC PL11 earphones are not on the compatibility list on that eBay page, but they are on the HiFiHeadphones link...

I got these not long ago and they sound awesome and are cheap too

https://www.bargainpile.net/soundmagic-pl30-inear-earphones-black-p-127.html?currency=GBP

All of reviews on the net say how good they sound even compared so the high end Monster and Sennheiser headphones

Oh and they come with about 10 different ear buds

EDIT: only just read that you lot are talking about the soundmagic's already :LOL:

These PL30's are better though and i found a cheap site as they are usually £30+ ;)

I got these not long ago and they sound awesome and are cheap too

https://www.bargainpile.net/soundmagic-pl30-inear-earphones-black-p-127.html?currency=GBP

All of reviews on the net say how good they sound even compared so the high end Monster and Sennheiser headphones

Oh and they come with about 10 different ear buds

EDIT: only just read that you lot are talking about the soundmagic's already :LOL:

These PL30's are better though and i found a cheap site as they are usually £30+ ;)
Damn it! (Jack Bauer voice :P)

Already ordered the other ones, but thanks for the link.

The PL11's will hopefully be fine anyway :).

EDIT - Ordered the Comply T-400 foam tips from the links Dags gave. Sorted. :)

The PL11 earphones and the Comply T-400 Tips both arrived today.

Initial impressions are that they both really live up to their reputations from reviews and stuff :).

The sound quality is excellent and they are the most comfortable/best fitting earphones I've ever had, the bass is surprisingly good for in-ear earphones... :).

Thanks Dags, that combo is great, I recommend it :).

How much sound is audible to others when you're using them?

I hate having to have my music on below 50% volume on public transport cos I don't want to piss people off.

How much sound is audible to others when you're using them?

I hate having to have my music on below 50% volume on public transport cos I don't want to piss people off.
I just played some music on them louder than I would usually listen to it, held my fingers over the ends and held them out in front of me and I couldn't hear it, so I'd say that it wouldn't annoy people on public transport.

The way the tips work, you don't really have to have your music on too loud because they block out ambient noise well, so you don't have to drown out other sounds around you.

I hope you like them as much as me :P.

There were a load of spare tips with the earphones - some rubber ones and some foam ones, in different sizes.

I cleaned my old Sennheiser CX200s and tried them with the spare foam tips and they weren't fitted and the sound from them isn't too bad, I never thought of trying different tips in them before, nothing like as good as the PL11s but at least now I have some spares :).

Bump...

Those SoundMagic PL11's stopped working after I accidentally stood on one of them (sound from only one of the earphones) last week, so I ordered some PL30's (the model up) from Amazon.

Love them, the build quality is superb, the sound quality is crisp, and the way they fit over the ears means that they stay in firmly and comfortably even when running.

Only £18.99 on Amazon at the minute;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0030ZERIS

The PL11's served me well for the last 12 months as well, was my own stupid fault breaking them. The SoundMagics are IMO by far the best you can get for £20.

Cheap, but not very cheerful.

Those types of earphones are crap at blocking out ambient noise, and a lot of sound escapes from them meaning people around you can hear what you're listening to.
Also, the sound quality probably isn't great for £1.

Instore at Asda (possibly other supermarkets), there are some JVC in-ear earphones for about a fiver which are good value, and I usually keep some as a backup.

I'd recommend foam tipped ones, especially the PL30s I now own.

On an unrelated note, the Apple earphones that come included with any iPod(/iPhone?) piss me off - tossers always listen to them full blast and it's almost like they have speakers they're that shit! I don't want to listen to your bloody music :RANT:

I use mine at the gym a lot, because the music they play there is shit, and it completely blocks it out :). They're more than loud enough for me, usually I turn it down a couple of notches from maximum on my iPod.

You could always get an amplifier if they're still not loud enough, this seems like the one to have;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0026RJQJ6/ref=asc_df_B0026RJQJ64144731
I doubt you'd need it though.

The earphones are very comfortable, no complains at all there :).

Do they come with different size earbuds? I have some Sony ones and they come with 3 different sizes of buds and I need the large ones. Looking for a cheap-ish replacement and these could be the ones!
Yeah, in the box you get a bag which includes three different sized pairs of foam earbuds, and you also get three sizes of rubber earbuds :).

PL30 users, do you wear yours over the ear or not? I'm not sure if it's just me imagining it but I THINK the bass might be better/louder just hung from the ears normally instead of over the ear?

Over

I bought some Comply tips a few weeks ago and they are brilliant, i would definitely recommend them to anyone

Been looking to buy some new headphones after i got sent some fake Sony XB500's

Might grab some Soundmagic E10's, still pretty cheap and supposed to be a step up from the older PL's.

They do a version with a mic and remote on for the iPhone as well for another tenner.

anyone wanna buy my PL30's cheap cheap :)

I'm keeping them now mate, sorry

I go through phases where i want a new gadget but don't really need it and back then it was headphones and as the Sony's i recieved were fake, i didnt bother with getting anymore.

BTW if your after some good cans the Sonys (i think mentioned in anther thread) should be amazing, i say should becuase mine are fake but still sound very very good so the Sony's will be outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom