PES 2014 Master League Thread

fd1972uk

---------------------
9 January 2002
Glasgow
Celtic
Not seen one raised yet.

I'll probably wait till it has a Option File anyway, but looking forward to another ML campaign with my Greek wonders Rodos.

Last year's edition was the first time I managed to win the CL.

Hope to hear all your stories!! :WORSHIP:

FD

Hu_130627_Deportes_Fut_Arg_Quilmes_Vivas_presentacion_conferencia.jpg

quilmes-dentro.jpg

There was really one one choice... :))

quilmes_pack.jpg

hehe, good choice.

I will probably go again with Rodos, but I have contemplated the South American league.

FD

I have started a ML with the pope's favourite team: San Lorenzo. I love the exotic aspect of those South American leagues. Wish there would be more South-American teams in the game...EA has both Argentinian and Chilean leagu ebut also the Columbian league in FIFA14.

I have always loved Argentinian football.

Anyway, San Lorenzo's defense isn't very good, but they have a very good attack. They have somewell known players who played in Europe: Cetto (Toulouse), Menseguez (Wolfsburg) and another familiar name is Piatti. Znd the y have one of the archetypical play makers: Leandro Romagnoli.

Have played 4 matches and have won 3 of them: 3-4, 3-4, 3-2 and 2-2.
I'll have to buy a couple of good CB's and a decent GK...

I have started a ML with the pope's favourite team: San Lorenzo. I love the exotic aspect of those South American leagues. Wish there would be more South-American teams in the game...EA has both Argentinian and Chilean leagu ebut also the Columbian league in FIFA14.

I have always loved Argentinian football.

Anyway, San Lorenzo's defense isn't very good, but they have a very good attack. They have somewell known players who played in Europe: Cetto (Toulouse), Menseguez (Wolfsburg) and another familiar name is Piatti. Znd the y have one of the archetypical play makers: Leandro Romagnoli.

Have played 4 matches and have won 3 of them: 3-4, 3-4, 3-2 and 2-2.
I'll have to buy a couple of good CB's and a decent GK...

Hello mate

Its not only the Pope's favourite team but Aragorn's as well!!!! :)

san_lorenzo_viggo_mortensen.jpg

For my ml I moved the Chilean to the second league with the Argentine primera league as the first. Got Cobreloa in the quarters. But coming to the end of the apertura in a disappointing 16th with Rosario

I'm also playing as a South American team; I've selected Estudiantes, not in the ML, but the League mode. I lost my first game (0-1), at home, to San Lorenzo.

Does anybody find it hard to create chances at goal? I can hold the ball in midfield well enough, but I find it hard to break through the defense.

The game is going to take some time to get used to, because it's completely different from the last PES game I settled down with - PES6. The passing feels loose; it doesn't go to the precise player you want it to. I'm guessing it's more control on your part? A lot has changed with this game.

Also why did Konami overhaul the detailed, but, intuitive "Formation" system for the "Gameplan"? Is this what fans requested during the 5/6 years of the series' development on the PS3? It's really going to take me a while to get used to it. The players' stats have changed too! I don't really understand at the moment.

I'm assuming the reason why this thread is so slow, is because a lot of people are waiting for a comprehensive option file to use for their game.

Yeah, I've not even got the game as yet, but need to get it soon, I've been trying to get through some other games so not got round to getting it.

As said, I'll not be starting anyway till a decent Option File is done.

FD

Swansea, Halfway of 2nd season and 2nd rank under chelsea. 1st season ended up in 14 rank if I remember :P.

Recent player purchases are aspas, chamberlain, campbell from cardiff city, and de silvestri. Earlier, it was dante who joined the team. Some swansea's default player has been sold and release.

Initially, campbell was like dissapointing purchase until i realize he is the 3rd top scorer in premier league :SMUG:. De silvestri and chamberlain are kind a successful purchase really happy with their ability on the pitch.

It was so free to play againts earlier promoted WE united after playing againts liverpool (the only big team that defeat me in this 2nd season)by 4-2 :RANT:.

Finally got round to getting the game. Just getting used to things, so just playing the AFC Championship at the moment, so will give that a go, and then I've downloaded the WENB Option File, so see how that looks.

Undecided on what team to go, continue with Rodos, do I go my fictious team Banilla in the Portugese league or do I go with someone else, possibly Sochaux. Decisions, decisions.

FD

Started playing the Argentinian league with Arsenal De Sarandi. Chose the Santos stadium as my home stadium as closest to the real thing.

Having some good games at the moment, and just blitzed Godoy Cruz 5-1. I'm playing the League, not ML yet - will wait on the Konami November update before commencing ML.

The lack of stadiums is still a killer for me, but i'm just doing my best to trundle through!

