Assetto Corsa [All Platforms]

Jamezinho

Golden Boot Winner
10 June 2003
Ipswich, England
Ipswich Town F.C.
About time this game got its own thread.

Assetto Corsa is a PC racing simulation developed by Italian company Kunos Simulazioni. They are a small team on a modest budget but what they are doing with this sim is very impressive. They have secured a decent amount of licensed content from manufacturers like Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, Lotus, McLaren, Pagani, as well as others to come. All the tracks in this game are laser-scanned and very faithfully recreated, featuring classics like Monza, Imola, Silverstone and Mugello. Spa and Nurburgring GP will be added at a later date, but the big one - a laser-scanned Nurburgring Nordschleife - is coming in September....probably the single most anticipated release in sim racing.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/en/

It's currently a 'work-in-progress' game but early access is available on Steam.

It's pretty much doing everything right. Gran Turismo/Forza style visuals and UI coupled with PC grade physics and performance.

I cannot recommend this game enough. However it's probably not for those that want a Gran Turismo or Forza clone with loads of tracks, hundreds of cars, performance upgrades and a big career mode. While it does have elements of all these things, it's a more focused experience. It is mod friendly though, so hopefully plenty more cars and tracks will be added by the community with time.

Anyone else playing this or planning to get it?

Last edited:
Yes, it's looking good. This and Project Cars are the primary reasons I'm investing in a PC & wheel this year.

I've had my eye on this one and it does look excellent, I'd definitely be snapping it up if I had a wheel - I feel it's the sort of game that you wouldn't get the most out of with a controller, although I imagine it would still be scalable/moddable to be a fun experience still.

I plan on getting a nice wheel at some point, which will make this game a surefire purchase.

From my experience all proper racing simulations benefit from a wheel, not just because of the realism and immersion they bring, but mainly because it's much easier to drive a sim with a wheel.

Games like Gran Turismo and Forza are designed to be gamepad friendly. That's why pad players can hold their own or beat wheel users in those games. PC sims are built for wheel users and you really do need one to be quick and consistent.

Having said that, most of my time on AC has been with a 360 pad, mainly due to having a three month old son and not enough time to set up my wheel and put a decent session in! If you set up the pad properly it's certainly very usable in AC.

If you are thinking of getting a wheel I recommend the Logitech Driving Force GT. It's by far the best budget wheel out there. Very solid with good force feedback and feel. Then if you get the bug they are easy to sell on and you can look at a more serious Fanatec or Thrustmaster.

Finally v1.0 is out on Steam.

Realistic physics with stunning graphics.
I'm often used to be illuded as if I were driving the real car in the real track.
I have to forget other racing games.

Kunos Simulazioni has confirmed the content of the upcoming free bonus DLC pack for Assetto Corsa.
As rumored before, the pack will include five brand new cars as well as a new track, The Dutch Circuit Park Zandvoort.
Bonus DLC Pack Included Cars
- Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde
- Audi Sport Quattro
- Lamborghini Miura
- Nissan Nismo GT-R
- Toyota GT-86

The Bonus DLC pack will be a available free of charge for Assetto Corsa owners, coming as part of the 1.2 version release that is scheduled to be out in July.

Games like Gran Turismo and Forza are designed to be gamepad friendly. That's why pad players can hold their own or beat wheel users in those games. PC sims are built for wheel users and you really do need one to be quick and consistent.

Dirt Rally sticks out as the exception to this rule TBH. I agree though, sims need to be wheel user priority.

Im excited about this one. Hopefully it runs fine in the Series S. I know this is an old thread for AC, but I figured I would include ACC here too (hope thats OK).
I have been so pleasantly surprised with this game. Next gen update looks great

Im excited about this one. Hopefully it runs fine in the Series S. I know this is an old thread for AC, but I figured I would include ACC here too (hope thats OK).
I have been so pleasantly surprised with this game. Next gen update looks great

So its been a few weeks since this update came out. Ive been trying it out since I play with controller and like to sit back on the couch. To be honest at least on the Series S its a pretty shitty update. Iā€™ve actually wondered if I downloaded the correct game or if the update didnā€™t apply. The graphics dont look upgraded, lots of pop ins, bad shadows, framedrops, I actually think it looked better before. Hopefully they really patch it up

Its a great game, but for now get it on PC for 10 bucks, it looks much better and has the latest physics update that consoles havenā€™t gotten yet. wait for consoles port to get fixed (at least series s). Runs fine on my 4 year old computer

Lads... How the fuck do customise cars in Assetto Corsa Competizione??
I'm picking here all sorts of colours and fuck all changes
IMG20231018183924.jpg

Unless it doesn't work for single race?

