?

• Total voters

gabe.paul.logan

Retired Footballer
7 January 2007
Budapest
Hungary
mxOmq2k.png

To continue this a bit dated thread with a poll.

Sorry but the poll is a bit limited so make comment for these:
Goal Storm
World Soccer Winning Eleven
ISS Pro / Goal Storm
Winning Eleven 97
Winning Eleven 3

Last edited:
Re: Whats your favourite PES/WE title?

PES 6, although bear in mind most of reasons below apply to PES 5 too. It's just matter of preference. If PES 6 wasn't an option, then probably I would vote for PES 5 which I've played for few months on PS2 between 2006 and 2007 and good lord was it a joy. Also I have to give honourable mention to PES 2013, while I can't get into it, many of my friends did and I can see why. There is definitely something decent about this game.

Anyway, PES 6:

1.) It remains by far most complete football game in PES series. Everything that's supposed to be in football game is there. Period. You might argue about eight directions - fine, pass assistance - fine, but whoever came up with this designs had clear vision how to make them, and actually made them right. Made them WORK which becomes less and less obvious with more modern games, not only PES. Some features might be simple, some underwhelming, but at least they work as intended.

I do not have time nor money to support maybe next year they will get it right or base is there now they will build upon it. No. Games, just like about any products manufactured by any company on this planet are supposed to be finished. Simple, but finished. PES 6 is finished. Somebody started making this game, went through the process and completed it.

2.) Modders in general that vastly extended and IMHO turned this game from great to immortal. For example I've heard you guys are bored of Master League with three stadiums, hahaha xddddddddd, I have no such problem :D Not to mention modders version of PES 6 online server and online roster tools. I've managed to set up my own private PES 6 server in like twenty minutes. No input lags, connections lost, establishing communications, lag cheaters, no-lag cheaters, it's unbelievable. You can actually play the game, with no issues whatsoever, which is amazing for long unsupported title which has its servers turned off for years.

3.) Gameplay, which remains incredibly balanced and provides great fun despite many simple designs. All in all it is a game, it's supposed to simply be fun. And game puts a player through a test of his skills, not only in button-pressing but also thinking department. Naturally sooner or later anyone will overcome AI, it's just a nature of things. Online matches with my friends were some of the best gaming experiences ever. Football game does not have to be complicated - I honestly laugh at all "football simulators" and stuff, there are so many things to consider when simulating something I can safely say neither PES nor FIFA will ever reach level of simulation. Immersion and fun come from great balance of all gameplay elements, not some sort of overblown "simulator" factor.

TL;DR: Incredibly polished, supported by modders for a decade, greatly balanced football game. Not a simulation, not at all, just amazingly crafted piece of a computer game. Easy as that.

Last edited:

It would be nice to explain the choice.

I personally chose PES 6. Why ? Because:
-Great player individuality
-Biggest collection of faces/kits/boots/balls/stadiums ever on a football game
-fun gameplay
-Amazing patches
-Best master league
-Stat-centric game
-Etc...

Haven't voted yet as for the last 10 years I would have said PES 5 on the PS2, BUT and its a big BUT, I have just discovered PES 2013 on the PS3.

PES 5 has been fantastic and continues to be fantastic while playing against my brother, but against CPU it is easy now. Even with all the tweaks and stat changes that I have tried over the last 5 years.

When I first played PES 2013 on the PS3 I could not defend and didn't have the patience. But now against the CPU, I have worked out how to block the channels, to time the tackles right. When you do that, the CPU plays differently. Each team plays differently. I played as QPR v West Ham in the FA cup and West Ham just kept pumping the ball up to Carroll. (It's an old option file as I know West Ham don't play like that now). They were 1-0 up and then had a penalty. Our keeper saved and we broke away and Kranjcar scored a curler from outside the box. We eventually lost but it was a great game.

I am finding it so realistic and also frustrating when I miss a chance. But when I score it is FANTASTIC, just like PES 5 was. Fist pumping, recording replays, recording saves....

So I am going to hold off my vote for now.

What I do know is that PES 2016, 2015, and 2014 will not be getting a vote from me. ;)

its a multiple choice poll guys ofcourse! sorry for the misunderstanding

Ooops didn't realise, I love multiple choice. PES 5 and PES 2013 are the best. :APPLAUD:

Geeee me main man what's the crack? Don't be giving out about Pes 2014.

Lol, the crack is that I've given out about PES 2014. :P

How you doing?

What do you prefer about 2014?

Ooops didn't realise, I love multiple choice. PES 5 and PES 2013 are the best. :APPLAUD:

Lol, the crack is that I've given out about PES 2014. :P

How you doing?

What do you prefer about 2014?

Sound buddy ah man Pes 2014 was brill if a bit too easy. . the graphics the animations, midfield battles etc, how come you haven't played 2013 before . . that was a great game as well.

Geeee they should have built on 2014 it was a completely new direction but they bottled it and tried to recreate pes 6. . 2015 was too basic and bare bones for me.. .since the patch yesterday 2016 is playing great.

