The Golf Club

I was just going to start a thread myself. Anyone got it?

The graphics are kind of putting me off.

Last edited:
xbox one for me and its a great golf game. More of a SIM than the TW franchise.

There are issues with it but devs are very interactive with the community and seem to be sorting stuff.

PS4 version is the superior version though

I have it on PC, got it when it was in Early Access.

It's good, the gameplay mechanics and physics are very decent, and the course creator/sharing is fantastic... But it's very light on game modes, the visuals are bland and it is very poorly optimised. I recommend holding off until they make significant improvements with patches... Still obviously better than the console versions though.

A couple of hole in ones I made :P

YouTube - The Golf Club - Hole in One #2

YouTube - The Golf Club - Hole in One

Last edited by a moderator:
Was out a week ago on PS4 in the US, not sure of the delay to UK release.

Its very good though, although a little rough (no pun!) round the edges - but thankfully it plays well enough that they can be ignored.

There is a tutorial video standby.......

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KUQe-_6_-0Q

From official forum -

And here is my advice on putting power:

Putting How-To

So here is what I posted in another thread about learning power and distance, see if it helps:

First, you will need to find a fixed point of reference to be able to consistently judge how far back to pull your club. I use the golfer's foot as a reference for how far back to pull. Some people use the club shaft (shown here). Either way, you will need to find a fixed reference to learn how to pull it back consistently.

To determine power, the % of back-swing is a good place to start but, adjusting the marker for an aiming spot, the way you would do it in real golf, is also very important.

So, for a flat put, put the marker about 2 feet past the whole. For an uphill putt, put the marker 2 feet past the hole plus about 1 foot for every 1 inch of elevation. For a downhill putt, leave the marker on the hole for 1 or 2 inches of decline, but for anything more than that, move in toward you, 1 foot for every 1 inch of decline beyond 2.

Once you have adjusted the marker, use the method where, if the putter represents 101 feet and your putt (distance to the marker) is 50 feet, pull back roughly 50%. Then you can adjust a smidge and use the golfer as a reference point (club head at the back of the feet, front of the feet, etc.).

If you use this method you should get the feel for it in no time.

Let me know if this helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom