FIFA 15 SLIDERS

I played a few games last night, using random teams, after a week of my United career mode using slightly tweaked from default sliders

It felt fantastic, I used Professional and held my own so going to world class tonight.

Everything felt looser, more organic, and much more enjoyable. So well done Matt.

One slight criticism was I felt full backs often went walkabouts into the centre of the pitch, or other side and not stay to their correct flank. Can this be altered at all?

Didn't know you are American! :LOL:

I will be playing more games today with the latest sliders. Will let you know feedback.

Ha, yeah! I know my footy though, played it all my life and one of the bigger gameplay snobs out there :) - been working on FIFA and PES since 2000!

Thanks for the work you put there, Matt, I've been trying your sliders the last couple of days and doing some changes, but this last video really is what I was truly waiting for. I still have to try the v4 of the sliders, let's see if I have time tonight to give you my feedback.

Awesome, man - I hope you get to try them out. I will be posting a video of the sliders in action shortly. Let me know how you get on!

I played a few games last night, using random teams, after a week of my United career mode using slightly tweaked from default sliders

It felt fantastic, I used Professional and held my own so going to world class tonight.

Everything felt looser, more organic, and much more enjoyable. So well done Matt.

One slight criticism was I felt full backs often went walkabouts into the centre of the pitch, or other side and not stay to their correct flank. Can this be altered at all?

Hey Vondave - thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the goal was to make it more organic, but enough looseness that you can still play your game - while still complimenting the team's identity.

Full backs get moved up as they follow their marking. I haven't seen this as much on legendary, but on the lower levels. The key is to make sure they are part of the attack so they can be part of the transition as well. I don't want them dropping back all the way just because the ball was temporarily lost.

They still will, be careful with marking @ 50 because it can result in passive defending and ADD (Attention Deficit Defending) as I call it.

I'm seeing plenty of fouls with version 4, last match the CPU committed 5 including a red card by their keeper.

played a Chelsea(cpu) vs City match, a 9 minutes match and Chelsea had 14 fouls, me 11. ;) altough i modified your sliders a bit...

on both sides:
pass speed +3
gk ability +13
power bar 80

on cpus side:
shot error +4

this is from the match. dunno if its the result of the sliders or what, but havent seen this in 15 and in Fifa ever :FAIL: was so cool :)) and also all the clearing headers, they are not going onto a feet directly,the result rather will be throw in or loose ball:BOP:

YouTube - FIFA 15 Hazard's mistake(cpu)

played a Chelsea(cpu) vs City match, a 9 minutes match and Chelsea had 14 fouls, me 11. ;) altough i modified your sliders a bit...

on both sides:
pass speed +3
gk ability +13
power bar 80

on cpus side:
shot error +4

this is from the match. dunno if its the result of the sliders or what, but havent seen this in 15 and in Fifa ever :FAIL: was so cool :)) and also all the clearing headers, they are not going onto a feet directly,the result rather will be throw in or loose ball:BOP:

YouTube - FIFA 15 Hazard's mistake(cpu)

Ha, yeah - that's funny. Good to see the CPU make a mistake once in a while. Even from the superstars like so.

Btw, I've decided to drop the line width down to 30/30. So the sliders should read:

• Realistic Pace
  • CPU Offense can struggle
  • Better CPU crossing, although can miss-hit
  • Better shooting look and feel
  • Realistic saves and reactions by keepers
  • Less width, so more physical play

Version 4 - 9/30/14 @ 11:55am CST.
10-15 Mins, Legendary, Slow, All Manual

Version 3 is in parentheses.

