PES 2016 on PS3 - impressions?

adotz82

Non-League
26 November 2012
Hi guys,
Reading all PES 2016 feedback on different threads, I wasn't sure how much of it actually relates to PES 2016 PS3 version.
So, I (and probably a lot of you out there) would like to hear impressions that are exclusively for PS3 version.

First things I would like to ask are:
Are there entrance scenes in PS3 version?
Are the menus still sluggish (like in PES 2015) or have they been improved?
Is the overall impression great or is there a feeling of toned-down version of a great PS4 game?

I bought the PS3 version although I don't think there is long before I upgrade to PS4. Guess it's that PES fever, and also my PS3 will go to my brother when I upgrade so he will have use of the game.

Game has maybe not clicked with me so far, the lack of transfers and kits have never annoyed me as much as now. No entrance scenes that I have noticed, menus seem similar but I don't remember them being all that sluggish last year.

I'd have to play the PS4 version to see if this is a toned down version or what.

I'm having a blast with it, multiplayer on -2 speed for a great night with the lads. Have to try it online.

After dozens of games I have to say I'm impressed, vry well balanced, fluid, the animations are smoother, the 0 assists is just lovely, as well as the control, responsiveness, long balls and build up play, also the shooting I think much improved though I only play on basic.

Don't know if I've played enough to see if any of the minor annoyances turn into major flaws, I'm finding more fouls than in PES15 which is great.

ML is amazing with it, not sure about online or exhibition. and there will be option files & patches for it aswell, you can import own chants for teams/players team callnames via usb. so i guess if it drops from its prize it will worth it. just saying because in my country the PS3 version cost almost as much as the PS4 wich is disturbing

PS3 version is offering up a thoroughly enjoyable gameplay experience in its own right. My early impressions are such that, like PES2015 before it, Konami have made the best football of last-gen. That might sound like faint praise but it isn't, considering it is a completely different, much smaller in size, development team tasked with producing the PS3 version. Good stuff.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it chaps :)

I'm still yet to find an option file though, even though I've downloaded the one from PesGaming.

I have the Digital Download, so I have no idea what that BLES is ? Also, the file with all the emblems and kits from PesGaming, doesn't actually have a Saved Data file with it. So even though I've successfully copied all 203 of the files over, they don't show ..??'!!

I assume this is due to the fact there isn't a Saved Data file to attribute them to as there normally would be ..?!!

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance ;)

Only played a game or so but not good so far. I can dribble like a god with centre backs and mediocre players such as gary medel. I even took goalkeeper Bravo for a run, beated several players and almost ended up scoring (proffessional difficulty, manual controls).

- No entrance scene
- Menus are bit better but still slugghish (takes forever to go on line)
- Resolution is lower than the demo to compensante the huge framerate issues (you will notice that more on far away cameras)
- Stats are quite useless, as someone mention you can go coast to coast in superstart with the likes bonucci and chiellini. I also tried minimizing some stats for some players (passing, crossing, shooting), it has no whatsoever effect on gameplay
- Lack of stadia is really a game killer in its own, the 2 stadia out of the 14 i managed to like are san siro and old trafford.
- Games at night are as flat as usual lightwise
- Players models is way off, reminds me those pes 2010 huge ass player. Not sure why they changed it, it was good from pes 2011 on.

Back in the days at least London FC would wear a default blu generic kit, these days they are yellow....

Other presentation issues are still there, like crappy replays, hightlights, bad referees.

On line is the usual ping pong mess, provided there is no lag. Lack of on line cameras is really pathetic as i can't play on my fav setting.

Overall it looks and feels very similar to pes 2015 and a step back from the demo.

pes 13 still a lot better on ps3. there's a new update for it if you want it for ps3 over at pesgaming. I'm planning to jailbreak my ps3 actually so I can have modded pes 10, 11 and 13. I'm not into computers unfortunately.

If you are still looking for an option file for the ps3 version I found one on pesgalaxy
Installed it last night - not complete but corrects names, EPL strips, cups, logos etc - version for both bles and blus versions in that link.

If you are still looking for an option file for the ps3 version I found one on pesgalaxy
Installed it last night - not complete but corrects names, EPL strips, cups, logos etc - version for both bles and blus versions in that link.
Thistle fan? We are going down this season I fear.

