PES 2011 Nightmare 2

maremas_

Sve delije od Srbije!
5 August 2007
Beograd
Red Star Belgrade
These are some of the things that bother me a lot and happens often, I hope that all of this will be fixed in PES 2012. Everything is recorded on the top payer difficulty! What do you think about all of this?

YouTube - PES 2011 Nightmare 2

Last edited:
On 1:20 where you have the striker sliding to hit the ball, thats because you are pressing the shoot button too early. Look how far the ball is from the player when he does that move, he is stretching out to hit it.
Apart from that I agree with all of it.

Excellent video maremas. It highlights pretty much all the problems with this game in a clear and simple way.

Make sure you post in the feedback section at wenb (if you haven't already).

Completely agree, especially cursor changing and when defenders don't cut passes. Things that piss me off and things that FIFA seems to have sorted since 08. They just have to polish the animations and some of the movement and the game will be significantly better than it is now.

Thats is a superb video my friend!!!!
The refereeing decisions are appalling in PES11.
I agree that you probably pressed the shoot button a little too early which made your forward lunge for the ball rather than strike it cleanly, this is just instinct and i do it alot too.
Only other point id make is that since the patch (1.02) the ridiculous scissor kick volleys from outside the box have been nerfed right down alot and only happen to me very occasionally, the CPU usually attempts a more realistic shot choice now, everything else spot on mate.

On 1:20 where you have the striker sliding to hit the ball, thats because you are pressing the shoot button too early. Look how far the ball is from the player when he does that move, he is stretching out to hit it.
Apart from that I agree with all of it.
See here how much I earlier pressed
playstation-buttons-square.jpg
and he do it right! For me that sliding shot in front of goal is definitely wrong... So talk about bad timing is silly.

http://img193.imageshack.us/i/9yg.mp4/

Last edited:
That's a really beautifully made video, the first one. It looks great.

I agree that the "sliding" shot animation is because you pressed shoot too soon, and the "shaolin" bicycle kick is also because you pressed shoot too soon. These things look a bit silly because you never see them in real football, but they're just the result of a system that demands good timing on shots, so I'm prepared to put up with the strange animations. Would be nice if they were replaced with something a bit less odd looking, though. I like the "circling round the ball" animation, but I agree that it happens too often.

The rest of the stuff in there is spot on, I reckon - especially the defenders taking one step backwards or forwards at a weird time, to let the attacker go past them. Most of the other problems are niggling little things rather than gamebreakers, but they're things which really can reduce your enjoyment and just should have been sorted.

Unfortunately, a lot of these things aren't really glitches or errors, they're put there deliberately to make the game more "challenging". If defenders didn't do stupid things sometimes, the game would be too easy on Top Player (I mean even easier than it is now, which is already slightly too easy). Same as the lack of player runs. The problem is that Konami's passing system is more advanced than their AI, so they have to balance it like this. If the player had total freedom, they would beat the computer 6-0 every game. We have to wait for Konami to develop better AI before we see this stuff improved too.

There's plenty of stuff which IS just stupid, bad coding, though. I wish I had the tech to put some of my freaky replays on YouTube. The best one ever was a goal disallowed when my striker made a fabulous dive through the air, headed the ball into the net, then as he fell he landed on the foot of a defender who was making a wild swing at where the ball would have been. The defender did that jump-backwards "oh my God I've been fouled" animation, and because the ball wasn't over the line yet when he kicked me (basically yes, he kicked my striker after he'd headed the ball) it was given as a foul, despite the fact that the ball had already gone, my striker was just obeying the laws of gravity, the defender shouldn't have been swinging his leg anyway, and the foul was actually on me. I also got a foul given against me when my player leant back to control a high ball on his chest and got kicked in the ribs while he was doing it. The guy kicking him did that recoil animation, and I was pulled up for the foul. It's like "Officer, arrest this man - he hit me in the fist with his face!"