Sprint Speed: 20/20
Acceleration: 46/46 (49/49)
Shot Error: 52/52 (51/51)
Pass Error: 55/95 (55/99)
Shot Speed: 48/48 (51/51)
Pass Speed: 35/35
Injury Freq: 70/70
Injury Severity: 35/35
GK Ability: 20/20 (2/2)
Marking: 80/75 (90/70)
Run Freq: 20/20 (0/0)
Line Height:65/65
Line Length:45/45 (35/35)
Line Width: 30/30 (80/80)
FB Positioning: 60/60
FT Control: 60/65

in fact pass error 95 is too much. the CPU cant cross the ball literally, it goes almost every time behind the goal line. 85 is also too high, testing it now with 75

in fact pass error 95 is too much. the CPU cant cross the ball literally, it goes almost every time behind the goal line. 85 is also too high, testing it now with 75

That is actually what I am testing on too :) - and some other values. Will have an update shortly as I get more games in and a decent video.

Version 5 is here and it compliments Version 4, while also taking a look at some of the glaring issues. The goal here is to provide:

- Realistic build up, more side to side, patience from CPU
- Ability to still tackle, and even hold down secondary pressure where needed
- CPU Crossing improved
- CPU passing not automatic, but enough to be a challenge without feeling cheated
- Marking and well timed face-on tackles in attempt to remedy "burst" exploit
- First touch control error increased to provide more realistic feel of pressure on the ball - resulting in random plays

Version 5 - 10/3/14 @ 1:36am CST.

Version 4 is in parentheses.

Sprint Speed: 30/30 (20/20)
Acceleration: 46/46
Shot Error: 52/52
Pass Error: 55/75 (55/95)
Shot Speed: 48/48
Marking: 52/52 (80/75)
Run Freq: 0/0 (20/20)
Line Length:42/42 (45/45)
Line Width: 32/32 (30/30)
FB Positioning: 80/80 (60/60)
FT Control: 100/100 (60/65)

(VIDEO PENDING)

Last edited:
You are a professor at this matt.

Just tried the latest sliders and my god the effects can be felt immediately right across the park.

I noticed the reduction in pace really changed my and the ai's attacking style. No more through ball sprinting or running around the defence. Lots more passing and build up.
I also noticed many more fouls being given as I'm no longer too fast for the tackle animation and get a "play on" and I stumble.

I can feel the difference in player stats too.
I did man city vs man united which finished 2-2. Dzeko felt like a real target man up front trapping te ball and winning most headers, while agurero was more pacey, into feet, one two kinda player.
Man united played better against me too. Usually they just walk it into my goal and refuse to try any other tactic but they scored from a cross which van piersie side footed into the bottom corner and then Rooney chipped my keeper from just inside the box after he had come forward to get the ball.

I then did stoke vs Everton which was a complete stalemate 0-0 with hardly any shots on target. A lot more scrappy with loose balls, a couple of yellow cards and 1 injury.

Tackling is still difficult but not as bad as the pace is lower do I'm now containing the play rather than being a sprint whore trying to get the ball back asap. I font have to run around trying yo get back to defend the sprinting forwards anymore as their pace means they're using it sparingly. Its a much slower game at the back now.

I also notice that I'm getting more time on the ball to think. Previously a midfielder would get a pass and immediately have 2 opposing players sprinting at him. But with the lower pace, they take longer to get there so I get that extra second or two to think and play long passes or attempt to take them on.

I also noticed counter attacks feel much less a guaranteed goal. They cant sprint the length of the pitch anymore and still hit the target.
United tried one against me and I got my defence in front of rooney and slowed him enough for the rest of the team to pull back.

Such an improvement on the default settings :).

Hi Matt10. Firstly, great work.

What I wonder is what is your opinion of gameplay ini files from some modders like fidel etc. ? Do you test them, what do you think bout them and can I use them with your sliders?

Thanks.

Edit: I assumed you are on PC, if you're not, forget it, sorry!

Last edited:
1. i never bothered to screw up my database that much
2. in 14 i tried a few mods. nothing relevant changed imo
3. full respect but they changing strings in text files wich not really affect gameplay most of the time, mostly they are logs, helps for the programmers(i know some modders change attribute files aswell)

remember the same case with PES 2014? when someone changed a few lines in a gameplay text file? PLACEBO PLACEBO PLACEBO attack, it needed a month or two to found out it doesnt do anything to the game

You are a professor at this matt.