Edit.
Decided to move the post to the actual Assetto Corsa thread, even tho it's not ACC. But same series I suppose.

I have to read some beginner guide about it. This game is some witchcraft.
Flying along, got pushed, fell out of the track, wrecked the car. Went to the garage. Couldn't move for 5mins coz it was saying "controls locked for 5mins". Eventually it let me out and the minute I drove out - the race ended.
I have no idea what's going on. :LOL:

But I really like how Grounded and Gritty this game feels. There is no floatiness here. You can almost feel your arse on the tarmac. And then one wrong move and you are plastered on a wall and can't even turn. My kind of physics. šŸ˜

Last edited:
Lads... How the fuck do customise cars in Assetto Corsa Competizione??
I'm picking here all sorts of colours and fuck all changes

Unless it doesn't work for single race?

Edit.
Decided to move the post to the actual Assetto Corsa thread, even tho it's not ACC. But same series I suppose.

I have to read some beginner guide about it. This game is some witchcraft.
Flying along, got pushed, fell out of the track, wrecked the car. Went to the garage. Couldn't move for 5mins coz it was saying "controls locked for 5mins". Eventually it let me out and the minute I drove out - the race ended.
I have no idea what's going on. :LOL:

But I really like how Grounded and Gritty this game feels. There is no floatiness here. You can almost feel your arse on the tarmac. And then one wrong move and you are plastered on a wall and can't even turn. My kind of physics. šŸ˜

Is this still on gamepass? I remember playing on ps4 but that version was insanely barebonws...

Is this still on gamepass? I remember playing on ps4 but that version was insanely barebonws...
No, this one was on PS Plus..Extra?
Whatever the name is. I got a pack of all the DLCs for it as well, coz I'm enjoying it.

No, this one was on PS Plus..Extra?
Whatever the name is. I got a pack of all the DLCs for it as well, coz I'm enjoying it.

Ok, I'll check it on both. Thanks

I might be wrong but I think asseto corsa competizione or something like that is the sequel, that was much better than the first game...

Are you playing ACC (only gt3/4 cars) or AC. The screenshot of the car seems ACC, which is a terrific game. AC is good too om pc with mods (but unfortunately with a controller its not the best, acc with a controller actually is doable for me)

Anywho, both are great games, def enjoy. Are you using a wheel? I use controller and actually ACC is one of the sims that best works for me (the other being rrre)

Are you playing ACC (only gt3/4 cars) or AC. The screenshot of the car seems ACC, which is a terrific game.
ACC. I don't think AC was released on consoles.

Anywho, both are great games, def enjoy. Are you using a wheel? I use controller and actually ACC is one of the sims that best works for me
Controller.
Jaysus, I think 40 year old having both consoles is enough for my wife.
If I sat there with a toy steering wheel she would just smack me in the back of my head.. :LOL:

Yeah, I find it doable on the controller. Quite enjoyable even. Just - can't get my head around rules and settings and customisation and all. Driving is grand.

ACC. I don't think AC was released on consoles.

Controller.
Jaysus, I think 40 year old having both consoles is enough for my wife.
If I sat there with a toy steering wheel she would just smack me in the back of my head.. :LOL:

Yeah, I find it doable on the controller. Quite enjoyable even. Just - can't get my head around rules and settings and customisation and all. Driving is grand.

So are you using the dualsense? Is the haptics that are making it so enjoyable?

So are you using the dualsense? Is the haptics that are making it so enjoyable?
Haptics aren't bad at all, but the most enjoyable part for me is how Grounded it feels. I don't think I remember another racing game where car would feel so...connected with the road.
Most racing games have the steering balancing issue with the controllers. It's either too loose or too heavy to turn.
This one is just right. If I spin - I know it was my fault and I know what I did wrong.

Haptics aren't bad at all, but the most enjoyable part for me is how Grounded it feels. I don't think I remember another racing game where car would feel so...connected with the road.
Most racing games have the steering balancing issue with the controllers. It's either too loose or too heavy to turn.
This one is just right. If I spin - I know it was my fault and I know what I did wrong.
You made me revisit this yesterday. It is still very enjoyable. But I started tinkering with my settings.
DO you play with steer assit on bc of controller? Im guessing stability control is at 0 right?

You made me revisit this yesterday. It is still very enjoyable. But I started tinkering with my settings.
DO you play with steer assit on bc of controller? Im guessing stability control is at 0 right?
I just went to youtube and watched first video that popped out on controller settings. The bloke seemed to be sound and looked like he really took his time and tested it properly, so I just set it up the same way.

Oh and btw - I was wrong. I couldn't find normal Assetto Corsa on PS5 for some reason, but I found ultimate edition with all DLCs on Xbox for 40quid...

