Gaming Headphones?

Scutch

Futsal Master
31 October 2006
Cumbria, UK
Tottenham Hotspur
Anyone have any decent recommendations?

Could do with them being wireless. Not too fussed about the mic as I can sort that myself, but just want a nice set of headphones for gaming, so sound and fit quality should be priority.

Budget, as it's a Christmas present off the missus, will around £50 - £70 ish (although when I tell her this she'll probably go mental).

I've sourced these which are quite decent given they have £70 knocked off, but opinions welcome :

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStati...eals&awc=buyat&_$ja=tsid:11516|prd:hotukdeals

Cheers guys.

Check out the XBox thread a few of us were talking about headphones these past few days

Bitter has some Turtle Beach X41's and said they are great and i have ordered some for £65 off ebay refurbished

They are better than the ones you posted so you will be better off getting these i think. They are sold by turtlebeach as well so its not a dodgy guy fixing em :)

Get the Turtle Beach X12 with a DSS Amp and you'll be in gaming headset heaven and probably go deaf in both ears by the time you reach 50.

Total price I spent was 120$. Well worth it in my opinion. The neighbors are also very glad.

Good deal mate. With my X11's and DSS Amp, I can hear footsteps loud and clear. The gun sounds are very powerful. The atmospheric sounds are crisp and come from all directions on your ear. When someone fires a gun from your right, the sounds only comes from that side of your ear. When your flying an aircraft, the sound of the jet engines is deafening and powerful as if you are actually inside a real fighter jet. It's definately a whole new experience playing FPS games with this headsets. I am in a completely different world.

wouldn't that be even more reason to have a headset that can enjoy dolby digital surround?

then you can enjoy the game as it was intended to sound

But won't I need a home cinema system for that? All I have currently is my Panasonic G10 TV with my consoles and that's all I'm running. I had a surround system but sold it earlier this year.

As Jay said

for example the x41 will give you 7.1 digital surround sound. most games are 5.1 but it will still give you dolby digital and is much better than stereo as you will get your sound seperation.

if you are using the xbox and hdmi, all you need is the adaptor that goes in the AV port below the hdmi and then run the optical cable out of that to the turtle beach box.

set the xbox 360 to use dolby digital and then this will pass through to your wireless headset.

Cheers guys. I just need to find a set of X41's for the right price now.

Both Shopto and Tesco Direct do them for £90 delivered. However, both are out of stock. Shopto claim they should receive them in by early December but can't guarantee it.

Bah. I'm not paying (or the missus won't pay) over £100 for a set of headphones, so these two outlets are my best option.

Mine came today and i'm impressed

They work with the 360, Popcorn Hour and Sky no problem and they all sound great

1 downfall is that they can't play movie's with DTS but that's what my amp is for anyway :)

Bitter how loud are yours? I had the volume up full on COD which is just about the right volume but i wouldn't mind them louder when im listening to music which obviously i cant do through the headset as its up full

Everywhere is out of stock of the X41's until mid-December. Saying that, Airetech seem to expect stock in on the 8th. So I've registered and pre-ordered but they haven't taken payment until I commit to it. £95 including delivery.

I even tried the refurb route on Ebay but there are none left.

Back
Top Bottom