Just tried the latest sliders and my god the effects can be felt immediately right across the park.

I noticed the reduction in pace really changed my and the ai's attacking style. No more through ball sprinting or running around the defence. Lots more passing and build up.
I also noticed many more fouls being given as I'm no longer too fast for the tackle animation and get a "play on" and I stumble.

I can feel the difference in player stats too.
I did man city vs man united which finished 2-2. Dzeko felt like a real target man up front trapping te ball and winning most headers, while agurero was more pacey, into feet, one two kinda player.
Man united played better against me too. Usually they just walk it into my goal and refuse to try any other tactic but they scored from a cross which van piersie side footed into the bottom corner and then Rooney chipped my keeper from just inside the box after he had come forward to get the ball.

I then did stoke vs Everton which was a complete stalemate 0-0 with hardly any shots on target. A lot more scrappy with loose balls, a couple of yellow cards and 1 injury.

Tackling is still difficult but not as bad as the pace is lower do I'm now containing the play rather than being a sprint whore trying to get the ball back asap. I font have to run around trying yo get back to defend the sprinting forwards anymore as their pace means they're using it sparingly. Its a much slower game at the back now.

I also notice that I'm getting more time on the ball to think. Previously a midfielder would get a pass and immediately have 2 opposing players sprinting at him. But with the lower pace, they take longer to get there so I get that extra second or two to think and play long passes or attempt to take them on.

I also noticed counter attacks feel much less a guaranteed goal. They cant sprint the length of the pitch anymore and still hit the target.
United tried one against me and I got my defence in front of rooney and slowed him enough for the rest of the team to pull back.

Such an improvement on the default settings :).

cool im not the only one then who feels inertia is much more there

thanks, matt! great work. improves the game a lot.

this might be off-topic, but since I have been playing PES for ages now, what button-config could you recommend me for FIFA15? thank you!

If anyone is a bit bored please give these ago, these are my career mode sliders.

Background
I used to play more than i do now and always full manual but due to lack of practise i struggle too much on legendary which is the best mode for AI defending imo..Proffesional you can just walk through

Here goes:
PS4
game speed normal
Legendary
8mins
Dynamic camera

controls

Auto switching: manual
All semi controls except for through ball (manual) and lob pass (manual)
save assistance (assissted)
tactical defending
analogue sprint =off

most AI and User use same sliders but where there are differences i have put the users in ()

accel 50
sprint 50
shot error 45 (60)
pass error 70 (55)
shot speed 48
pass speed 55
injury freq 80
severity 25
GK 40
Marking 57
Run freq 45
Line height 42
length 50
width 40
full back 45
first touch 75 (65)

hope you enjoy if you try them..had 5 great games so far

Small Update: acceleration from 46/46 to 47/47. Helps with coverage throughout the pitch, and helps user defend CPU better at to of box.

Version 5 (small update)- 10/4/14 @ 11:56pm CST.

Acceleration: 47/47 (46/46) - small update

Last edited:
Small Update: acceleration from 46/46 to 47/47. Helps with coverage throughout the pitch, and helps user defend CPU better at to of box.

Version 5 (small update)- 10/4/14 @ 11:56pm CST.

Acceleration: 47/47 (46/46) - small update

Here is Version 6, and it's looking to be the last bit of the puzzle, as it compliments Version 5's line settings - but brings in a bit more midfield play, and less scrambling in the defensive thirds all match. The key with this is to also make the wide midfield not as the main avenue for attack. Also, defenders take better angles into their tackles as well, resulting in more physical play - but more importantly, less chasing the computer around the field for 90 minutes.

The changes are:

Acceleration: from 46/46 to 47/47
Line Height: from 65/65 to 72/72

Version 6 - 10/4/14 @ 3:58am CST.

Version 5 is in parentheses.

Sprint Speed: 30/30
Acceleration: 47/47 (46/46)
Pass Error: 55/75
GK Ability: 20/20
Marking: 52/52
Run Freq: 0/0
Line Height:72/72 (65/65)
Line Length:42/42
Line Width: 32/32
FB Positioning: 80/80
FT Control: 100/100

Cheers Matt will tweak.