Now I'm tempted... :LOL:

What were the differences?
Which one was better?
Were they both on race circuits, or was Assetto Corsa on open roads?
Should I just stick to Competizione for now?

I'm in the zone now. Playing ACC, Dirt Rally 2.0 and Forza Motorsport.
Spent most time in Forza Motorsport recently without any particular reason. I just started from this one and it feels most familiar. Besides - I race against @Chris Davies and @jaygrim and it's nice to ram their asses off the road. Even if they're just AI imposters.. :LOL:

I just went to youtube and watched first video that popped out on controller settings. The bloke seemed to be sound and looked like he really took his time and tested it properly, so I just set it up the same way.

Oh and btw - I was wrong. I couldn't find normal Assetto Corsa on PS5 for some reason, but I found ultimate edition with all DLCs on Xbox for 40quid...

Now I'm tempted... :LOL:

What were the differences?
Which one was better?
Were they both on race circuits, or was Assetto Corsa on open roads?
Should I just stick to Competizione for now?

I'm in the zone now. Playing ACC, Dirt Rally 2.0 and Forza Motorsport.
Spent most time in Forza Motorsport recently without any particular reason. I just started from this one and it feels most familiar. Besides - I race against @Chris Davies and @jaygrim and it's nice to ram their asses off the road. Even if they're just AI imposters.. :LOL:

Thanks a lot for the controller settings, they are actually really good. did a few laps with them and was pretty smooth, then did a couple of laps with my old setup and realized what I had was complete junk. So I'm happy with the new config from the video.

Funny you mention AC, I actually installed it this morning and played a bit. It still holds up pretty well for an old game (I hope you were kidding with the $40 price tempting; that game is usually $3). I would stick to ACC, at least on XBOX, in PC you have all sorts of mods which really improve the game (even downloaded a controller mod which makes it driveable), but on Xbox without mods you are better off with ACC.
AC has open roads, more cars/classes. Check key sites and Im sure you can get the ultimate version for 5$, at least to try it out.

Thanks a lot for the controller settings, they are actually really good. did a few laps with them and was pretty smooth, then did a couple of laps with my old setup and realized what I had was complete junk
Yeah I knew the fella wasn't just another clickbait crowd, but I had to watch entire video.
He shouldn't have called it - "Best controller settings EVER!!!", coz the childish title actually takes away from serious work he put in there. Glad you like it.

I'm really enjoying my little racing games adventure and seems like next year we will be getting Assetto Corsa 2 and Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown, which might finally scratch some open world Sim driving, with traffic. There's nothing like this on console as far as I know.
(I tried Forza Horizon 4&5 and with all assists off and everything set to simulation - it's still feels like Need For Speed)

Last edited:
@el niche , pal, do you know if we can change driver seat height on consoles? I've seen on the clips from PC that one of the keybinds is adjusting height of the driver seat. They were showing cockpit camera going up and down to see more road.
Any idea if and where we have this setting on consoles? I was trying to find it but no luck.

@el niche , pal, do you know if we can change driver seat height on consoles? I've seen on the clips from PC that one of the keybinds is adjusting height of the driver seat. They were showing cockpit camera going up and down to see more road.
Any idea if and where we have this setting on consoles? I was trying to find it but no luck.

I couldnt find it at first, but I remember reading that it was included. For some reason they don't put it in the settings screen , but you have to look for it in the pause menu once you are in a race. Click start or whatever the pause menu is one you are in the car and "view settings". There you can adjust height, how close, etc. I didnt see a button to map it specifically, though.
Hope that helps.

Donwloaded AC for the XBOX just because you mentioned.. meh, not worth it. uninstalled after a race. I actually recall being more engaged in PC2 (both not the best with controller). If you have a PC then yes its worth the 6-7$ for the ultimate edition

Thanks, I'll try to find it tomorrow.
Just had my first online session. Over 30 people in a race. Since I'm just starting and can't drive properly - my online rating is equal to a Caveman. So I cant pick any gentlemen's lobby and was thrown into a session with similar Savages.
Dear God, the initial stage of the race was some mayhem. But once it got less dense - people were driving quite well.
Very thrilling and tense experience. Finished 8th and had a lots of fun.šŸ˜

For pc with SOL and the whole content its the best simulation game out there. The best feeling of driving. I cant even look at other asphalt games

Last edited:
For pc with SOL and the whole content its the best simulation game out there. The best feeling of driving. I cant even look at other asphalt games

I went back to revisit asseto corsa on the PC and it does play indeed nice thanks to the mods (big improvement was a mod for controller use). pretty enjoyable and a lot of content. Driving wise I do like how ACC plays better (hitting the apex on AC for me always ends up in a spin-out)

Back
Top Bottom