PES 2016 Tactics Thread

klashman69

Fight the Power!
28 November 2007
I Travel.
This first page will most likely change, but for now until hopefully tomorrow when i upload a few teams something to share.

There is a bug, an issue with the AI which is holding the game back. The Ai 'Back off' in certain situations which creates an inconsistency when you use high press tactics 'Frontline pressure'. I've been playing a lot and watching a lot of CPU vs CPU and whats happening now is the game plays well but there you get an inconsistency from the CPU in tackling you which presents easy goals here and there.

One sizeable change from last years tactics is again in regards to pressing, if you want to pressure aggressively high up the pitch when using 'Out of Possession'Formations make sure you wingers STAY as wingers and don't make them become midfielders. Last year it was better to change them into wide midfielders to help out even the pres but this year.

I've tried and tested about 10 Premier League teams i'm happy with and i'll try to get them out as soon as possible.

All in all, i have said this eevry year since PES 2014. For PES to get to the promised land, i needs to evolve the gameplay from getting that responsiveness back to the level of PES 2013. This game has that base and animation power to make it happen next year.

No. Just me.

PES Galaxy usually use my tactics in their patches when released.

We are all waiting for the update and gameplay patch.

Hi. This year i will upload a Excel spreadsheet of tactics values which will have as many teams as possible listed so if i cant get the full formation out i will still have values for most teams in the game.

Helps copy and pasting team sets for certain teams which play in similar ways.

Hopefully if photoshop stops crashing i will upload teams today.

Nice one, Klash.

However, this year i'm having much more balanced games with fluid formation off and only changing between the 3 preset tactics during the game.

Nice one, Klash.

However, this year i'm having much more balanced games with fluid formation off and only changing between the 3 preset tactics during the game.

I was going to ask. Which one is better, fluid formation on or off?

I was going to ask. Which one is better, fluid formation on or off?
I'm using it off and having better games after playing a full season with it on. I think it may be due the fact that 90% of the teams don't have any change at all with fluid formation and playing against those teams was resulting in my players being cough too much out of position while the CPU was always perfectly organized.

For example, i was taking the same goal by the CPU where it sends a long ball from midfield to the solo attacker that receives the pass in front of my defender to score an easy goal, it was happening a lot. Now with fluid off in my second season it's happening very rarely because my DM and CB are not caught out of position anymore. I am also finding the game with lower scores and with more midfield battles.

I think that fluid formation may work for subtle changes or maybe in a league with 100% if the teams using it right... I may test the ones from Klashman to see if they unbalance the game for me like they are doing right now.

I'm using it off and having better games after playing a full season with it on. I think it may be due the fact that 90% of the teams don't have any change at all with fluid formation and playing against those teams was resulting in my players being cough too much out of position while the CPU was always perfectly organized.

For example, i was taking the same goal by the CPU where it sends a long ball from midfield to the solo attacker that receives the pass in front of my defender to score an easy goal, it was happening a lot. Now with fluid off in my second season it's happening very rarely because my DM and CB are not caught out of position anymore. I am also finding the game with lower scores and with more midfield battles.

I think that fluid formation may work for subtle changes or maybe in a league with 100% if the teams using it right... I may test the ones from Klashman to see if they unbalance the game for me like they are doing right now.

Ah, I see. I'll try it without on. Thanks.

Ah, I see. I'll try turning it off. Thanks.

Nice one, Klash.

yeah i noticed that too.

When you give the CPU fluid formation settings though you literally have to learn the game all over again from scratch.

The difference to sum it up, its like playing a new videogame or a new football game. I've played 4 games in league mode and only managed one draw and lost the rest. Its hard. Much harder than without fluid formation. I've literally had to throw 85% of what i learned how to attack before away.

One great thing i can announce though is the Pressure settings have changed this year so all offensive strategies will be 'Frontline Pressure'. Unlike last year, teams are very effective using a deep defensive line and frontline pressure unlike last year.

Thanks for explaining.

yeah i noticed that too.

When you give the CPU fluid formation settings though you literally have to learn the game all over again from scratch.

The difference to sum it up, its like playing a new videogame or a new football game. I've played 4 games in league mode and only managed one draw and lost the rest. Its hard. Much harder than without fluid formation. I've literally had to throw 85% of what i learned how to attack before away.

One great thing i can announce though is the Pressure settings have changed this year so all offensive strategies will be 'Frontline Pressure'. Unlike last year, teams are very effective using a deep defensive line and frontline pressure unlike last year.

hm intresting, ill try it

Jumped into this thread and I'm loving it as the first Day !!
Klash you're doing a magnificent job as usual!
I dont think To have too much time this year, but I follow this thread and I hope To give an help as well if necessary.

It would be great To see a patch with tactics integrated... Are they already working in PES galaxy ?

Dont worry they use it. You can tell. They use whatever is set there

again, no matter what i set up in edit mode. i dont even have to change sides in exhibition just go to the gameplan menu and all i see is fluid formation turned on on the cpus side, i see the 3 pages

Last edited:
Oh shit, i thought you meant they dont use it? Yeah i see that too.

I'm 100% sure the CPU just use what you set them in edit mode. I've done all my tactics for the Premier League and the entire game has changed now.

For example on default formations you get these 4-4, 3-3 crazy matches. Every match even using the 1 bar easy pass system on 0 gamespeed now finishes with balanced results.

thats all cool, but im afraid fluid formation cant be turned off for the cpu. tried different methods. setting up edit mode doesnt make any difference either. wich i concider a bug. i'll report it to officialpes

youll game is probably fine Klash because you sat up not so hectic fluid formations i guess like Pes Production did

thats all cool, but im afraid fluid formation cant be turned off for the cpu. tried different methods. setting up edit mode doesnt make any difference either. wich i concider a bug. i'll report it to officialpes

youll game is probably fine Klash because you sat up not so hectic fluid formations i guess like Pes Production did

Yes, the biggest difference is the defensive midfielder or midfielders don't allow so much easy space through the middle like the default :))

Last edited:
Hi Klash

Can you share your premier league tactics please.
Used yours on pes2015 and they were great.

Got a bit of spare time tonight so hopefully you can share prem tactics so I can get cracking

Cheers

Klashman - I've been an admirer of your work for a while.

I was wondering if you had any advice for me trying to edit some formations for the Brazilian and Argentinian leagues? I don't mean specific tactics for specific teams- just traits of how football is played in those countries. Just to hopefully make it a bit more authentic, rather than use the same tactics as European teams.

Thanks in advance!

I've asked a couple times in other threads but no answer. Is there a way to edit the tactics so it'll be used in ML? Or using juce's sider to edit the opponent's tactics the only way to do it in PC? What modes (Cups, Exhibition, etc) uses the edits?

Thank you for any answer.

I've asked a couple times in other threads but no answer. Is there a way to edit the tactics so it'll be used in ML? Or using juce's sider to edit the opponent's tactics the only way to do it in PC? What modes (Cups, Exhibition, etc) uses the edits?

Thank you for any answer.

Go to extra > Edit > Teams > select the team > Game plan

Back
Top Bottom