Again a big thank you, its changed the game, I'm having so much fun with an Inter career.

It properly feels like a football game now.

Full manual is tremendous, world class not too hard I'm climbing up the league to fourth, and longer games are much better.

Cheers Matt will tweak.

Again a big thank you, its changed the game, I'm having so much fun with an Inter career.

It properly feels like a football game now.

Full manual is tremendous, world class not too hard I'm climbing up the league to fourth, and longer games are much better.

Thanks, vondave - I was on TwitchTV all night/morning and the last 2 matches were a blast when I implemented the changes. Had one of my good friends from another forum test them out as he saw some little issues that are now fixed (width exposed, and sluggish defense due to low accel).

The biggest thing is the defensive angle into the tackles. You can hold down secondary pressure and the player will not come in so sharply (and usually slightly behind) into the player with the ball. Now those big stone wall defenders and midfielders you buy, actually can make a difference by using their skillsets properly, versus running around chasing the CPU's effortless passing.

*from previous page*

Here is Version 6, and it's looking to be the last bit of the puzzle, as it compliments Version 5's line settings - but brings in a bit more midfield play, and less scrambling in the defensive thirds all match. The key with this is to also make the wide midfield not as the main avenue for attack. Also, defenders take better angles into their tackles as well, resulting in more physical play - but more importantly, less chasing the computer around the field for 90 minutes.

The changes are:

Out of curiosity do ur setting's 'work' if I play Semi/Manual and World Class instead or Legendary?

Thanks for the effort Matt10.

Out of curiosity do ur setting's 'work' if I play Semi/Manual and World Class instead or Legendary?

Thanks for the effort Matt10.

I haven't explored World Class as much as I'd like - but others have said they work. I am going to test that out tonight so I can do my World Class for home matches and Legendary for away.

This video shows gameplay of Version 6 which reflects the update to acceleration and line height:

YouTube - FIFA 15 Sliders Breakdown - Two Impactful Changes (Gameplay)

Well I tried it and its amazing! its literally 'fixed' the game for me, typical EA that they have the engine in their but out of the box it feels broken.

brilliant work, definitely excited to and continue my League, couldn't put the pad down unlike last time! :TU:

Yep, only had a quick game and only on Pro level but it played a superb game. Defense actually felt much better although I might knock up the acceleration and speed a point or two.

Great work, Matt.

Well I tried it and its amazing! its literally 'fixed' the game for me, typical EA that they have the engine in their but out of the box it feels broken.

brilliant work, definitely excited to and continue my League, couldn't put the pad down unlike last time! :TU:

Thank you - yes, out of the box just can't compare. People wonder why my values tend to be on the more "extreme" side is because the game itself needs an extreme adjustment. Like a programmer, you have to find that threshold - and work either over it or under it.

Yep, only had a quick game and only on Pro level but it played a superb game. Defense actually felt much better although I might knock up the acceleration and speed a point or two.

Great work, Matt.

Yeah, that shouldn't affect too much, if anything - it will make it even more tight.

Last night I was actually testing some values regarding marking and line settings. Think it's going to enhance Version 6 even more.

*from previous page*

The changes are:

I've been using these and enjoying them. Only change I made was to knock GK ability down to 0, which works for me. Cheers for all the R&D on these.

I've been using these and enjoying them. Only change I made was to knock GK ability down to 0, which works for me. Cheers for all the R&D on these.

Ha, love it - another one who approves the low GK ability. I did have it @ 0/0 but didn't test it long enough. I believe my concern was the inability for the keeper to rush the attacker and dive for the ball at their feet. Instead, they would rush towards the attacker and try to clear the ball away.

Great work, Matt.

I put the acceleration up to 49 for professional so much better i have noticed balls going straight past keeper close to body which is odd is this anything to do with error?

I love these sliders though great work Matt thanks :APPLAUD:

Back
Top Bottom