MLB 14 The Show : PS4

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
http://www.baseballisbetter.com/post/80022971985/mlb-14-on-ps4-the-ps4-is-the-most-powerful-gaming

MLB 14 ON PS4

The PS4 is the most powerful gaming console ever made. With so much horsepower to take advantage of, we’ve made the most realistic, best-playing, most authentic baseball video game ever. Note the revamped lighting engine, meticulously rendered facial hair, and rich stadium detail. MLB 14 The Show for PS4 on May 6.
- See more at: http://www.baseballisbetter.com/pos...the-most-powerful-gaming#sthash.nU0INZj3.dpuf

tumblr_n2nqv5tRQW1tv27two1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2nqv5tRQW1tv27two2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2nqv5tRQW1tv27two3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2nqv5tRQW1tv27two4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2nqv5tRQW1tv27two5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2nqv5tRQW1tv27two6_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2nqv5tRQW1tv27two7_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2nqv5tRQW1tv27two8_1280.jpg

YouTube - MLB 14 The Show I Dev Blog: Road To The Show Evolves

Looking very impressive, especially the lighting, not a fan of the sport to watch but I find Baseball games pretty fun to play, especially when you create yourself as a "VP" and put yourself into a team and work your way up, always choose the Mets for some reason, guess it's the fallen giant thing, reminds me of us ;)

I'm in the same boat. Don't watch it but like the games. I've been waiting for some ps4 news from this, so far it's just been ps3 footage on their videos.

It always seemed quite boring in real life, but always heard great things of this series. Do you know if they usually ship a demo at some point? Would be tempted to try it, gameplaywise it could be interesting, the same way I loved NHL94-76 even though I really dislike hockey.

I'll pick this up from the US PSN store I think, easier than importing.

The game looks amazing. Quick count sounds like a great time saver. Can't wait to try it out.

Gonna be amazing on the ps4 no doubt about it.

Got the Vita version the other day and that's the best handheld version yet. Quick counts really works well, though you have to try hard to remember to check the count and make sure you are reading to seeing on 1-2s or 3-2s etc.

QC games can defo be done in half hour. Games can be saved at any time which is awesome.

I might just do QC on vita and full counts on ps4 as it's quite a part of the whole experience having to work the batter. It's like playing a football game but only taking over in the 18 yard box!! Not saying it's a bad thing because it's a novel idea and does work in the context of what they are doing.

Couple of new videos on IGN:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/1...el-puig-in-mlb-14-the-show-first-ps4-gameplay

Hunter Pence vs. Yasiel Puig in MLB 14: The Show - First PS4 Gameplay 47:32

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/1...s-mlb-14-the-show-ps4-home-run-derby-gameplay

Yasiel Puig vs. Hunter Pence: Who Can Hit More Home Runs? - MLB 14: The Show (PS4) Home Run Derby Gameplay 10:59 (not sure if this is just a shorter version of stuff found in the previous video)

1080p versions on Youtube!

YouTube - MLB 14: The Show - Puig vs Pence - IGN Live Presents

YouTube - Creating Your Player in Road to the Show - MLB 14: The Show (PS4) Gameplay

YouTube - Hunter Pence vs. Yasiel Puig in MLB 14: The Show - First PS4 Gameplay

Last edited:
I watched the live stream yesterday, ttyt i was a bit dissapointed, after the screenshots i was expecting a bigger gfx jump, like more clothing movment or stuff like that... to me it looks like the ps3 version but in fullhd, not bad by anymeans, but i was expecting more... Imo evan FIFA current to next gen jump was bigger in gfx terms...

Maybe as I haven't played the previous ones but judging by the videos it seems a pretty big jump, looking forward to my first MLB :)

I watched the live stream yesterday, ttyt i was a bit dissapointed, after the screenshots i was expecting a bigger gfx jump, like more clothing movment or stuff like that... to me it looks like the ps3 version but in fullhd, not bad by anymeans, but i was expecting more... Imo evan FIFA current to next gen jump was bigger in gfx terms...

Was exactly my feelings too - I put as much on AVF a week or so ago. The PS3 version was always one of the better/best looking games on the system anyways, so its harsh to say it doesnt look great... but... it doesnt look MUCH better.

The lighting is nice, the models are a bit more detailed etc... I'm just hoping once it all comes together it will have that Next Gen shine.

Still really looking forward to it. Just remembered the social sharing stuff - be good to save homers and good plays etc.

Been playing the Vita version to death, so hoping the cross-saves work well, then I'll be happy!

Couple of new videos on IGN:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/1...el-puig-in-mlb-14-the-show-first-ps4-gameplay

Hunter Pence vs. Yasiel Puig in MLB 14: The Show - First PS4 Gameplay 47:32

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/1...s-mlb-14-the-show-ps4-home-run-derby-gameplay

Yasiel Puig vs. Hunter Pence: Who Can Hit More Home Runs? - MLB 14: The Show (PS4) Home Run Derby Gameplay 10:59 (not sure if this is just a shorter version of stuff found in the previous video)

1080p versions on Youtube!

YouTube - MLB 14: The Show - Puig vs Pence - IGN Live Presents

YouTube - Creating Your Player in Road to the Show - MLB 14: The Show (PS4) Gameplay

YouTube - Hunter Pence vs. Yasiel Puig in MLB 14: The Show - First PS4 Gameplay

That looks very nice. If only I liked Baseball:( Will be a while before a cricket game looks that good I suspect.

Was exactly my feelings too - I put as much on AVF a week or so ago. The PS3 version was always one of the better/best looking games on the system anyways, so its harsh to say it doesnt look great... but... it doesnt look MUCH better.

The lighting is nice, the models are a bit more detailed etc... I'm just hoping once it all comes together it will have that Next Gen shine.

Still really looking forward to it. Just remembered the social sharing stuff - be good to save homers and good plays etc.

Been playing the Vita version to death, so hoping the cross-saves work well, then I'll be happy!

Exactly. The only differences I really see are the unis and the stadiums. Grass looks really good though. Player faces are disappointment when you compare it with NBA 2K14. If it has the same franchise issues as the PS3 version I'm going to pass and just wait for UFC to drop.

Nice! The crowds, stadiums and lighting is much better.

Despite my reservations, I'm well pumped for the 6th!

Has anyone been watching any baseball? Always plenty on ESPN.

I tried to watch it a couple of times already but i end up sleeping in the 5th or 6th inning. :YAWN:

Nice! The crowds, stadiums and lighting is much better.

Despite my reservations, I'm well pumped for the 6th!

Has anyone been watching any baseball? Always plenty on ESPN.

Im watching plenty (My A`s are rocking atm)...

Still in big doubts if i should pull the plug and get a PS4 only for this.

Like i said before i was expecting more of a jump compared to the PS3 version, by videos i just dont see it... keep in mind a ps4 here in Brazil is pretty expensive(around 700-800 US dollars, imported and without any warranties).

Back
Top Bottom