Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain

The Fox engine is quite amazing.
Thats the first time a tech presentation doesn't bore me.

FUCK YEAH

fck-yeah-its-friday-gifs-6.gif

Snake's movements (or Big Boss') look very organic. After the explosion he even hurts his arm and drags it behind as he crawls forward.

Second watch of the trailer, I'm already getting used to David Hayter not being Snake

This whole thing yesterday had such a profound effect on me that I downloaded MGS: Peace Walker last night and started playing.

Isn't it rumoured that PES will use this new engine?

Based on it and modified to suit a football game, yes. It's almost certain that at least visually it will be equally impressive.

The trailers and tech demos were impressive, wish the PES Team did the same exact thing. And that engine toolset was amazing to see running, seems to have an immensity of stuff just a button click away, which is unusual on in-house engines.

Last edited:
Terrific tech but the ludicrous Metal Gear exposition and cutscenes has become a turn-off for me in recent years.

Am I wrong but the majority of that MGS video are just cut scenes though, not actual gameplay?

On Kojima's (translated) words, both cinematic trailer and gameplay video are running on the game's engine.

It's not that surprising in this day and age. The days of CGI cutscenes are long gone :)

Last edited:
The only negative point I would make to the Fox Engine is that it could have come in 2011/2012, but it's better later than never.

I'm excited for the next MGS games and specially what PES team can do with their new engine built from Fox Engine.

But about that full video (the one thats lasts more than one hour), they showed some insane life like visuals, that little black boy is amazing. I really don't expect to see that level even on nextgen (maybe in the future on PC, maybe), I'm a bit skeptical.

Last edited:
The only negative point I would make to the Fox Engine is that it could have come in 2011/2012, but it's better later than never.

I'm excited for the next MGS games and specially what PES team can do with their new engine built from Fox Engine.

But about that full video (the one thats lasts more than one hour), they showed some insane life like visuals, that little black boy is amazing. I really don't expect to see that level even on nextgen (maybe in the future on PC, maybe), I'm a bit skeptical.
The presentation was running on a current generation PC.

As long as Kojima doesn't get lost again in childish characters, weak story turns, absurdly long cutscenes and dated game design the game may get back to the glory of MGS3.

It did look impressive. Head and shoulders above any of the Microsoft exclusives. Didn't like Sutherland's voice though, but it may be a grower. Hopefully the story is bit more sane this time around.

I've been hoping that the game fast forwards halfway through and we play as young snake fighting against big boss. So hayter will be doing the voice there. Kinda like how they kept raided from us in mgs2.

It seems unnecessary casting Sutherland as snake. I mean, anyone who likes the game already knows hayter. Anyone who is a casual fan of Sutherland isn't exactly going to buy this just because he does the voice. It's not as if snakes voice was ever poorly done in the games either.

I live in hope though.

Back
Top Bottom