Lots of great non-penalties as well, scenes where my striker was running with the ball and got hacked down from behind, no change in the ball trajectory so no contact with the ball, just a big hack from behind in the box. No penalty. This must have happened fifty times since I got the game. Sure, it's realistic to have the odd bad decision - but when you get fouled in the box now (at least on Top Player), your chances of winning the penalty are about 50/50, which is insane.

You should definitely make another video with some of this stuff in, if you see it happening to you. Also surprised you didn't capture any cursor-switching hell - it's been improved on through balls in the patch, but some weird stuff still happens. Three of your players standing still in midfield looking at a loose ball, until an opposition player strolls along and walks off with it... you must have had that happen.

One last one - cpu is counter attacking, three of its forwards vs my back four. Ball is passed out wide to the cpu left winger, so my right back and right central defender close in on him while the other two defenders follow the runs of the other two strikers. But wait! The other centre back (who I'm not controlling) decides to sprint across to the already-marked left winger too, leaving his man free to run into the box, which would never EVER happen, even in non-league football. As soon as he leaves his man, surprise surprise, a quick through ball from the left winger and their centre forward is in on goal unmarked. I'd love to have a video of that, because it happens a lot and it's a bloody nightmare.

Last edited:
See here how much I earlier pressed
playstation-buttons-square.jpg
and he do it right! For me that sliding shot in front of goal is definitely wrong...

That's a different situation though. In that video, you've knocked the ball ahead and you're running onto it, so you're allowed to use that time to power up your shot. In the first video you're more in control of the ball, the action is happening in a smaller space and you're being marked, so the game demands you time the shot better.

It's kind of a quirk of the game, but it makes perfect sense when you think about it.

I still think that player should make one more step, instead he do slide shot...

Last edited:
Good video, you captured most of the frustrating aspects of the game. You should really post this on WENB if you haven't already, this is exactly the type of feedback they want.

Send your video here: wenbpes2012@gmail.com

Last edited:
I'd really like a GK sprint button (for a quick dash and pass for a counter), or just generally make them a bit less clunky, once they're in possession. It's seems you can't go very far before the com takes over and makes him kick it.

I agree with most of it, i just don't the video was necessary, it just seemed like you were moaning really.

Only disagree with the shooting (you pressing the shoot button when your too far away from the ball, he rushes and slides to just touch it'.

Disagree with the circling around the ball, just hold R2 and the direction you want to control the ball in and he goes directly to the ball every time. I like the circling around the ball!

Again rest is valid especially defenders not cutting out the ball (not enough block and interception animations). But it's just not really needed tbh.

Better to make a video illustrating what animations need to be in and where! Make a video to tell Konami to sort out players arms because they are to stuck the the players sides as if they are insecure about their sweaty armpits. The games biggest problem is the lack of animations and it's good for us to let Konami know this!

Bye!

Game is broken in many areas for me and for many others , I don't understand why we always have needs to defend what is wrong in the game and to say that it is our fault and not Konami's, for me that is "bullshit", if all these simple things can be right in fifa why Konami can't make thats right, the answer is obvious!
I don't play games, I play only PES and this all leads me to insanity from year to year, how they can't make game properly.

PES spirit died with next gen, next year Konami must do something about it, and hope that the fans voice really be heard!!! WENB doing the right thing!

Last edited:
Game is broken in many areas for me and for many others ,

Some parts are limited/broken, and many of the games strong points raise the bar in terms of quality to a level which spawns new problems in itself.

For me people simply moan too much, including me (or at least i used to)! I have come to the big conclusion is that,

1. People forget that this is just a game and people aren't ready themselves to have anything close to a proper true sim, since there are many realistic football aspects even in PES 2011 which people don't like.

2. People are too quick to criticize based on PES tarnished reputation with PES 2008, 2009 and 2010!

There are only 24 hours in a day! So however good or bad it is, does it really change your life?

if all these simple things can be right in fifa why Konami can't make thats right, the answer is obvious!

FIFA dosen't get any simple things right! It's gets barley anything right in terms of being a football sim apart from at the fancy stuff which losses it's novelty so quickly. Every players feels exactly the same, endless exploits which lead it to zero playability, plus more bugs than you will find under a log in the rain forset.

