PES 2012 pc- TV Output disappointing

cadburyho

League 1
5 March 2005
Hi guys,
Yesterday I tried hooking my HDMI port from my PC with my Sony TV PC port. The game runs a bit too fast but then there are option to slow down the game so that is not an issue. My problem is when I set V-Sync whether on or off, the players' jerseys tend to flicker especially during motion. Is there anyway to improve the resolution on the TV? Or is there something I need to do on my pc?

Hi guys,
Yesterday I tried hooking my HDMI port from my PC with my Sony TV PC port. The game runs a bit too fast but then there are option to slow down the game so that is not an issue. My problem is when I set V-Sync whether on or off, the players' jerseys tend to flicker especially during motion. Is there anyway to improve the resolution on the TV? Or is there something I need to do on my pc?

The game will run to fast if TV is 16:9 and game settings is with 4:3 . I use VGA to my LCD TV and i'm happy , look great, better that HDMI .

why? techinally?

I'll try to explain it possible shortest way.

Its your game 4:3
1jpgja.jpg
it's your TV 16:9
92943684.jpg
When the game is shown on TV, in this case 4:3 to 16:9, it looks like
65009520.jpg

In practice, purely visual, which is the distance from point A to point B is now longer
90061129.jpg
, but the time for this is stay the same and it still purely visual ,the speed look higher. Physics.
Motion Preview :
43.gif

169.gif

Last edited:
Exactly what AntrAcsA said.

Plus, if you stretch a 4:3 output to a 16:9 screen, every player of yours will look like Ronaldo:
C_3_Media_1116393_immagine_oleft.jpg

I'm a complete resolution noob and it has always confused me.

At what setting should PES be played? or in other words, on what setting are the players correctly proportioned? 4:3 I guess, right?
Then why even bother giving players lots of other options like 16:9, 5:3. Wouldn't all other setting apart from 4:3 make the players looks too wide or too tall?

We can actually prevent the flickering by setting the game at Windows mode instead of fullscreen. Now the game runs perfectly.

Thanks guys for your comment. It is indeed educational.

Hi,

Just wanted to ask a question in this thread rather than starting a new one.

Is there any way to activate a dual display selection option? My primary monitor is not what I want to use to play this, but I have seen no option to select my secondary display, which is a whopping 50"er, so it's really annoying me that I have to manually switch it to my primary display to play on it.

Anyone having this problem, and is there a solution?

Cheers

Hi,

Just wanted to ask a question in this thread rather than starting a new one.

Is there any way to activate a dual display selection option? My primary monitor is not what I want to use to play this, but I have seen no option to select my secondary display, which is a whopping 50"er, so it's really annoying me that I have to manually switch it to my primary display to play on it.

Anyone having this problem, and is there a solution?

Cheers
Some time ago I had a similar problem with an ATI video card.
But never decided to do more serious to solve this problem. When i uninstal the ATI video drives , i have Pictures on both , TV and Monitor like a clone mode, but when i install the drivers, TV is gone and cant turn on again.. its was strange...(it was on my old PC) Now (Other, new one) i don't use regular monitor, just use LCD TV with VGA IN.
What TV out do you using? You held that all a cables are work OK ? Try with diffirent cables .

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

My secondary screen woks fine - nothing wrong with the cables etc, it's just that the game itself doesn't seem to offer the option of picking what display I want to use.

For example, when I installed Deus Ex, the graphics screen asks me if I want to use the primary or secondary display and I can set what I accordingly, whilst PES 2012, does not offer any such option.

I was wondering if there is a way to bypass this and force it as an option?

Thanks for your reply.

My secondary screen woks fine - nothing wrong with the cables etc, it's just that the game itself doesn't seem to offer the option of picking what display I want to use.

For example, when I installed Deus Ex, the graphics screen asks me if I want to use the primary or secondary display and I can set what I accordingly, whilst PES 2012, does not offer any such option.

I was wondering if there is a way to bypass this and force it as an option?

Put the " Clone Mode " from ATI or Nvidia control panel and try.
Or.. i don't know, look you screen refersh, must be 60 mhz .

Back
Top Bottom