Btw are you in shock . Spurs actually won lol!

Where's WE9LE?

omg...you are right. just tried it for two games because of your comment. that game so far beats PES 6 hands down :O the shooting is much better because it doesnt have that quick powerbar load up when its a tight situation but shots are more varied instead and the AI is amazing even on exhibition altough i concider myself as a PES 6 expert. you'll have similar shooting stat with it and the defence on both sides are harder to break down than in PES 6. these what i miss in PES 6

and guess what PES 2016 i had 20 fouls in two 10 minute games + about 6 advantages in WE9 :D

too bad for lack of patches especially stadiums for this game :/ but it has that one more game feel to it even agains the cpu. it defo stays installed now

Sound buddy ah man Pes 2014 was brill if a bit too easy. . the graphics the animations, midfield battles etc, how come you haven't played 2013 before . . that was a great game as well.

Geeee they should have built on 2014 it was a completely new direction but they bottled it and tried to recreate pes 6. . 2015 was too basic and bare bones for me.. .since the patch yesterday 2016 is playing great.

Btw are you in shock . Spurs actually won lol!

The problem I had for a while is that I was always comparing games to PES5 so when I played 2013 I was getting frustrated with CPU through balls and every time I gave a foul it was a booking, also trying manual everything was doing my head in. And there was a lot of negative posts regarding no league mode and magic boots. So all that swirling around in my brain put me off.

But since then I have found 5 too easy and need a challenge. Started reading more positive posts about 2013 and decided to give it a go and be more patient. Now I've got the hang of defending and full manual and it has all clicked into place.

I may give 2014 a go again but one thing which bugged me, being stat man, is that in 2014 it doesn't giving you much info about your opponent. Like how many bookings and goals and assists each player has, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've also tried 2016 since the latest patch and turned it off at half time to play 2013. You play on PS3 don't know? Have you noticed the scrolling plays catch up all the time? Maybe we could have a game online one day?

Also, yes I was shocked by the Spurs win, but more shocked by Leeds winning at home :P

The problem I had for a while is that I was always comparing games to PES5 so when I played 2013 I was getting frustrated with CPU through balls and every time I gave a foul it was a booking, also trying manual everything was doing my head in. And there was a lot of negative posts regarding no league mode and magic boots. So all that swirling around in my brain put me off.

But since then I have found 5 too easy and need a challenge. Started reading more positive posts about 2013 and decided to give it a go and be more patient. Now I've got the hang of defending and full manual and it has all clicked into place.

I may give 2014 a go again but one thing which bugged me, being stat man, is that in 2014 it doesn't giving you much info about your opponent. Like how many bookings and goals and assists each player has, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've also tried 2016 since the latest patch and turned it off at half time to play 2013. You play on PS3 don't know? Have you noticed the scrolling plays catch up all the time? Maybe we could have a game online one day?

Also, yes I was shocked by the Spurs win, but more shocked by Leeds winning at home :P

Yeh there was fuck all stats and everything else in Pes 2014 most people hated it but I stuck with it and the second last patch was quite good. ..doubt if you'll like it if you didn't like it before.

Wtf is "the scrolling"? Sounds like something out of a horror movie! Geee don't laugh I've never played online before ha ha. I'm in the process of getting a decent tv at the minute. When I'm sorted we'll have a game no probs. If you play like Spurs i'll have a chance lol!

omg...you are right. just tried it for two games because of your comment. that game so far beats PES 6 hands down :O the shooting is much better because it doesnt have that quick powerbar load up when its a tight situation but shots are more varied instead and the AI is amazing even on exhibition altough i concider myself as a PES 6 expert. you'll have similar shooting stat with it and the defence on both sides are harder to break down than in PES 6. these what i miss in PES 6

and guess what PES 2016 i had 20 fouls in two 10 minute games + about 6 advantages in WE9 :D

too bad for lack of patches especially stadiums for this game :/ but it has that one more game feel to it even agains the cpu. it defo stays installed now

Yeah, that game is really awesome. Can't believe you forgot about it :)

You're right about the lack of support from the community for this back then or for pes5. If only juce had implemented more features into his kitserver 5, the game would have shone even more.

Anyway, I voted for ISS pro evo 2, pro evo 2, we8i, pes5 and pes6. Good times :)

Yeh there was fuck all stats and everything else in Pes 2014 most people hated it but I stuck with it and the second last patch was quite good. ..doubt if you'll like it if you didn't like it before.

Wtf is "the scrolling"? Sounds like something out of a horror movie! Geee don't laugh I've never played online before ha ha. I'm in the process of getting a decent tv at the minute. When I'm sorted we'll have a game no probs. If you play like Spurs i'll have a chance lol!

Heh heh I did laugh about the "scrolling".

"Scrolling" is like eh when the screen goes back and forth following the ball.

Example of scrolling platform games. I hope that helps.

http://youtu.be/Ijpkj_KW7-A

Sorry mods that is so off topic just trying to explain. ;)

I just find that in PES 2016 on the PS3 the scrolling is a bit jerky. That doesn't help me to like it. :BLINK:

Yeh let me know when you get a new tv and we can have a game. Also, what patch are you using on 2014?

