Honome

The Hated Chatbox Murder
16 April 2003
Brasil
Fluminense
keyfull%209237457203.jpg

topper23945234.jpg

black93472340.jpg

The developer that made Arkham a household name is back. Rocksteady Studios' Arkham Asylum innovated with the freeflow combat system and stalking gameplay in 2009, and the team blew it all out to an open world in 2011's Arkham City. Rocksteady is hoping to raise the bar even higher on what will be its final Arkham game. Set after the events of Arkham City, Batman: Arkham Knight may just end the Dark Knight's journey.

As you've probably guessed from the cover imagery, the Batmobile is finally a core element of the gameplay. An entirely new area of Gotham City, far larger than Arkham City, has much wider streets to accommodate the new driving gameplay that is designed to integrate smoothly with Batman's gliding and grappling traversal. Batman chases down super villains Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, and more.

Arkham Knight will release later this year on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

First trailer:
YouTube - Official Batman: Arkham Knight Announce Trailer - "Father to Son"

LRHsG32.jpg

Last edited:
Re: [PS4/XBO/PC] Batman Arkham Knight (by Rocksteady!!!)

More infos:

- Last Batman game for Rocksteady, will work on something totally new next.

- There will be a brand new villain, something made by Rocksteady that they say will be the ultimate test for Batman
- Batmobile can be called at any moment with a button.
- The city streets are much wider to allow for the batmobile. You will rocket jump off ramps and do all sorts of cool maneuvers.
- You can eject jump out of the batmobile right into a super fast glide straight through the glass of a building to knock out enemies.
- They said glass breaking will be a big new thing.
- New moves include being able to use all your gadgets during flight. You now have a counter throw where you counter a guy and throw him into another guy. A new quick ground takedown. A quick backflip where you then throw a batarang in an enemies face.
- For the predator sections you can now chain takedowns of up to four enemies. For instance pop out of a grate and take one guy, jump to the next and so on. You can now enter grates from a distance, he will automatically do a jump or roll to enter them.
- Riddler challenges seem to be car based. The first one has you enter a sort of Riddler race track where you have to activate walls and ramps, when you activate one another closes so as you drive you have to be constantly turning on and off these ramps as you navigate the course.
- Batmobile fires missles and stun guns. It destroys anything it touches so if you bump into cars the cars go flying. It's basically unstoppable.
- Story is that after Joker's death all the criminals decided to work together and their plan comes together this night where they plan to kill batman. The article talks mostly about Scarecrow, he scattered bombs throughout Gotham.
- Oracle will play a larger role, you get to visit her base and talk to her, tons of batman easter eggs included.
- Kevin Conroy is Batman, all the previous voice actors are back.
- Gothom City is 5 times bigger than AC. Split into 3 areas. NO LOAD TIMES at all, entering buildings is seemless.
- They spend a bunch of time talking about how detailed the models are, one character has more polygons than the environment of Asylum.
- Batman will start off with the old batsuit and upgrade at some point in the game.
It says it is running on their modified Unreal engine.
Originally Posted by Ephemeris
- All quickfire gadgets can now be used during flight.
- Combat tweaks (note: Not enough time to go over these in detail. for example, you can throw by tilting left towards the opponent and hitting counter)
- did I mention the screenshots are gorgeous?
- Arkham Knight isn't just the name of the game.. it's also the name of the [new] villain.
- Fear Takedowns. ie, burst out of grate, action slows down allowing you to target another goon for another attack and so on. Can be used on groups up to 3 as long as they're close enough together and no one has already spotted Batman.
- They seem to try to tackle the old school Arkham issue of "open door - black screen loading"
- The game looks gorgeous. Huge.
-"This is a single-player game. There is no multiplayer."
- You can launch into a fast glide from the Batmobile just like the trailer.
- No more pre-rendered cinematics everything is done in engine
- The larger riots can have up to 50 people flipping cars and looting stores.

Characters
-Things such as Gordon's trench coat and Batman's cape now have Apex cloth physics. They react realistically to changes in wind and movement
-When it rains rains bead of water run down Batman's suit tracing every groove
-The wrinkles on Gordon's face crinkle as he talks

The City
-The city is as detailed as ever with realistic moving clouds with the moon shining through
-Halloween characters and balloons litter the street adding a creepy vibe
-Neon signs of the various shops shine brightly around the city
-The skyline has helicopters and blimps flying through it*
-Steam puffs out of the sewers in a realistic way

Last edited:

Absolutely love the others, don't do CG trailers though so won't be watching anything until there's gameplay :)

Only negative is that it's not out tomorrow.

The combat in these Batman games is some of the most fun and addicting gameplay ever for me. Honestly wouldn't mind it if most action games just cloned Batman's combat system. Games like Assassins Creed would be ten times better for it.

Not a fan of Batman or these games but technically that does look terrific.

I actually am not a huge fan of the fighting system. It's so simple, just press the buttons that are shown to counter and just button mesh the other times to fight off guys. A bit too simple, but then I felt that the game was never big on the fighting engine, but on the story and the stalking fear take-downs.

Can't wait!!!

I actually am not a huge fan of the fighting system. It's so simple, just press the buttons that are shown to counter and just button mesh the other times to fight off guys. A bit too simple, but then I felt that the game was never big on the fighting engine, but on the story and the stalking fear take-downs.

Can't wait!!!

The game doesn't tell you what button to press, just hints as to when someone is about to attack, but you could always turn off those cues to make things even harder.

It might be simple (which I'd argue is better than being overly complicated) but stringing together long attack combos takes practice.

If you don't think much of Batman's fighting system, I'm curious as to which action game you think does it better?

I don't play a lot of fist to fist fighting games, so I can't really recall which one I truely enjoyed. Maybe I should turn off some of the display, but the fights never really was the main draw for me in this game. So to answer your question, I don't really know which one is better, maybe this one is already the best one. It is better than Sleeping Dogs though i do admit.

No way. I wouldn't say better than sleeping dogs. I found sleeping dogs' fights too hard in the beginning compared to Batman's. They're both pretty good for me and enjoy them both.

Well, for me the combat is sleeping dogs is a damn copy from Batman. I still prefer the Batman combat, it´s simple to learn but difficult to master the combos, of course it is just fun playing with the counter-alert off.

I still remember the fight in the Church in Arkham Asylum where batman had to face almost 30 guys at once, it was simply amazing to beat them up on hard and no alert icons. Can´t wait for new Batman game on NG, will probably be the best NG game this year.

Jealous Jota.

The Batmobile gameplay looks incredible. I hope this is the last we see of Two Face, Penguin and the like. This series will need fresh villians if they want to keep ppl coming back for more. The good thing is that there are plenty of characters in Batman's rogues gallery.

http://ncloud.blogspot.se/

Batman: Arkham Knight Limited Edition includes:

· Custom Art Book – 80 Page, Full Colour Art Book Showcasing the concept art of Batman Arkham Knight
· Limited Edition SteelBook™ – Unique SteelBook™ case and game disc
· Comic Book – Limited Edition DC Comics Batman: Arkham Knight #0 Comic Book
· Exclusive Character Skin Pack – Three Unique Skins from DC Comics – The New 52
· Batman Memorial Statue – Imposing statue commemorating Gotham’s Protector, the Dark Knight
· SRP: (Console – £89.99, PC – £74.99).

Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Edition includes:

· Custom Art Book – 80 Page, Full Colour Art Book Showcasing the concept art of Batman Arkham Knight
· Limited Edition SteelBook™ – Unique SteelBook™ case and game disc
· Comic Book – Limited Edition DC Comics Batman: Arkham Knight #0 Comic Book
· Exclusive Character Skin Pack – Three Unique Skins from DC Comics – The New 52
· Transforming Batmobile Statue – Fully transformable Batmobile statue realised in exquisite detail by TriForce
· SRP: £169.99 (PS4 and Xbox One Only).

xKMG7Qn.jpg

ncBatmanArkhamKnight_LEBE_0.jpg

Been given an "M" rating in America..

So here is hoping the game has a really dark and adult orientated story, and not just because it is really violent.

Should also mention that Arkham Asylum and City are being remastered for the PS4/XBONE and are due for release this Christmas..

So expect them to arrive July 2016.

With games as good as these, more than happy for them to get it right first time and delay it.

Back
Top Bottom