Best PES game on Playstation 3?

mr5973

League 2
25 April 2002
Vienna, Austria
England
As the life of the Playstation 3 slowly ends, I wanted to know you opinion: I guess we all agree that all the PES games on this console were a step back from the classic PES games on the Playstation 2, but which of the Playstation 3 PES games do you consider the best? Or in other words: if only to buy one PES game for Playstation 3, which game would you choose?

PES 2014

haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Neither..!Maybe 2014 but only offline,because in on(line) is really disgrateful!

I really think that in this genereation PES 2013 is what better represents real soccer on the pitch.

PES 09 and PES 10 lastest patch and lastest DLC is good in Balance Team
PES 09 : MU=Milan~Barca
PES 10 : Real=Barca~Inter

PES 08 : Inter Milan invincible
PES 11 : Real invincible
PES 12 : Barca invincible
PES 13 : Real invincible
PES 14 now : Barca invincible

Last edited:
Passing is a big thing in football games and thats why PES 11 is my fave, no other game before or since has had a better passing system. So much freedom in that game, now passing is probably the worst thing in pes, restrictive and scripted.

pes 2010. it's different from the others and very underrated imo. 08-09 were some cheap pes 6 copies. in 11-13 player animations were alien like to me. 14 is good too. I'd go with 2010.

2014 without hesitation, the most promising for the next PES games to come, gives me hopes and that old-engine 2008-2013 doesn't provide.
Even if there are few things that i really dislike (place kicking, goalkeepers positionning angle etc.) the game seems like a good new start for me.

Ok, it was an unreleased game at first (missing mode, littles lags, a bit beta-ish, less now with new patches) but with a very good basis than a full game proper release but old to watch and play, rigid, robotic like in this previous versions. Current graphics on outdated engine/algorithms and physics (2008 to 2013) doesn't give me good sensations at all.

Even if it's less marked in 2011 and 2013 games because somes algorithms have been added since 2011 and animations. 2009, 2008, 2010, where awful to me to watch and play, directions changes hypra on rails and upperfast laser passes maked the game limits unplayable.
I don't really remember about PES 2012 only that the game was unbalanced.

I go for:
-2014 (like it's now with corrective patches)
-2013 and 2011 can't compare coz i don't have both games (2011 sold), only 2013... But i remember to have goods sensations with PES 2011.
-The rest in the trash, Fifa was largly better at this time, even if it never provide me the "total football feeling", it was a good alternative and well produced.

I still prefer to play on old school WE/PES 1 to 9 or PES 2014 which seems more authentic and fit for their generations, instead of playing with a tampered and hybrid game mixing PS2 engine with middle-gen graphics.

Last edited:
I enjoyed PES 2011 the most on the PS3, but I never played 2009 or 2010. 2008 was horrible, 2012 felt broken, same with 2013, and 2014, well, that's a story of its own - barely playable in the end.

2011 for me. Spent most hours of that game in the last gen(PS3 and Xbox 360) and online community mode was a treat.

Without a doubt PES2014, best PES ever (yes, better than the PS2 games).
PES 2011 was very good aswell.
All the other ones were absolute rubbish.
During that period i also bought FIFA and PES 2011 and 2014 were the only games were i scarcely played FIFA at all. The other years i only played FIFA after a year.

I was most disappointed by PES2013. It's not the worst game, but the difference between the demo and the full game was huge...night and day...

I have a hard time believing someone is being serious when they say any of the PES 2008-2012 games offline were better than PES 2014. 2013 I can see leaving a positive impression I suppose, but those older games rated anywhere from poor to shit.

I personnaly think the same. In Gameblog.fr, someone tested the game after few months of FIFA, to make a conclusion (it was a good idea to test a game long time after the release) and he was very positive about PES 2014...

Perhaps too much i think :D , but personnaly seeing the game modificated month by month gives me great hope about PES 2015, Konami's go to a good direction. The new team know what to do, even on an outdated PS360 gen.
For me, it's all good for the future.

Don't agree that it was a step back from the PS2 games. At least not completely. 2011 is the only PES game that I can stand to play for more than an hour at a time. It is also IMO better than PES 5&6. Just downloaded PES 2014 from the PSN+ thing, and although some of the physical aspects of the game are very enjoyable and a step up from previous titles, the game as a whole is a step backwards as have the past few iterations since 2011.

PES2010 for the outright retro fun it provided and PES2011 for its attempt at modernising the series and doing a better job than anything since.

Passing is a big thing in football games and thats why PES 11 is my fave, no other game before or since has had a better passing system. So much freedom in that game, now passing is probably the worst thing in pes, restrictive and scripted.

Agree m8. Passing system to me (pes 2012-14) is game breaking. As you said, restrivtive and scripted.

Btw it's very difficult to choose a good pes game. If i had to, maybe pes 2011.

PES2010 and PES2011, I know it's the two popular choices but I never really got into 2012 and 2013 and I've regretted buying 2014 given how underutilized it turned out to be. 2009 still reeked of 2008 somewhat.

I think I have the same hours combined for PES2010 and PES2011 as I do on Skyrim. :D

2013 all the way.

I have fond memories of 2010 and 2011 as well, but when I loaded them up recently they really showed their age. 2013 is by far the more rounded game IMO.

Back
Top Bottom