Kick Off Revival

Always preferred the gameplay of Kick Off over Sensi, Player Manager was my favourite game of the genre, although in complete honesty I have zero interest in playing revivals of either series, technology and time has forgotten them.

Awesome games, I can still remember the Actua Soccer 3 intro, it was amazing, you could also steal yards on throw ins by walking down the line.
PES & FIFA could be far more realistic in this respect...

I just remember my mate beating me over and over by passing the ball to Ole Gunnar Solksjaer. Those were the days.

Yeah i was shit at the game, the commentary was great though, good old Barry Davies.

Certainly looks a hell of a lot better than the sensi revival, I wouldn't play either though I don't do retro, I was there for the first go around!

Looks good.
If I had a PS4 I'd get it, purely nostalgic reasons though.

Jeez .. nothing on PC .... dear me.

I remember this on my Amiga 500 (or was in my spectrum plus or commodore 64 .. i forget now :CURSE: ) playing 2 player at a friends and always wanting to create a penalty because the northern accent of the commentator when he said "penalty" or "goal" would have us in stitches .. sounded like a flat cap wearing (any cap style) drunk :SMUG::P

Last edited:
This has been confirmed it is a 6 month exclusive for PS4 - So will eventually come out on other systems.

"The new version of Kick Off is only exclusive to PlayStation platforms for six months, it has been confirmed.

The PlayStation exclusivity was announced back in October, but the six-month period was only confirmed yesterday to Videogamer by a spokesperson for the game.

Publisher Maximum Games did not specify any release date or mentioned the platforms on which the game could arrive, however.

The football sim is launching on PS4 and Vita this Friday (June 24th).

Dino Dini’s Kick Off Revival's creator Dino Dini has previously said the release will have ‘the spirit of the old games’.

He added of Sony’s role in this comeback: “As I saw that the industry was beginning to change and embrace the indie spirit again, I knew I had to try one more time.

“The revival started when Shahid Ahmad, director of strategic content at SCEE, took an interest in my story and, to my pleasant surprise, offered to send me a PS Vita development kit,” Dini continued. "At first the challenge was finding the time to work on a prototype in my spare time. Eventually I was able to show a demo, and Sony offered to help me get the game made.”

It’s the first new entry in the franchise since Kick Off ‘02, which released at the end of 2001 on PSOne, PS2 and PC."

I'd love to read a review, but I'm expecting the main review sites (i.e. not the retro ones which are bound to lap it up) to confirm that it can't really compare to PES & FIFA, or even offer a real alternative.

Here's hoping I'm wrong, though!

I'd love to read a review, but I'm expecting the main review sites (i.e. not the retro ones which are bound to lap it up) to confirm that it can't really compare to PES & FIFA, or even offer a real alternative.

Here's hoping I'm wrong, though!

It's not designed to be an alternative to PES or FIFA, it is going to be like the old Sensi/Kick Off where the quick multiplayer fun takes over the boring drab of playing the same match over and over.

But then I am biased slightly as I personally never had as much fun playing multiplayer football games than SWOS and Kick Off.

Last edited:
mine arrived going to be a tough game to master but enjoyable so far. Only the euros teams in it at the moment, not sure on the plans to expand that. Will be great for something different.

Any specific questions?

Back
Top Bottom