FIFA should have killed PES when they had the chance, they stood around adding loads of fancy gimmicks without getting any fundamentals right!

I personally can't be arsed with FIFA anymore.

I don't understand why we always have needs to defend what is wrong in the game and to say that it is our fault and not Konami's, for me that is "bullshit".

I don't play games, I play only PES and this all leads me to insanity from year to year, how they can't make game properly.

PES spirit died with next gen, next year Konami must do something about it, and hope that the fans voice really be heard!!! WENB doing the right thing!

Think about this!

When PES sorts these errors out and creates that 'amazing game' which tbh nobody really knows what that game is, since too many people have different needs!

BUT IF! PES actually sorts out it's problems and eventually does make that 'wow' game, think. Is it really going to change your life?

Are you going to spend anymore time on it than you do already? I assume you play say 10/15+ hours a week maybe? If PES was perfect are you going to spend you whole life playing it? Answer really is no!

I mean i like this game but i just haven't got any time anymore to play it, and there are many other more important things in life! So even when it becomes perfect, it's really not going to make much of a difference.

So when that amazing game comes about, it will hit you.

"does is really matter how perfect a game is, since here are more important things to do?"

Or most likely, that perfect game will never happen since people will be so busy criticizing niggles it will never come about!

-----

For example, the problems you listed, the two i disagreed with is just you moaning and if they were taken out, ironically would make the game less realsitic :CONFUSE: . not just that they aren't problems and you can work around them. It sounds like you want you 'own' version of PES with everything you want, rather than just playing whats in front of you.

The true issues you brought up and valid. But it dosen't bother me much really. Just accept it, those niggles shouldn't out weight the good points, the PES games on PS1 and 2 had many niggles and annoyances but i like all others just got on with it!! I think moaning about players doing bizarre bicycle kicks which after the patch never leads to anything on target even, than repetitive exploits and flaws we see in FIFA with scripted goals, Extreme AI cheating, game being totally unbalanced.

When i see on forums and on discussion people heavily criticizing NBA2k11 even! We live in society when the public on forums demand a level of perfection which the public themselves don't understand what is needed for the developers to get to, since everyone wants their 'own' game essentially.

Sliders is the only way forward! Even Sliders won't satisfy everyone. With PES, people see the glass as half full and are quick to disregard the good points for any niggles or annoyances!

We forget were still just playing a video game with a moderately intelligent computer that attempts replicate a football match! The more advanced we get, the higher the expectations! (no NASA, rocket science even)

So in my summary here, PES could be better obviously but people are too quick to criticize and don't want to understand what they are playing.

Anyway I've pretty much almost all interest in games, i dunno, it's just maybe a part of me growing up. I assume since if in regards to the video this is the way forward for PES, well, then ok.

Very good thread/video.
There's another thing I want to mention, the backheel passing. Sometimes it occurs in some of the most unrealistic situations.

I think the backheels are like the slide shot...if you press the button too early or want a quick pass it will happen. If you control the ball first and change direction, it will pass normally. You might think its unrealistic to backheel 20 metres across the pitch...but you're telling the game you want to pass it first time. Players in real life wouldnt be able to spin 180 degrees on the ball in one motion and pass it so they either control the ball and change direction or they try a first time pass (which in this case is a backheel). I think its like the bicycle kicks - press the button too early and they will happen more often than when you press the button as the ball has dropped lower to the ground.
My 2 cents worth if its worth even 2 cents lol

PERFECT VIDEO...You forgot just 3 things

1) AUTO SLOW DOWN of attackers running to the ball when there is a defender nearby

2)SUPER BACK RECOVERY of defenders even you are 3 meters far ahead from them

3) AUTO SHOOTING of attackers

GREAT JOB MATE KONAMI MUST RECEIVE IT

Guys.. i can't Found the first video of PES 2011 Nightmare :( . Was one of the Best PES videos of all time. The guy was really good of it . I want to see if he have other PES videos after that ...

Back
Top Bottom