Star Wars: Battlefront [PC/PS4/XB1]

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
Star Wars: Battlefront is an upcoming action video game in development by EA Digital Illusions CE and to be published by Electronic Arts. It is scheduled for release on November 17, 2015 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.[3] The game is the third main entry in the Star Wars: Battlefront series.

YouTube - Star Wars Battlefront Reveal Trailer

DICE general manager Patrick Bach told Eurogamer Star Wars: Battlefront does not feature a campaign. Rather, it features "crafted missions" that are played solo, with a friend via split-screen offline or cooperatively online.

Star Wars: Battlefront, due out in the UK on 20th November 2015 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, has a maximum player count of 40.
However, Bach told Eurogamer Battlefront will include a raft of modes that have different player caps.

During battles players can switch from a first-person perspective to a third-person perspective at will. DICE said you'll also be able to customise your characters, choosing gear, weapons and abilities.

There's a two-player split-screen mode, and the Partner feature means two players can share experience and unlocks, and spawn at each other's location.

If you pre-order Star Wars Battlefront you get the Battle of Jakku one week early starting on 1st December 2015. All other players get access to this free content on 8th December 2015.

Looks fantastic. Absolute shame it's a multiplayer experience only. Like Placebo, no single player campaign, no dice. Too old for the trials and tribulation of online gaming.

Last edited:
Going to wait for pre-order cheapest place at the moment is £29 for the deluxe edition on Origin Mexico.

Will pre-order when it gets to £20.

Crafted solo missions with this level of detail and audio in a game on PC is far from a no purchase feature, it will get people online no doubt just for the immersion of it, even if you think no campaign and online is not very interesting.

I cant be bothered online with nearly all games, but to dog fight with CGI feature film level crafted X wings/Tie fighters alone makes me think twice, let alone all other vehicle types.

Maybe .. and I say "maybe" they will or have a feature (or DLC who knows) where as your able to make missions like the mission editor in say IL2, (placement/triggers/objective).

Last edited:
Isn't there a coop campaign?

It sounds like it'll play like the original 2.

There will be a mission or two on each planet, you complete to move to the next. so mission one might be a straight up team death match with some scripted text on the load screen to justify why.

Then you go to a different map where its something like capture the 5 radio command points (domination) etc.

They've confirmed on twitter that you can do these offline and online solo or split screen co op or co op online.

Looks great but I hate online gaming. Im a casual player so its no fun getting smashed by some unemployed bloke or student who spends 24/7 on their console.

Like many have said, I'd take Battlefield with a Star Wars skin and I'd be happy.

As long as it has the same longevity (bit worried about this dynamic mission lark, I've not played the originals so I've no idea how it's going to play out).

Like many have said, I'd take Battlefield with a Star Wars skin and I'd be happy.

As long as it has the same longevity (bit worried about this dynamic mission lark, I've not played the originals so I've no idea how it's going to play out).

Yup. DICE hopefully know what they're doing, too.

Battlefield Star Wars would be superb.

That looks friggin awesome!!!
And a perfect game for a Star Wars Junkie like I am.

Whew, but how to get the time playing all these games besides FIFA 15 and GTA 5 (which I just started to play) with wife and three kids?

DAYUM! :P

"game engine footage" hah so its just a cgi trailer

In full interview with DICE at the starwars convention they state that it is all "in-engine asset generated" just using the Frostbite 3 engine, the only cinematics are motion capture scenes and the way the scenes plays out for the trailer. Also confirmed with project lead from Lucasfilm on the panel.

Watch the hour talk here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brNTpnUR61g&feature=youtu.be&t=38m1s

Last edited:
i know the difference, still it will never look like on the trailer because of the animations exactly

Why would they motion capture a trailer action scene for any other reason than to show an action scene for the trailer only? Normal practice on all game trailers from what I have seen. This is no different that us watching a cut-scene, and like all other games they are never gameplay (but are the engine in realtime with preset animations).

Point is, you said its "just a CGI trailer", which suggests all assets and graphics are faked, which they aren't (its all from the game engine). Until they release a stated "gameplay trailer" then you will get in game-play footage, again, just like normal with any other game. We all know its not going to animate like that for people movement, that's obvious, like all games and their action trailers.

So it is "game engine footage" as stated.

The x-wings flying through canyons section will be like game play for sure.

Last edited:
exactly game engine footage, not ingame...so they can legally pimp up the gameplay to look more intense. its a cheap trick imo, i wouldnt fall for this video

exactly game engine footage, not ingame...so they can legally pimp up the gameplay to look more intense. its a cheap trick imo, i wouldnt fall for this video

Did they ever state it was in-game "gameplay" footage, nope. Standard trailer usage, point again is the assets and graphics/models LOD detail and grass/forest details/levels you will play on are not a cheap trick, did you watch the DICE 1 hour talk I linked about it?

How on earth would an MP game play like a cut scene anyway?

whatever, we are in 2015 and they had to make tricks on the gameplay to look fun in a trailer. thats sad, most of the games can nowdays promote themselfs with actual gameplay, and here in reality everyone will probably run like headless chicken with bunny hopping, and that would not be a fine promo i agree.

anywho this discussion is far beyond, im not even gonna play this, just wanted to stop by to say this trailer is lame in my opinion

All trailers are like that, I don't understand your problem.

precisely, and an hour talk with DICE isnt enough to decipher reality and a trailer and to still know CGI assets are in the game, oh well.

we are in 2015 and they had to make tricks on the gameplay to look fun in a trailer.

All games do it on all trailer, the only time to worry is when you get the game and the models and foliage/level detail looks like a commadore amiga .. and it wont. Your complaint is mis-directed, you can only make your complaint if they actually showed a "gameplay" trailer and it looked crap.

There's a massive difference from pre rendered footage outside of a game using other software and overlayed, and entire scenes generated within the engine the game is to be released on, theres always cheeky edits (the motion is for the trailer only) and I guess explosions have been "arted up".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom