Divinity: Original Sin 2

Just put in my first hour. It's so good. I love the heart of the writing, the flexiblity of the game and the sheer freedom you have.

Larian are simply the best at what they do. Sure as hell beats playing another flawed footie game!

I might get this. Can I play like by myself or would I need friends?
I exclusively played the last one as a single player game. Can't imagine it'll be a problem, the AI seems pretty solid.

Also, play on Classic if you're just getting started, it's plenty hard enough!

This is big here in Belgium, it's from a Belgian developer. Is it already out on console...i don't like gaming on PC.

Seeing as this has couch co-op I'm tempted to buy it even though I'm not 100% sure it's my kind of game.

Would I be better off playing the first, first? (I believe they're very similar?)

How does combat work?

Seeing as this has couch co-op I'm tempted to buy it even though I'm not 100% sure it's my kind of game.

Would I be better off playing the first, first? (I believe they're very similar?)

How does combat work?
get it, it's epic! I just had a battle that lasted an hour. Just created a master plan to stay alive. I should have recorded it.
first game is very similar and a GOTY title. But this is better.
combat is turned base and very unpredictable. So many possibilities.
fully voice acted too.

4 in a party, you can split them up as you wish.
I just had a heck of a time on Tactician Mode, i sent Sebille sneaking alone past 3 guards but she got noticed, so the duel was on. She was in grave danger being level 2 and guards level 4. Plane was to keep her alive as long as possible until my other 3 could join the battle. She didn't make it, they smoked her ass, but The Red Prince had something to say about that. He came running in with spear and shield ready to hold them off and save Sebille. Just thinking defense here until Fane and Beast could come. The Red Prince was taking to much damage, so i moved him into another room and only one guard came in. Fane and Beast came to the rescue and we killed that guard and went to revive Sebille.
Took me about an hour to do this. But it was a freaking blast!

Man the voice acting is great. Game has a very beautiful world too. Very hard on tactician mode. Iv'e played with my party split up, it's better like this. You can sneak up on them for a attack.

This game is brutally difficult - but awesome.

Not sure if it'll be common place, but there's a battle where you feel hopelessly outmatched, but then a third party enters, and if you time everything just right, you can have your two enemies just about wipe each other out, and then step in and mop up. Brilliant design.

Back
Top Bottom