[Current/Next Gen/PC] Far Cry 4

Scutch

Futsal Master
31 October 2006
Cumbria, UK
Tottenham Hotspur
Far Cry 4 will be set in the Himalayas and it will be released this November.

far-cry-4-release-date.jpg

"Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans' expectations," says Dan Hay, the game's executive producer, on the official Ubisoft blog.

The new game will be available across all platforms including the newer generation and the older generation of consoles, namely the PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Meanwhile, the game has been in some rumors that it would have support for Oculus Rift as Ubisoft and Sony VR Headset Project Morpheus got into talks about the game and their future together. However, there are no final words about their discussion yet and stay tuned in this website for future newsabout the game.

Meanwhile, previous rumors point that this game would be set in the Himalayas and it has been confirmed that it will be set in a fictional region of the Himalayas, namely Kyrat, which is governed by a self-appointed king, according to sources.

The open-world first-person shooter game will be going around unique geographic places and a possibility to battle abominable snowmen.

"Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we're eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months," Ubisoft said.

The poster of the new game has also been revealed in the Ubisoft blog, which somehow gives the feel of the game. The cover however, went through some controversy after it was released saying it was racist. A man sitting on a throne was holding another guy by the head.

Ubisoft seemed to work with the issue as they have rumored to change the picture and removed the guy on the ground.

far-cry-4-release-date.jpg

Since someone pointed out that the guy in the purple suit looks like John Terry this cannot be unseen.

Back OT, this does look promising. Just hope that Ubisoft downgrade doesn't hit.

November release?

If this isn't delayed until 2015 like everything else, I'll be gobsmacked.

I'm hoping it'll look like the original E3 Far Cry 3 before they also downgraded that game also.

Not really relevant to me as I'll probably go for the PC version but this is really innovative IMO:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/far-cry-4-keys-kyrat-feature-exclusive-playstation/

Far Cry 4 – ‘Keys to Kyrat’ feature is exclusive to PlayStation
Invite friends into your open world, even if they’d don’t have the game

Far Cry 4 features drop-in/drop-out “Guns for Hire” Co-Op, meaning that you and a friend can take on the wilds of Kyrat as a pair, exploring the world, taking down enemies and generally making everything as precise or as chaotic as you choose. Both players get experience, both players get in-game cash, and both players have an awesome time.

Better yet, play the game on PS3 or PS4 and you’ll get a set of “Keys to Kyrat”. The keys open up Kyrat’s borders to any of your PSN friends, inviting them into your open world even if they don’t yet have a copy of the game. Capture outposts together, traverse Kyrat and make gains with anybody you know–or everybody you know. It’s a PlayStation exclusive and it means there are no limits to your Far Cry 4 experience.

I wonder what the catch is then. Like you can only join for a set amount of play time per day or something? Or wise you'd just have 1 friend buy the game and another leech of them and not ever buy it.

Yeah I'm sure you can play far stealthier but it doesn't make for an exciting E3 video to appease the plebs ;)

Was hugely disappointed to hear them implying the bow had been removed, hopefully you can still have a bow :(

I'm hoping they've improved the stronghold side missions so once you capture them, there is more to do to keep them. Like enemies retaking it if you've left it unguarded or something like that. Maybe let you purchase upgrades and guns to tool the guys guarding etc.
I loved them in 3 but once I had them all the game nose dived. I know I could reset them all once they patched that in, but that felt kinda crappy. I may as well just restarted the game or not saved after taking them.

Yeah before they patched it in to let them be taken over there were mods that did something similar but not sure if there was any kind of structure or randomness to it or simply a case of either taken over or not taken over. Probably going to get a cheap key 2nd copy to play coop with the wife, that'll be fun :)

I'm on the fence about this one. Ubisoft has been a big letdown of late.

Far Cry 3 was a decent game, but like Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft's games get redundant fast, with alot of boring side-mission fluff, and the AI tends to be just so dumb.

They're making some interesting changes and updates with the new Assassins Creed, and if they do the same with Far Cry 4, then I'll be more interested.

From euro gamers review

So-called Retaliation Parties will randomly attack outposts you've previously liberated, though you can choose not to intervene if you have more pressing matters to attend to elsewhere.

That's me sold.

From euro gamers review

That's me sold.

Yeah that's really good news, one of the things that sucked in the last one was how dead the map got once you killed everyone ;)

Great news.

One of my favourite parts of the game was sneaking in outposts and silently taking everyone out so now i can do a lot more of it and with a bit of variety :)

I'm gonna give rigging a car with C4 and blowing the shit sky high a go ;)

Is there anywhere doing any trade in offers for this?

I bought Pro Evo yesterday and dont like it and am hoping there's a offer including that :)

Back
Top Bottom