Dying Light [All Platforms]

nevcapr

League 2
21 July 2005
Got this the other day love it so far. Good atmosphere in game.
Anyone else ?
full campaign coop I hear which would be class

I have this on PS4. Gorgeous game, has stopped me playing FIFA.

Loving everything about it so far.

Finished it but it was so good.

Really under rated game by the critics but what the hell do they know? Half of them are paid off by the game studios anyway.

I loved it and will continue to play online.

it looks neat, especially because of the coop part and because its sandbox and has many intresting side storys but god damn i watched a 30 minute gameplay with climbing around and jumping around, like an Assasins Creed with zombies. just dont get it how a normal human could walk up on a wall of a building :D took away every excitement for me

It's okay so far, nothing special.

And what is it with Aussie/NZ Zombie settings. Most the voices sound from there anyway.

I've just really started, but reminds me so much of Dead Island games.

FD

Bit of a necro bump, bought it for the wife and we're going to play it coop, made the mistake of buying The Following DLC for myself despite already having it from the season pass, doh! Anyone on Steam want it and if so please make a charity bid for it, I paid £6.10

I've never played this game but I see Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition is £15.99 on the PS Store just now. Is it any good?

I'm so angry about this, I'm going to dredge up a thread that hasn't been posted in for five-and-a-half years in-case anyone else makes the same "mistake" (i.e. falls victim to the horrendous game design).

So I played through Dying Light in co-op mode with the missus, and it instantly became her favourite game. We both had a blast with it. We knew there was DLC but after finding the Hellraid DLC super-boring, we didn't try The Following until a month or two ago.

Jesus Christ it's painful. A mission on one side of the map, then the opposite side, then the opposite side again, then the opposite side again... Driving back and forth on fetch quests that take AN ABSOLUTE AGE, that'd take a minute if the map (which is pointlessly large and empty) was more concentrated.

Tonight, I said I'd had enough - and seeing as we were on 90% according to the save file description, we were going to sit down and finish it tonight so I never have to play it again... Which she eagerly agreed to.

We eventually, after four hours of an absolute grinding slog of having to (guess what) go back and forth and back again across the map, get to the final section and...

"This section must be played single-player. Ready?"

So we've played a game together for countless hours, hours on end, co-op the entire time, to then have to finish it SEPARATELY?! (This happens in the main game too.)

A) This is absolutely shit game design, and I NEVER use language like that to describe a game (because different strokes for different folks and all that) but it plainly absolutely sucks, especially if you're playing co-op because one of you needs the help because they're not a seasoned gamer... and

B) So. In this DLC you both have a car. You have to build and "level up" the parts in that car (plus "level up" your driving abilities, like an RPG tree). The missus doesn't like driving in games, and the car carries two players. So I did all the driving.

If that's what you do, be warned that when you get to the final mission... The other player will be ABSOLUTELY FUCKED. With a level 0 car and a level 0 driving ability, and with a timed driving mission, it is NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE.

I am so, so angry at this. We've poured hours of our life into it, only to be separated for the final hour of the game (which is incredibly hard if you're not a seasoned gamer) and for the game design to totally screw up the ending has really ruined the game for us both.

On top of that, the ending itself (which is the canon ending to Dying Light and Crane's story) is, IMO, absolutely dreadful. Truly woeful.

Walking around being able to hear a magic woman's voice in his head, who turns out to be this zombie/alien hybrid, who then either forces you to kill yourself or, kill her, and then her voice is still in his head after she's dead? None of this makes any sense given the main storyline of Dying Light, which is relatively grounded and not full of voodoo horseshit - why did they do this?

You might as well end The Last of Us by saying, actually, the fungus that killed everyone was a magical creation of a witch who was visited by aliens when she was pregnant and she sneezed on the floor and it made all the fungus happen.

And this DLC gets a Metacritic rating of over 90%?? I'm shocked. It's rare a game makes me THIS angry, but it's wasted so much of our free time, which is like gold dust.

In short...

If you ever decide to play Dying Light: The Following with someone, make sure you both drive everywhere separately, make sure you both level up your cars, and prepare for a really deflating and totally stupid ending.

I'm so angry about this, I'm going to dredge up a thread that hasn't been posted in for five-and-a-half years in-case anyone else makes the same "mistake" (i.e. falls victim to the horrendous game design).

So I played through Dying Light in co-op mode with the missus, and it instantly became her favourite game. We both had a blast with it. We knew there was DLC but after finding the Hellraid DLC super-boring, we didn't try The Following until a month or two ago.

Jesus Christ it's painful. A mission on one side of the map, then the opposite side, then the opposite side again, then the opposite side again... Driving back and forth on fetch quests that take AN ABSOLUTE AGE, that'd take a minute if the map (which is pointlessly large and empty) was more concentrated.

Tonight, I said I'd had enough - and seeing as we were on 90% according to the save file description, we were going to sit down and finish it tonight so I never have to play it again... Which she eagerly agreed to.

We eventually, after four hours of an absolute grinding slog of having to (guess what) go back and forth and back again across the map, get to the final section and...

"This section must be played single-player. Ready?"

So we've played a game together for countless hours, hours on end, co-op the entire time, to then have to finish it SEPARATELY?! (This happens in the main game too.)

A) This is absolutely shit game design, and I NEVER use language like that to describe a game (because different strokes for different folks and all that) but it plainly absolutely sucks, especially if you're playing co-op because one of you needs the help because they're not a seasoned gamer... and

B) So. In this DLC you both have a car. You have to build and "level up" the parts in that car (plus "level up" your driving abilities, like an RPG tree). The missus doesn't like driving in games, and the car carries two players. So I did all the driving.

If that's what you do, be warned that when you get to the final mission... The other player will be ABSOLUTELY FUCKED. With a level 0 car and a level 0 driving ability, and with a timed driving mission, it is NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE.

I am so, so angry at this. We've poured hours of our life into it, only to be separated for the final hour of the game (which is incredibly hard if you're not a seasoned gamer) and for the game design to totally screw up the ending has really ruined the game for us both.

On top of that, the ending itself (which is the canon ending to Dying Light and Crane's story) is, IMO, absolutely dreadful. Truly woeful.

Walking around being able to hear a magic woman's voice in his head, who turns out to be this zombie/alien hybrid, who then either forces you to kill yourself or, kill her, and then her voice is still in his head after she's dead? None of this makes any sense given the main storyline of Dying Light, which is relatively grounded and not full of voodoo horseshit - why did they do this?

You might as well end The Last of Us by saying, actually, the fungus that killed everyone was a magical creation of a witch who was visited by aliens when she was pregnant and she sneezed on the floor and it made all the fungus happen.

And this DLC gets a Metacritic rating of over 90%?? I'm shocked. It's rare a game makes me THIS angry, but it's wasted so much of our free time, which is like gold dust.

In short...

If you ever decide to play Dying Light: The Following with someone, make sure you both drive everywhere separately, make sure you both level up your cars, and prepare for a really deflating and totally stupid ending.
What about me? 😪

Back
Top Bottom