Club Thread Rules!

CW

C Dub
Founding Member
6 October 2001
Liverpool
Well due to the increase in the amount of alleged 'banter' in some club threads that now so often seems to turn into personal attacks on other members the mods have had a bit of a chat and decided that something needs to be done before we start losing members due to it.

From here on in all club threads are for chat about upcoming games and how you think the teams thread you are posting in are doing. Any personal attacks or people on the wind-up will see their club thread closed and that member banned for a 7 day period.

We are sorry it has had to come to this but something really needs to be done.

Thanks for reading and to Tim for the original suggestion.

I have stickied this thread but want to keep posting in it so it catched peoples attention from the main page

The wind ups that are out of order are the twatty little 15 year olds all fueled up on Fruit Shoot who come on OMGing and LOLing - then disappear. You shouldn't lock a thread because of their actions.

Tim sorted out the Chelsea thread when there were numpties in there with a simple post and we all moved on. Now something has happened in the Liverpool thread we suddenly see drastic action. I don't see why. I agree with what you're trying to do, but it's not going to stop the twats.

Most regulars seem to get on fine and don't need to be told how to behave. There's just two or three people who really rub each other up the wrong way - which should be for them to sort out themselves.

If you see someone from your thread antagonising (I'm not using 'flaming'!) others in another clubs thread, I think you should have a word with them because at the end of the day, it will attract twats to your thread the next time your team cocks up.

Let's face it, we've all got to be in or around the 30s and should be able to act a little more responsibly!

good idea about banning a user for 7 days but why lock the club thread it is a tad drastic? I agree with T Butcher as its just a few user antagonising certain users.

I think locking the club thread will make the WUM think twice. Some of them might not be bothered about getting banned for seven days but they might think twice about pissing off a lot of other people that can't post in their thread.

Agree mate. But also some people do take things FAR too seriously and its like we arent allowed to voice an opinion about their club yet they come into our Club Thread and call us all PlayStation generation people who know nothing about Football....

Agree mate. But also some people do take things FAR too seriously and its like we arent allowed to voice an opinion about their club yet they come into our Club Thread and call us all PlayStation generation people who know nothing about Football....

Do you know what though its better being called a playstation generation fan than a tw*t or a c*nt just because you dont agree with my opinion isnt it?

If we all took your stance on things the forum would be up in arms.

I cant believe the AUDACITY of you wanting me banned after some of the stuff you've called me, for daring to discuss things about your club YOU dont agree with or cant be adult enough to discuss.

I don't think antred is to be blamed solely. I've seen some stirring going on. Although antred, you have gone over the line a few times too.

Great idea about locking the threads, means they are shitting in their own backyard. That should quickly put a stop to it. :D

Then we can have some decent discussions instead of the nonsense you see now.

I don't think antred is to be blamed solely. I've seen some stirring going on. Although antred, you have gone over the line a few times too.

Yes i agree you are right, especially after the loss to united, i foolishly expected to be able to discuss the game, instead we just got a ribbing and i lost my temper. Ive been trying to keep things dignified since.

Yes i agree you are right, especially after the loss to united, i foolishly expected to be able to discuss the game, instead we just got a ribbing and i lost my temper. Ive been trying to keep things dignified since.
I've noticed that. Keep it up, mate. :))

Well, I wouldn't go as far closing a club thread. Issue a yellow card to users who are going to far and if they get a second yellow they get banned for 7 days.

:y1:y1:r1

where have I seen this system? :THINK:

a bit suspect when a certain group says it too far...I felt this coming When I saw the bemoan on the shout. I rather some put their frustrations on the web then the streets because at least you can go back and re-read what you said and realized I was out of order or have a trail pointing out your mistakes (mods preferably )

Things to know... fuel feeds fire, water kills it!

I Agree with the principle of the idea but the fact that action has been took since Liverpool fan's are complaining for me is pretty unfair as i've seen this go on for ages in other threads as ours, Arsenals and Chelsea's so why know? but as i said i do agree with the idea

I Agree with the principle of the idea but the fact that action has been took since Liverpool fan's are complaining for me is pretty unfair as i've seen this go on for ages in other threads as ours, Arsenals and Chelsea's so why know? but as i said i do agree with the idea

I hardly go in other threads so dont know how bad its been in there, but in liverpools thread its nearly every 2nd post thats a dig/banter/flame/etc from "outsiders". Its become so much its (nearly) impossible to have a decent football discussion. Whether it happens in other threads or the frequency is irrelevant. No thread should become what the Liverpool thread has become the past month.

Also, why is it that all the pool fans/posters agree with the new rule yet its all the manu/arse fans that dont want the club thread rule to be enforced. Seems obvious to me, you lot posting in here are the decent posters but you know you have quite a few rotten ones.

Last edited:
The fact is that EVERYONE (including myself admitedly) can go over the top at times not just in the football section but the games sections too. It's just ironic that this has been done because a few of the L'pool supporters have moaned and the administrator who has implicated this is, yes you've guessed it: A LIVERPOOL SUPPORTER! :lol:

Nothing has ever been done about the constant bashing in the other football threads before though - maybe Evo-Web could do with a few NEUTRAL administrators? ;)

Anyway, I do agree with these rules and will happily adhere to them.

:)

Last edited:
Actually it was Tim who picked up on all the shit-stirring and I assume was the one who started the ball rolling?

All of these non-Liverpool fans complaining that their thread has been bad before, can you honestly say it's been as bad as ours has been lately?

Yesterday was like a breath of fresh air, nice to go into our thread and have a conversation about Liverpool for a change ;))

But then you get our thread full of Bullshit from Antred.....So I can understand how you feel Darren

Ok just to clarify, read back some of my posts.

I'll tell you what ive posted in your thread the last few weeks.

I posted congrats on you getting through.

Ive posted about how tight i reckoned the semi would be.

Ive posted about how good i think this united side is compared to sides of yesteryear, for which i got a whole load of abuse, which in turn turned into a slagging match.

Apart from that i posted after the man u game and got ribbed constantly even though i had an issue with the ref and in my opinion you do get some favourable treatment and i admit i went over the top a bit.

Hardly bs is it? i dont go in your threads and post pictures when you lose, laugh at you and rub it in do i?

Compare and contrast that to the snidey snipes in our thread from yourselves, blue4life and chicos ill informed rants about heysel, hillsboro etc recently, not to mention constant insults to certain posters.

Theres a world of difference. I think a few dont like me on here because im prepared to argue a point and wont simply bow to the greatness of your team - why you would expect me to i dunno. I've also been called an Alucard for Liverpool. Well i tell you one thing, in no way shape or form am i anything like him. Alucard would only scratch the surface of football debate before coming out with a stream of ill informed opinion, before then resorting to insults via the social aspects of the city, calling us all kinds.

Bottom line is theres more hate in these boards than their ever was with the exception of Alucard. I dont hate Man Utd, its the arrogance i hate. And with arrogance comes the inability to discuss objectively and randomly about football.

Last edited:
This thread is a case in point...

Bottom line is theres more hate in these boards than their ever was with the exception of Alucard.

I disagree - there are three or four people who don't get on. That's really it.

Otherwise it's no different to how it was a few years ago - perhaps the subtle art of the wind-up has been forgotten a little bit now that Vannizz rarely visits - but otherwise it functions much the same.

My objection is that because there is nonsense going on in the Liverpool thread involving just a handful of individuals (And I don't care who started it), we all have to suffer.

I agre with T bucher fan, but i also tend to agre with Antred, without really supporting him.
I rarely visit club threads, with the exception of the one about Chelsea. Chelsea fans seem less fanatical than other big club fans.
I never visit the man utd thread, my postings seem to bring out the worst in man utd fans.
i've pointed out more than once that there are lots of glory hunters in the Man Utd thread. A couple of weeks ago i got a PM from a Man utd fan s who i genuinely like and who told me that he began to understood me after their match against Lyon. According to some Man utd fans Lyon is a shit team and fans of Lyon are nobodies...this is only an example, but i think it's strange that people feel superior because their team win silverware, i do not see that they have any merit in whatever win of their team. Now i never react to these things, there ain't no use in doing this.
What i do not like is that people of teams who loose against big teams are seen as inferior, stupid, cunts... (same goes for the endless discussions between PS3 and XBox360 or FIFA-PES). It also occured to me that someone who is (over) reacting against Antred in this thread is constantly at the centre of those endless discussions (PS3-XBox360 in particular).
It's a pity that mods do not react more when things like that happen, so i think what Tim tried to do is very good.

i've said this quite a few times and some people call it silly rants (i use Placebo's words, but i'm not meaning him in particular, because when he pointed this out, i thought he was right and i apologized)...i think that sometimes there is not enough respect for other people's opinions. Terry is right it's only 4 or 5 people but they are rarely corrected.

this is not meant as a silly rant, just my two cents...

PS: i just corrected a lot of the typo's in this reaction: sorry...

Last edited:
gerd said:
It also occured to me that someone who is (over) reacting against Antred in this thread is constantly at the centre of those endless discussions (PS3-XBox360 in particular).
Gerd taking a shot at me as per fucking usual! what the fuck is your problem with me?

FYI Antred when the hell do I ever go into your Beloved Liverpool Thread and start giving you lot a hard time? I dont simple as!

Last edited:
Gerd taking a shot at me as per fucking usual! what the fuck is your problem with me?

FYI Antred when the hell do I ever go into your Beloved Liverpool Thread and start giving you lot a hard time? I dont simple as!

Dude, chill out! :SMOKIN:

I wish we had enough posters flaming in our club thread for it to be a problem :cry: :lol:

Feel free to come take the piss out of West Ham in our thread,- I'm a grown up and couldn't give a fuck.

If a Man Utd fan or Liverpool fan are pissed off at something and can't go and rant in a clubs thread... think of that song in South Park and come to our thread...

Times have changed,
our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents they just want to fart and curse

Should we blame the government?

Or blame society?

Or should we blame the images on TV?

No, BLAME WEST HAM, BLAME WEST HAM!!!

We will take you in :)

I wish we had enough posters flaming in our club thread for it to be a problem :cry: :lol:

As usual steevio is light hearted and humourous, buthe has touchd one of the problems...it seems there are only fans of the big clubs on this forum.

There is Steevio for West ham
There are a couple of Spurs fans (you can count me among them, although i also like Arsenal....OOPS FATAL MISTAKE).
There are a couple of Newcastle Utd fans.
A Derby fan.
A Tranmere Rovers Fan.
Some Evertonians (a team that i like much too).
Maybe even a Birmingham fan and two or three Man City fans
But hunderds of Arsenal, Man Utd and (less) Chelsea fans...

DJ, i have nothing particular against you...it's all in my post...or maybe just start re-reading a couple of your last posts...but don't worry i have the same effect on other people...we are not that different. Did not meant to hurt you, if so: i'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom