Fallout 4 [PC/PS4/XB1]

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
Officially confirmed:

The game is coming out on PS4, Xbox One and PC, but beyond that the specifics remain unknown. An official site is live, but the video at the centre of it remains flagged up as ‘private’. Also not yet functional are the links to the retailers for pre-orders.

The teaser website spotted yesterday continues to countdown to 3pm today, when presumably more details will be revealed.

Trailer:

Fallout 4 Teaser Trailer

Last edited:
CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!
I've known you a while and this is the most emotion I've ever known you register.

But... I echo this statement. :D

As long as it's not Fallout 3.5, which is my only worry looking at that trailer (and after getting used to Witcher and realising the RPG elements of Bethesda games could do with some modernising, I hope there's some changes to the mechanics - even slight ones).

I've known you a while and this is the most emotion I've ever known you register.

But... I echo this statement. :D

As long as it's not Fallout 3.5, which is my only worry looking at that trailer (and after getting used to Witcher and realising the RPG elements of Bethesda games could do with some modernising, I hope there's some changes to the mechanics - even slight ones).

Fallout New Vegas was Fallout 3.5

I LOVED F3, but New Vegas left me feeling very disappointed. I wanted to VATS it.

Fallout New Vegas was Fallout 3.5

I LOVED F3, but New Vegas left me feeling very disappointed. I wanted to VATS it.
It was a different dev, wasn't it?

I finished 3 and all the DLC, loved it, barely started New Vegas. I enjoyed what I played of it but it didn't grab me enough, just felt too similar to me.

I know loads of reviews that talk about the moral system though, and that the decisions aren't all black and white good or evil, and heaped praise on it for that.

Why didn't you like it (I was planning to go back to it after I finish Witcher 2, then Witcher 3 - so probably next year)...?

It was a different dev, wasn't it?

I finished 3 and all the DLC, loved it, barely started New Vegas. I enjoyed what I played of it but it didn't grab me enough, just felt too similar to me.

I know loads of reviews that talk about the moral system though, and that the decisions aren't all black and white good or evil, and heaped praise on it for that.

Why didn't you like it (I was planning to go back to it after I finish Witcher 2, then Witcher 3 - so probably next year)...?

I think I enjoyed Fallout 3 so much, the "alternate" environment left me a little cold. It was still a good game, admittedly - and the critic reviews are testament to this - but I didn't feel the urge to complete it and for that reason it bored me.

LOL probably true yes, Fallout 3 (&NV) and Skyrim are very special games to me, not least because my wife loves the two as much as I do, and the Brotherhood of Steel was probably the first action figure from a game that I got!

PyBJpJc.jpg

Slightly dwarfed by this one:

V0MGq4i.jpg

that arrived this week :)

I've got that same figure, and one of the blonde-haired bobbleheads too - though it only serves to remind me that, in Fallout 3, after pouring nearly 100 hours into it including the DLC, I missed out on the 100% bobbleheads achievement after doing a bit of the game that you can't go back to and not realising there was a bobblehead there. :CRY:

I thought as if the fishtank actually were the house of the action figure, and you took it out of the fishtank for a while to take a picture of it, and to pretend not to have a bizarre taste as well.:D

Last edited:
looks amazing, fo3 and nv were both ace so im cant wait for this, preferred nv though because of the various endings, and it was more interesting story than fo3 imo..

I thought as if the fishtank actually were the house of the action figure, and you took it out of the fishtank for a while to take a picture of it, and to pretend not to have a bizarre taste as well.:D

LOL interesting idea, not sure it'd fit inside the aquarium though it's huge! ;)

Pip-Boy edition coming here. One gripe with Game.co.uk
Preorder the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition and you'll automatically join the Vault Club, including a free Pip Boy Bobblehead
His name is feckin' Vault Boy

I removed the "DL FALLOUT CLUB £20 DEPOSIT (Multi Format and Universal) " from the cart and just checked out with the £99 special edition, so do I not get the bobblehead?

I removed the "DL FALLOUT CLUB £20 DEPOSIT (Multi Format and Universal) " from the cart and just checked out with the £99 special edition, so do I not get the bobblehead?
I believe not.

The deposit was optional upon purchase to gain entry into the Club and get the complimentary Bobblehead. We now have £79.99 to pay upon dispatch. First 10,000 pre-orders get (or got) a Vault 111 t-shirt too - possibly this. We had no notification of whether this number had already passed.

Tried to order another PC one but no "buy" button so I assume it meant it had sold out (PS4 was the same but Xbone still had some), noticed something in my cart and somehow I still had 2x more PC editions in my cart plus the weird pre-order thingy, so removed one and purchased it, so in theory I might be ordering 3 of them as my boss in the Czech Republic is going to get me one as well!

Game looks ace. A for sure buy. Loved fallout 3. Never played new Vegas though, So much freedom and customization, esp with weapons. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you could even kill Npcs in fallout 3 and sometimes it affected the story

Game looks ace. A for sure buy. Loved fallout 3. Never played new Vegas though, So much freedom and customization, esp with weapons. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you could even kill Npcs in fallout 3 and sometimes it affected the story

You could kill anyone in Fallout 3.

Back
Top Bottom