I bought two players in the initial transfer window, and Licá from Porto is an absolute beast for me. Definite my star player and has been picked for the Portuguese national team now as well. The other was Marco Motta - he's quick at RB but a bit suspect - like Glen Johnson - goes missing when defending.

There are still moments where I pull my hair out (edge of the box with a perfect chance to smash a scorchio... and the player toe pokes it?!!! I'm trying to live with this, but it's happening on more than one occasion. Hoping this is also fixed in the patch as the shooting mechanism at times is frustrating.

Roll on ML.

Should be up an running in my game in next few days.

Finally found a decent enough Option File.

Intend to edit the Portugese League a bit and make it like a European Select League, Portugal, some Eastern Block teams, Scandinavia and I've thrown in St Pat's too.

Just doing a quick edit of kits myself, a bit messy, but will do the biz for me.

I'm going to start off as a fictious team Banilla FC, who will be based near Portugal in Atlantic Ocean.

Will have a few edited players who will be good, the rest will be just made up of whoever I start off with and any possible buys. Think I've edited my team over the top of Wondegine (sp?) Town.

FD

I haven't played too much of it mate to be honest.

I like parts of it, but some of it I don't seems to be a kind of button bashing game.

As said I haven't got the full knack of the game, but going into the ML will no doubt mean racking up many hours of the game so I'll get a better feel for the game.

I haven't even clicked on ML yet, so not sure what to expect.

I'm someone who likes the little clips like manager interaction, player introductions etc but think that may have been removed, not sure, but I'll see what it brings.

Still got 5 or 6 teams to edit and then I'm good to go, will need to sort out the teams, but not fussed about real players, will just try and assign maybe nationalities to the added teams I've done and leave at that.

FD

Hey guys, I am having a problem with master league and edit mode. I moved Van Der Vaart (not copied) to hamburger from the Netherlands, but whenever I start a master league the game thinks they are separate players so there will be 2 Van Der Vaarts. Is there a way to fix this?

Not sure, sorry.

Well edited all the teams, just working through sorting out the team lists.

Trying to find the odd player here and there that are relevant to each team I've added, other than that I've just added that team's nationality free agents to their roster.

Should be up and running over weekend.

Just tweak my team here and there and that's me good to go.

FD

A bit quiet on the ML front it seems. Has anybody played a couple of seasons yet? If so, how are you finding it? Good or bad?

I haven't started one myself yet but I have a good OF, 7oy's one, that I'll be using. I'm waiting until patch 1.06 is released for ps3 before I start one. Then I will post updates.

I've started my season, I've a few edited players who are quite good, but plan to do my usual and use them along with youth and some players who maybe catch the eye, as usual I won't touch your big names, just never have never will.

Started off with Banilla in a shared League with Portugal and various teams from mostly Scandinavia and some Eastern Block Teams that I added. As well as doing likewise for the 2nd division.

Started off rather well and already looking good, got a win in first round of cup too.

Main notable players bought were a right back named Suarez, Neto at Centre Half and Tshabalala on the wing.

FD

Oh and I am a sucker for the little scenes that play out i.e. talking to squad, board, manager edit, player introductions, so I'm missing that to be honest.

Not sure how it goes with the season, but don't expect to see much on these little things if they have removed every single thing or left one or two i.e. player awards or something?

FD

Well league performance going well, 6 out of 6 wins, in 1st place.

However crashed out in the 2nd round of the Cup to Rio Ave on penalties after 2-2 end, was up 2-0 as well and let it slip.

Disappointed, I'm confident of winning the league, or at worst promotion, and not sure if the cup is a link to the Europa Cup, as I always end up qualifying for the CL so miss out on it.

Ah well.

Whilst playing against Rio Ave, hope to pick up their left back Pinto for my team.

FD

I notice not really anything happening much in this, guess the changes ain't been to everyone's liking, lol.

Anyway, managed to get promotion to EPD (Euro Premier Division) winning the league from 2nd place Hadjuk Split.

Managed to pick up a few players too to bolster the squad.

picked up Pinto from Rio Ave and also Najar (although sold him start of 2nd season). Also a speedy winger Guerron and Vorsah (CD/DM) and Mexer at centre half. Also picked up a 39 year old Juan Veron for experience in the middle of the park on loan. Also picked up Herschoff from Bayern Munich on loan.

Tried to get Ronaldhino and Forlan on loan, but no success.

Confident I can win the league with what I have, but want to win the Cup more, lol.

FD

Forgot to add, been offered a few jobs.

Was offered some club jobs, but rejected them all, more likely I'll remain with the club anyway throughout.

However I was offered some International Jobs, been offered Guinea, Oman, Panama and Ecuador. Ecuador is most appealing as they will have a bit better quality, but then the others have never qualified for the World Cup. Think I'm ruling out Guinea, I don't know about Oman, so I'm thinking between Panama and Ecuador.

FD

Back
Top Bottom