I used the official Konami patches Geeeeee. . . The second last one was the best . . I don't think you can get them now not sure and I used the option files from Pesfan.it . I've never noticed scrolling until you mentioned it. . yeh it does that a lot. Play a match soon buddy.

Winning Eleven 7 PS2. I'm playing it now best game ever for me
i think this game is most realistic. Dribbling is spot on, balanced. Passing is best in PS2 series imo

Last edited:
ISS 98 for me, not because its the best game technically but because of the memories I have of it, playing mates at the same TV

For its time, it was great and at no point did we ever think; I cant play this because the squads are out of date or the kits dont look perfect etc

Simpler times when games were games and you enjoyed what you had. Im not saying its better that way, but sometimes having less is more.

hmmm well i just did download Winning Eleven Online...its basicly ISS Pro Evo 1 or 2 japanese version for epsxe emulator and you can play it on your pc online too. and its awesome. i think its more fun than what we have nowdays. even my brother installed it on his phone for long flight to play something.
for me the golden era lasted till 2007 imo

anyways why is PES 6 so easy and why there arent so much fouls than in PES 5?!
thats what is backing me off from playing it...and the momentum based shooting in it. in PES 5 shooting just was better and harder. still PES 6 with all the mods holds up graphicaly to the likes of FIFA 14 PC

ISS 98 for me, not because its the best game technically but because of the memories I have of it, playing mates at the same TV

For its time, it was great and at no point did we ever think; I cant play this because the squads are out of date or the kits dont look perfect etc

Simpler times when games were games and you enjoyed what you had. Im not saying its better that way, but sometimes having less is more.

I loved ISS Pro 98 as well with Tony Gubba r.i.p commentating, brings back happy times for me too . .. "He passes the ball, He tries the shot".

Gabe.paul.logan

I played both games( pes 5/6) and i don't know why you say pes 5 shooting is better.for me there is a lot more variation in pes 6. There was too much fouls imo in pes 5, and no cards were given. Pes 5 is as easy as pes 6 for me, but in a different way: pes 6 is easier to attack but more difficult to defend. Pes 5/we9le i can play against cpu and keep possession so easily, they barely have a shot on my goal, but scoring is more difficult.

My personal is only half on the list - but for me Winning Eleven 6 FE on the Gamecube was the version of PES I enjoyed the most..

Also always much preferred WE over PES due to the much slower less arcardy gameplay.

PES6 has the most happy memories; going to work bleary-eyed most days after sneaking out of bed at 2am for illicit online sessions.

One thing I really miss from back then is the option to replay your online opponent.

For me it has to be Pro Evolution 3.

PES1 was great, PES2 was quite simply sublime, and PES3 continued the trend by being just that bit better, just that bit sleeker, and just that bit more like the real beautiful game. For me it was beyond sublime, Quite simply the best football game ever on a console. In my view this still stands to this day. Really does.

Everything you could want in a football game was here. A far more realistic master league, which featured 4 seperate leagues each split into two divisions, which led to a champions league style tournament between the top teams of each league.

Player transfers between teams were tweaked to near perfection: you could no longer acquire players with no club team for free, which made for a much more balanced master league experience.

Players performed the duties they performed in real life. Zidane was a playmaker with incredible skill, Roberto Carlos powered down the wing and shot from long distance, David Seaman let a lot of poor shots past him.

The gameplay was honed to perfection. Matches could be high scoring or they could be 0-0 affairs where nothing you do works.

It was all down to you - if you had the skill, you could pull something special out of the bag. If you're just running straight at the goal, more often then not you'll be broken down and counter-attacked. Your players have varying morale and fitness - if you don't rest key men you can find yourself suffering at the hands of a team far below you in the league.

Celebrations were better also! There were many trademark celebrations, and I was pleased that scoring late in the game made the striker pick the ball out of the net and run back to the centre.

The licence was as always disappointing: But I solved this by purchasing the update disc from amazon, (Yes, do you remember the update discs? if only we could have them nowdays) which was cheap enough and worked perfectly. As a result, this game could not be any better. it helped make a great game absolutely irresistable.

The commentary was fine, and functional. There are some pretty nifty comments (although I was disappointed that PES2's 'that's the shot of a master!' had been removed) but it is mostly unspectacular.

One player was fantastic, as were exhibition matches or tournaments with two or more players. You could kill many hours on PES3 multiplayer.

It is often said, but it needs saying again. PES3 was how football is supposed to be. It flowed, it was realistic, and when it all came together, it felt brilliant.

As a totally online player I voted for PES2011.
Personally i liked PES2013 a lot, because manual passing and shooting was great there. But in 2011 pass assistance was low and for everybody and people were not splitted in groups(passing assists OFF/level1-5).
Plus Master League Online was very good compared to MyClub today, which is not really "MyClub" - "MyRandomClub".. f...carousel

Back
Top Bottom