>> Dirt Rally - (Successor to RBR Rally Sim)

pesmonkey2013

** CAUTION - FLAMMABLE **
30 November 2013
A TUMBLEWEED
Ahmad Abousamra FC
Exclusive PC title (says quite allot) Early access on steam.

http://www.codemasters.com/game/dirt-rally/

Comparison from simmer who knows about RBR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QModsWuBPZk

Pikes Peak latest track update full replay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXqiQHn0BHc

Already some mods out for camera/liveries:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/dirt-rally.90/

SCREENS:

2869240-ss_9a44283e5fca4a363b7a2853c6b025629c37db28.1920x1080.jpg

2869241-ss_4588bbccc2276d8655f4906ef398849608168bc9.1920x1080.jpg

2869250-ss_4090a4a6baca35d824ed8eb46dea2df81d2ebf26.1920x1080.jpg

2869251-ss_17759ecf62bef9963c2c4f2948c367af254d67d9.1920x1080.jpg

2869243-ss_2e307edba74903461a7c1e30dbf206abf64099f2.1920x1080.jpg

2869253-ss_a4892023fd774e879197a5418e683dbf1521bc8b.1920x1080.jpg

I have been playing the early release (steam) and I have to say at this stage im quit impressed.

I am an avid Richard Burns Rally fan (Those physics for a 2004 game are still to be matched IMHO).

One thing im happy to see are stages that are longer much like RBR as previous dirt rallying was too short.

I dont think it fully matches RBR in terms of physics absolutely but is tailored extremely well for controller, but man its not that far off. Less of a feeling of the classic "pram with a centre wheel" feeling. Using a controller it actually works very well (video above shows a RBR steering wheel player first impressions).

Visually its very impressive esp with night driving, looking forward to what updates come esp if they listen to community about driving wheels and a Hardcore sim level for wheels much like RBR physics.

FPS is smooth (only 1 car on track so no issue with that) and the sound is almost perfect, dare I say incredible on external views on replay).

One bad thing so far is no way to save your replays, I do hope they implement this, with its physics and visuals this needs savable replays! I also don't like how replay forces you back into car view and wing views and switches around, would like to see replays stick fixed to external track cameras to watch car flying past (like RBR).

Anyway if you like RBR and rally sims then its worth it seeing as its early access and this is still being worked on.

Last edited:
Re: Dirt Rally - (If your an RBR Sim fan then take a look)

I sadly can't run this game on my current PC, but it is on top of my wishlist on steam and will be getting it as soon as I get new PC. From what I can see in videos from casual gamers, sim racers and from talking to friends with whom I used to race online in rFactor/GPL/Race07 they are all impressed with this title and are enjoying it. The sooner I get the new PC the better :D

Whats your specs? I have GTX 750 TI 2GB Vram and still lagging along with a dual core AMD 6000+ and it runs 40 FPS + on 90 percent ultra settings.

Its not as CPU intensive if gcard is good enough as its only dealing with 1 cars physics, later online might be a different story when online comes but I am offline mainly anyway.

GTX 750 Ti still lagging :CONFUSE: i think it's lag when u play online so I'm still waiting Dirt Rally coming to console,I heard something news & hope so it's true in near future :THINK:

Codebastards, the rehash master.
F1 2013 = F1 2014 (and got worse)
Grid 2 = Grid Autosport (and got worse).
Dirt 3 ? Dirt Rally (I heard they're almost the same. And I heard there's no SUV cars in the Dirt Rally. Let's wait and see. It's still early access version.)

Last edited:

Dirt 3 ? Dirt Rally (I heard they're almost the same. And I heard there's no SUV cars in the Dirt Rally. Let's wait and see. It's still early access version.)

Hearing and playing is entirely different, people and sim players from RBR (hardcore nerds) are not slagging this off at all, I linked videos about that in first post. I can say its codemasters finally getting a team together to create a rally sim. Your overlooking the obvious, this time they have a rally team via early access (no other games you mention ever did that) so community is feeding back (simmers).

So far with hillclimb update Ive had more enjoyment for 24.99 than any other dirt game. If you check the official website blogs you can see the team are dedicated to rallying, especially check out the co pilot calls, they even strapped up the actual comms kit in a helmet and using a sum to shake the body recorded tension in the voice etc over bumps matching the tracks .. thats not something you do if you want a bland kiddy drive game.

Read it here: https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/blog/4580

Couple of issues are SSD stuttering to do with replay recording which as a temp fix, also using borderless gaming tool you get 16:9 in 4:3 monitors which so far setting has trouble with. Replays are a little "brought over with issued from the previous games" but I hope they look into this and make some changes there is plenty of feedback going on for them on it.

All I can say is, I am a RBR massive fan and since that game most driving or rally hasnt come close, until this. I cranked visuals to max ULTRA and still not FPS issues and man this things looks lovely watching night replays.

This is still at 0.4 version and they are constantly getting error reports via steam, checking twitter and watching all feedback, Im confident at 1.0 release this thing takes over the RBR mantle for sure.