Thistle fan? We are going down this season I fear.

Season ticket holder:). Wish I could disagree but I think you might be right! Hopefully Edwards will be a decent addition. 3 points on Saturday at Motherwell to jump start the season;)

I still can't get this new option file to work :(

What I do find strange, is that I have no PES 16 Game Data or Edit File on my PS3's Saved Game Utility screen ?!!

This is so strange, as I've edited stuff on PES 16, and the system shows it loading Edit Data..???!!

I can only assume this has something to do with this being a Digital Download ?!

Very puzzled here :CONFUSE:

Sorry mate. Don't know what the problem might be. I am using the disk version and the file is working on that. If you copy the stuff into your saved data utility does it just not copy or what?

Sorry mate. Don't know what the problem might be. I am using the disk version and the file is working on that. If you copy the stuff into your saved data utility does it just not copy or what?

It's definitely a Digital Download thing mate, what a waste of £40.

It's like this Digital Download Save Data/Edit Data is stored somewhere within the Digital Download Game File itself.

When I look on my Game Data Utility, I have Data Pack files and Edit Data files for every PES going back years. But there is no PES 16 Data Pack or Edit Data file showing.

Which basically means, I can never use an option file on it, as it has nothing visible to 'overwrite'.

For this reason alone, and the fact that this type of thing pisses me off, I ain't buying a disc version of PES 16 as well, instead I will just buy a PS4. Out of spite and anger more than anything.

wow, i didn't know about that.
if that's the case it will be the same to me. :( will check as soon as i get home

Glad to hear you're enjoying it chaps :)

I'm still yet to find an option file though, even though I've downloaded the one from PesGaming.

I have the Digital Download, so I have no idea what that BLES is ? Also, the file with all the emblems and kits from PesGaming, doesn't actually have a Saved Data file with it. So even though I've successfully copied all 203 of the files over, they don't show ..??'!!

I assume this is due to the fact there isn't a Saved Data file to attribute them to as there normally would be ..?!!

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance ;)

I got the Evolution one...I think it was from PESGALAXY.. it worked for me... Takes a while for the logos to show in the team selection and they disappear but kits are all there and commentary says correct team names like stoke and norwich etc...Dont know if it was like this originally anyway as I never tried to play any EPL teams. I'm working on trying to find out how to do the chants. Hopefully someone can help as I've got the 2015 V1.4 chants pack and can extract the files as MP3 or Wav. Looking into this now.

Last edited:
PES 6 on PS2 was last time I did any editing for PES. Everything up until now just hasn't done it for me... Glad to see them finally sort it. 1 step back, 2 steps forward as they say. I think PES2016 plays so much like PES6 and I believe thats why so many people are loving it again.

Thanks for these impressions... basically buy both games and not to start a fight, but FIFA is a joke on PS3 this year.

bring on the EVO

Jimmy - Don't know if you are still looking for an option file but I came across this - has link for an option file for the digital download version

demo was way better in gameplay, visual and AI. It had huge framerate issues though, so my guess they had to dumb things down.

Is this the general consensus? 'Cause I'm really loving the demo, especially because of the AI... And I didn't experience any frame rate issues to speak of. I would hate to see my team mates' AI dumbed down only to fix issues I don't believe are there. Why is this always the case with PES? Why is the demo always better than the final version? In every other video game's case I can think of, the opposite is the case: the final version is better than the demo...

So far, I'm really happy with the full game when comparing to the demo. The graphics might not be quite as good as in the demo, but I don't feel a significant change in gameplay.

Loving this game, btw. Much more than the last 4 iterations...

hey guys what option file is everyone using this year

I'm using the EVOLUTION option file from pesgaming. It's really good. However, I will switch to the CYPES option file (also from pesgaming) once they've updated to a datapack compatible version. Mostly because I want the Bundesliga in there...

totally agree and masterleageu on PS3 :SMUG::SMUG::SMUG::SMUG::P

Right? I'm 15 games into my Master League on PS3 and absolutely loving it! I haven't been this excited about a PES game for years!

I have the PS4 version, but have played the PS3 demo and really liked it, it seems weirdly better in some ways. The softer look actually gives it more of a 'classic PES' feel maybe.

On a side note, does anybody know of a PS3 PES 2013 option file knocking around that would be slightly up to date?

Back
Top Bottom