Last edited:
BTW There are plenty of timelined updates to come up until end of year for this, very much enjoying it now learning left foot breaking and also weight ratios for FWD so also tailored setups. Quite addicted to Wales stages using the Rally Cooper S, I do like the underdog :)

Next major update is bug fixes and a new germany stage, cant wait for that ;)

Just noticed they are offering the instant access with 25 percent off ( now only: $26.24 / £18.74).

Worth it for a sim thats taking shape with plenty more to be updated and patched up until the end of the year if its your thing.

If you have the game this is my first skin for it:

Release: 14/06/15 V1.0
Vehicle: MINI COOPER S
Class: 1960s
Replaces: Livery 7 (the plain green livery in-game)
Livery: Fantasy DAIM 3D graffiti (blue & black variant)

DOWNLOAD: http://www.racedepartment.com/downl...ooper-s-fantasy-daim-3d-graffiti-livery.6513/

This is a fantasy livery based on German born 3D artist DAIM (Mirko Reisser's) artwork: http://daim.org

MC_DAIM_BLACK.jpg

MC_DAIM_BLUE.jpg

Features:

- blue & black variant 3D graffiti livery
- supports HD and low texture options
- new wheels/break disc with tinted rims and Dunlop logo tyres
- inner and outer viewable window name strip (rear)/ Cobra Motorsport strip (font) & tax disc
- sporting steering wheel (black with middle marker tape)
- authentic German EU licence plate & EU stickers

- tailored camera.xml with closer view and car shake values set for head-cam & dash-cam:

CAMERA.jpg

CAMERA2.jpg

Installation:

** Backup your original files first! **

1. Pick your color livery choice for blue or black livery (see screen shots) and copy the "cars" folder to:

Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\DiRT Rally\

2. If you want the camera (see camera.jpg & camera2.jpg screen shots supplied) copy the "cars" folder from the "camera" folder to

Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\DiRT Rally\

Thanks to: Ryder25 (EGO PSSG Editor)
Martin Wright (DXTBmp)

Made by WRCMonkey

Last edited:
Error 41 is a known issue and you can switch on beta option to update and bug report error 41 to help CM. Seems its all around not well supported DX10 cards as this is DX11 game (not much of an excuse but they are constantly looking at it).

Check the official CM forum or steam forum about it.

I have GTX750 Ti and not had one issue, so its a certain spec they are bug reporting and trying to nail.

Thank god its not just me posting :)

Yes its pretty sweet seeing as full version isn't out until 2016, Germany stage and updates should be out very soon going by the time-line.

GTX 750 Ti still lagging :CONFUSE: i think it's lag when u play online so I'm still waiting Dirt Rally coming to console,I heard something news & hope so it's true in near future :THINK:

I didnt see this post until now, if your rig is good and your getting lag, turn off "Advanced Blending" in last of the graphics options (scroll to find it) .. its a pure GPU killer with no visual advantage and even hi end GPU's, it will kill any G-card to stupidly low FPS as as soon as you think of turning it on :)

That video was released to highlight the new Germany stage (just out yesterday) and some new cars/kit cars along with whats been released in the timeline so far.

Developer update posted yesterday :

http://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/0/530646715634063658/

Most interesting of all is this quote:

One of the best things about this weekend was watching the drivers from the FIA World Rallycross Championship play our game [...] These guys were quick too and setting times faster than one of our fastest gamers who joined us for the weekend.

We want to spend a little bit of extra time polishing these 600bhp monsters so we’re currently planning on taking about an extra week to get them as perfect as possible based on the drivers feedback

Pretty much shows the dedication they are making to getting this much more SIM like as things progress.

I might give this a go soon..

I do really miss the Colin McRae Rally games, as since the ones on PC and XBOX rally games have sucked and really can't stand Dirt.

They are slowly increasing purchase price as more content comes now so get it cheaper now :)

Its only linked to dirt by name, and has pretty much sweet F.A to do with the arcade rally. Only link is the replay player (could be better IMHO) but no kiddy features (rewinds etc) and if your a controller user its well adapted and is getting better for wheel users.

Its just raw rally and no silly frills.

@pesmonkey: can u give your settings in game or give me some advice how config for them?I can drive easy in DiRT3 but in next version so doesn't.

Thanks,I think I need buy "new controller" to drive it & so what do you think about "Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO",this game "same" DiRT Rally.That's reason I'm wating for it because it's appear in console :D

so what do you think about "Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO",this game "same" DiRT Rally.
Milestone used to be great developers, but I'd like to try it myself before judging.
It's just that some of their games of the early 2010s (like SBK Generations) left me a little "meh" so I need to have a closer look at it.
It looks promising though (yet, as it's been said, it doesn't belong here).

Just noticed this thread. Big rally fan here, loved (and still do) RBR. Dirt Rally is a worthy successor to RBR. Better handling and physics in some aspects, not as good in others but its modelling is soooo much better. I've not played PES for months. Just spend all my time on DR now. Hopefully Codemasters will listen to the players and make all the necessary improvements to make it the sim that finally de-thrones RBR.

I have a wheel and pedals set up (Logitec Driving Force GT) and I'm using a Logitec Attak 3 joystick as a handbrake :FAIL: . It works really well actually.

Back
Top Bottom